The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life]

+10
Webkinz-lover#1
FoxxKMD
DreamCatcher81
Nightowl
Akeria
PugsRock
Jesus4Eternity
SaddleClub
iGrievous
shadowsowner888
14 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] Empty Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life]

Post by shadowsowner888 6/9/2009, 11:58 am

Yeah, um, it's not really a fanfic cus it's based on me . . . but it does have Twilighty content. XD Oh, and all the last names are fake.

Maturity: Romance without much physical contact.
Fantasy: How do ya feel about werewolves? (Not really werewolves, so to speak, but the concept.)

Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFm5ONmhZMnFBM2hHb21jaGM4dGlBdFEAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ

My once-calm heartbeat picked up wildly as he entered the room.

Up until October, when this had begun, I’d hated band. I hated every part of it, from the practicing to the practices to the concerts, and everything in between. Now that this had happened, though, I didn’t mind band anymore. All because of Jamie Ateara.

I casually flashed a smile at him when he glanced at me, and was thrilled to have it returned. The agonizing part, however, was that I knew it wasn’t me he was looking for.

I watched brokenly as his face split into a grin that was breathtaking, despite the braces. I watched as their eyes met with joy.

“Their eyes” being the eyes of Jamie, and Audrey Pathew.

She grinned back at him, and I felt a cruel satisfaction at the fact that Jamie and I were in the same band level, and not to mention both trumpeters while she was a clarinet. Audrey was only here to wait while her sister played in the band before hers.

My only complaint was that I was the third best trumpeter. Jamie was, what? Fifth or sixth worst? But either way, this meant that he sat behind me. I wished I could sit next to him instead. Still, it pleased me that he seemed to care about the fact that I’d “totally beat him in band,” as he’d announced to everyone in teen club when he took on the challenge of naming and giving a fact about each of the thirty or so other people there.

That day brought back bad memories, though. When he’d introduced Audrey as his “kinda-sorta wife” . . . well, you can imagine just how I felt about that.

They weren’t literally married, though, of course. I mean, Jamie was only fourteen, and Audrey about fifteen. I didn't know for certain. But was easy to see that he was “taken,” whether there were romantic motives behind it or not, and it especially stung about how he had asked her. He’d made his choice.

I sighed soundlessly as he passed out of my peripheral vision to seat himself behind me. Now, unless I heard him talking to Dad (behind him), I likely wouldn’t get a look at him again until band ended in an hour. It’d be quite tricky either way, having his older brother Joe next to him to likely see me, if I could somehow see around the stand they shared. That’s why I’d pretty much given up the staring during practice.

I heard him speaking to the other guys seated next to him, and wished I were them . . . what I wouldn’t give to have him talk to me, of his own free will.

Being just friends was too hard. We were barely even friends as it was. It was mostly just because we’d known each other for six years or so.

“All right, let’s get started. We’ll play these in the concert lineup,” our director, a female, said. “So pull out Czech Suite.” I was forced to pay attention now, so I rummaged through my music folder and got the song out. I then watched her, waiting for us to begin.

Two days later, we’d just all got out of our first concert of the band season. I was, frankly, depressed. Bridget (the second-best trumpeter in my band) and I had both gone before the concert began to pick up programs, and we were supposed to have traded them - I told her I wanted an “authentically used” one. But that was not the real reason - the truth was that both Jamie and I had used it, too, since I’d forgotten to take my own out of my music folder when we were putting the folders away. I’d had a vision of me circling the typos Jamie had pointed out, and then putting the program in my shoe box of memorabilia. I’d also planned to get his fingerprint off it, and someone how mount the print on my wall.

Then, my vision was whisked away by the cleanup crew.

I knew it would’ve been different if I hadn’t forgotten to get mine out. Then Jamie would have used my program, not Bridget’s, since he’d asked me to use the program anyway — I’d just been using Bridget’s. And then I’d have his DNA, perfect for cloning with. But now I hated myself for forgetting.

I headed to the black box room after meeting briefly with my family and grandparents, so I could put my instruments away. I heard someone playing chords on a xylophone as I walked, and I sorta smiled. The sound was cheery.

Once I’d got my trumpet case, music stand, and purse, I began to head outside — my dad would be waiting for me. As I walked towards the xylophonist and saw who it was, my heart leapt. Jamie! Audrey was just walking away from him, however, so I struggled to keep my expression free of any detest for her, or too much adoration for him.

