The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danielle's Old Stories!

2 posters

Go down

Danielle's Old Stories! Empty Danielle's Old Stories!

Post by twilighter3000 8/19/2009, 10:34 am

These are all my stories from a couple of years ago that I typed up on my computer! They're really bad though! lol!

Halloween Fright

One night on Halloween my friend the Black Cat, and I, the Hot Pink Witch were trick-or-treating. We had just got our first treat, a blood sickle.
“A shooting star”! I exclaimed. “I must make a wish! I wish I would get a super blood flavored sucker!” Hey aren’t those rare?” said the Black Cat. “Yeah they are” replied the Hot Pink Witch. “Man, I wish I saw the shooting star!” said the Black Cat. “Who knows, maybe you will next time,” said the Hot Pink Witch.
“Hey, what’s that over in the shadows?” cried the Black Cat. “I don’t know!” said the Hot Pink Witch. “Wait, it looks like a goblin!” I screamed. As the cackling goblin drew nearer he put his hand to his face and ripped it off!
I said to the Black Cat, “I guess because everyone is dressed up and it was a dark and starry night, we overreacted”. “Yeah, well we better turn in Hot Pink Witch. Good Night.”

Written by Danielle in 4th grade

The Big Move
My Personal Journal

It all happened in the month of October. The second Wednesday to be exact. My birthday. Hi, I’m Dylan Toss. My mom was trying to find a suitable new house for us in Ontario. But if she couldn’t find one there she’s going to look in Saskatchewan. I can’t even pronounce the name! My dad wanted a change of scenery. So, we’re moving.
One week later…
“Honey, you won’t believe it”! “I finally found us a house”! My mom said excitedly. “Where”? I said nervously. “Manitoba”. My mom replied. “Manitoba”?! I said incredulously. “That wasn’t even one of the choices”! Mom said, “ I know but I was just looking and I fell in love with the house”! “It better not be pink”. I grumbled.
Moving Day… and my Birthday!
“ Happy birthday”! My parents said when I woke up. “The moving truck is already here so get dressed and start loading”. They said cheerfully. When I got dressed instead of helping load up the truck I went around the neighborhood that I had lived in for the last 5 out of 11 years of my life. I went past my neighbor’s house where the little boy’s broken bike was parked. Then I passed the park where I have most of my memories. I knocked out two teeth when I fell of the monkey bars at age 7. Ahhh, the memories.
As soon as I got back to the house my parents said, “we have a present for you dear”. I opened the box and there sat a scrapbook of all the memorable things that happened while I lived here. Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked through the pictures. “ Thank you Mom and Dad”. I said thickly.
The Road…
10-11-07
We were somewhere in British Columbia on our way to Manitoba.
10-14-07
Mom said we were closer to where we were headed. It could be awhile.
Questions…
One day I asked my dad if we’re going to live by Nova Scotia. He said no we’re not. I was disappointed because all of my old friends kept on saying Nova Scotia is so cool.
Almost there…
My mom said that we would be to our house tomorrow afternoon. I really hope the house isn’t pink!
One Hour…
We’re almost there!
The House…
We’re here! And the house isn’t pink! I’ll write more later!
Living in the New House…
It is nighttime now and I’m sleeping in my own soft, comfortable bed. My bedroom is almost as big as my parents. Now that’s living the suite life!
New School…
My mom enrolled me in a new school called Hamilton Middle School. I start tomorrow, I’m nervous!
School Starts…
I went to my new classroom and saw complete chaos! When I tentatively stepped into the classroom a boy around my age came up to me and asked what my name is. I stuttered, “ Dylan Toss”. The boy said, “ I’m Justin”. “ Are you new here”? “ Yes I am”. I said. “ Will you be friends with me”? Justin asked. “ Of course”. I replied. We played all during recess together then he came to my house after school. That showed me although I moved I could still make new friends. That’s my personal journey of the big move of my life!

Written by Danielle in 6th grade, for svocabulary assignment

The Case

“Help!” I hear Mrs. Vantrusen scream, the sound piercing the calm day. Birds of all color fluttered in confusion. I, Danielle, and my partner Dan ran towards Mr. And Mrs. Vantrusen’s house. I ran faster than ever, my bright blue eyes filled with worry and my shoulder-length brown hair flying behind me. Next to me I could see Dan’s dark green eyes flashing with wonderment and brown hair all spiky from the wind. “Help!” I heard her scream again.

“Mrs. Vantrusen, what’s the matter?” I said bursting in the door sending it back and forth. “Oh, oh, oh” she sobbed. “Someone broke into our house when we went to Robberroys friend’s house”. “We were going to see if Robberroy was ready to come home and Danny and Robberroy weren’t home and his parents said that they were out!” she said all in one breath. “Hmmm” Dan said, thinking hard. “May we look through your house?”, he said thoughtfully. “Sure”, Mrs. Vantrusen said, still upset. As we looked through the house we noticed that only a few valuable things had been stolen. Another thing we noticed as we went upstairs is that Robberroys room looked normal, still full of sports things. “The person must have had to do this fairly quickly because Danny’s house is about 10 minutes away”, I said. “Did you lock up the house before you left?” Dan inquired. “Yes”, she said, calming down a little bit. “May we take a look at the front door?” Dan asked. This time it was Mr. Vantrusen who answered making us start, [we’d almost forgot he was there]. “Thank you, Mr. Vantrusen”, I said. Dan and I hurried to the front.

