The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aliens?

+16
amrgirl
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
catbuster
Garrison NELSON
<3--[Emily]--<<
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
xSophiexx16
Noah the Flood
Pandaz ♪
Komoda
Taquito
Horsey
Avé
Arianna
shadowsowner888
rattyjol
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aliens? - Page 3 Empty Re: Aliens?

Post by Komoda 1/23/2010, 10:47 am

shadowsowner888 wrote:Or a helicopter from the future? Surprised
I think you're on to something.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 1/23/2010, 11:59 am

"Sweet," Shadow replied, giggling hyperly. "Maybe this has something to do with my Halloween costume . . . the one where I was an 'innocent bystander of a miracle cus us Texans are so smart that we built a time machine and I'm a Christian so I went to go see Jesus'." Smiling, the werepire shook her head at herself. "A UFO would be a lot more cool, though."
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Aliens? - Page 3 1312Aliens? - Page 3 2412Aliens? - Page 3 3349Aliens? - Page 3 3548Aliens? - Page 3 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 2/8/2010, 11:18 am

I sooooo think that they're real after watching UFO Files xD
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Aliens? - Page 3 SiggyAliens? - Page 3 SiggyAliens? - Page 3 SiggyAliens? - Page 3 SiggyAliens? - Page 3 SiggyAliens? - Page 3 Siggy

TEE HEEE HEEE!!! Click THEM!! Do it!! Dooooo it! XD
Female Posts : 9714

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 2/10/2010, 8:36 pm

Well think about it this way - There's a whole universe out there. Past our solar system are BILLIONS of other solar systems, completely different in it's own unique way. The book Ender's Game resembles what I personally think will happen in the future. We'll advance to the extent that we can leave our solar system entirely; What could be out there? There has to be some sort of living form of life. Nothing that we'd ever expect, things that work in a COMPLETELY different way than we do. The most twisted and unexpected thing we can imagine... Nothing exact like humans and nothing at all like aliens. Or maybe they're just like humans and what our stereotypical idea of "aliens" is. It could be anything! And I wish I'd still be around when we found these other life forms (:
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
Aliens? - Page 3 Siggy

Shiner -
Aliens? - Page 3 Siggy

Hearts -
Aliens? - Page 3 Siggy

Master Emerald -
Aliens? - Page 3 Siggy

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrison NELSON 2/21/2010, 12:05 pm

The universe is way too big for us to be the only ones here. It is very selfish of mankind to think that we are the only ones
Garrison NELSON
Garrison NELSON
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 2/22/2010, 9:43 pm

True, you have a point ^ and if there are others out there I don't think they are all evil and out to take over the universe and all that junk like the movies say.
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by *Strongly*[Emo]tional 4/10/2010, 9:26 pm

I'am going to say yes. I belive in them maybe were the only ones in our galaxy but in other galaxy's denfenitly. Maybe god didn't create them but hey I don't belive god created us.
I mean why are we the only planet with life with only ours? I belive that other planets have them. Now will we ever know for sure? Well thats a complete different question. I don't think ever in our life time or our childerens lifetime. Maybe the year 3000.

And I belive the goverment is hiding them from us! There is this buliding supposply out in the middle of the desert that is under ground were they say there is Aliens. Let's just say I belive it. Now why they don't tell us well? Because if people knew there were Ailens they would be scard and begin freeking out.
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 16220

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 4/11/2010, 1:22 am

You mean Area 51? Yeah, it's very possible that there actually is something extraterrestrial hidden out there. Very Happy Or maybe it's a secret weapon the government is developing. Or maybe everyone's just overreacting. xD

(Although, according to Animorphs, it's an Andalite toilet. But let's not get into that. xD)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/11/2010, 9:20 am

Ratty, you made my day. xD

That's a good point about Area 51. I don't even know how it got started that it was aliens there, so it's not like I have any legitimate proof of any sort, but that does seem likely . . . whereas, if it's just a weapon or something like that, it's not the kind of revelation that's gonna change the world, so they probably wouldn't hide it that much. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Aliens? - Page 3 1312Aliens? - Page 3 2412Aliens? - Page 3 3349Aliens? - Page 3 3548Aliens? - Page 3 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 4/14/2010, 7:20 pm

I don't want to mention this as relating to a religion in my post (because that'll just start an argument. Smile ) but I think that there might be life on other planets. If you think about it, it's sort of freaky how small each of us alone is, and there's so much more out there. If the other planets are inhabitable for us as humans, then maybe the aliens, or whatever's on there, has different characteristics that enable them to live like that. There are always the people who claim to have seem aliens, but you never know about them. Same with Area 51.
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/14/2010, 10:52 pm

Well, this is the debates, so technically the whole purpose is to argue. Wink Otherwise it's really nothing but a poll . . . but yeah, just saying, and you're smart to do that anyway. xD Religion and politics could easily get messy.

Anywho. Just sorta needed to make an official-type note. nod You have good points!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring_Blossom 4/15/2010, 2:27 pm

-gets X-Files poster from brothers room- I WANT TO BELIEVE!

