The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready To Write? Quiz (From Writing Smarts; American Girl Book)

2 posters

Go down

Ready To Write? Quiz (From Writing Smarts; American Girl Book) Empty Ready To Write? Quiz (From Writing Smarts; American Girl Book)

Post by merry312 9/29/2009, 12:31 pm

Ready To Write? Quiz Very Happy
Credit: Writing Smarts; American Girl Book by Kerry Madden

You can do this online or on a piece of paper but this is a quiz to see if you are ready to write! Smile Just pick (or circle) the answer that describes what you would do. Smile Then post your answers and see what you got in the spoiler on the bottom.

1. You want to write a story about a pioneer girl, but you're not sure where to start. You...

a. Dig in the attic and find some old dress-up clothes, You put them on, walk around, and feel the scratchy fabric against your skin. Write it!
b. Look up "pioneer girl" on the internet and get side-tracked by clicking on all the links.
c. Figure Laura Ingalls Wilder already wrote everything there is to know about pioneer girls, so you forget it.

2. You're supposed to write a poem for a contest. You...

a. Go "people watching". You see a big man walking tiny dogs, a lady watering flowers in her bathrobe, and kids squealing on their bikes. Then you go home and write about what you saw.
b. Make a list of words that rhyme, and get mad at yourself when you can't think of very many.
c. Tell yourself you'll never win and blow it off.

3. Your teacher asks you to write a story from the point of view of your dog or your cat or your pet iguana. You...

a. Write: "Look at those greedy humans, stuffing their faces while I eat canned mush ON THE FLOOR!"
b. Begin your story: "I'm really not a dog, but if I were a dog, I would be a Lab because they like to swim."
c. Bite your pencil and say, "How am I supposed to know what a dog thinks?" You watch TV for inspiration.

4. Your mom is making you keep a journal of your summer vacation. You...

a. Begin: "All I see from the backseat of this van are signs to buy fireworks. Dad won't stop the car. Mom keeps singing to oldies on the radio..."
b. Scribble: "What a waste of time. This summer is going to be so boring. It's a million degrees outside and she wants me to write about it? I want to forget it!"
c. Announce: "No way! I don't lead an interesting life! But I wouldn't mind a Game Boy for the road.

5. You have to write a report on the Pony Express, so you...

a. Visit the stables to find out what it would have been like to ride a horse for 70 miles straight.
b. Look up the topic in the encyclopedia and reword what is written there.
c. Check out books with pretty pictures of horses but then realize that none of them say anything about the Pony Express. You turn the paper in late and get points taken off.

What did you get?

Spoiler:

Last edited by merry312 on 9/30/2009, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2308

Back to top Go down

Ready To Write? Quiz (From Writing Smarts; American Girl Book) Empty Re: Ready To Write? Quiz (From Writing Smarts; American Girl Book)

Post by PugsRock 9/29/2009, 3:19 pm

I have that book! Smile I'll take the quiz. Hold on. xD
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Ready To Write? Quiz (From Writing Smarts; American Girl Book) Empty Re: Ready To Write? Quiz (From Writing Smarts; American Girl Book)

Post by merry312 9/29/2009, 3:23 pm

Yeah. xD I am taking it in my book right now. lol!
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by merry312 9/29/2009, 3:25 pm

1. B

2. B

3. A

4. A

5. B

I am scratchy. xD
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by merry312 9/29/2009, 3:25 pm

PugsRock wrote:I have that book! Smile I'll take the quiz. Hold on. xD

Have you done all of the things in your book?
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 9/29/2009, 3:35 pm

Not all of them, but I like the cards in the back. xD Their fun.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by merry312 9/29/2009, 3:42 pm

Ya. xD I tore them out of the book and have them somewhere. xD
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down