The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MoonFire *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09 (It's on the third post, first page)

+7
iGrievous
Jesus4Eternity
PugsRock
Nightowl
twilighter3000
shadowsowner888
SomeoneSpeical08
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) Empty MoonFire *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09 (It's on the third post, first page)

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 6/8/2009, 1:38 pm

Maturity: Crush, argueing, a wild wolf
Fantasy: So far, possible werewolf, a wolf that knows what people are talking about

MoonFire

~Preface~
She would lie in her small hammock attached to the tall maple trees, and look up at the clear blue summer sky. Without any fear or fret over what might happen to her in the future. It didn't matter what crossed her mind then. When she could think for herself. And only for herself, because the rest of the world wasn't her problem. She could be alone, and in peace. With her imagination flowing freely around her.
She was young and had no worries. No problem in the economy or serious world events startled her in the least. It was life. Things were going to happen. Nothing at all bothered her while she was in the woods.
It was her own world. She chose the time, area, and creatures for herself. Her friends didn’t mind this childish behavior. They played along with her. Pretending to see and hear other people and animals. But her imagination flowed farther into an unknown world in the woods. Everyone knew she didn't see them really. They were just the little images she chose to see. She knew that they weren't real, too. They were what she came up with. She knew what reality really was. She experienced it. Learned it. Saw it. And knew it.
But that was then. Not the same as now. And it'll never be the same. Not anymore. Not ever again. Not with everything going on now.

~One~
“Amaya?” Amarissa called, scanning the forest. Looking behind every tree the small girl could possibly be behind. “Where are you?”
She smiled, remembering that Amaya had always loved to hide while Amarissa sat in the hammock to daydream. Which she knew she did very often. She always had, ever since she was little.
After a while of searching, she sighed and gave up. She’ll show up, she thought to herself as she sat down beside a large pine tree. The sap seeped onto her sun dress, but she didn’t mind. She would clean it off in the pond later.
She twiddled her fingers for a moment before glancing up to see someone sitting across from her.
I knew I felt like someone was watching me,” she thought.
“Um, hello?” she murmured cautiously, looking over the boy. He wore blue jean shorts and a torn sleeveless black tee shirt. His light brown hair messily covered his glossy blue eyes.
A low rumble rose from his chest. Somewhat like a dog’s growl.
Startled for the first time ever (in the woods anyway), Amarissa pressed her back and hands to the tree, ready to run if needed. She let out a low shriek when he narrowed his eyes at her.
“Amarissa?!” Amaya yelled in her child-like voice. She had a worried expression on her face as she clutched a branch from the middle of a tall apple tree.
Amarissa nodded slightly, watching the small girl climb down to the bottom.
The boy glanced over his shoulder to look at Amaya. He let out another low growl, this one sounding more like a sigh, before running out of the small clearing.
“Who was that?” she asked, helping Amarissa to her feet. “He was mighty cute,” she nodded, raising her eyebrows a little.
“I’m not sure,” Amarissa admitted calmly. “He just sort of appeared.”
“Hmm, weird, strange, other synonyms for odd,” Amaya said playfully, rubbing her chin.
“Very,” she agreed with a nod. “Come on.”
“Wait! Where?” the small girl asked, following her friend out of the clearing.
“I want to see if Aaran saw him by any chance. He ran straight toward the house anyway,” Amarissa replied.
Amaya shrugged and continued to follow, occasionally getting distracted by a passing butterfly.
“Amaya, come on!” Amarissa groaned, dragging the girl away from a small frog.
“No! Kiki! Wait!” she struggled, trying to get back to the frog.
“You’ve only known it for a minute. You’ll live,” she said with a roll of her eyes.
“Oh, let her see the frog,” Aaran chuckled, climbing down the ladder of their tree house.
“Yay! Aaran!” Amaya yelled, picking up the frog and cupping it in her hands. She made sure it couldn’t get out before going to show her brother.
“Hey, I didn’t think we were that close,” Amarissa whispered to herself prior to walking over too. “Well she’s been fussing over every little bug and animal on the way here.”
“She gets distracted easy, you know that.”
“I know…” she sighed.
“Amarissa almost got eaten by a wolf person man today,” Amaya announced, stroking the frog’s back. It quickly leaped out of her hand, resulting in a short chase until she caught it again. “Stay, Kiki,” she scolded as she climbed up the ladder with “Kiki.”
“Wolf person man?” Aaran queried, looking to Amarissa for an explanation.
“It was a boy. But he… growled at me I guess,” she shrugged. “Brown hair, black shirt, jean shorts. Have you seen him?”
Aaran shook his head. “I can’t say that I have. The only person I’ve seen back here was you.”
“And Amaya,” Amarissa added.
“Oh, she’s a person? She surely doesn’t act like one,” he joked.
“Be nice, she’s little. And your sister.”
“People are still little when they’re eleven?”
Giving up, Amarissa smiled and shook her head. She then walked around him and climbed up the ladder to the tree house.
The inside of the “house” looked more like a small apartment home than a tree house. There were two sleeping bags in one corner for Amarissa and Amaya. Then another in the opposite corner for Aaran. There was a small couch along the right wall. Beside it was a tree stump with a portable FM radio on it. On the left wall was a long box full or silverware, plates, cups, bowls, and other objects you might find in an average kitchen. Next to it was a plastic bin of various fruits and vegetables. On the South wall was the door and more, smaller, boxes. These had clothes, towels, and rags inside of them. By the North wall, there were two silver bicycles. One for Amarissa. One for Aaran. Amaya had told Aaran that she, “would rather walk than ride one of those stupid metal contraptions!” So he hadn’t gotten one for her. Beside the bikes was a fish tank with grass and dirt lining the bottom for Amaya’s various so-called “pets.” Though Amarissa usually let them go outside while Amaya was sleeping.
“Kiki is happy now,” Amaya smiled, just closing the lid of the tank as Amarissa and Aaran walked in. “She found a trapped fly in the clear box and gobbled it down. She said it was mighty yummy,” She giggled, playing out the scene with her hands.
“Okay?” Amarissa said, pulling an apple out of the bin and biting into it. “That’s pleasant.”
“Isn’t it?” Amaya replied sweetly.
“You’re going to have to get more flies for Kiki if you want her to live,” Aaran said, remembering what had happened to his sister’s last frog.
“I know. I know,” she muttered directly after he finished speaking. “Frank ran away,” she said, making air quotes around “ran away.”
“Yeah… Now back to the whole ‘wolf guy’ thing. Are you sure it wasn’t just your imagination again? Seriously, this sounds a lot like that Turtle Man you talked about last time. That stole your… hat?” Aaran questioned while he cleaned up what was left from breakfast.
“Shoe. But really, I’m not seeing things this time!” she argued. “Amaya, you saw him too, right?”
“I could’ve. But I might’ve been mistaken,” she shrugged. “You do see things quite often,” she said before trying to catch a fly that was running into the window.
“Ugh, fine. Don’t believe me. I’ll just go and look myself. Hand me my camera,” Amarissa sighed angrily.
Aaran tossed her the camera and watched her walk out. “Do you think she’ll find the guy?” he asked Amaya.
“Nah. But if she does, I give her good luck on using that camera.”
“Why is that?”
“I don’t know. But the battery isn’t in it. I used it to play hockey. I used a fork for the stick, and the battery was the puck,” she shrugged, playing with the battery and the fork again.
“Of course you did,” Aaran mumbled, shaking his head.