-ahem- Well, I'm not sure what I believe, but I do think it'd be cool if they did exist. :]

Komoda2000 wrote:
Kataangluver715 wrote:Sorry, it's a no for me. Please don't rag on me for this, because it is a Christian theory.

God made the Earth on intentions to have daughters and sons to love. He made Earth, and the people on it. In the Biblie, I don't think it says anywhere that there was extratriestrial (sp?) life on other planets.

Just my opinion, of course.
Ah yes, but did the Bible say anything about dinosaurs? There's scientific proof they exist, yet there was nothing about them in there except for mentions of legendary creatures similar to them. So that proves that the Bible isn't always right. It was written by man, after all... Not by God.

And of course, perhaps God only rules over our galaxy. The universe is vast, after all.

Actually, in a passage in Job (At least I think it's Job), it mentions a creature called the behemoth, which is believed to have been a dinosaur.
Spring_Blossom
Spring_Blossom
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1501

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/15/2010, 7:43 pm

Spring_Blossom wrote:-gets X-Files poster from brothers room- I WANT TO BELIEVE!

-ahem- Well, I'm not sure what I believe, but I do think it'd be cool if they did exist. :]

Komoda2000 wrote:
Kataangluver715 wrote:Sorry, it's a no for me. Please don't rag on me for this, because it is a Christian theory.

God made the Earth on intentions to have daughters and sons to love. He made Earth, and the people on it. In the Biblie, I don't think it says anywhere that there was extratriestrial (sp?) life on other planets.

Just my opinion, of course.
Ah yes, but did the Bible say anything about dinosaurs? There's scientific proof they exist, yet there was nothing about them in there except for mentions of legendary creatures similar to them. So that proves that the Bible isn't always right. It was written by man, after all... Not by God.

And of course, perhaps God only rules over our galaxy. The universe is vast, after all.

Actually, in a passage in Job (At least I think it's Job), it mentions a creature called the behemoth, which is believed to have been a dinosaur.
Like I said, "except for mentions of legendary creatures similar to them." I never said that there weren't creatures in the Bible that could have been dinosaurs, I just said that there wasn't anything literal. But yes, good point.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 4/25/2010, 9:39 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:Ratty, you made my day. xD

That's a good point about Area 51. I don't even know how it got started that it was aliens there, so it's not like I have any legitimate proof of any sort, but that does seem likely . . . whereas, if it's just a weapon or something like that, it's not the kind of revelation that's gonna change the world, so they probably wouldn't hide it that much. xD

Cool. xD

OMG, you just gave me an idea... It doesn't have anything to do with aliens (well, not really) but on the Israel trip I was talking to Aaron about antimatter, which is this stuff that I don't know how to explain but if we could find a way to mass produce it, it would basically solve all the world's problems - we have the technology to basically do that now, but we don't have the energy source. Antimatter could give us unlimited energy So, maybe at Area 51 they're trying to figure it out! cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/26/2010, 11:47 pm

Woaaaah. o.0 That would be dang epic! Now I really hope so.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 4/26/2010, 11:58 pm

IKR? It would be so cool if they figured it out. nod
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 4/27/2010, 12:18 am

I think aliens could exist. The universe is vast and there's tons of solar systems. If there's life in one, who can prove there isn't life in another?
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

Post by Norazbud 5/1/2010, 9:31 pm

I don't think aliens exist. please don't be offended it is just my opinion.
Norazbud
Norazbud
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Aliens? - Page 3 SiggyAliens? - Page 3 Siggy
Aliens? - Page 3 Siggy
Aliens? - Page 3 Siggy

Female Posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/1/2010, 10:25 pm

Why do you think so, though? ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi'sLove 5/3/2010, 11:03 pm

I see all your guys' points with the Bible, but what if He just wanted to protect us from the real truth? I've noticed how some people freak whenever anyone mentions aliens, so what if He thought that that was too much to handle for us?

I kinda have to say yes, mostly because I'm an alien! cheesy lol.

I do say yes, though. What if He was inspired to make something more intelligent than us, and felt that we couldn't handle it?
Sorry guys, my answer is totally.
Yoshi'sLove
Yoshi'sLove
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Aliens? - Page 3 SiggyAliens? - Page 3 SiggyAliens? - Page 3 SiggyAliens? - Page 3 SiggyAliens? - Page 3 Siggy
Female Posts : 1083

http://ranomlyrandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/3/2010, 11:17 pm

Aliens don't necessarily have to be more intelligent, either. I mean, one of the two species has to be the more intelligent, so why shouldn't it be us? Very Happy Obviously, if they get here first, they'll probably be more intelligent or at least more advanced, but maybe we'll figure out space travel and find some other sentient species that's still just discovering the stars. wink
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 5/4/2010, 2:54 pm

I'm a little undecided about aliens. Since I'm a logical person, I think, I'd like to say that I'd need some proof of aliens to believe in them, I guess.
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: