The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Hunger Games - Page 4 Empty Re: The Hunger Games

Post by rattyjol 6/28/2010, 8:59 pm

Pensha; District Two: Pensha wolfed down her meal, loudly boasting through full mouthfuls about how she was going to crush her opponents and be home by next week. She either didn't know or didn't care that no one was listening to her.

Buzz; District Three: Buzz sat alone in his room, hunched over one of his little projects. He had smuggled it onto the train in his pocket, but he knew he'd have to give it up before entering the arena. Blue sparks flashed at the place where the wire ends touched and he quickly pulled them apart, not wanting to burn anything in this place, even if it did all belong to the Capitol. He'd been raised better than that. He held back the tears that constantly threatened to overflow, knowing that water and electricity didn't mix. It was one of the hardest things he'd ever done.

Cray; District Four: Cray closely examined an unfamiliar dish that had been set in front of him. It smelled remarkable, but looked disgusting. It was obviously a fancy, expensive Capitol dish, and he'd never seen anything like it. Not bothering with any sort of table manners, he dipped an experimental finger in the grayish sludge and stuck it in his mouth, tasting the dish. He blinked, a rainbow of flavors passing over his tongue. Most of them he didn't even have a name for. It was delicious. He eagerly reached for a spoon, wanting more.

Gaia; District Five: Gaia sadly fingered the small potted plant she had brought as her token. It was a last gift from her family, pressed into her hands as they were pulled away from her inside the Justice Building. Tears welled up in her eyes as she pictured the scene again in her mind, all too vividly. She let them flow, splashing down onto the plant still clutched tightly to her chest. You will be a plant of sorrow, she thought poetically. Tears of death will be your source of life.

Lark; District Nine: Crash!

"Take me home!" Lark screamed, picking up another glass vase to throw at her mentor across the room. "Take me home now! My father is the mayor of District Nine and I want off this train this instant!"

Barley; District Eleven: Barely lay sprawled out on his bed. The plush mattress was more comfortable than anything back home in District Eleven. He didn't care. He wanted out of this. He didn't want to die.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 6/29/2010, 2:53 pm

The Hunger Games - Page 4 HungerGames
Imagine a futuristic North America destroyed by earthquakes,
hurricanes, and floods. Only the mainland would survive, and
only survive on the little materials left from the devastation.
The kids are now breadwinners, workers, or (if lucky), the ones
who live in luxury, near the capitol of the remaining country
that we now call “Panem.”

Many don’t live that long.

Twenty-three 12-18 year olds will die certainly in one year,
and only because of one competition that forces them to
fight against each other to survive. Only one can make it
to the end, gaining lifelong honor, and food for their city
and themselves. Only one will be able to see their family again.

LILLIAN, District 1
The water was cold on her shoulders, but Lillian didn't care. As long as she got to remember what had happened, to make sure she could win, it didn't matter to her. She forced herself what had happened.

ROWAN, District 3
Sipping her coffee, Rowan could hear a great amount of sparks coming from what sounded like next door. She opened her door and then closed it, then knocked on Buzz's door, wondering what he was doing.

JOHNNY, District 5
Johnny didn't care about all of this.
He sighed and sat down on the bed, imagining he was back home, until he almost was. But then he could hear the sobbing from next door, and he knew he wasn't.

SKY, District 6
He sighed and took a little of the bubbling mixture, placing it onto his plate. He took a small bite and almost retched. It was discusting!

DAKOTA, District 7
She sighed and stood up, scraping the chair back under the table. "I'm going," she stated and walked surprisingly gracefully out of the room.

XAVIER, District 12
"Hey, you," he called to the Knox. "Sort this wierdo out, will you?"
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 6/29/2010, 6:21 pm

Only one shall live…

Harog Crow; District 2
Harog Crow lounged on his bed, excited about the golden opportunity that the Hunger Games brought him. He began plotting how he was going to defeat all of the other scrawny tributes, instead of bawling like a weakling about his past. Harog didn’t need to; he knew he was going to win. Killing the other tributes would be easy, and fun. It was in his nature. His mother had predicted this by naming him “Harog,” which she had said meant “kill” in some ancient language.
Imagining a spear piercing another tribute in combat, he smiled to himself.