Last edited by SomeoneSpeical08 on 6/17/2009, 10:58 pm; edited 6 times in total
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 187

Back to top Go down

MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) Empty Re: MoonFire *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09 (It's on the third post, first page)

Post by shadowsowner888 6/8/2009, 1:49 pm

I like it so far! =3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) 1312MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) 2412MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) 3349MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) 3548MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) Empty Re: MoonFire *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09 (It's on the third post, first page)

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 6/8/2009, 1:52 pm

~Two~
Amarissa crawled down the ladder, not hearing what her little "friend" had said about the battery. She wanted to avoid Amaya for now so that she could calm down and figure out what this boy wanted. If he had even wanted anything.

Why had he just appeared in front of her? Did he actually want something? Where had he come from? Did he know she was even there?

All the questions that couldn't be answered until she found him.

But how would she find him? He had run away. And rather quickly.

Faster than any normal human.

After walking quite a while into the forest, and getting no where in particular, Amarissa took a short break to try and come up with some answers.

One that would be the easiest to answer: Why did Amaya lie and tell Aaran that she hadn't seen the boy? She had even told Amarissa that she thought he was cute.

A piercing howl filled the silence. Another drowned out Amarissa's thoughts.

It didn't sound like any average wolf. The howl was deeper; like it was coming from something larger than a wolf.

She jumped up, looked around, and then ran in the direction of the sound.

What could have made that? I don't remember any wolves ever being back here. She thought quickly before hearing a rustling noise in a nearby bush.

She stopped, dead in her tracks. She tried not to make a sound as she impatiently waited.