“I’m sad,” I told Jamie when I reached him, and he looked up at me with his deep, amber eyes — for a brief second, the light hit them just right, and they were green.

“Why?”

“Because . . . Bridget and I were going to trade programs so . . .” I trailed off. Much as I knew I needed to keep my cover, I wanted so badly for him to know the truth . . . I knew I could never tell him, though. Not when Audrey was in the picture.

“ ‘So,’ what?” he prompted, blinking.

I shrugged. “I liked hers. It was the best program in the whole building. But she left it under her seat, so someone threw it out.”

He nodded. “I see . . . that’s too bad.” He shook his head a little. “Why don’t you just go find another program, though?”

“It’d never work,” I insisted. “I needed hers, because it was the best!”

“Why was it the best?! It was just the same as all the rest!” he said, throwing his hands in the air. Even though I was serious, our banter was purely playful.

“It was not the same —” I took a deep breath, and then blurted impulsively, “It was the best because you used it.”

Jamie stared at me in shock for a moment, and then, unwilling to face what he was sure to say, I raced outside to my dad’s car, vowing to kill myself later.

((I'll add more after comments! XD And I just noticed what a nice spot to end it this was.))

Next part on page 4 post 2.

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 8/4/2009, 7:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] 1312Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] 2412Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] 3349Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] 3548Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] Empty Re: Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life]

Post by iGrievous 6/9/2009, 12:44 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What the heck?!? That's not how it happened!
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] Empty Re: Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life]

Post by shadowsowner888 6/9/2009, 12:48 pm

That's why it's a fanfic. Twisted Evil
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] 1312Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] 2412Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] 3349Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] 3548Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/9/2009, 12:51 pm

I see.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 6/9/2009, 1:05 pm

Awesome!! Smile Add more soon pleeeaaase. Smile
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/9/2009, 2:09 pm

I will after one more comment! Very Happy I'm glad you like it! (And plus, you'll get to know Jasper that much more! XD)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/9/2009, 2:18 pm

I coment, I coment!
man, who saw those HUGE Cumulonimbus clouds yesterday? What a sight!
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/9/2009, 2:29 pm

XD You don't count; you've already commented.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/9/2009, 2:34 pm

What about those HUGE Clouds that were like SO awesome! They were just MILES high!
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 6/9/2009, 2:35 pm

I don't remember seeing any clouds yesterday. But there were thunderstorms this morning. I have no clue how I was able to sleep through that all morning.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/9/2009, 2:49 pm

Yah, they must've passed over you at night.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 6/9/2009, 2:51 pm

Probably.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/9/2009, 2:59 pm

I just wanna talk about 'em, 'cause I'm REALLY happy they didn't hit us.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 6/9/2009, 2:59 pm

That's good.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/9/2009, 3:00 pm

yup.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 6/9/2009, 3:02 pm

I like where I live. There's never really hurricanes or tornados or earthquakes or any natural disasters like that.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/9/2009, 3:03 pm

Same here
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 6/9/2009, 3:06 pm

That's good. (again)
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/9/2009, 3:07 pm

Yup. (again)
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 6/9/2009, 3:09 pm

In science we were talking about natural disasters around here. The only time there was a major earthquake was a long time ago, a few hundred years I think.
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/9/2009, 3:38 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:I will after one more comment! Very Happy I'm glad you like it! (And plus, you'll get to know Jasper that much more! XD)

Jasper mine. Smile
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] Siggy
Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] SiggyMisplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] Siggy
Misplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] SiggyMisplaced *finished* [a novelette of my life] Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/9/2009, 3:38 pm

I actually do have a shoebox with Nick stuff. ♥️ Smile

Last edited by Jesus4Eternity on 6/27/2009, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/9/2009, 3:41 pm

Lol, I just call him Jasper. XD So yeah, you can keep the real Jasper!

OMG, me too! XD I have all these concert programs/dance tickets from things we were both out - and one of the programs was signed using his back, and he was reading another himself! Very Happy I also have a balloon that, once it goes flat, will be going in there. (I also have a kleenex I used as a bookmark for the Twilight books, though, and a mini glowstick from this guy that I became somewhat friends with. XD I think he actually liked me!!) Yeah, though, I'm rather obsessed with Jamie/Jasper. XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/9/2009, 3:46 pm

Don't worry; I'm obsessed with Nick, remember? I, like, stalk him. At least, that's what my friends say.

Last edited by Jesus4Eternity on 6/27/2009, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/9/2009, 3:48 pm

Awesome. XD I talk to mine too much, rather than stalking, though.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next