The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was.

2 posters

Go down

we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Empty we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was.

Post by EmmaRosa 7/11/2010, 11:40 pm

we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. CarnivalOnTheHarbor
'that secret that you know, but don't know how to tell'

10:18 PM 11:40 PM

I want to mention a few songs before the actual blog, so you can go look them up and listen while you read. Unless you can't multitask. then you fail. we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_razz
NoOne'sGonnaLoveYou-BandOfHorses (this song has been stuck in my head all day)
FadeIntoYou-MazzyStar (iloveher. her voice is great and her music is so smooth. I was playing sims and made a cat, named her Mazzy.... now, i want to get a kitten and name her Mazzy. i'd love her to death!)
PhantomLimb-TheShins (this has a music video. watch and be entertained. :3)
one last songgg, i obsessed about this band with Jesse (you'll know about him below)
BoyWithACoin-Iron&Wine (my favorite by them. :3)
The lyrics under the picture are from another song listed in a few paragraphs below by Bon Iver.

Ihavesomuchtotalkaboutandthismightbelongiapologize!
Understand that? Good. Ok. Moving On. :3

I just got back home from Pennsylvania todayy! It was freakin' awesome. && we planned on coming back Saturday and stayed an extra day. Simply because, we went to Kennywood on Friday (which is an amusement park) and went on like, three awesome rides before it literally downpoured. It was thundering&lightening, kids were screaming, puddles were do deep they came up like, three inches above my ankle. It was so cool && we got our tickets reimbursed! So, we got to come back the next day for free! Thus, explaining why we just had to extend our stay. :3
It was pretty great though, because we got strapped in to this one ride right before it started raining, literally. everyone was buckled in, and it was about to start when it started to rain. So, the lady had to come un-buckle every single one of us, by then we were already soaked. Me && Hollie ended up just running around in the rain since all the shelter was taken. we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_razz

Well, yesterday it didn't rain and we got there uber-early and did the rides we wanted too but couldn't the day before. Which included, Phantom's Revenge && SkyRocket. Now, SkyRocket was cool because it went upside down and stuffs. Phantom's Revenge.....DUUUUDE!. it went like, 85 mph and the first drop is so high. It's one of those coasters that take you slowly to this insane peak, then you just basically fall. (of course, we were in the front seat too). Hollie was all, 'it doesn't go upside down, it won't be as cool.' trust me.... it was awesome, tears were being pulled from my eyes, we were going that fast. we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_biggrin -adrenalinejunkiemoment-

Yeahh, My upper back is now seeking it's revenge on me. D: It's been killing me all day, which isn't so great considering I was in a car all day. -dies- I seriously need a good-night's rest. I've been sleeping on a lumpy couch for a week. notfun.

Oh, and we met this guy named Jesse, who lived in the neighborhood. He was pretty cool and we hung out with him, like three days in a row. He played a guitar and was into the indie music like me. -wooo! common interests- anyways, he could sing and i requested Bon Iver. :3 he was awesome. he's like, graduated from high school and will be moving to NY with his older brother soon, he was born in Brooklyn - ithink - and is gonna become a musician. ilovepeople. So, i wanted you guys to check the song out in memory of him since i'll most likely never see him again. hope he does well in NYC. we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_razz BloodBank-BonIver Check it outt! we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_biggrin it was so hilarious though, because when he asked what music i was into and i said iron&wine, bon iver and he stopped me and was like, "You're this young and know Bon Iver!? What?" I was like, "uhmmm... didn't know there was an age requirement." we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_razz

i love to be the new kid

Actually, no. not really. it's awkward for about a week/two weeks. But, apparently i must like awkward because this will be my third move. and guess what? i'm looking forward to it! >.<
I'm not really going to go into detail as to why, but basically; divorce - now living with mom - dad takes old house - were looking for our own. Done, that's all you need to know, i assure you. :3

The move is definitely going to happen, but it'll be... at least a month before it does. my mom found houses and i believe this weekend, i'll be going with her to look at some she picked out. Then she's going to talk to Realtors, the ones that made the cut we'll look inside. narrow it down, pick one out, get the bank loan, then finally move all our junk. yes.itwilltakeawhile.
In fact, I'm thinking I may even start out school at my old one and then have to move after a few weeks in. Which, will undoubtedly, suck a little. we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_razz ohwell.

I am excited for two reasons, mainly.
1. The new school, which I'm making my mother find a house zoned too, that i'll be attending is one of the top ones in our state. or county. idk, I just know it's a top school. Not only that, is it shares a parking lot with the Fine Arts Center. -celebrates- If you don't know, my dream is to become a photographer/journalist or somewhere along those lines. Fine Arts Center, is where you can take elective classes at which focus on just that. we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_biggrin Now, you have to apply and get accepted... which means you need talent. -prays i get in once i apply- But, if you do, you get awesome experience, get to do a class that you love, and get to write that down when applying for a college that specializes in that. :3 mmmhmmm. loveit.
2. I've been really wanting to get a new room/design. Since, this one isn't really designed... it's just... all my stuff in piles and a bed, with a tv chillin' in the corner. Then, I have a second room which I don't even want anymore because it's not really a lounge, just a space for my junk to fill. we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_razz So, I have been looking/thinking/getting inspired about doing my room. I want to do it very indie-themed. Like, a floral bedspread, with warm/neutral tones on the wall with some painted detailing (which i'll do :3) then get a vanity/desk and ditch this chunky tv for the sleek one which goes on the wall. then, i wanted to get some artwork/band posters/pictureframes to use to decorate my wall. I want to organize myself for good and get rid of all my junk from my past which has been hiding in storage bins. because, honestly... 1/3 of my stuff in my room right now i actually want/use. i fail.

mac vs. pc

What really made me start thinking about getting a Mac was because, I was telling my mom how my laptop was about to kill me. Since, it just won't charge even when it's plugged in forever, so if someone trips and it gets pulled out, it dies immediately. D: It's been having a lot of other problems and my mom was just like, "Just get a new one for christmas," and I was all, "That is a good idea." Since, I'm going to start using my laptop for photoshopping my photography, saving my videos from my camcorder. Basically, I want a good computer when i start doing all this stuff on it.
So, I was reading reviews on the Macbooks and an Apple store recently opened in a mall close to me, meaning i'll get to go in and actually look at it. I want to be able to mess around with it, make sure the switch would go well with me. But, honestly, i can adjust to it and I have an iPhone, so i'm used to the apple software somewhat. I just wanted to know your opinions on it.

randomness

This is basically just some extra's that didn't fall into a category. mmmhmm. :3

Cheesecake. we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_surprised I went to the cheesecake factory, it was awesomee. &&if your chocolate tastes cheese, you're going to die. ahahaha. Cyn and Shadow had this conversation to conclude it.

Then Shadow requested I talk about Broccoli....stalks. Personally, i like the buddy-part the best but if it's steamed, i'll eat the whole thing with melted cheddar cheese. mmmhmmm. but when i eat them raw, i dip the buddy part in ranch and don't eat the stalks. yyeeessss.

OhOhOh. Then, I saw three movies while in PA. Eclipse, Iron Man 2 and The Last Airbender.
Quick Reviews/Opinions.
Eclipse was by far, the best in the series so far. It actually made me laugh a few times and it had a lot of action. It was still shadowed by the past horrible movies and you could see it still wasn't academy award winning material but hey, it's twilight. i think it wasn't bad considering what their working with.
Iron Man 2 was pretty good, it was a great action movie and even though i didn't see the first one, i could still kind of follow along with it. If you saw the first one, or you're into like, Batman and those kinds of movies... then you should look into this one. Scarlett Johansson kicked major butt, too! we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_biggrin
The Last Airbender, was straight-up terrible. The acting was awful and i just hated the whole layout of the movie. I don't know why, but it wasn't worth it. I couldn't take any of them seriously, that's how terrible the acting was. It's set-up so that it'll be a series, and if M. Night Shyamalan gets funding for that, it better step-up it's game. The only plus was that Jackson Rathbone, who plays Jasper in Twilight, was in it and his acting wasn't too bad. I can't say much for the others...

*questions.
(that star is there to look cool, i didn't go through and star anything in the text. we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Icon_razz)

did you listen to any of the songs listed? If so, you're favorite?
are you into the crazy roller coasters, or not?
have any ideas for decoration in my new room? something like a collage, etc?
mac or PC?
how do you prefer your broccoli?
have you seen any of those movies? if so, what were your opinions?
EmmaRosa
EmmaRosa
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 92

Back to top Go down

we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Empty Re: we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was.

Post by shadowsowner888 7/12/2010, 2:56 pm

did you listen to any of the songs listed? If so, you're favorite? I was only able to listen to three of them, but my favorite was No One's Gonna Love You out of them. nod
are you into the crazy roller coasters, or not? HECK YES. 8D
have any ideas for decoration in my new room? something like a collage, etc? I like to tape random stuff I like on the walls. Including posters, but like, anything really. For example, I have the label for a bottle of Strawberry Crush taped on the side of my loft bed. :3 You could try that! (Plus it's amazing writerly inspiration. Wink)
mac or PC? I like Macs, really, though there's a lot of reasons. So I won't elaborate unless you'd prefer me to. xD
how do you prefer your broccoli? Actually, I do like eating it right off the plant, though I've only done that once. ^^ Quite nommy.
have you seen any of those movies? if so, what were your opinions? I saw Iron Man 2, and really they're not the greatest in the world, heck I loved them. :3 (I'm a real Batman person, so. xD) I'm hopefully gonna see Eclipse later this week, and I'd love to see The Last Airbender some time, even though people really have been saying it's horrible. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. 1312we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. 2412we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. 3349we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. 3548we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. Empty Re: we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was.

Post by EmmaRosa 7/13/2010, 11:01 pm

Shadoww;

Yesss. Band Of Horses is luv. :3
&&Yeahh, that sounds cool... I could do like a collage on the wall!
Please elaborate on Macs! It would help. :3 iwouldluvyouforevertoo!
EmmaRosa
EmmaRosa
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/14/2010, 11:00 am

Well, first of all . . . this could just be because I've grown up on Macs, but I always found them easier to use. Yeah, in fact, I'm sure it's because I've grown up on them, but whatever. XD Then again, I was able to figure out how to use our PC just fine without any help. Really, they're similar enough to where you won't have too hard a time using a Mac after a lifetime of Windows. It'll just take a bit of getting used to is all.

The biggest problem is probably that Macs are so darn expensive. Razz Arguably, you could get an even better computer for half the price. I personally think Macs are worth it, though. You get awesome tech support, you get to buy from the awesome Mac store with all the computer set up for you to play around in . . . it's really worth it. xD But you definitely don't need to go and buy the most expensive one, cus I think the less expensive ones are just as good. It really depends on what you're looking for in the computer, though.

Now, you may have heard that Macs never get the blue screen of death. This is true. Instead they get gray ones. nod Really, though, the good news is that you probably won't get that until your computer is ten years old. And by that time you'd probably know the cpu well enough to be able to avoid those gray screens. With the new computers, there's really no problems at all. And never once have I had a Mac crash on me. They're very reliable in that aspect for writers, especially those doing Nanowrimo. nod It's fun to be able to read about all the whining people who lost all their work to a computer crash, and then laugh because you know it won't be happening to you.

They're pretty fast, too, and if you're using internet mostly, they're just as good as any PC you'd ever use.

However, offline gaming is another issue. If you really like buying computer games to use, you're probably not gonna be so happy with Macs. They're really hard to design games for you, see, so only the most popular games out there like Sims or Spore or whatever are going to be out for Macs.

If you can live with that, though, you'll have no problems.

Hmm . . . did I elaborate enough? xDD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. 1312we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. 2412we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. 3349we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. 3548we are the ever-living ghost of, what once was. 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaRosa 7/14/2010, 11:00 pm

Yesss, you did. :3
And I have heard about how their security is really great, which is what's kind of drawing me in since i'm going to be doing photography and I'll be uploading my work onto my computer. So, It would suck for it to crash and it all be lost.
I have the Sims and I could honestly live without the other gaming systems, since Sims is the only one i have right now anyways. Razz
I dunno, Does Photoshop work with Macs? I think it does. As long as that is good, I might just go ahead and get one instead of a PC.
Plus, I have an iPhone so I've used Apple's stuff before and I love the iPhone.
EmmaRosa
EmmaRosa
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/15/2010, 5:08 pm

Yeah, the computers really are good at not crashing. Smile The application might quit on you if it's glitching or if you're really trying to do too much at once . . . but if you're using the computer properly, that probably won't happen. xD I tend to abuse mine by going COMMAND BUTTON BUTTON BUTTON on the keyboard, and then the next thing I know, I've accidentally quit Q and suddenly I'm off the internet.

That's good! grin

Yes, it does, but the thing is, it doesn't come with it. You'd have to buy it separately, or download something like Gimp, which is a similar but free alternative. I personally think Gimp is great once you get used to it (just like Macs xD), so you might be able to live without Photoshop if you don't want to go and pay for it.

While I've never used an iPhone, I have used iTouches before, and if that's similar enough I agree that they're great. ^^ The nice thing about Macs is the whole thing where they're actually meant to be used with the iPods and iPhones and stuff. I mean, it can't be much different than using iTunes on a PC, but still.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down