After another deafening howl, she threw a stick at the bush. She knew that the howl couldn't have come from the plant. It sounded way too far away for that.

The bush rustled yet again, making her take a step back.

"Growl!" Amaya yelled, jumping out of the shrub. "Find the boy yet?"

"Amaya! Don't do that to me!" Amarissa yelled, pushing the girl away a little. "But no. I didn't," she said after her breathing steadied.

"Sorry, but Aaran wanted me to make sure you didn't get lost or something."

"So you hid in a bush." It wasn't a question.

"Yep, I did. Easiest way to keep an eye on you. And I know you're mad at me for not telling the truth," she said, lowering her head. She knew that it wasn't right now that she actually considered it.

"I am," Amarissa said flatly, crossing her arms.

"Well, let's go find the wolf person man!" she said, marching farther into the forest.

The farther they got, the denser the woods became. Almost as to where they had to squeeze under branches and between trees.

"Are we there yet?" Amaya whined, plopping herself down in a small patch of grass.

"Considering I have no idea where we're going, I don't know," Amarissa replied, moving along quickly.

"Howl doggy! Howl!" the girl yelled.

Simultaneously, a howl echoed through the forest.

Amaya smiled and hopped to her feet. "It listened! It listened!" she yelled, running where she thought the sound came from.

"Amaya wait! This way!" Amarissa laughed, running in the correct direction.

"Woops," she giggled, following Amarissa.

The forest cleared up some, showing less and less trees.

A large hill sat on the opposite side of the girls. It was covered in lush grass, many clovers, and a small buttercup here and there.

There was one more booming howl before Amaya pointed to the top of the hill.

Atop it sat a huge wolf. Its light brown fur swayed in the light wind. It was somewhat long and shaggy. The wolf’s ears were erect, listening to the two girls as they backed up. The thin black line seemed to get thinner when the wolf narrowed his bright blue eyes.

"Is he owned?" Amaya whispered, nodding to the grey collar and blue bandana around his neck.

"I'm not sure," Amarissa replied with a shrug.

Hearing them, the wolf stood up and let out a deep growl.

"It's okay, Mr. Wolf," Amaya said after a moment. She stepped forward, watching him.

"Mister?" her friend asked, setting her hand on Amaya's shoulder to keep her back.

"Just a feeling." She shrugged off the hand and continued forward.

The wolf took one step down the hill. Rather calmly at that.

"We aren't gonna hurt you or anything," she smiled, sitting down in the grass a little farther away from the hill.

He nodded, proceeding forward.

"Wow, you're huge," Amaya whispered. The wolf had to be at least three and a half feet tall at the shoulders.

It growled again, though it sounded somewhat like a chuckle.

It sat down about two feet in from of her and sniffed the air. Seeing no threat, it let it's long pink tongue loll out of it's mouth.

She giggled and reached her hand out to tap his pitch black nose.

He licked it once, and then showed her a canine smile. Almost like a human. Even though it was obvious that he wasn't.

Amarissa watched from behind a tree, ready to run to Amaya's side if it was needed. She was never fond of canines and didn't trust them. Especially wolves.

"Careful, Amaya." She spoke quietly, not wanting to gather much attention from the wolf.

The girl nodded, slowly extending her hand out to pat the canine's head. His fur was soft and smooth.

It closed its eyes, enjoying her gentle scratches and pats. Watching Amarissa for a moment, it let out a low growl. Feeling that Amaya had stopped petting him, he licked her face. He chuckled himself when he heard her light giggle. He slowly moved her hand away with his muzzle and rolled over onto his back. To show her he wanted his stomach rubbed, he lightly poked her bare knee with his cold, damp nose.

Amaya laughed as she gently smoothed down a couple loose hairs on the wolf's coat. He was really tame, or at least it seemed that way. She twisted his collar and bandana around to wear she liked it before noticing a dog tag clipped to a hook on one.

"D. M. H.?" She read the initials and looked at the wolf. He had already stood up, towering over her. "So you are owned?"

He bared one single canine tooth and shook his head. Before she could say anything else, he darted into the woods.

"That was...weird," Amarissa said coming up behind Amaya and helping her up. "It was kind of like he knew what you said exactly."

"Seemed like it. Well, now we'll have to figure out the mystery of the wolf person man, and the human wolf."

"C'mon. Let's just go home. It's going to get dark soon," Amarissa sighed, walking back out of the tiny clearing.

"A wolf that knew what you said?" Aaran queried. He didn’t understand the story about the wolf. Especially since Amaya was the one that had tried to explain it.

