The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Gaga x Paramore

+8
Haileadorable211
Noah the Flood
conich
amrgirl
Cyn431
Dragon Lover
rattyjol
B
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lady Gaga x Paramore Empty Lady Gaga x Paramore

Post by B 7/24/2010, 1:18 pm

Hm......I like both of them! (: Your opinion?
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Lady Gaga x Paramore Empty Re: Lady Gaga x Paramore

Post by rattyjol 7/24/2010, 1:57 pm

Paramore for sure. I hate Lady Gaga. I dunno why, I just really really don't like her. xP And her songs get stuck in my head too easily.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/24/2010, 2:06 pm

Aaah...I usually lean towards Paramore more than Gaga, but I don't hate Lady Gaga! Paramore tends to have songs that relate to me and how I feel. Lady Gaga occasionally creeps me out...

But she is extremely entertaining, I'll say that. Even if you don't like her, you have to marvel at the guts and confidence she has to be able to walk around in the outfits she wears and whatnot. If you were to try to pull that off, I'm sure it'd be hard to shamelessly flounce about in a wacky outfit, right?

So my "vote" goes to Paramore, but I'm not gonna rag on Lady Gaga.
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

MATT II IS MY OLDER BROTHER! =D
Credit to Ave for my amazing siggie. [:
Female Posts : 9059

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/24/2010, 3:09 pm

How are you going to compare Paramore and Mr. Gaga? I mean, Paramore is an alternative rock band with strong, deep songs that can really poke at your heart. Mr. Gaga is a techno pop artist whose songs are more focused on the ability to dance to (in a dirty fashion, might I add) than the poetry that's conveyed in Paramore's songs, along with those of many other artists. You will never see the two collaborating together because they're just that different. Gaga might pluck Hayley out of Paramore to do a little something (take that appropriately); but that's not Paramore, that's Hayley Williams.

But based off of preference, I'll go with Paramore. Maybe you already knew I'd choose that considering I said Mr. Gaga. Razz I won't bash her emotionless music, though, or her unique style.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 7/24/2010, 3:31 pm

I like some of Lady Gaga's songs, and what she stands up for, but she isn't one of my favorite artists. Since Paramore is one of my favorite bands, I have to put in my 'vote' for them. Smile
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by conich 7/24/2010, 3:34 pm

Paramore, without a doubt. Their songs are deep and emotional, while Lady Gaga's... aren't. Her songs make you want to dance but get annoying really fast, while Paramore you can listen to over and over and still get goosebumbs. Hailey Williams has an amzingly powerful voice and that makes you want to laugh, cry, and then sing along. Lady Gaga just can't compare to Paramore's music.
conich
conich
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 749

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/24/2010, 3:50 pm

I thank Mandy for putting what I had kept myself from saying in the last line of my post, in much stronger words. grin
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/24/2010, 4:49 pm

Paramore.

I mean, Lady Gaga has some pretty good music, and she is very talented and has a wonderful imagination.

But like others have said, Paramore's music has much more...meaning to it. Now, don't get me wrong, if you look deep, so does SOME of Lady Gaga's, but I think Paramore's is more moving.

Plus the fact that Hailey Williams has a beautiful voice AND is one of the most beautiful music stars around (I think).
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by Haileadorable211 7/24/2010, 5:07 pm

Lady Gaga im always in the mood for her but I sometimes get bored with the constant yelling of Haley Williams.
Lady Gaga makes music that I can dance too and Its good for anytime no matter how you feel.Her music has meaning and I think Paramore is a bunch of screaming
Haileadorable211
Haileadorable211
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Lady Gaga x Paramore Siggy
Thats smoky the cigar

Female Posts : 1070

http://sweetshoplove.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/24/2010, 5:16 pm

Haileadorable211 wrote:Lady Gaga im always in the mood for her but I sometimes get bored with the constant yelling of Haley Williams.
Lady Gaga makes music that I can dance too and Its good for anytime no matter how you feel.Her music has meaning and I think Paramore is a bunch of screaming

Wait.
What?
Paramore is NOT abunch of screaming.
Go listen to Misguided Ghosts.
Or the Only Exception.
Those are two soft songs (I think the last one is)
But sure, some are loud.
Its called strong vocals.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 7/24/2010, 5:18 pm

Exactly. There's hardly any screamo in Paramore. Just My Heart, I believe.
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Haileadorable211 7/24/2010, 5:19 pm

Noah the Flood wrote:
Haileadorable211 wrote:Lady Gaga im always in the mood for her but I sometimes get bored with the constant yelling of Haley Williams.

