The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings

+3
shadowsowner888
wolflover96
Hptonks425
7 posters

Go down

Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings Empty Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings

Post by Hptonks425 1/18/2010, 10:07 pm

ok, this is a small piece I wrote for my Language arts class a while ago. I got a 96% on it, so hopefully it's good. xD I'm not that good of a writer (though I am working on a book right now.), so don't bash me too much. Very Happy

Book Talk
The Fellowship of the Ring
By: J.R.R Tolkien

“One ring to rule them all. One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them”. The famous etched saying on the “one ring” from the amazing, extraordinary book, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. The Lord of the Rings is a three book series, and may I say a very popular series. The series is known world wide, and has been made into academy award- winning movies, highly enhanced video games, and even a short musical. But of course, the best part about the series, are the books. The books are so descriptive and historical, yet they seem to go unnoticed by the public. Everyone seems to only know the movies. But where do you think it all started?

The First book, The Fellowship of the Ring, is the start of it all. It begins the reader on a remarkable and adventurous journey to Middle Earth, in the pursuit to destroy “the one ring”. The book is full of beautiful sets, and very peculiar and different characters. The main character, Frodo, is the ring bearer, and must journey to the dark realms of Mordor to destroy it from whence it came. The book doesn’t lack action, and is full of action scenes, some larger than other. A very exciting part is the weathertop scene, in which Frodo and his comrades are surrounded by black riders, the hunters of the ring. In panic, Frodo puts the ring on, which sets the black riders into attacking him. He is stabbed, but alive. Strider, a comrade of Frodo, fights the black riders off. Frodo is quickly ridden to the kingdom of Rivendell, where the elves live. Only they have the power to heal Frodo. While Frodo is hastily riding to Rivendell, he is pursued once again by the black riders. But he escapes, just barely, but he’s not out of harm’s way yet. That is just one scene from the book. The book is set in medieval times, with wizards, dwarves, elves, hobbits, and men. They all play important roles in the Fellowship, and in the adventures that lie ahead for Frodo and his friends. Frodo’s journey is just beginning; he and the new Fellowship of the Ring will endure many hardships on their journey to Mordor. The book has love, loss, action, adventure, despair, hope, everything young adults like in books! The first book is spectacular, so it’s no doubt the second and third books are just as good, maybe even better. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R Tolkien, is definitely a crowd pleaser. It is one of my favorite fantasy series of all time. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed when reading this book.
Hptonks425
Hptonks425
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Male Posts : 402

http://www.byebyewi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings Empty Re: Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings

Post by wolflover96 1/19/2010, 5:43 pm

really cool! i can't wait to read the book!
wolflover96
wolflover96
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings Empty Re: Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings

Post by shadowsowner888 1/19/2010, 7:16 pm

I have a feeling Gri would like this. ^^ I shall PM him the link!

Lol, I can see you know The Fellowship of the Ring well. x3 You did a good job with this piece!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings 1312Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings 2412Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings 3349Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings 3548Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hptonks425 1/19/2010, 8:07 pm

thanks Shadow! Smile
Hptonks425
Hptonks425
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Male Posts : 402

http://www.byebyewi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordor 3/13/2010, 8:04 pm

Wonderful! I read the Fellowship a few months ago and I must say that it's
a very good description for the book!
The Two Towers was also amazing Smile

And, I know! Everyone loves the movies, I'm a fan, but the books aren't as popular. Again, it was great.
Mordor
Mordor
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2069

Back to top Go down

Post by Erinbeth 3/23/2010, 11:27 am

Wow I love this, the time you took to right this must have been exhausting.
I want to read LOTR so this kinds gives me a heads up of what its about.
Legolas is my Fave of the Fellowship!!! lol-And Aragorn-The Arwen-Then Pippin. YOu see I'm not the main character kinda girl. I'm alway strucked by the other ones. Like Legolas!
I look really good as a elf-Sry random talking.
~Erin
Erinbeth
Erinbeth
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings Siggy

Female Posts : 1133

http://www.indianafloorsllc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Norazbud 5/12/2010, 9:50 pm

Great essay! I've only read the hobbit my self, now I want to read the fellowship of the ring! Good Job Smile
Norazbud
Norazbud
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Book Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings SiggyBook Talk: The Fellowship of the Rings Siggy

Female Posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 5/13/2010, 7:00 am

Amazing! ^w^

-MUST. Snatch. Books. From. Dad's. Bookshelf!!- =,=
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down