The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods.

+5
Komoda
Jesus4Eternity
Arianna
Jade
Jinx
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mods. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mods.

Post by Jinx 11/11/2009, 7:31 am

Terribly so.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 11/11/2009, 8:04 am

Well, not exactly.

Do we discuss stuff in our Mod Office? (and yes, that is what it is called. PM me for more info about "The Mod Pentagon" xD)
Yes.

But it's important stuff that we must discuss. For example, whether we should close a section, censor/decensor a word (currently happening. xD), any issues with members (none going on! Yay! Smile), any new lightbulbs we need to check out, ect. And do you really want us to discuss how Bob (random name) is swearing and how we need to ban him in the open forum. We kinda need a place where y'all can't see. Smile
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Mods. - Page 2 Siggy
Mods. - Page 2 SiggyMods. - Page 2 Siggy
Mods. - Page 2 SiggyMods. - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 11/11/2009, 8:43 am

Okay, Akeria needs to put her opinion in. Not that it'll mean much... But whatever.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of electing mods. I'm not being conceded, but I think I'm pretty good at my job as being a mod, even if I don't get to correct a billion people. However, I look at elections like a popularity contest, and as it stands right now, I'm not all that popular.

But that's just me.

And also, as for the mod's voting on everything, we didn't used to. To be honest, the old system was much worse. It was just Shadow and a handful of people who said yes on the lightbulb. If a mod, or anyone missed it, their voice and opinion wasn't heard. So, I asked for the new system. Yeah, I'm going to admit it. And it took a while to put it into place, but the Mod's have a section where we can vote and discuss important issues.

However, you can do whatever you want. If you're going to elect mods, I have a feeling that I would lose. And I'd just have to be okay with that, because apparently the population doesn't like me as much as Shadow and the Mods do.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 11/11/2009, 11:25 am

I think the idea would be to elect new mods in addition to the current ones, Keri. I'd probably leave the site if people decided to elect new ones and leave out the old ones.

No, but seriously - I don't have much of a say here (and I'm fine with that) but if it was my choice, I wouldn't have it so this mod voting system would be there. It's not our job to decide and I'm not in for a popularity contest.

But if this system is approved by all of the mods or something, and you use it. Well, then I think it will be unfair. But that's just me, mind you. I just... I don't think that the members of this site would /really/ know who is the most helpful. xP
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Mods. - Page 2 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 11/11/2009, 11:34 am

Jesus4Eternity wrote:Well, not exactly.

Do we discuss stuff in our Mod Office? (and yes, that is what it is called. PM me for more info about "The Mod Pentagon" xD)
Yes.

But it's important stuff that we must discuss. For example, whether we should close a section, censor/decensor a word (currently happening. xD), any issues with members (none going on! Yay! Smile), any new lightbulbs we need to check out, ect. And do you really want us to discuss how Bob (random name) is swearing and how we need to ban him in the open forum. We kinda need a place where y'all can't see. Smile
Aha! I knew it. XP And don't you guys have a lounge, too? (Don't ask how I know these things. Lol.)

Oh, I see. Now The Pentagon makes sense XP. Because, PMs wouldn't work because it's not like you guys can discuss it all together. Now I understand the purpose of all your secret little places... Twisted Evil

Akeria wrote:Okay, Akeria needs to put her opinion in. Not that it'll mean much... But whatever.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of electing mods. I'm not being conceded, but I think I'm pretty good at my job as being a mod, even if I don't get to correct a billion people. However, I look at elections like a popularity contest, and as it stands right now, I'm not all that popular.

But that's just me.

And also, as for the mod's voting on everything, we didn't used to. To be honest, the old system was much worse. It was just Shadow and a handful of people who said yes on the lightbulb. If a mod, or anyone missed it, their voice and opinion wasn't heard. So, I asked for the new system. Yeah, I'm going to admit it. And it took a while to put it into place, but the Mod's have a section where we can vote and discuss important issues.

However, you can do whatever you want. If you're going to elect mods, I have a feeling that I would lose. And I'd just have to be okay with that, because apparently the population doesn't like me as much as Shadow and the Mods do.

I think your opinion matters, Akeria! And what are you talking about!? Of course we like you! Why would you think that only Shadow and the mods like you?

Ah, now I'm starting to understand. nod I think it's a good idea to have a private section for you guys to vote and stuff, because it's pretty important for all the mods to have their say, seeing how you guys are generally more mature and wise about certain issues. Not saying that we don't have mature and wise regular members, but you guys were chosen for your position specifically because you could handle these kinds of issues.

But if we did have elections for whatever reason, it wouldn't be to replace you mods. It would be to get another mod. nod We would never vote out a mod... Because you guys are all doing a wonderful job. And I think it's a good mix, because some are neutral, some are strict, and some are pretty easy going. So that way, we have a good balance and can get all the different opinions. nod

Arianna wrote:I think the idea would be to elect new mods in addition to the current ones, Keri. I'd probably leave the site if people decided to elect new ones and leave out the old ones.

No, but seriously - I don't have much of a say here (and I'm fine with that) but if it was my choice, I wouldn't have it so this mod voting system would be there. It's not our job to decide and I'm not in for a popularity contest.

But if this system is approved by all of the mods or something, and you use it. Well, then I think it will be unfair. But that's just me, mind you. I just... I don't think that the members of this site would /really/ know who is the most helpful. xP
I can see what you mean, Arianna. I think a few people would know who's the most helpful, though. But then again, that's just a few. XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 11/11/2009, 2:14 pm

Akeria wrote:Okay, Akeria needs to put her opinion in. Not that it'll mean much... But whatever.

But that's just me.

*Hugs Keri* Aw, come on, Keri we all like you!! Very Happy

I get what you mean though, I don't like things were it's just a popularity contest Razz
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 11/11/2009, 4:09 pm

I wouldnt've treated it as such, but I guess that's me stereotyping others as being like myself.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 11/11/2009, 10:16 pm

But that's just me.

Aww, Keri. That's not true! Your opinions so matter. (Especially cus you're way more mature than I am. xP I mean it.)

Well, besides what I've already had stuff to say about, I'm left with the stuff about "the system" to comment on. nod So, well, it was an awesome idea. I do like it much better this way, even if it is a little more work. Cus it's not that much, and the mod approval codes are fun. xD

Dang it, though. xD Now the mods' private little place isn't a secret . . .

Lol, not like it matters much. But yah, it's so we have a place to discuss issues in private. It works way better than the way I was originally doing it, where I got everyone to PM me and drew a conclusion from that. xP
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Mods. - Page 2 1312Mods. - Page 2 2412Mods. - Page 2 3349Mods. - Page 2 3548Mods. - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 11/12/2009, 9:25 pm

Well, it really doesn't need to be a secret...

And also, we have it so we can discuss fun things that are coming; activities and other things that would be entertaining for you guys. Very Happy They shall remain secret for the time being, however.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 11/15/2009, 3:20 pm

I know. xD

Oh yes, the activities! smug
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Mods. - Page 2 1312Mods. - Page 2 2412Mods. - Page 2 3349Mods. - Page 2 3548Mods. - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 12/4/2009, 7:52 pm

It's like, you mods are FBI agents. And your little secret section in the forums where you have your little top secret discussions (yes, I know about it... ) is like The Pentagon or something. I don't even know what The Pentagon really is, but it sounds cool... XP

I rather like the sound of that! And the Pentagon is like the headquarters for like some defense orginization or something involved with the U.S. government. I figured that out last night during Apples to Apples.

I'm just gonna say that I like things the way they are now. Besides, are there really that many users fed up with our power? I bet at least the majority isn't.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2