Dan Started inspecting the front door. “Weird”, he muttered. “What is it, Dan?” I asked. “Look for yourself Danielle”. I bent down. I stared at the lock. It had no signs of damage on it. “Maybe he picked the lock?” I suggested hesitantly. “No way, they wouldn’t have time” Dan replied. “Hmmm” I mumbled, thinking about our case. “Bye”! I yelled to Mr. And Mrs. Vantrusen. As we were walking back down the driveway I stopped and whirled around. I ran back u the driveway and stuck on the wire screen on the door in the corner was something small and red, white and blue. I tugged at it. Dan called, “What are you doing?” I didn’t answer. Finally it came loose! Sure enough it had the name Robberroy on it, and as I looked it over my hand traveled to a clasp. It opened and on the inside there were two notes. One read:

Dear Robberroy,
Happy fifteenth birthday. We love you.
Love, Mom and Dad

The other note said:

Yo, Robberroy, good luck with the robbery!
Danny
I gasped. “Dan”! I called urgently. He hurried over. “What”? He asked. “Look”. I showed him the locket. His jaw dropped. “Well, it look’s like we’ve got our guy”. Dan said grimly. We hurried back inside the house. “Mrs. Vantrusen”! Mr. Vantrusen”! We know who robbed your house”! Who”? Said Mr. Vantrusen. Dan and I looked at each other. “Robberoy”. We said in unison. Mrs. Vantrusen went ghostly white. “No”. Mrs. Vantrusen said. “It can’t be”! I saw Mr. Vantrusen go a shade paler. “It is”. Dan said firmly. “It’s okay”. I said comforting Mrs. Vantrusen who was sobbing uncontrollably.
“Gotcha”! Dan and I said panting and gasping for breath. Dan and I had been looking for Robberoy all afternoon on foot. Mr. And Mrs. Vantrusen pulled up in the car behind us. I whipped out my mom’s cell phone and dialed the police. “Sir, we’ve got a criminal here at…
Robberoy, being only 15-years-old was sent to Juvenile Hall. “Looks like you’ll be here for a long time”. Dan said.

Written by Danielle in 5th grade, mystery story assignment

To Chase Your Dreams…
Based on a real story.
A book about how I went through a number of Spelling Bees.

Hi! I’m Danielle and I’m going to tell you all about my experience in the Class, School, District and Regional Spelling Bees. Let’s go back and start at the beginning.
It was the end of the school day and my teacher; Mr. Lyman had an announcement to make. “ All students interested in participating in the School Spelling Bee please come and get a word sheet to study.” My friends and I were totally psyched about it! One of my friends, having won last years grade Spelling Bee, [4th grade] was almost as excited as I was. Right then the school bell rang and I raced to the school bus to go home. When I got home I told my mom about the School Spelling Bee. My mom said that she would help me study if I needed it. So for the first couple of days everything was kind of laid back and easy going.
A couple days later Mr. Lyman said that we were going to have a class Spelling Bee [actually it was between my class and another class] to see who was going to be in the School Bee. We all had to stand in a circle and Mr. Lyman would ask us random words out of our Spelling Books. Round after round went by and I was still left. I was so nervous, there were six of us left and they were going to take the top 5 into the School Bee. But then someone got out; I had made it into the Spelling Bee! Then they figured out who were the alternates while I and the other 4 signed our name on a sheet of paper.
I was so excited to have made it! As soon as the school bell rang I got on the bus and went home. I quickly dialed my mom’s work number and told her the great news.
So after that we studied like crazy until I had practically memorized the whole packet of words. There were TONS of different languages!
Finally, this was the day; it was the School Spelling Bee! It felt like I had dinosaurs hopping around in my stomach! Earlier that week we had picked numbers from a hat to determine our order for the Bee. I had picked number 7; I was in the front row!
First we did a practice round to show everyone what to do. A lot of people missed those words!
I did it! I had made it to the final 3! I was totally freaking out but the guy next to me helped me relax a little. I was now second to go. The guy in front of me spelled his word, “ I’m sorry that is incorrect”. He went to sit down, I felt really sorry for him. Now it was my turn to spell a word. I could see my mom crying in the audience. He gave me the word and I spelled it right! The crowd was hushed and excited; if he spelled this wrong I would have a chance to win the Spelling Bee. “I’m sorry that is incorrect”. The crowd was dead quiet. “ Danielle, if you spell this word correctly you will have one the School Spelling Bee”. Not knowing that my microphone was right there I said to myself, [or so I thought] “okay, no pressure”. And it went right into the microphone! That broke the tenseness that had settled into the room as everybody laughed. “ Danielle your word is Regatta”. My mind went momentarily blank as I repeated, “ Regatta”. Then I remembered it. “Regatta”. “R-e-g-a-t-t-a”. “That is correct”. The crowd went wild!
After that I went to my mom and I had to show her to the bathrooms because she was crying so hard. When we walked back in the room everyone turned and stared. As I sat down I whispered to my friend, “ why is everyone staring”? She whispered back, “ Because you won”. Oh, duh! Then we sat and waited for the second place winner.
I saw a couple of people go up, and then I saw this one girl go for second place. “ Your word is Poi ”. After a couple of seconds she through up her hands and spelled poi. “ Poi, P-o-i”? “ That is correct”. The pronouncer said, smiling. “ We have our two winners, both from 5th grade”.
We each got a t-shirt saying the Spelling Bee and the sponsors and a nice little packet with same spelling words plus challenge words. We also got our picture taken for the Byron Center Schools Paper. Everybody was coming up and congratulating me and the other girl, Sydney.

