The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for MyBB!

4 posters

Go down

Idea for MyBB! Empty Idea for MyBB!

Post by Dark Fairytales 6/29/2010, 2:43 am

Hey, for MyBB, I have an idea! Is it possible to create blogs or threads with an Annonymous username? That way you can ask for advice in your life or on the website if you are two embarrased or something to reveal that it is yourself? Nothing inappropriate, of course, but just something you normally wouldn't ask your friends if they knew it was you or something? I know, bad idea, but just possibly?
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Idea for MyBB! DN41
Idea for MyBB! Cake
I was hungry =]

Female Posts : 2339

Back to top Go down

Idea for MyBB! Empty Re: Idea for MyBB!

Post by Arianna 6/29/2010, 6:22 am

Well, I'd like to say that this idea is possible. Here's the mod for MyBB - http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=151.

Okay, now on to my actual opinion... Well, I don't exactly like the idea. If you can't reveal something on here, then you probably shouldn't reveal it at all. The mods would be able to see who posted and so people who did mean things via anonymous would still be able to be punished, which means that it poses no real risk to the community. However, I have a feeling it'd possibly be abused.

Chances are, though, that'd I'd still be able to live with it installed. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Idea for MyBB! 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/29/2010, 8:38 am

Hmmm . . . Ari, is there a way to set this so that it could only be used in certain sections?

I think this would be cool to have, though I have to say I'm neutral about whether or not we put it in. XD Like, if the mods vote yes, that's fine by me, they vote no, that's fine by me too. I'm trying to consider it, though, and see what it'd really be used for. I mean, obviously the reason you stated, but what else would be possible, and what ways are possible for people to abuse it.

I don't see anything wrong with it right now, though, so. ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Idea for MyBB! 1312Idea for MyBB! 2412Idea for MyBB! 3349Idea for MyBB! 3548Idea for MyBB! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 6/29/2010, 2:25 pm

Well, my fear is actually that people would use it to abuse others annonymously. (Not saying this would happen, just an example) If Ari thought that maybe Shad was a bit annoying (Untrue, again just an example) she could use it to make fun of and/or abuse Shad. But, possibly, if you make it clear to members that although your name shows Annonymous, the mods can still know who posted that, then that would probably lessen them abusing it. You may have a few abusers at first, but once you make it clear, yes we know who posted it and you are now banned for x amount of time, not as much people would do so. Just my opinion =]
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Idea for MyBB! DN41
Idea for MyBB! Cake
I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/30/2010, 8:51 pm

Yes, that's something to worry about . . . but really, since we mods can see the original poster either way, I'd say the risk posed is no more than it is now when it all comes down to it. ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Idea for MyBB! 1312Idea for MyBB! 2412Idea for MyBB! 3349Idea for MyBB! 3548Idea for MyBB! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/1/2010, 6:46 am

shadowsowner888 wrote:Yes, that's something to worry about . . . but really, since we mods can see the original poster either way, I'd say the risk posed is no more than it is now when it all comes down to it. ^^
Agreed with Shadow. ^^

As for certain forums, I'm not sure, but I'm sure it can be done.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Idea for MyBB! 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 7/1/2010, 2:48 pm

Perhaps we could do it for blogs? That way if something embarrasing happened to the blogger, let's say she fell down and everyone laughed or something, nobody would know who it happened to. And that way, she wouldn't feel even more embarrased.
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Idea for MyBB! DN41
Idea for MyBB! Cake
I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/2/2010, 5:57 am

I feel that if you don't feel comfortable saying it, you shouldn't say it online either. Remember, the mods would also know. -shrugs-
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Idea for MyBB! 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 7/2/2010, 3:08 pm

Oh, that's true..
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Idea for MyBB! DN41
Idea for MyBB! Cake
I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Jessi O'Shea 7/2/2010, 3:16 pm

The blog part of of it I disagree with. Like Arianna said, the mods atleast would know who posted.

But as for the part about asking for advice, I do agree with. The threat of abusers is still there. But I think that since the mods can tell who it would be and ban or something for a few days or longer (depending on how bad it was), it would discourage other users to do it also.
Mrs. Jessi O'Shea
Mrs. Jessi O'Shea
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6862

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down