The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Castle of Seaside Port PLEASE READ AND COMMENT!

Go down

The Castle of Seaside Port PLEASE READ AND COMMENT! Empty The Castle of Seaside Port PLEASE READ AND COMMENT!

Post by acruisie 6/3/2010, 6:15 pm

Hey everyone! Before I get started, let me say a few things! Thanks for reading, and please comment! I will check out your stories if you comment!

Prologue

Ip had lived his entire life clogged up in the middle of nowhere, with his mentor, Master Lens. Master Lens had adopted Ip before Ip even had a name. Ip had lived a painful life, and hated Master Lens. And now, Master Lens was elsewhere, and Ip could leave. Master Lens would never know. Ip was so excited! He had never been free before! To show Master Lens how much he hated him, Ip ate all of Master Len’s pies, and fruits. Ip gave Master Lens’ special feather pillow to the cat. Anything in the kitchen worth eating was devoured, and the house was a mess. Ip didn’t know how to ride a horse; so he planned to take Maxe, the old donkey. Master Lens had always loved Maxe, for reasons Ip didn’t know, and would be heartbroken to find him gone. So Ip packed everything up without hesitating, and within two days, Ip had found the direction to the nearest village, and was ready to set off. Ip cheered, satisfied with himself. Finally, Ip was free!

