The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing.

+12
rattyjol
DreamCatcher81
Webkinz-lover#1
Komoda
shadowsowner888
Malicious Nightmares
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
merry312
iGrievous
SomeoneSpeical08
PugsRock
Jade
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing. Empty Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing.

Post by Jade 8/10/2009, 4:15 pm

I know that many of you are upset, feeling stupid and even angry at iGri, me and Amanda for being the rude users Mr.Dude, LOLXD and Qwertyuiop. Here's your chance to truly say how you feel. Here's what one user felt

Last night an old wound of mine opened up again.When that sort of thing happens,you may feel miserable,and cry the tears leftover from that time.Then anger might well up in you.Real,righteous anger.And with all that anger,you need to yell at someone.So you turn to who your poor deluded brain thinks is to blame.

Anger has a way of blocking out logic.Or twisting it around until its something different,and wrong.

Then you might spend some more time feeling miserable,and then go to bed.When you wake up you (might) not remember it,and go about your morning feeling cheerful,and OK.Then you think of going on the computer,and feel a huge wave of guilt.Because you know,in this clear-thinking point of view that they aren't the people you're angry at.

One of these people will probably send me an annoying,but true PM on this.He gets on my nerves a lot.Sometimes I wonder if he knows what Zen-like patience it takes to be his friend.

So you sit think for awhile,about what would be the best,least embarrassing,most heartfelt way to apologize to them.You may decide on a second person retrospect.Even though you know one of the people your apologizing to might leave a snarky comment to ease his hurt feelings.So you plunk yourself down and write it,then pick the best music to listen to while it is read.
And then you write what they probably most want to hear.I'm sorry.I'm sorry for overreacting,and yelling at you.Sorry,sorry,sorry.

Hey.Even though it still makes me angry and sick inside to read the rude users announcement.And even though I don't think running around insulting people,and being general jerks is very funny...You didn't deserve a word of what I said,and I apologize.

This user was responding to this announcement

So, y'all have seen teh rude users around, right? Qwertyuiop, LOLXD, and Mr. Dude. Well...

Qwertyuiop's real name is Amanda.
LOLXD is a mod.
and Mr. Dude is the only male moderator.

Yep, I'm Qwertyuiop, Jade's LOLXD, and iGri is Mr. Dude. Since you guys are SO well-behaved, I wanted to see how y'all would act with rude users. You reported and everything, so Congrats! Shad might ban these peeps, and we might use them in the future!

And I have a little something to say personally: If I did hurt ANYONE's feelings, I'm sorry. I didn't mean pretty much anything I said. I made an ANTI-JASPER club. So you know I didn't really mean anything. I'm sorry if anyone truly got hurt in this process, but still, y'all did good!

We later realized that this potrayed the whole thing as if it were a joke, Shadow the said

I knew something like this would happen. But anyway, I just found out that some of you were very upset to find out that the nasty users who joined lately were fakes. I'm very sorry that I hurt your guys' feelings by this, and I apologize for all the stress and wasted time I caused you guys.

I did say that we did it for fun. Which is partially true. But the real reason was that we wanted to test you guys. We hadn't been dealing with anything like this before, so the mods and I wanted to make sure you guys knew what you should do. And you all were awesome about it. None of you bashed the users (that I know of), and you all did your job by reporting and rebuking them when they didn't follow the rules. I'm very grateful to all of you guys for being so awesome.

The other reason - even though it wasn't a reason until about halfway through - was that it helped us to find a new mod. (Pugs.) It was a good way to see which of you guys would really be good as a mod. And while any one of you would have been an awesome choice, we felt that Pugs was one of the most helpful ones, so we asked her. Pugs, I'm really sorry that you had to go through that just to be asked. xP

Next time something like this is suggested, I will think twice before agreeing to it. Once again, I'm sorry to any of you who were hurt by this test, and I hope that you can come to forgive me. If you're mad about it, you can feel free to send me a nasty flame PM. I deserve it. I feel horrible about this.

