The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a few shreds of different poems i'm stuck/given up on

5 posters

Go down

a few shreds of different poems i'm stuck/given up on Empty a few shreds of different poems i'm stuck/given up on

Post by lauren 7/9/2010, 11:23 am

yeahhh... if anyone read my comment in rai's blog here, i had this reeeeally great poem but of course I forgot it. Razz

Anyways, I have a few things, often I jump up and go write down something cool. These go from past to most recent.
the memories come in little sparks
flashes of light in the onyx dark
mismatched pieces
cookie crumbs
our swingset, and the jungle-gym rungs
what will I be like when you're gone?
Will I fall apart?
When will you go?
Will it hurt?
All my questions burn behind my lips
but for now...
I wear a brave face
I savor every sweet embrace
as I hold onto these mismatched, broken-mirror pieces.
(I wrote that about my grandma, who I'm scared is going to pass away.)

This is some random thing I wrote about my boyfriend... Well, ex boyfriend. Razz I'm happy about that fact, though.
Poison kisses are what he gives me, each one makes me want more. Poison kisses entrap me, a caged spirit, struggling to get free. I want him, but I don't. I love him, but I don't. With him, I live a lie. I wish it all wasn't so complicated. His whispers are like dandelion fluff, floating delicately until they can land and plant their seed. His touch, like raindrops, gentle and calming, safe, and happy. When I am with him he is everywhere, and I am nowhere. I have to erase myself to see and appreciate the picture of him. I notice every move he makes, every breath he takes. And I grit my teeth, knowing each day I let it go on, I get deeper. Deeper in a hole I've dug for myself. How can I not want someone who loves me so much?
here's something else, about another ex boyfriend, which I didn't want to let go.

I'm in love with the boy I hate, first too early now it's too late
Love's supposed to be a endless dream
so why is it so hard to be with me?

and then here's something I wrote, if he ever came back for me.
My heart beats wildly, erratically, in an uneven pattern. I'm exploring new love, but I hesitate... before each touch, I wonder if you'll be hurt.

And something I just came up with?

I lie to myself. Mostly, it's to make me feel better about certain things- my friends, my body, myself. But mostly, I lie about you. I tell myself you still want me, that you're coming back. That the reasons you gave when you left me were fake, that you lied then, too. I told myself you were falling too hard too fast, and you got scared. But somewhere, deep inside, I know the truth. That you were right for leaving me. Maybe, just maybe, you might come back, but it won't be for me. I do know that. But I refuse to believe it.

My fingernails rake across my skin easily
My supple, perfect skin
I am overtaken by this demon
must destroy the perfect
I scratch and bite, murder the illusion
and I feel better.
Days of this make it hard to quit
Like a drug, I cannot stop
still working ;P

Last edited by lauren on 7/9/2010, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

a few shreds of different poems i'm stuck/given up on Empty Re: a few shreds of different poems i'm stuck/given up on

Post by Avé 7/9/2010, 11:33 am

Oh my goodness, Zuki, these are incredible. I love the words you use, the rhythm, everything. I think my favorite would have to he the first one, but they're all so phenomenal... :3
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

a few shreds of different poems i'm stuck/given up on Empty Re: a few shreds of different poems i'm stuck/given up on

Post by FOREIGN?! 7/9/2010, 11:38 am

These are amazing! I love the words you use- they give off fantastic imagery... if that makes any sense. xD
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/9/2010, 11:46 am

Wow, really? thankyouh :3 I need a word there different than 'onyx', but I think 'pitch', 'unknown', and just no adjective there wouldn't sound right. Razz

edit: and thankyou too forry Very Happy
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/9/2010, 3:33 pm

Oh my, ilovecheesesoimgonnaeatsallurs. These are so, so excellent! 8D I'd love to see more of your finished poetry! Very Happy
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/9/2010, 4:20 pm

<333 thanks. actually, i have no finished poetry. well, the first one is finished. yeah. I think maybe I should make more of an effort to finish? haha.
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/9/2010, 4:22 pm

Well, personally, I love how the first one ends. :3 But if you don't like it, then you should change it. Poetry is supposed to express things that you feel and not what others want. 83

And you're welcome: you are really talented, though. ;3
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by conich 7/9/2010, 4:41 pm

these are really good lauren! I love the descriptions and how the words just flow. applause
conich
conich
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 749

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/10/2010, 11:42 am

I think I do like how the first one finishes. I like how it ends the poem, but it doesn't necessarily (sp?) end the story that the poem tells. At least, that's what I get from it.
Thanks amanda Very Happy
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down