"Yep," she nodded, picking the skin off of a juicy purple grape.

"That doesn't give me much detail... We'll have to find it sometime," he suggested as he slipped a white t-shirt over his head. "And this 'wolf boy' you talked about Amarissa, did you find him?"

"No, only that wolf. Though we searched for quite a while. But I do have a plan. After breakfast tomorrow, all three of us can go out and search for both of them. Maybe they're together or something. Like, the boy could be his owner. There were initials on the dog tag. Right, Amaya?" Amarissa said, planning out the day in her head.

"Yeah, D. M. H.," she nodded. She plopped another skinned grape into her mouth.

"Well that could be the boy's initials. Maybe if we find the wolf again, it could lead us to the boy. Perhaps if we followed him in secret or something."

"It could work, Amarissa. But I wouldn't get your hopes up. What are the chances of it anyway?" Aaran shrugged. He wasn't too sure of the plan.

"I surely would like to see the wolf again," Amaya smiled, patting her brother on the head like he was the wolf.

"I mean really, we don't even know if the boy is even real yet. You're the only one who saw him."

"But I'm positive I saw him," Amarissa disagreed. "And you never know. It's a possibility and I want to figure it out.”

“We’ll look. Right after breakfast. Amaya, no sleeping in tomorrow,” Aaran nodded.

“Do I have to get up early? Why can’t you carry me until I decide I want to be awake? It’d be much easier for me that way,” she complained, flopping over onto her sleeping bag and shoving her face into her pillow.

“Yes, if you want to see the wolf you have to,” Amarissa nodded, pulling her long hair into a loose pony tail.

“Want… to… see… wolf…” she breathed, pretending to already be asleep.

Last edited by SomeoneSpeical08 on 6/17/2009, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/8/2009, 1:56 pm

Sounds awesome! Can't wait until you write more! Very Happy
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 6/8/2009, 2:12 pm

Thanks! Smile
Chapter one i have started, but not very far....Razz
Stupid WB
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/8/2009, 2:25 pm

I know, I had writer's block for like a whole month, and then it started to go away, but I couldn't write because of exams! lol! Thank goodness it's Summer!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 6/8/2009, 6:16 pm

I like it so far. Great job. Smile It's very descriptive and sort of haunting.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/8/2009, 6:27 pm

I liked it from the first sentence. Smile I hope your writers block goes away quickly.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/8/2009, 6:33 pm

Wow is all I can say.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) Siggy
MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) SiggyMoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) Siggy
MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) SiggyMoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/8/2009, 8:32 pm

Interesting start. All I can say is, keep writing!
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 6/8/2009, 9:51 pm

Thanks, everyone Smile
I'm starting to get more, so chapter one could be up by at least thursday
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/8/2009, 9:54 pm

Awesome! Smile I can't wait!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) 1312MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) 2412MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) 3349MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) 3548MoonFire   *Not finished* Chapter two added!!! 6/17/09   (It's on the third post, first page) 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/8/2009, 9:55 pm

Cool.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 6/9/2009, 6:09 pm

Well, I was wrong about Thursday, more will be added today!
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 6/9/2009, 7:08 pm

chapter one added!! don't be intimidated by the size....I wrote for about three hours
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/10/2009, 7:30 am

It's interesting, but kinda confusing, figuring out who's talking, and who's doing what exactly. I probably didn't pay enough attention. But I'm tired.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/10/2009, 8:23 am

I like it!! Very Happy I'm already starting to feel like I know the characters, lol! Add more SOON. =3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 6/10/2009, 10:21 am

Lol, thanks iGri and Shadow Smile
I don't add who the character is that is saying it all the time since there is so much conversation
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/10/2009, 10:30 am

Yeah, my stories would probably be the same.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 6/15/2009, 3:02 pm

I've been working on chapter two today but i can't say that it'll be done soon
i haven't finished it yet and i'll have to revise and edit it some.
plus i'm not even on my own computer haha
so maybe by friday if i'm lucky, it'll be up
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/15/2009, 6:09 pm

Wow! Where's that darn smiley.... affraid There it is Very Happy

I like this!!!! Very Happy
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 6/17/2009, 10:38 am

Thanks, Akeria Very Happy
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/17/2009, 1:15 pm

Wow.
I love it! Smile
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/17/2009, 1:59 pm

I hope you'll add more soon! Smile
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeoneSpeical08 6/17/2009, 10:59 pm

chapter two added!!! Very Happy
SomeoneSpeical08
SomeoneSpeical08
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next