~Shadow

Shadow as we all no is very far from a "crappy admin". She listens to our ideas and supports all of us and not to mention how much time she puts into this website. She said that she wishes she'd never done it
I disagree Shadow.

There was no reason why you shouldn't have done it. You guys this wasn't some joke that we did for fun or to make you guys feel stupid or bad either. We did this to see
1- Who would make a great new Mod

2- How you guys would react if their was a real rude user.

What if those users were real? What if we happen to have someone join who says things worse than what we said? Consider this a fire drill and think, what if that had been a real fire?

Thanks to you guys though, for spending your time reporting. You weren't stupid, we weren't trying to trick you, anyone would have reacted the same way. I understand that you're a little surprised but by no means Shadow are you a crappy admin, this was a test, this is online you can never be too safe. And by no means was any user on this site stupid! You're all brilliant and were lucky that you're all so nice

But know this. This wasn;t just some silly little game we felt like playing we were trying to help prepare you guys for a real rude user and yet we didn't know how you truly felt about it.

Let me say this though, I am sorry we hurt you guys but I am however not regretting what we did.

Please say your true feelings below.
Pugs:
I'll admit that at first when I read the announcement, I was a little upset. I thought that I had made a huge fool out of myself, PMing moderators, and thinking that the site would never be the same. I thought that I had wasted a lot of time reporting people who didn't really exist. After that, I laughed out loud, but was angry to hear that you did it for fun, to read out reactions.
I should be appreciative, because now I'm a soon-to-be-mod, but I feel bad, because, like I've said before, mods feel guilty, users are mad, and now I'm almost a mod.
After getting over the anger, I realized that I'm not the one who is getting it the worst. The mods read your posts about the anger you felt and feel really bad. So I say that you guys shouldn't feel sorry. You didn't know that we would react this way, and I'm sorry if we're not acting nicely to it (I wouldn't know, because obviously I can't read the PMs you guys have had sent to you.).
I just wanted to say that I haven't been one of the people giving out spam rep, just incase I was accused of doing it, because I saw the red bar on a post that said that you were sorry and it was to me.
I think after this thread, that he should have a virtual group hug, make up, and forget this little problem happened. Everyone makes mistakes, and if someone's mad, it's not your fault.
Shadow- you shouldn't feel like a jerk, because we've all done something wrong, or given it, or something like that. It's not your fault. It's no ones fault. We can think of it as a good thing, too, because, like you said, we all acted really well while the 'joke' was going on. You and no one else here is a jerk. Soon this will blow over and new users will join who will never know about this and in 30 years we'll laugh and say, "Ha, ha. They had me fooled!"

I just want to say that I'm sorry if I've caused any hurt feelings.

Last edited by warmblood12211 on 8/10/2009, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing. Empty Re: Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing.

Post by PugsRock 8/10/2009, 4:31 pm

I'll admit that at first when I read the announcement, I was a little upset. I thought that I had made a huge fool out of myself, PMing moderators, and thinking that the site would never be the same. I thought that I had wasted a lot of time reporting people who didn't really exist. After that, I laughed out loud, but was angry to hear that you did it for fun, to read out reactions.
I should be appreciative, because now I'm a soon-to-be-mod, but I feel bad, because, like I've said before, mods feel guilty, users are mad, and now I'm almost a mod.
After getting over the anger, I realized that I'm not the one who is getting it the worst. The mods read your posts about the anger you felt and feel really bad. So I say that you guys shouldn't feel sorry. You didn't know that we would react this way, and I'm sorry if we're not acting nicely to it (I wouldn't know, because obviously I can't read the PMs you guys have had sent to you.).
I just wanted to say that I haven't been one of the people giving out spam rep, just incase I was accused of doing it, because I saw the red bar on a post that said that you were sorry and it was to me.
iGri said that Amanda thought of the idea, and she hasn't posted since confessing that the users were fake. I think we should thank her because she didn't mean to do any harm when suggesting the idea, and I think the problem helped us bring us together and prepare if any bad people should join our site. Amanda, if you feel bad, just look at your 'Why We Love' thread and remember that we still like you. No hard feelings, right?
I think after this thread, that he should have a virtual group hug, make up, and forget this little problem happened. Everyone makes mistakes, and if someone's mad, it's not your fault. Smile
Shadow- you shouldn't feel like a jerk, because we've all done something wrong, or given it, or something like that. It's not your fault. It's no ones fault. We can think of it as a good thing, too, because, like you said, we all acted really well while the 'joke' was going on. You and no one else here is a jerk. Soon this will blow over and new users will join who will never know about this and in 30 years we'll laugh and say, "Ha, ha. They had me fooled!"
Smile
I just want to say that I'm sorry if I've caused any hurt feelings.

