The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Gaga x Paramore

+8
Haileadorable211
Noah the Flood
conich
amrgirl
Cyn431
Dragon Lover
rattyjol
B
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lady Gaga x Paramore - Page 2 Empty Re: Lady Gaga x Paramore

Post by Haileadorable211 7/24/2010, 6:36 pm

Smalltownwriter wrote:
Haileadorable211 wrote:Lady Gaga im always in the mood for her but I sometimes get bored with the constant yelling of Haley Williams.
Lady Gaga makes music that I can dance too and Its good for anytime no matter how you feel.Her music has meaning and I think Paramore is a bunch of screaming
I am with you all the way!
sweeeeeeeeeetttttttttt cheers
Haileadorable211
Haileadorable211
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Lady Gaga x Paramore - Page 2 Siggy
Thats smoky the cigar

Female Posts : 1070

http://sweetshoplove.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/24/2010, 8:27 pm

Hey, Haile, you know you have a picture of Hayley Williams in your signature? You know, the girl you were just dissing completly?
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by Haileadorable211 7/24/2010, 8:29 pm

Yeah I was on iconator and I was looking for Lady Gaga but I say that this one is animated so I grabbed it
Haileadorable211
Haileadorable211
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Thats smoky the cigar

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/24/2010, 8:33 pm

Honestly, I love both of them. Granted, I probably know and have memorized more of Gaga's songs, although that doesn't mean I like Paramore any less. Like a lot of other people have said, there's really no way to compare the two. They're both so talented and incredibly different at the same time. I mean, I personally couldn't sit through Hayley's cover of Bad Romance, and I don't know how Lady Gaga would do at Misguided Ghosts.

Yes, Paramore's songs are meaningful and rather gorgeous, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Hayley's voice. I still enjoy their music, however. Gaga... well, I see her as beautiful, extremely talented, and inspirational. Her voice is absolutely amazing, as are her songs. Brown Eyes is one of the prettiest songs I've ever heard, and it's not like she sings about drugs or partying like other modern artists (-cough- Ketchup). Heck, she makes /fun/ of modern pop songs. Eh Eh or Beautiful Dirty Rich anyone?

Yeah, Poker Face is about doing it with someone other than your significant other. But I swear, that's a seriously creator song for something about /that/. If Ketchup wrote a song like that, I wouldn't even want to hear how it turns out.

I see no reason to call Gaga a man, but I'm not going to accuse Williams of screaming either - though I doubt she could pull it off like Oli Sykes can. I don't really have a favorite, I guess.

Eh, I'll stick with my paper gangster.

Last edited by Avé on 7/25/2010, 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : er. Grammar fails?)
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Haileadorable211 7/24/2010, 8:34 pm

Well said thats more then im willing to type LOL JK
Haileadorable211
Haileadorable211
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Thats smoky the cigar

Back to top Go down

Post by B 7/24/2010, 9:07 pm

Haileadorable211 wrote:Lady Gaga im always in the mood for her but I sometimes get bored with the constant yelling of Haley Williams.
Lady Gaga makes music that I can dance too and Its good for anytime no matter how you feel.Her music has meaning and I think Paramore is a bunch of screaming

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

I've never heard any Paramore songs screaming. Sure, some of them are loud. But they've always got meaning to them. Example, Misery Business. It's about teenagers and how they do things. It's loud, I agree with that. But never once have I heard Hayley going "AAAAAHHHHH!" or screaming a lyric in her songs.
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Haileadorable211 7/24/2010, 9:09 pm

When i mean screaming I mean singing(or in her case bassicly talking)VERY VERY VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY loudly
Haileadorable211
Haileadorable211
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Thats smoky the cigar

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah the Flood 7/24/2010, 9:13 pm

Haileadorable211 wrote:When i mean screaming I mean singing(or in her case bassicly talking)VERY VERY VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY loudly

You know, you are being very rude. Thats not screaming. Obviously, you need to get a dictionary and get a definition before classifing something as screaming.

Want to hear screaming? Search screamo music on youtube, and listen to some things that come up (Not saying that its bad music).

And NO. Hayley's singing is not just talking. If anything, the only singers I can think of that are basically talking are rappers (Nothing against rap, some songs are good).
Noah the Flood
Noah the Flood
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Male Posts : 10544

Back to top Go down

Post by B 7/24/2010, 9:17 pm

I know Hayley doesn't "talk" in her songs, unless it's in the lyrics or she accidentally talked. Have you even listened to RIOT! yet? That album is really good. And if she were talking, why does everything she "says" sound like a song? And why are the pitches different? And, like Noah pointed out earlier, why do you have a sig pic of Hayley if you're saying some harshly opinionated things about her?

And thank you,Noah, for backing me and the rest of us up. I very much appreciate it. Haile, you are being rude though. She's nowhere NEAR scream. Let me pull up a definition for you:

to shout or yell in anger, hysteria, etc.
*credit to Dictionary.com*

Now does THAT seem like scream now?
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/24/2010, 9:30 pm

Haileadorable211 wrote:Well said thats more then im willing to type LOL JK
Haha, thanks. (:
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy-Love 7/25/2010, 2:17 am

Paramore!!!
Mandy-Love
Mandy-Love
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

My mom thinks I'm cool...(:

So that means i AM pretty friggin amazing...

Lady Gaga x Paramore - Page 2 ?total=15000&sofar=7700&base=2
Female Posts : 4444

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 7/25/2010, 10:58 am

I'd comment again, but Noah and B have basically summed it all up. Smile
And even in the song Airplanes, try comparing Hayley's voice to the rapper's voice. And Hayley's voice is a little soft in that song, so...
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 7/25/2010, 12:30 pm

Just to add one thing to this - yes, Gaga's voice is edited in most of her songs. Is that a bad thing? Well, it shouldn't be. I don't see why people have problems with it. Her voice is absolutely gorgeous, and the effects just make it sound cooler. They're used to enhance. It's like taking this beautiful picture of, say, a flower, and editing it to add a few things and make it look even better. But no, of course it's not good, because it's... -looks around- fake. ._.

Now, take Dot Dot Curve for example. To be quite honest, Spanky sucks at singing. Yes, he's incredible at screaming, but if you look at the video of him doing Rocketship to the Moon acapela... oh dear. It's horrid. For their music, they edit their voices to make them sound decent, which isn't necessarily good. I could rant on and on about them being famous when they have no talent... that's not the point.

Avé wrote:Honestly, I love both of them. Granted, I probably know and have memorized more of Gaga's songs, although that doesn't mean I like Paramore any less. Like a lot of other people have said, there's really no way to compare the two. They're both so talented and incredibly different at the same time. I mean, I personally couldn't sit through Hayley's cover of Bad Romance, and I don't know how Lady Gaga would do at Misguided Ghosts.

Yes, Paramore's songs are meaningful and rather gorgeous, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Hayley's voice. I still enjoy their music, however. Gaga... well, I see her as beautiful, extremely talented, and inspirational. Her voice is absolutely amazing, as are her songs. Brown Eyes is one of the prettiest songs I've ever heard, and it's not like she sings about drugs or partying like other modern artists (-cough- Ketchup). Heck, she makes /fun/ of modern pop songs. Eh Eh or Beautiful Dirty Rich anyone?

Yeah, Poker Face is about doing it with someone other than your significant other. But I swear, that's a seriously creator song for something about /that/. If Ketchup wrote a song like that, I wouldn't even want to hear how it turns out.

I see no reason to call Gaga a man, but I'm not going to accuse Williams of screaming either - though I doubt she could pull it off like Oli Sykes can. I don't really have a favorite, I guess.

Eh, I'll stick with my paper gangster.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2