Wait.
What?
Paramore is NOT abunch of screaming.
Go listen to Misguided Ghosts.
Or the Only Exception.
Those are two soft songs (I think the last one is)
But sure, some are loud.
Its called strong vocals.
You call it strong vocals I call it yelling
Haileadorable211
Haileadorable211
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Thats smoky the cigar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 7/24/2010, 5:25 pm

I'm sorry, but I'd have to agree with Noah and [amrgirl, I suppose you wouldn't mind if I called you Anna?]. I haven't heard all of Paramore, but it's far from being screamy! Heh, if you want to hear something screamy, I'd say try listening to most any Disturbed song or Slipknot, even Breaking Benjamin has a little bit (that I've heard). But I do understand where you're going from, she does get loud--but Noah's right, she's just singing loudly and strongly, not shouting, really.

Edit; I might be wrong about the song 'My Heart', because I've never heard that one before, but still.

Last edited by Dragon Lover on 7/24/2010, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

MATT II IS MY OLDER BROTHER! =D
Credit to Ave for my amazing siggie. [:
Female Posts : 9059

Back to top Go down

Post by Haileadorable211 7/24/2010, 5:31 pm

Again you call it strong i call it yelling Oops.
Haileadorable211
Haileadorable211
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Thats smoky the cigar

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 7/24/2010, 5:32 pm

Dragon Lover wrote:I'm sorry, but I'd have to agree with Noah and [amrgirl, I suppose you wouldn't mind if I called you Anna?]. I haven't heard all of Paramore, but it's far from being screamy! Heh, if you want to hear something screamy, I'd say try listening to most any Disturbed song or Slipknot, even Breaking Benjamin has a little bit (that I've heard). But I do understand where you're going from, she does get loud--but Noah's right, she's just singing loudly and strongly, not shouting, really.

Edit; I might be wrong about the song 'Just My Heart', because I've never heard that one before, but still.
Yep, you can call me Anna.
Oh, I meant it by saying 'the only song with scream is just My Heart.' The capitalization just caused it to turn out that way. The song is My Heart. nod Sorry for the confusion.
And I agree with everything that you said. ^^
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/24/2010, 5:33 pm

If you want screaming, click on this link. I'm not saying Bring Me The Horizon is bad, but you've gotta admit, if there's something called a screamo band, this defines it.

Now I want you to go back to this link here. After listening to BMTH, does this sound like screaming or yelling?

I will give something in Mr. Gaga's defense, though: you are right, Hayley does have a tendency to sing with strong force, and she does hit some high notes (not high for my range, but I shouldn't be bragging).

But let me go right back and kill Gaga: it's called singing with meaning. Varying between three puny notes—pitches, whatever you want to call them—per verse or chorus shows no meaning (unless you're hinting at "drunk" like a lot of her songs), and barely cuts as singing if you ask me. (Quote from Elf: "Singing's like talking, only louder and longer and you move your voice up and down a lot.")

Besides, Paramore isn't all about singing. Paramore also has an amazing guitarist, bassist and drummer, respectively Josh Farro, Jeremy Davis and Zac Farro. How is Mr. Gaga going to compete with those guys?

I would have said this message a lot more like a YouTube comment, but that would have instantly turned this thread into a battlefield. ._.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Haileadorable211 7/24/2010, 5:39 pm

Mr. Gaga's defense
SHE ISNT A MAN!
Ok I hate Haley Williams singing it isnt just the loudness its that her singing sounds more like singing .Yeah i know their guitarrist and bassist are great but that still dosnt drown out Haleys singing and the ussualy meaningless lyrics.Lady Gaga does not vary between 3 pueny notes her voice is quite good Ive heard her live and its just as AWSOME so you cant say its all editing.
Haileadorable211
Haileadorable211
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Thats smoky the cigar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/24/2010, 5:44 pm

I can actually feel blood surging through me in the heat of this argument, so I'm going to step out of this (seriously, my palms are sweating). It's like what many have said on MCR's debate that asks whether you prefer Disney or Emo. Gaga (I won't add a gender-related title so that doesn't get started) and Paramore are completely different styles. You call Gaga meaningful, I call Gaga drunk. You call Paramore screaming, I call Paramore music (and not just singing). You call Paramore meaningless, I call Paramore meaningful. You call Gaga a singer, I call Gaga lucky and only lucky. You call Gaga a girl, I call Gaga transgender. It's a matter of opinion over two completely different styles. Now, call me back when they collaborate on something, then I can put up an argument.