Last edited by PugsRock on 8/10/2009, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing. Empty Re: Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing.

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 8/10/2009, 4:38 pm

Although I wasn't even on this site when this happened, if I was, I know I would feel relieved after hearing what it was all about. The three rude users were a very good idea for TWG because there are actual people like that out there. And from what I've read, most of every reacted just like they should've. It would've made me worry a little if those were real people. (Thank God they weren't)
I know a lot of us on here have our actual age posted (including me) and it could've been bad if this site came across a predator.
What if someone would've accidentally posted what their myspace or facebook was? And they had their pictures posted on there. A predator could've found them.
So it was a very, very good idea that Shad agreed to. It'll keep us all safer.
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 187

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/10/2009, 4:39 pm

Thanks for that Pugs.
I agree, Special. Thanks for understanding and taking the time to write through your answers.

Last edited by warmblood12211 on 8/10/2009, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 8/10/2009, 4:40 pm

If you want to. Smile
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/10/2009, 4:43 pm

It's added.
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 8/10/2009, 4:50 pm

I'm not trying to lay blame on anyone, but you all say that Shad' shouldn't feel like jerk for this, but the idea was Amanda's, and since you guys are saying it wasn't a bad idea, go tell her, maybe she feels wretched?

Maybe.

But it was my idea for more than one mod to do that, so if anyone's mad, you can PM me to yell at me, I won't mind.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/10/2009, 4:55 pm

If you're not trying to lay blame on anyone, iGri then don't. Everyone was just saying that no one should feel bad and Shadow seemed really upset by this and called herself "a crappy admin" and we were just saying that she wasn't.

I don't think anyone should yell at anyone Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by merry312 8/10/2009, 4:58 pm

Well I just want to apologize for anything I did. Sad I don't know about the other mods but I feel like I owe everyone here an apology. I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings with anything I did. We just wanted to make sure everyone knew how to handle it the right way. I mean we didn't want anybody handling it by starting a fight. Everybody did really well and we are all sorry. Sad I know what if feels like to feel like a fool or being embarrassed on or offline. That has happened plenty of times.
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha 8/10/2009, 5:04 pm

Honestly... When I read the annoucment, I laughed. And got weird looks from my sister, but that's not the point. I only reported a couple because I thought they were the real deal and those were what I had seen.

That's all I have to say.
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 23705

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 8/10/2009, 5:24 pm

Like Britt, I laughed. Okay, so I slightly flipped.. once... but after, I looked back at it, and laughed. You know, I never really got ANGRY or anything... rolleyes No really. X3
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/10/2009, 6:18 pm

Well, I'm relieved to find that you non-mods that've posted here don't hate me. I've pretty much already said everything I need to on this subject, though, in other threads, so that's really all I can say. xD Thanks for kinda making me feel better about this, guys.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing. 1312Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing. 2412Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing. 3349Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing. 3548Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/10/2009, 7:07 pm

No problem, Shadow, it was easy. We just told the truth. Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/10/2009, 8:16 pm

I'm not at all mad about what the mods did.

I think it was quite a good idea, actually. It was definitely the best way to find a good mod. Smile Sure, I feel stupid, but that doesn't mean I'm angry with anyone. I'm just glad that I didn't freak on any of the rude users.