Chapter One
A New Job

Mindi Parr loved the sea; there was no doubt about that. Since she was fifteen, Mindi had been caretaker if the Port. Her father had taught her much about sea work, and the rest Mindi had figured out by herself. She loved boats, and everything about them. There was a pile of books by her bed were stories about sailors, or books Mindi had published herself, some fiction stories, and some that explained different things such as how to tie knots, or how to steer a ship. Every night Mindi would pick up a book, and read three chapters in it, and then slide it to the bottom of the pile.
Mindi lived and worked in a small stone cottage on the edge of the port. It was her bedroom, her office, her kitchen, and a room that she could enjoy a cup of tea while looking out her small window at the boats in. Right now Mindi happened to be eating fine custards and signing some papers, for Mindi had just bought her twenty-third boat. Mindi only owned eighteen of them, for she had sold the rest. This boat was a nice, and just barely built, sailboat. It was to be her best boat yet.
Mindi had just finished of her custard when her most prized employee, her twelve year old niece Rose Parr, came in through the small door carrying a folded up sail. As always the small girl’s face looked expressionless, and her blue eyes were open as big as eyes could possibly be.
“Hi Aunt Mindi,” Rose smiled, and held out a sail. “Needs some fixin’ up, got some big tears in it.” Rose noticed the empty plate sitting in front of Mindi, and quickly picked the plate up, and replaced it with the folded sail.
“Oh Rose,” Mindi sighed. She opened one of her many drawers, and pulled out a needle and a spool of white string. “I swear, these sails are always getting torn up! I get at least twenty of them in here everyday! Heck, I could probably hire someone to patch them up! Mindi opened up the large sail, and found the first hole. She tied the rest of the sail up into the large knot.
Rose put the plate into the sink, and sat down in a chair in the corner of the house. “Rose, be a dear and get me some material from that drawer over there. It is next to the one with dyes. Just a small piece would be nice-but not too small. Oh Rose, this one is too dark, get a lighter white please. Are there to pieces that would fit of that color? Okay, I guess I can do with the darker color.” Rose handed her the piece of material, and retired to the seat.
Rose felt quite guilty for what she had done. She had not lied to her dear Aunt Mindi, but she also had not told her the truth. Aunt Mindi either knows, or she wouldn’t care if she did know. It doesn’t matter very much. I didn’t lie to her; I would never lie to my dear aunt! Rose tried to convince herself that she hadn’t done anything wrong, but she knew that wasn’t true. Mindi thought the sail belonged to some sailor, but it was really Rose’s sail. Rose’s father was Mindi’s brother, but her mother came from across the sea. Rose felt out of place, and wanted to journey to her mother’s homeland. So secretly she was saving up the money to journey across the Small Sea, and stay for a year or so with her mother’s family.
Rose had not told Mindi her plan, and was sneaking around behind her back. The sail she had just bought off of some sailor who said it was a piece of crap, and gave it to Rose for three copper coins. Rose had about half the money she needed for a boat, and was secretly keeping the tips she got for helping sailors out in the port. Mindi knew nothing of her doings.
“You know Rose,” Mindi said vaguely. “You are only twelve, and are probably better than every sailor out there, except for me of course. Do you ever plan on using your lovely gifts?” Rose froze. Did her aunt Mindi know? She couldn’t know! Luckily, Rose was saved.
Fredrick Rover was almost bald, left with few ugly gray hairs on the top of his head, and many bumps. He always had a frown on his face, and many warts all over hit. Fredrick Rover always wore mucky brown clothes, which appeared to never be washed. There is a baggy shirt, which used to be white and now was a light brown, a size-too-small pair of trousers, and a size-too-big pair of boots, which laces never seemed to tie. He walked into Mindi’s house, looking as hateful as ever.
“Mindi,” He grumbled. “That niece of yours was helping me tie my sail back up with some of your fancy knots when she just ran off somewhere. I suggest, no I order, that you either put her in school, or train her!” Now Mindi had been in charge for the last thirty years, and did not take well to being told what to do. She especially hated it when someone as nasty as Fredrick Rover tried to take charge.
“Well excuse me,” Mindi snapped at him, throwing the sail that she was patching. She stood up, and confronted him, matching his frown. “It just so happens Rose is my employee, not yours. I will tell her what to do, and. And you will not give any of your silly opinions. She is doing a fine job. If she left, it was because of something important Mr. Rover. I have plenty of other employees who have nothing to do, and would be happy to help you out. Now get out of my house, and don’t come back until you have learned some respect.” Fredrick Rover gave Mindi one final glare before stomping out, anger trailing behind him.
Rose shifted in her chair uncomfortably. “Um… I see you are done with that sail. Here is the… Uh tip… I better get going; I have a lot of work to do.” Rose fished a copper coin out of her pocket, and held it out to Mindi with her right hand, while she picked up the sail in her left.
“That’s okay Rose,” Mindi sighed. “You go ahead and keep it. You know, as much as I hate to admit it, Mr. Rover was almost right. You shouldn’t run away from someone you are helping Rose.” Mindi sighed at Rose. Rose had bushy hair that never seemed to grow, just like Mindi did. Other than that, Mindi and Rose were nothing alike. Rose had extremely dark skin and black hair, just like her mother. Mindi’s hair was light brown hair, and white skin, with a thin tan from being outside so often. Rose was small, and Mindi was a stout women. Still, Mindi thought of them as the same.
“Rose,” Mindi said. “Before you go, I need to ask you a question. I am thinking of hiring someone part time to patch sails for me. I would pay them for their time if they didn’t get much money from tips. What do you think?”
“Oh I don’t know Mindi,” Rose said thoughtfully. “It would be nice to have someone new around here, but would it really be worth the money?” Mindi shifted in her chair, then stood up and started pacing.
“I waste a lot of time sitting in here patching.”
“That is true. You could get a lot done in the time you spend patching. Also, the tips pay pretty well, especially if the job is just part time. I think you should do it Aunt Mindi. It would be worth it.”
“Thank you, Rose,” Mindi said, opening a green drawer. “You may go now.” Rose slipped out with her sail, while Mindi pulled a piece of parchment out of her drawer. She got out a bottle of ink, and a fresh quill. Then Mindi sat down, and started writing an advertisement.

A Sail Patcher Needed

If interested, please come see Mindi Parr at the stone cottage at the port. If not there, please find Rose Parr and speak to her about the job.

Only part time, working a few hours a day
Money received from tips, or from Mindi Parr
If interested or want more information, you know where to go.

If full time job is wanted, the housing will be negotiated

Mindi thought the advertisement was a little witty, but helped to show who they were dealing with, and gave people just enough information to be interested, and accept. She blew on the paper to dry the ink, and went to find her cap. Mindi was going out, and needed to look suitable. She straightened her clothes, and retied her boots. Mindi found her cap, and brushed it off before setting it on her bead. She scrubbed her face off, and slipped a bag of coins into her pocket.
Finally ready, Mindi set out. She quickly walked out of the cottage, and took a big whiff of the sea. As she walked along the port, she looked at all the boats and sailors like an artist might look at their masterpiece. When leaving the port, Mindi concentrated on the smell of the sea until the hustle and bustle of Seaside swept her mind away. Mindi looked in awe at all the wonderful things for sell. She quickly bought four pastries, one for her, one for Rose, one for the owner of the shop she was heading for, and one the person who came to take the job, if the came today. The pastries were filled with cherries, and were warm.
The Mindi smelled something that was so sweet and fresh, she couldn’t resist. She bought twelve spiked fruit, and a knife to peel the peel off. Quickly Mindi finished off her pastry, and started peeling her spiked fruit.
On her way to her destination, Mindi bought a new hat, some seeds for flowers, a new book, some parchment and a bottle of ink, a quill, and a gift for Rose. When Mindi finally reached The Scribe’s Emporium, her hands were filled with items. She used her hips to push the swinging door open. The owner of The Scribe’s Emporium, Chief Scribe Dolly, rushed over and helped Mindi with her Leaning Tower of Mindi’s Idea of Priceless Items.
“Miss Parr!” C.S. Dolly cried out, pulling some items from the top of the pile. “Let me help you with these! Go ahead and set them down in that chair… There you go! Whew! Now what may I help you with Miss Parr?”
“Oh yes Dolly!” Mindi smiled out, and handed her the paper. “I was wondering if you would mind hanging this in your window. Would you mind too much? It is small, and will only be up there for a few days. I mean, everybody wants a job at the port!” Mindi tried to smile pleasantly, but failed miserably.
“Anything for you Miss Parr!” C.S. Dolly said happily. She went over to her window full with papers, and moved some aside before tacking up Mindi’s advertisement. “Anything else you need Miss Parr?”
“No thank you Dolly, I must return back to the port. Duty calls as always. You know what I mean.”
“A little too well Miss Parr, but never mind that. Oh, you came up here just to hang that advertisement, didn’t you? Oh, you do make a big thing out of every little thing don’t you? Just look at that pile there! It is a good thing my emporium isn’t any farther away from the port, or who knows how big you pile would have been! Well you sure know how to make everything fun!”
“And you sure do know how to talk Dolly, don’t you?” Mindi interrupted. “Now before you get on a roll, I better get out of here! I hate to leave my port for longer than I need to. I have been the caretaker for the last thirty years, and I have never left it for more than three hours since then. I guess you could say I formed a sort of attachment to it… I mean, it isn’t really my port, but it sure feels that way sometimes. I am sure you feel that way with your emporium.”
“Oh Miss Parr,” C.S. Dolly laughed pleasantly. “I have to say, you talk just as much as I do! And yes, I guess you could say that in the last ten years of owning this place, though that time doesn’t even begin to compare to how long you have been caretaker of the port, I have started to form an attachment here. I don’t leave my emporium, haven’t been on vacation for a long while. I guess I work too much, but I enjoy my job a little too much, you know? It is my emporium, since I own it, but I actually feel like I am the caretaker of it, watching over it like you would watch over a dog. I feel as if I am just cuddling this place, and caring for it to the best of my ability, until my life is order, and someone else takes on where I left off. I am kind of preparing it for the next owner.”
Mindi seemed to have forgotten all about being urgent to leave. “I disagree; I do not talk as much as you do. Anyway, I don’t believe anyone could care and cuddle the Port like I do Dolly. I think it would be silly to watch anyone try. I can’t imagine dying, and leaving the Port to somebody else. I am too attached. The Port has left the pet stage, and wandered into the part-of-me stage. No one will ever be able to do what I do with the port. Either I will live forever, of the Port will die along with me. Just wait ‘til you have been caring for the emporium for thirty years, than things will begin to change, there is certainly no doubt about that. Just wait Dolly; just wait until you are old and a little insane like me.”
“Miss Parr,” Dolly giggled like a little girl. “I don’t think I will ever be as insane as you are, and I don’t believe I will act as young as you do. You make me laugh Miss Parr. I adore your port. My entire life you have been caretaker, for your father died just before my birth. I think if something were to happen to you, the port would die. No one can do what you have done Miss Parr. Oh, we are getting way ahead of ourselves! I feel silly talking like this, but it is just so much fun Miss Parr! Please come and visit my emporium as often as possible!”
“I would be delighted to come more often Dolly!” Mindi said, also giggling like a little girl. “We are both pretty insane, no doubt about that. Now I must go Dolly. Please, come visit me as often as you feel inclined to leave your emporium. Rose and I get a little lonely in the port, which might just be the reason why I am hiring a new employee. I have a feeling we will be great friends Dolly. I must go now, for I miss my Port already! Oh, and Dolly, please call my Mindi! Miss Parr just reminds me that I am not married, and will never be.”
“Oh, you speak for both of us Mi-Mindi,” Dolly smiled. “You are already my best friend! Well bye now, and maybe someday we will meet some dashing brothers who never married because the right girl never came along! But here we are, the perfects old ladies! Well, we still have half of our lives ahead of us! I’ll come by during lunch tomorrow, and maybe buy you something on that way, for you seem to like everything! Oh and take the bag Mindi, it will help you carry that tower of items back home. I’ll take it home with me tomorrow! And here is the final goodbye: GOODBYE!”