Ondine Fermanagh; District 4
Finnick Odair, Ondine’s hero, stood in front of her, studying her carefully. “Well, you seem capable enough for the arena,” he stated in his beautiful voice. His face was in hers. “You’re pretty enough to win over some sponsors, that’s for sure.” Ondine blushed at his comment.
“Are you good at anything?” he asked softly. “You ought to be, coming from District 4 and all.” Finnick played with a piece of her bright red hair.
“Well, I can swim sufficiently. I absolutely love the water, and everything about it. I can fish and create hooks. When I fish, I use nets, knives and such, so I’ve mastered weapons like those.” Pulling her hair loose from his hand, Ondine slowly backed away.
“That’s helpful, though not uncommon for a child from our District. You’re going to have to prove to me that you’re skillful enough to survive, Ondine Fermanagh.”

Hermes Silver; District 9
Playing with his fork and spoon at the dinner table, Hermes Silver imagined being back in the forges of his District. As difficult as the work was, it couldn’t possibly be harder than the Hunger Games. He had no idea how he was going to make it.
And he was absolutely terrified.

Shore Evergreen; District 10
Shore cut through the juicy meat on his plate with his sharp knife, as many of those in his District did for a living.
“What type of meat is this?” he inquired the Capitol member accompanying Shore on his journey.
The lady shrugged. “Possibly ox meat,” she informed in her silly Capitol accent. “It’s all the rage in the Capitol.”
“Oh,” he said. Shore loved oxen. They were his favorite animals in the enormous barn at home.
He began nibbling on a chicken leg instead.

Magnolia Landen; District 11
Magnolia floated into the train’s dining room, taking in her surroundings and the heaps of food on the table that was for her. Delighted, she plopped onto her plush chair, feeling like a queen. Finally, Magnolia thought, I can actually eat the food in front of me without getting in trouble with Peacekeepers. Maybe this isn’t so bad, after all. She reached her thin arm out, shoveling boiled potatoes and unfamiliar foods on her plate. As Magnolia turned to take a look at the fancy dishes on her left, she noticed a bowl of apple sauce.
Memories flooded her brain, like the shower head she had discovered in her bathroom. She was lost in the branches of the beautifully scented apple trees from her District, plucking red rubies from their limbs. She was chanting songs with her family and her friends, the mockingjays. She was hopping from tree to tree, branch to branch, flying with the birds. She was home.
And how much she wanted to be there in reality.

Lily Birch; District 12
“This is delicious!” Lily exclaimed, stuffing food into her mouth. Everything she had encountered so far had left her in awe. The shower, which was accompanied with a large panel of buttons offering an enormous array of soaps, bubbles, foams, and scented oils, was nothing in comparison to this Panem-sized meal. She had never seen so much food in one place, possibly her entire life span.
Worries of brutally dying in the arena at the hands of another tribute vanished as she examined all of the dishes. Maybe her empty stomach would finally be full.
If she and her family of six had had this food to start with, she wouldn’t have had to sign up for so many tesserae.
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/29/2010, 9:49 pm

ROWAN, District 3
Sipping her coffee, Rowan could hear a great amount of sparks coming from what sounded like next door. She opened her door and then closed it, then knocked on Buzz's door, wondering what he was doing.

Buzz; District Three: "Yes?" Buzz called softly, cutting the power flow to his project and wrapping it up in a thin rag, tucking in under his pillow. "What is it?" Now that the electricity was off, he wasn't sure how much longer he could hold back his tears.

JOHNNY, District 5
Johnny didn't care about all of this.
He sighed and sat down on the bed, imagining he was back home, until he almost was. But then he could hear the sobbing from next door, and he knew he wasn't.