Written by Danielle in 6th grade

Christmas Story

“It’s Christmas Eve”. Said I, Gabby, age 11. “Yeah”! Said Ben who was 5, and didn’t understand that we couldn’t have stuff like the people in the hand me down books my mom read to him. We were having our Christmas Eve supper, Bread with jelly and water. Tomorrow we would be having our Christmas supper, bread with jelly and each one small piece of ham with milk. We only got ham once a year, on Christmas. We don’t even celebrate Thanksgiving. Ben was stuffing himself to death and sounding like a cow. “Ben, at least try to act polite”. I said exasperated. “Sorry”. Ben said with his mouth full. “Ben we do not act like that at the table”. “Sorry Mom”. Ben mumbled sheepishly.

“Go to bed now Ben”. Dad said. Ben knew better than to complain. “Yes Dad”. He said. It was 1 hour after sundown. [8:00]. I didn’t go to bed until 2 hours after sundown. [9:00]. He went to the pile of blankets that was our bed that we shared.
In moments he was asleep. I knew that he was wishing and wishing Santa would come this year. Santa has never come to our house before. I think it’s because we’re too poor and Santa forgot about us. Then Ben murmured in his sleep, ”Santa, Santa, please come this year Santa”…

An hour later I went to bed next to Ben. I was exhausted after cleaning up the house. I soon fell asleep.

I woke up in the morning indifferent from any other morning. Until I looked next to our bucket of water. “Mom, Dad, Ben”! “Santa was here”! Ben woke up. “Mom look, presents”! “We got presents”! I almost fainted from excitement. “Oh-my-gosh! I gasped. “Presents”. Dad just stared in amazement. “Well, open them”. Mom said still in awe.

“Mom there’s a present in here for you too”. I said. “You too Dad”. Ben said. Ben started to rip open his biggest present. As I went for the one closest to me. Ben got his present open. “It’s a scooter”! He yelled. I opened mine. “Oh, what a beautiful top”. I said as I unwrapped a brown V necked shirt. Mom exclaimed,” Oh my”. And we turned and looked at her. “Look at this present”! It was HUGE! “Open it”. We urged. It’s addressed to all of us”. Mom said. We all dug into the paper. “It’s a chair”! Mom said. A chair we echoed back. It was a chair. A big one too.

We all ripped our presents open and I got some more clothes and hair accessories and three chapter books and even two pennies! Ben got some toy cars and some clothes and two whole pennies too and three picture books! Mom got an apron, a basket of warm loafs of bread, three cookbooks and a fancy tea set plus five pennies. Dad got five pennies, a screwdriver, a suit, and bunch of corn and peas and beans to plant and three How to Plant a Good Stock books. That was the best Christmas ever!

Written by Danielle in 6th grade, Christmas present for parents
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Danielle's Old Stories! Empty Re: Danielle's Old Stories!

Post by shadowsowner888 8/19/2009, 11:12 am

Lawl, nice job! xD These stories are cute. Hallelujah is definitely your best story, though. Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Danielle's Old Stories! 1312Danielle's Old Stories! 2412Danielle's Old Stories! 3349Danielle's Old Stories! 3548Danielle's Old Stories! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 8/19/2009, 11:41 am

Thanks! lol! I'd hope so, these other ones were all like for class!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/19/2009, 11:48 am

Haha, yeah. I do better when it's not for school, too. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Danielle's Old Stories! 1312Danielle's Old Stories! 2412Danielle's Old Stories! 3349Danielle's Old Stories! 3548Danielle's Old Stories! 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 8/19/2009, 11:56 am

Yeah, the one about Dylan and moving was for a vocabulary assignment, where we had to use certain words and stuff...
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/19/2009, 12:00 pm

I see. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 8/19/2009, 12:48 pm

Ya... And there was a length requirement! lol! Cuz I had to read it in front of the class, which I hated doing...
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/20/2009, 9:02 am

o.0 Whoo.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 8/20/2009, 10:22 am

Yup... Apparently you're the only one nice enough to comment on my horrible stories without being banned---Cuz no one else is commenting!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/20/2009, 10:33 am

Lawl, idk. xD Maybe people are just in a rush.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 8/20/2009, 10:44 am

Well, that sounds better, so I'll go with that! lol!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down