Chapter Two
A Family of Twelve

“Goodbye Chief!” Lewis Parr said to Chief Scribe Dolly Matthews. “I am going to head home now!” Lewis Parr was a striking man with dark, yet not too dark, skin and dark brown hair that covered one eye. Lewis was the son of Lexington and Reea Parr, the third of ten children. Since he was twelve, Lewis had been a scribe for Dolly Matthews, who now enjoyed him dearly.
“Oh wait Lewis!” C.S. Dolly cried out, and rushed over to him. C.S. Dolly’s hair was short, and blonde. Her hair naturally curled up into lovely ringlets. Lewis found it exciting to talk to her, or rather listen to her, for she talked so much.
Dolly always had two large brown bags with her, but for some reason she now only had one, and seemed to hold everything in them. C.S. Dolly pulled out a book out of her bag. “My new friend left this behind, and I thought you could read it tonight, and return it to me when you come into work tomorrow morning. You are such a fast reader, and this book is a challenging one. Think you would be able to finish it in just one night?”
“I could give is a shot Chief,” Lewis smiled. He took the book from her. It was a red book, and had a picture of a ship on front. The ship had pirates on it, and the captain pirate was in the front, staring down at the sea. “Two things Chief. One, it doesn’t have a title, which is weird. And two, the pirate is looking at the sea, as if the sea was his. Wow am I excited to read this!”
“Lewis, you are always making lists!” C.S. Dolly exclaimed. “But you are right about both things. I’ll make a list of comments to you list. One, you can go ahead and make up a title once you have read it! Two, the pirate is looking at the sea like that. I am surprised you caught that, with that pirate being so little. You will have to tell me how you like the book. Maybe I can borrow it from my friend once finish it. Oh and how is your novel coming along? My friend also writes, you know.”
“Here is another list, Chief,” Lewis said. “One, are you sure your friend will be fine with me reading this? Two, my novel is coming along great. Would you like to read it so far? I am almost to page two hundred. And three, this new friend of yours, is it Mindi Parr, my aunt? I saw her come here earlier, and you had a nice and long conversation with her, if I am correct. She is a fun person, just like you Chief. Your turn for a list.”
“Oh Mindi won’t mind,” Dolly laughed, just for the sake of laughing. “She is like that. And yes, I would love to read it. And you already know the answer to your last question. Well the emporium is closed now, and I am off duty. So scat boy. I am no longer chief, and when I am not the chief, I cannot do what the chief does. So I cannot deal with such a smart and cunning boy like you. Dolly is off to dinner, and you better get going or your family will have finished off all the food you are having for dinner. Goodness, I do talk a lot!”
Dolly, who was no longer C.S. Dolly, and Lewis walked out the door and went their separate ways. It was raining, and people were running into buildings, trying to get out of the rain. Lewis sighed when he recognized a small boy walking down the street. The small boy’s skin was extremely dark, along with his hair. He wore tan overalls and a brown shirt. He had galoshes on, so his pants were getting wet. A black umbrella was held just above the boy’s small head.
“Larin,” Lewis said, sweeping the little boy up into his arms. “Your pants are getting soaked! Mother will not be very happy. Let’s go home, it is nearly time for dinner, and I have gotten a new book.
“Of course you have Lewis,” Larin grumbled to his brother, and struggled to get out of Lewis’s grasp. “Now, I am on my way to go get Rose and bring her home. She has been gone way too long, and is due to come back. Mother would be overjoyed, and I wouldn’t mind missing dinner. Rose is reading a lovely book to me right now. You don’t read to me.
“Larin, two things,” Lewis said sternly.
“Another list of course,” Larin grumbled. You are always making those silly lists. And here come another one.”