Gaia; District Five: Gaia continued to sob, her shoulders shaking as she clutched her little potted plant to her chest and hunched over it. She didn't care if there were cameras in her room; she didn't care if the entire Capitol was watching her cry on their TV sets right then. She wouldn't have cared if President Snow himself had walked in right then and told her to stop crying. She wanted to cry, and she wouldn't stop.

Harog Crow; District 2

Harog Crow lounged on his bed, excited about the golden opportunity that the Hunger Games brought him. He began plotting how he was going to defeat all of the other scrawny tributes, instead of bawling like a weakling about his past. Harog didn’t need to; he knew he was going to win. Killing the other tributes would be easy, and fun. It was in his nature. His mother had predicted this by naming him “Harog,” which she had said meant “kill” in some ancient language.
Imagining a spear piercing another tribute in combat, he smiled to himself.

Pensha; District Two: Pensha slammed her wine glass down on the table and got up, slightly drunk, swaggering confidently towards her room. She would have to pass her fellow tribute's room on the way there. Maybe she should stop and let him know what was coming for him.

Finnick Odair, Ondine’s hero, stood in front of her, studying her carefully. “Well, you seem capable enough for the arena,” he stated in his beautiful voice. His face was in hers. “You’re pretty enough to win over some sponsors, that’s for sure.” Ondine blushed at his comment.
“Are you good at anything?” he asked softly. “You ought to be, coming from District 4 and all.” Finnick played with a piece of her bright red hair.
“Well, I can swim sufficiently. I absolutely love the water, and everything about it. I can fish and create hooks. When I fish, I use nets, knives and such, so I’ve mastered weapons like those.” Pulling her hair loose from his hand, Ondine slowly backed away.
“That’s helpful, though not uncommon for a child from our District. You’re going to have to prove to me that you’re skillful enough to survive, Ondine Fermanagh.”

Cray; District Four: Cray kept his eyes on his plate, pretending to still be interested in his food. Despite his size, he was quiet, and often seemed to be passed over as if invisible. He wasn't sure if Finnick and Ondine didn't notice that he was there, or if they just didn't know that he was close enough to hear him, or maybe they simply didn't care. Either way, he was going to use it to his advantage. He listened closely, committing their words to memory.

Playing with his fork and spoon at the dinner table, Hermes Silver imagined being back in the forges of his District. As difficult as the work was, it couldn’t possibly be harder than the Hunger Games. He had no idea how he was going to make it.
And he was absolutely terrified.

Lark; District Nine: "Take me home!" Lark repeated loudly, as if they hadn't heard her. "Right. This. Instant!" She threw another glass vase, fuming. Yes, she was a spoiled brat, thank you very much, and a proud one, at that.

Magnolia floated into the train’s dining room, taking in her surroundings and the heaps of food on the table that was for her. Delighted, she plopped onto her plush chair, feeling like a queen. Finally, Magnolia thought, I can actually eat the food in front of me without getting in trouble with Peacekeepers. Maybe this isn’t so bad, after all. She reached her thin arm out, shoveling boiled potatoes and unfamiliar foods on her plate. As Magnolia turned to take a look at the fancy dishes on her left, she noticed a bowl of apple sauce.
Memories flooded her brain, like the shower head she had discovered in her bathroom. She was lost in the branches of the beautifully scented apple trees from her District, plucking red rubies from their limbs. She was chanting songs with her family and her friends, the mockingjays. She was hopping from tree to tree, branch to branch, flying with the birds. She was home.
And how much she wanted to be there in reality.

Barley; District Eleven: Too restless to sit still, Barley got up and left his room, wandering aimlessly around the halls. Most of the rooms were locked, though, and he quickly ran out of things to explore.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 6/30/2010, 2:59 pm

The Hunger Games - Page 4 HungerGames
Imagine a futuristic North America destroyed by earthquakes,
hurricanes, and floods. Only the mainland would survive, and
only survive on the little materials left from the devastation.
The kids are now breadwinners, workers, or (if lucky), the ones
who live in luxury, near the capitol of the remaining country
that we now call “Panem.”