However, I can completely understand why someone would be mad about this. I'm more relieved than anything that those rude users didn't actually exist, though.

If I'm angry about anything to do with this, it's the way some of the users are reacting.
I feel bad for the mods, because I know their intentions were good. I felt absolutely sick when I found out that people were giving negative rep to the mods/admin involved in this. These mods here are our friends! Amanda, Shadow, Jade and iGri are all terrific, very nice, talented and great people. We shouldn't be treating them like this. They do not deserve it.

We all know they wouldn't hurt us intentionally, so why are so many of us here hurting them intentionally by giving negative rep they don't deserve?
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Webkinz-lover#1 8/10/2009, 9:28 pm

Aw, Shadow, I could never hate you.! =]

I wasn't on the site when these users were here, but I saw in the "I'm new here" section a lot of edited posts. I understand some people really got their feelings hurt, but I think the users were a good idea, they showed us all that not everyone is nice on the internet and now we know what to do if someone like that really joins. Smile
Webkinz-lover#1
Webkinz-lover#1
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing. Siggy
Female Posts : 2058

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/10/2009, 10:41 pm

I want to apolagize too just in case anyone got their feelings hurt. The mods weren't trying to do that at all! We decided that the spusers would only post on mod threads so that no ones feelings would get hurt but I guess some did. And I'm really sorry that you guys' feelings did get hurt.

But I don't regret doing this. I regret that people's feelings were hurt, but not that we did the plan. Think of it; we found a new mod trainee, Pugs. And we have a couple others in mind alhtough we probably won't have any more for awhile. And you guys were awesome!

You guys shouldn't feel stupid. We appreciate all that you've done by reporting the spusers! I couldn't agree anymore than what Jade said about a fire drill. If you never practice the drill, how will anyone know you're ready if a real fire comes?

So I just want to say again, I'm sorry about any hurt feelings!

Oh yeah. And Shadz, you are not a crappy admin in any way! You listen to our ideas and always do the best you can to make this site better. Plus you're so much more involved in TWIG than some other websites I've been on when you rarely ever see the admin! Very Happy
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/10/2009, 10:43 pm

Thanks so much you guys, Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 8/10/2009, 11:32 pm

Omygawsh, HATING Shadow, it like Hating Chocolate.. and I LOVE my chocolate! D=
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/10/2009, 11:33 pm

All the "mean" posts were edited out before I read them, but I was wondering why all of a sudden there were so many mean new users. I felt kinda stupid when I read the announcements but I'm not mad. In my opinion it was a good idea, except for the people's feelings getting hurt part.

Same here, Mia. *huggles Shadz* You're a good admin. Smile
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 8/10/2009, 11:35 pm

Mia's right again! cheesy
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/11/2009, 12:55 am

Okay, I can't find the PM that I sent to Shadow to say I wasn't mad, but here's a short version of it.
When there were rude users on the site, I felt horrible. I reported all I could and told them to be nice, and then I waited for the mods to take action, hoping that with some luck, they'd be banned by morning.
When I saw the announcement, I was relieved, because we didn't have rude users on our site. And later, I was happy for Pugs, because now she gets to be a mod, and this was a perfect way to test us (though I am a bit jealous of her) I think she earned the position.
I'm not mad. I'd have been mad if they were real. They aren't. So there Very Happy
And P.S. I'm think that the mods and Shadow are doing a great job. They are some of the most awesome people I know and this didn't decrease their awesomeness one bit Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Reaction. Here's Your Time To React to The Rude Users Thing. 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/11/2009, 12:49 pm

Aww, thanks so much Arianna Smile

I agree Mia Wink
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 8/11/2009, 12:51 pm

Yep, Shadow IS like chocolate sorta. nod XP
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/11/2009, 12:51 pm

Yeah.... I totally get what you mean xD
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 8/11/2009, 3:16 pm

I don't mean it in a way like I wanna eat her because she's a chocolate.. XD.. I meant... you know. X3
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next