“One, Rose has only been gone two days! She will be back in just three. You can wait that long, I know you can.” Lewis gave a half smile as he paused to take a breath. Larin took this opportunity to speak.
“Rose can come home right now if I want her too!” Larin cried out. “I am tired of our silly aunt keeping her at the Port! Rose doesn’t even like it there! She is being forced to stay there! I will relieve her from that torture.”
“Now I have a third thing. On to number two. I would love to read to you, I just do not have the time Larin. I only have a night to read this, but I promise to read to you tomorrow. I will be out of books by then.”
“Oh, you’ll just have another excuse. Like maybe you will need to work on your ‘novel’. You always have an excuse. You know it has been two years since you have read to me?”
“I didn’t realize it had been that long… Okay third thing! Rose loves her job! She loves the sea! I beg you not to ruin that for her! She will be the next caretaker of the Port, and she is excited. Now I am done with my list. How about we wander on home now. Mother said she was going to make some warm soup. I adore warm soup, it is delicious.”
The brothers walked home in the rain, an umbrella over their heads. Finally they reached the large castle. The Parr’s loved being in charge of different things, and Lexington Parr had taken charge of the castle bridge. It was his job to raise it and lower it, and to keep bad things out, and good things in. He had had that job for twenty years now. He adored it, and though of himself as a very important man.
The twelve Parr’s lived in the two towers on either side of the drawbridge. A hallway over the top of the bridge connected the two towers. In one tower were all the bedrooms and the other was where the kitchen and other household rooms were. That was the right tower.
The brothers entered the right tower, and walked up the spiral staircase to the kitchen. There one lady, one man, and seven boys sat around one large wooden table. Many bowls of food were on top of the table.
“Larin and Lewis,” Mrs. Parr smiled. “Please boys, sit down. I made lamb stew and rolls. Also, there are some cooked vegetable and chunks of spiked fruit on the table. Take as much as you want, we have already taken as much as we want.”
“So Lewis,” Mr. Parr asked once the boys had sat down. “How is your novel coming along? My sister came by after visiting the emporium where you work. She said she didn’t notice you. You are usually in the front working. Mindi has a sharp eye, and would have noticed if you where there.”
“I have reached page 187,” Lewis said proudly. “And today I was doing work is the vault for Chief Matthews. I enjoy working down there. It is pleasantly cool and the ghost down there is quite friendly. He is Chief Matthew’s father, the old Chief Matthew. Talks more than his daughter does, and is definitely much more interesting, let me tell you. I had a great time today thank you father.” Mr. Parr nodded.
“I enjoy speaking with Dolly,” Mr. Parr said. “Now Layne, Lenard, Lewis, Logan, Leo, Lamar, Larin, Laeth and Laden, are you all enjoying this meal?” The boy nodded in unison. Then, slowly, Leo picked up a roll and threw it at Logan. As always, a food fight started, using only leftovers of course. Lewis slunk down until he was under the table. Even with all the shouting going on, Lewis was able to read his new book, and was enjoying it shortly.
“You know,” Mrs. Parr shouted over the noise. “I think I am going to put an end to these food fights. I want some order in this house! This is probably why my dear Rose got scared off! She had always seemed too comfortable around her brothers until they started getting pretty rowdy. Our family doesn’t feel whole now, and it is because of… This.”
“I have to agree with you,” Mr. Parr commented, also shouting. “BOYS! THESE FOOD FIGHTS ARE ENDING TONIGHT! EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WILL GO TO BED RIGHT NOW! ANYONE WHO THROWS FOOD TOMORROW WILL SKIP THE NEXT MEAL! NOW OFF TO BED WITH ALL OF YOU, GO ON RIGHT NOW!”
The boys all put down the food, and trudged off to bed. All the boys, except for Lewis, who stayed under the table until he had finished his brand new book.