Many don’t live that long.

Twenty-three 12-18 year olds will die certainly in one year,
and only because of one competition that forces them to
fight against each other to survive. Only one can make it
to the end, gaining lifelong honor, and food for their city
and themselves. Only one will be able to see their family again.

LILLIAN, District 1
Her parents had forced her to enter these stupid games, when they were rick and had EVERYTHING. And then she had won, even when she was useless, and she knew it.
Silent tears dripped down her face and joined the water falling into the gutter.

Buzz; District Three: "Yes?" Buzz called softly, cutting the power flow to his project and wrapping it up in a thin rag, tucking in under his pillow. "What is it?" Now that the electricity was off, he wasn't sure how much longer he could hold back his tears.
ROWAN, District 3
Nervous, Rowan took another sip of her drink. "Um...A-are you okay?"
She hadn't really known her opponent: was he a fearsome killer or a lonely boy? She couldn't tell.

JOHNNY, District 5
He stood up and sighed, then stomped out of his room, passed the sobbing and into the training room. There, he began to cry.

SKY, District 6
Almost enviously, he glanced at the Knox. Yes, his tongue was gone, but he was useful.

DAKOTA, District 7
Once free from the staring, Dakota almost ran to the window. They were getting closer to the Capitol every second of every minute, and were currently passing through what looked like a wasteland.

Lily Birch; District 12
“This is delicious!” Lily exclaimed, stuffing food into her mouth. Everything she had encountered so far had left her in awe. The shower, which was accompanied with a large panel of buttons offering an enormous array of soaps, bubbles, foams, and scented oils, was nothing in comparison to this Panem-sized meal. She had never seen so much food in one place, possibly her entire life span.
Worries of brutally dying in the arena at the hands of another tribute vanished as she examined all of the dishes. Maybe her empty stomach would finally be full.
If she and her family of six had had this food to start with, she wouldn’t have had to sign up for so many tesserae. [/font]
XAVIER, District 12
Xavier had no idea how the girl could be so oblivious to the fact that there was a, frankly, hairy old man rolling around on the floor, obviously in another world.
"Hey, you," he called to the girl, "help me out here!"
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by sweettee11 6/30/2010, 9:20 pm

((Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not posting but I've been out of the country since the 19th))
sweettee11
sweettee11
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2177

Back to top Go down

Post by sweettee11 6/30/2010, 9:50 pm

Duke, District 1

Duke walked onto the roof. He stared up at the sky and sighed.

Kania, District 6

Kania walked into the dining hall with her eyes narrowed. Why would they stuff you up with food, and then send you out to die? She frowned then sat onto chair.

Oak, District 7

Oak stared out the window blankly as his district disappeared. He hated leaving his family and friends. The Capital was getting closer and closer. And he was getting closer and closer to his death.

Callie, District 8

Callie glanced at her brother. What was the chance of them both being reaped? Obviously, not slim. She walked into the dining hall after her brother

Tate, District 8

Tate looked down at his sister as he walked into the dining hall. "We are in this together, don't forget that" he said.

Musa, District 10

Musa skipped into the dining hall, her red hair bouncing on her shoulders. She sat down and grabbed a soup. She stared at it before taking a cautious bite.
sweettee11
sweettee11
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/30/2010, 11:52 pm

MusicWritingLove wrote:
ROWAN, District 3
Nervous, Rowan took another sip of her drink. "Um...A-are you okay?"
She hadn't really known her opponent: was he a fearsome killer or a lonely boy? She couldn't tell.

JOHNNY, District 5
He stood up and sighed, then stomped out of his room, passed the sobbing and into the training room. There, he began to cry.

Buzz; District Three: "No," he replied bitterly, flopping backwards on his bed. He bit his lip; though she was on the other side of the door he really didn't want to cry while she was there. "Are you?" Although mildly irritated by her question, he had to admit he was slightly touched by her concern... No. He shouldn't be. He really, really shouldn't be. She was his enemy. He had to remember that. When it came right down to it, maybe he would have to be the one to kill her or be killed himself.

Gaia; District Five: After a while, Gaia managed to stem her tears, which didn't seem to even be beginning to run out. Still clutching her potted plant to her torso, she stumbled over to her private bathroom and ducked her head into the gleaming sink, washing the tears away with cold water. She wiped her face dry with a startlingly soft towel and very, very carefully set her plant down on a table before stepping out into the hall.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 7/1/2010, 2:41 pm

[right]Buzz; District Three: "No," he replied bitterly, flopping backwards on his bed. He bit his lip; though she was on the other side of the door he really didn't want to cry while she was there. "Are you?" Although mildly irritated by her question, he had to admit he was slightly touched by her concern... No. He shouldn't be. He really, really shouldn't be. She was his enemy. He had to remember that. When it came right down to it, maybe he would have to be the one to kill her or be killed himself.

ROWAN, District 3
"Er...well..." Rowan sighed. "Can I come in? I know we're meant to be enemies, but I can't hurt even an animal."
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/1/2010, 8:10 pm

Buzz; District Three: Why not? I have nothing to hide from her... Nothing she can see, anyway. The young tribute - probably one of the youngest in the Games, as he was still only twelve - made sure that his electrical project was completely hidden beneath his pillow. "Sure," he called indifferently. "Come in."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 7/1/2010, 9:01 pm

Only one shall live...

rattyjol wrote:
Pensha; District Two: Pensha slammed her wine glass down on the table and got up, slightly drunk, swaggering confidently towards her room. She would have to pass her fellow tribute's room on the way there. Maybe she should stop and let him know what was coming for him.

Harog Crow; District 2
Harog was lost in his bloody world, picturing the joy he would feel during the blood bath. Tributes begged him to have pity on them and to live. He didn't care. The only thing he cared about was the knife going through their bodies.

rattyjol wrote:
Cray; District Four: Cray kept his eyes on his plate, pretending to still be interested in his food. Despite his size, he was quiet, and often seemed to be passed over as if invisible. He wasn't sure if Finnick and Ondine didn't notice that he was there, or if they just didn't know that he was close enough to hear him, or maybe they simply didn't care. Either way, he was going to use it to his advantage. He listened closely, committing their words to memory.

"Fine," Ondine snapped. "I will." Her expression hard, she sat down at the large dining table and placed food on her plate without saying a word.

rattyjol wrote:
Lark; District Nine: "Take me home!" Lark repeated loudly, as if they hadn't heard her. "Right. This. Instant!" She threw another glass vase, fuming. Yes, she was a spoiled brat, thank you very much, and a proud one, at that.

Hermes's worrying was interrupted with distant shouts and shattering. "Excuse me," he said quietly, rising from the table. He walked out of the room in search of the commotion.

sweettee11 wrote:
Musa, District 10

Musa skipped into the dining hall, her red hair bouncing on her shoulders. She sat down and grabbed a soup. She stared at it before taking a cautious bite.

Shore watched as his fellow tribute cautiously ate her meal. "Is it poisoned?" he joked.

rattyjol wrote:
Barley; District Eleven: Too restless to sit still, Barley got up and left his room, wandering aimlessly around the halls. Most of the rooms were locked, though, and he quickly ran out of things to explore.

Depressed, Magnolia picked at the rest of her meal before eating it. "Don't play with your food," the Capitol escort reprimanded.

MusicWritingLove wrote:XAVIER, District 12
Xavier had no idea how the girl could be so oblivious to the fact that there was a, frankly, hairy old man rolling around on the floor, obviously in another world.
"Hey, you," he called to the girl, "help me out here!"

Lily Birch; District 12

Lily looked up. "Sorry!" she exclaimed, apologizing for her ignorance. Lily wasn't normally an ignorant person. She was starving after growing up in the Seam, and she was obviously going to take advantage of any food she was given.
Rushing over to help, she kneeled down on the floor next to the boy and Haymitch.

LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/1/2010, 9:14 pm

Pensha; District Two: Ignoring the common courtesy known as knocking, she shoved open the door to her fellow tribute's room, swaggering in. "Good luck," she said loudly, her voice slightly slurred from the wine she'd drunk. "You'll need it."

Cray; District Four: Cray still didn't look up. He continued to eat, though he wasn't really paying attention to the amazing variety of expensive dishes anymore. He silently repeated the girl tribute's words several times, carefully committing them to memory. They may prove useful in the arena.

Lark; District Nine: When everyone in the room continued to ignore her demands, even going so far as to avert their eyes as if ashamed to look at her, Lark stormed out angrily, making sure to knock over a fine pottery vase on her way out the door.

Barley; District Eleven: Though he wasn't particularly hungry - he hadn't been really hungry since before the reaping and his almost certain death sentence - he began to make his way to the dining hall, his hands in his pockets and his eyes downcast, fixed on the floor. He figured he might as well try to put on a few pounds from all the rich Capitol food before entering the arena. They were called the Hunger Games for a reason, after all.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 7/1/2010, 9:42 pm

Only one shall live...

Harog Crow; District 2
Harog snapped out of his reverie and hopped to his feet, glaring down at the drunk girl. "Oh, really?" he said coolly, shoving her. "Looks like you're going to need it more than I will."

Fuming, Ondine recalled Finnick's words. She was determined to prove to him that she was capable. No one was going to tell her she was worthless.

Hermes watched his District's other tribute storm away from a shattered clay vase. Knowing she was the source, he followed her.

"Sorry," Magnolia muttered. She placed a boiled potato in her mouth. Despite her misery, Magnolia was able to appreciate the wonderful taste.

LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by sweettee11 7/1/2010, 10:31 pm

LuckyPenny666 wrote:

Shore watched as his fellow tribute cautiously ate her meal. "Is it poisoned?" he joked.

Musa, District 10

"No, well, at least I hope not" said Musa acting like she was choking.
sweettee11
sweettee11
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 7/1/2010, 10:37 pm

Only one shall live...

Jumping to his feet, Shore pretended to look alarmed. "CPR!" he shouted. "Quick! Someone perform CPR!"
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by sweettee11 7/1/2010, 10:41 pm

Musa, District 10

Musa fell off her seat laughing with tears streaming down her face.
sweettee11
sweettee11
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/1/2010, 11:07 pm

LuckyPenny666 wrote:
Only one shall live...

Harog Crow; District 2
Harog snapped out of his reverie and hopped to his feet, glaring down at the drunk girl. "Oh, really?" he said coolly, shoving her. "Looks like you're going to need it more than I will."

Fuming, Ondine recalled Finnick's words. She was determined to prove to him that she was capable. No one was going to tell her she was worthless.

Hermes watched his District's other tribute storm away from a shattered clay vase. Knowing she was the source, he followed her.

"Sorry," Magnolia muttered. She placed a boiled potato in her mouth. Despite her misery, Magnolia was able to appreciate the wonderful taste.

Pensha; District Two: Pensha stumbled backwards a bit, struggling to regain her balance, which wasn't great even when she wasn't intoxicated. "You just made yourself an enemy," she pronounced rashly.

Cray; District Four: Cray snuck a glance at her. He could tell by her face that she was seething about Finnick's comments. After a moment's consideration, he quietly told her, "He's just trying to help you, you know."

Lark; District Nine: Lark whirled around angrily. "Stop following me!"

Barley; District Eleven: Barley slipped into the dining hall, trying not to call attention to himself as he sat down and pulled a plate towards himself.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 7/2/2010, 7:05 pm

Only one shall live...

Harog Crow; District 2

"That will make the Hunger Games even more fun," Harog stated with an evil smile. "Prepare to die, because you will not stand in my way."

"I know," Ondine sighed. "I just wish he could help in a way that did not require him to be in my face, making me feel worthless. It's almost impossible to win the Hunger Games without feeling at least a little bit confident."

Innocuously holding his hands up, Hermes said, "Sorry. I was only going to see if you are all right."

Trying not to laugh, Shore sat back down in his chair, pretending to look puzzled and relieved. "Sorry!" he shouted to anyone who might have heard his fake plee for help. "False alarm!"

As Magnolia sadly speared another potato with her fork, she noticed a bit of movement out of the corner of her eye.

Last edited by LuckyPenny666 on 7/2/2010, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by sweettee11 7/2/2010, 7:15 pm

Musa, District 10

Musa got back up. "Well, that certainly was fun" she said with a grin.
sweettee11
sweettee11
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/2/2010, 7:35 pm

Pensha; District Two: "Of course I won't," she assured him. "I'll stand behind you and stab you in the back."

Cray; District Four: Cray speared an unfamiliar piece of meat with his fork and examined it curiously before popping it into his mouth. "Maybe that's a way to prepare you as well," he commented once he'd chewed and swallowed, not looking at her. "After all, once you get into the arena, everyone else is just going to think you're a weak piece of trash too. They'll just want to get rid of you." With a sudden mood shift, he smirked at her. "After all, these are the Hunger Games. The less competition for food, the better, right?" He reached over and took a warm, fresh roll from the basket directly in front of her.

Lark; District Nine: "I won't be all right until I get out of here," Lark snarled angrily, her face twisted with rage. "I want to go home."

Barley; District Eleven: Barley reached for the nearest platter, the wonderful aromas drifting towards him and making him hungry despite his lasting horror at being picked for the Games. He spooned a good-sized portion onto his plate and tried to remember to use decent table manners as he quickly gulped it down. He'd never seen so much food in his life.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 7/3/2010, 6:30 pm

Only one shall live...

Harog Crow; District 2

"If I don't get to you first," Harog retorted.

"Anger is a good thing when it comes to the Hunger Games," Ondine replied. "It gives you a reason to fight back and to continue to try to live."

Hermes sighed. "I do, too," he admitted. "Almost everyone in the Games wants to. That doesn't mean we should wallow in self pity. There's nothing we can do about it except to try our hardest to survive in the arena."

"It was," Shore agreed. For a moment, he had forgotten all about the Hunger Games. It was like a dark storm cloud that was suddenly on top of him, when seconds before it had been at the edge of the horizon.

Magnolia watched as her fellow tribute devoured his food. She could relate to his hunger, as could almost everyone back in District 11.
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/3/2010, 6:45 pm

Pensha; District Two: "Yeah, right," she scoffed.

Cray; District Four: "Exactly," he agreed.

Lark; District Nine: "I am not wallowing in self-pity," Lark snapped. "Do you have any idea who my father is? I shouldn't be here."

Barley; District Eleven: He finished his portion in minutes and reached for the next platter.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 7/3/2010, 6:59 pm

Only one shall live...

Harog Crow; District 2

"Just you wait," he announced overconfidently.

"Well, it's not too hard to get angry in this situation," she said, rolling her green eyes.

"Yeah, I know," Hermes replied tiredly. "He's the mayor. But you're still a member of District 9, so you shouldn't be excused."

Magnolia's hunger overcame her misery, so she gobbled down the rest of her potatoes and reached for the apple sauce. She wanted to know if the Capitol version could possibly taste better than the apple sauce made back in District 11.
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/3/2010, 7:06 pm

(I have to go, can you post reminding me to reply after I log off?)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 7/3/2010, 7:11 pm

(Bye! Sure.

police Reply. police)