I'm thinking about asking some people about a nice way to say what I wanted to say, though. Maybe I'll return...
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/24/2010, 5:45 pm

Haileadorable211 wrote:
Mr. Gaga's defense
SHE ISNT A MAN!
Ok I hate Haley Williams singing it isnt just the loudness its that her singing sounds more like singing .Yeah i know their guitarrist and bassist are great but that still dosnt drown out Haleys singing and the ussualy meaningless lyrics.Lady Gaga does not vary between 3 pueny notes her voice is quite good Ive heard her live and its just as AWSOME so you cant say its all editing.

So you don't like singing that sounds like singing? You just dissed Lady Gaga in itself.

And two, How are Paramore's lyrics meaningless? Have you even listened?
Compare these two song's lyrics, and tell me which one sounds more meaningful?
http://www.metrolyrics.com/love-games-lyrics-lady-gaga.html
http://www.directlyrics.com/paramore-the-only-exception-lyrics.html
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Haileadorable211 7/24/2010, 5:53 pm

No I said Haley Williams singing sounds like shes talking.Yes i have listened to her music
I see that NEITHER has any meaning to me
you got 1 of lady gagas songs and compared it to 1 or paramores songs compare Misery Buissness Nothing else to say(or nothing left to say I forget tongue )
Haileadorable211
Haileadorable211
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Thats smoky the cigar

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 7/24/2010, 5:56 pm

I love Paramore - there's no denying that. I don't love them more then Owl City, but Paramore are about three on my favourite band list.
Now, Lady Gaga is good if you want a bit of a song to dance along to, but I agree with Cyn and Noah here with the fact that Paramore's lyrics and songs are a lot more meaningful and enjoyable, even though I only like one of their albums.

So my vote goes to Paramore. ^_^
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/24/2010, 5:57 pm

Haileadorable211 wrote:No I said Haley Williams singing sounds like shes talking.Yes i have listened to her music
you got 1 of lady gagas songs and compared it to 1 or paramores songs compare Misery Buissness Nothing else to say(or nothing left to say I forget tongue )

If you go back and loook you said 'her singing sounds like singing' and no, it does not sound like talking.
Exactly.
I'm going to bring in part of another thread to this.
You posted a picture of Lady Gaga, who it wasn't even showing her face, and said she never dresses in anything less then that. Thats one picture compared to the millions out there.

Misery Business is a song about how she was in love with a guy, another girl stole him, then broke up with him, then wanted to ruin their relationship.
You can find meaning - GOOD meaning - behind most of Paramores songs.

And the only Lady Gaga song I see that has any pretty good meaning behind it is Alejandro.
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 7/24/2010, 5:58 pm

Haileadorable211 wrote:No I said Haley Williams singing sounds like shes talking.Yes i have listened to her music

But you said (and I quote)
Haileadorable211 wrote:Ok I hate Haley Williams singing it isnt just the loudness its that her singing sounds more like singing
So I guess that's where everybody got confused.
In my opinion, I do think that Hayley William's has a really pretty singing voice, and that Paramore's songs have meaning.
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Smalltownwriter 7/24/2010, 6:05 pm

I am with you all the way!
Smalltownwriter
Smalltownwriter
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 155

http://nightowl2911.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/24/2010, 6:19 pm

Okay, I think I can say this without screaming in everybody's face. Let's see Cyn try.

The singing that sounds like singing thing was all a simple miscommunication, so I won't enter that subject.

Now, as for the rest of your post... Allow me to show you Paramore's most meaningless lyrics. Misery Business was witty, but the ones to Whoa are more straightforward.
Spoiler:
Allow me to show you the song that just might have the most meaning out of all of Gaga's songs: Alejandro.

Spoiler:

If you ask me, Gaga's most meaningful song is only higher than Paramore most meaningless song is because Gaga's shows how the main girl goes on and on pleading that their forbidden cheating must end. If Gaga's most powerful matches Paramore's least... Come on, that's got to say something.
(Also, I don't believe anyone should ever mix Spanish and English. Just... Ugh, I can't explain.)

Cyn out.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next