Chapter 3
A New Employee

Bella Peary had worked the Peary’s Pie Shoppe for as long as she could remember. It was a popular place, just a bit off of the Port. She made delicious pies and appetizing drinks, and was famous for every one of them; except for one of them, that is. The Heavenly Chocolate Pie one was created by a former employee, Murry Watson. Murry had not worked at the pie shop for some weeks now, though he still enjoyed visiting it. He came often, such as that day.
Murry sat by a window, gazing out at the cold, damp morning. The world looked so sad from the pie shop window, especially from this extremely clear one. People bustled up and down the streets, and horse-drawn carriages made the water splash everywhere. It reminded Murry of his life. His sad, sad life.
Murry had worked at the Peary Pie Shoppe for six months. Before that, he had spent two and a half years working for a cruel master, Master Lens. He worked there until one day, when Master Lens had had it with Murry, and thrown him out the door. Murry could not remember much before that, mostly because he didn’t want to. Something told him not to, something deep inside him. The only thing Murry remembered was way back, when he had a mother, a father, and a little sister. They had all lived together, with a big black dog called Benji. They were a happy family, with enough money. Murry did not want to know what happened to those happy times. It pained him to even think of remembering.
Murry had no home, so slept in the Peary’s Pie Shoppe most evenings, unless Bella found him and kicked him out. “You don’t work here anymore you rat,” Is what she would always say, while smacking him with a broom, like he really was a rat. But Murry was always near the pie shop, often sleeping right outside the shop, feeling the warmth from inside on him. When it was time for the shop to open, Murry came in, whether Bella had opened or not. Murry had learned many tricks about the shop while he had been working there.
Bella came out from behind the counter, and sighed angrily when she saw Murry standing there, staring outside. “You don’t enjoy being outside, yet you seem to be fascinated with the outdoors.” Bella said, surprising Murry, who jumped.
“Yes ma’am,” Murry said politely. “How are you today, Mrs. Peary? Have you any job offers for me lately? I would really love for my job back. You know, I kind of miss the pies.”
“Oh don’t play with me Murry,” Bella snapped. “You quit, and I am not hiring you again. Anyways, you would accept any job offered to you. I am going out. You may have a piece of pie, but you will have to leave the money on the counter. I know when a piece of my pie has gone missing, so don’t even try it. I’ll check by the Scribe’s Emporium later today, and hopefully there will be some job offers. I want you out of here. See you later Murry. Oh, and I am not opening the shop today, it is definitely way too cold and miserable. Good luck.” Bella opened the door, and locked it behind her. Murry watched her until she was out of sight.

Mindi Parr was setting up her table with items for tea. She put sugar, and milk out. The tea was on the stove, and little cookies were set out everywhere. The teapot had just started whistling when Dolly Matthews arrived. She carried Mindi’s book, which didn’t look as new anymore.
“I let your nephew read this,” Dolly smiled, handing Mindi the book. Mindi took the book like you might take a baby. Dolly set on the table a pie. It was an old one, since Peary’s Pie Shop happened to be closed, due to the weather. The pie was just a regular apple one, and a small one at that.
“I am sure Lewis adored it,” Mindi grinned. She knew only one of her nephews who would enjoy reading so much. “Now Dolly, please sit down. I made some special food for our tea. The sugar just came in from across the sea. The milk just came out of the cow this very morning. The cookies just came out of the oven, and all the items in them are fresh. Here is the tea, help yourself. Oh, and I have some cream custards in the oven right this very moment. I have about an hour to talk before I must leave you, my dear friend.”
“Oh that is fine,” Dolly said, and took plenty of cookies. “I must leave in a half hour anyway. Now, I am curious to understand the basics of how you run the Port, and keep it in so much order. As much as I enjoy talking, oh these cookies are delicious! I believe it is your turn to do the most of it. Oh your custards are done! Please, I will go and grab them!”
“Well, I have many workers,” Mindi said, suddenly being extremely serious. “Too many jobs for me to go through all of them, so I will leave it at that. Anyway, to have permanent spot in the Port you must buy it and you can sell it later. There are free spots, but those can only be used by the same person once a week. Then, there is a place for foreigners to bring their goods. I have many people who help unload items, and workers whose only job is to go help people out at sea. If you are caught littering you are banned from the Port…” Mindi went on talking for the rest of the half hour, Dolly throwing in comments here and there.

Murry was baking a pie when Bella returned. He quickly put the bowl full with the ingredients under the counter, and went to sit in a booth seat. Bella knew what he was up to, but ignored it. Murry could tell right when she came in that she was extremely happy about something. This bothered Murry a bit, but also got him excited.
“Murry!” Bella cried out. She rushed up to him, and stuffed a paper in his face. “I have a job advertisement for you! Oh, it is down at the Port! Please, get down there as soon as you can! Please, don’t even pause to say anything just get going.” Murry read through the paper. Did he really want this silly job? Well, it was a little better than sitting in a pie shop with no money.
“Bella,” Murry said slowly. “Are you sure you don’t want to hire me? Do you really want Mindi to steal me from you?” Bella’s face turned bright red and started swatting Murry with a broom. Murry rushed out the door, and into the cold afternoon. He started running down the street, toward the Port.

Mindi had been sweeping crumbs off the floor when Murry rushed into the cottage. You can believe me when I say she was surprised to see a blond haired boy dressed from head to toe with what seemed like dirt, though it really was just clothes which had had no washing for weeks. Mindi’s first thought was that the Dirt Monster was real, and had come to punish her for not keeping her house clean enough, and was surprised to find out it was a boy.
“Miss Parr,” Murry said, a little rudely. “I am here for the job. I would like a full time job. That little Rose of yours could teach me anything I need to know, and I already know how to sew. So how about it?”
“First of all,” Mindi snapped. “You will call me Mindi, never Miss Parr. And if you want the job, you better learn to show a little respect. I would hire most people on the spot. But for you, you will work for free for one week, and then we will see. You start tomorrow.”
“You will pay me half or no deal,” Murry said, and folded his arms. “I need the money, and am not going to work for free.”
“You will work for free,” Mindi said. “I know who you are. You are the homeless pie boy. You’ll have a place to sleep and meals while you are working for free. Now I do not want to see you ‘til tonight. You give me a headache, and I cannot handle a headache today. I’ll make you a bed by Rose’s.”
“I’ll be back tonight then,” Murry said, suddenly dazed.

Ip urged Maxe forward. They had been riding for three days now! Both worn to the bone, they were making very little progress. “Maxie…” Ip croaked through his dry lips. He hadn’t had anything to drink all day now, and the desert was making him very thirsty. “We got to keep moving… Before Master catches us… We cannot go back! We are almost there… Please…” Ip couldn’t speak anymore, it took too much energy. The desert was hurting him. He started to slip off Maxe, and was barely able to hold himself up.
Ip had lived his entire life with Master Lens, who was The Master of Heat. Master Lens had always lived in the desert, because of its extreme temperatures, which allowed him to use his great power. Master Lens had taught Ip much, and Ip wanted to learn more. If Master Lens hadn’t been to cruel, curiosity would have kept him there. For some reason, the small boy thirsted for power. He had stolen Master Lens’ books so he could continue studying. Never had any boy wanted anything so much. Yet Master Lens had been the same.
As a boy, Master Lens had wanted power more than he had wanted life. To show his devotion, Master Lens had committed some horrible crimes, and his master had accepted him. Now Master Lens had lived for a hundred years, and his lifetime was coming to an end. A master can only live to a hundred years after they become master, or if they thirst for live now more than power, they can give up their power, and live for much, much longer.
acruisie
acruisie
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

The Castle of Seaside Port PLEASE READ AND COMMENT! Siggy

Please click my adopts!

Female Posts : 136

Back to top Go down