The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Suspended

+7
Jesus4Eternity
merry312
Akeria
shadowsowner888
fleamailman
Jade
Arianna
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Site Suspended Empty Site Suspended

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 2:53 am

My site has been suspended. That's right. The whole freaking site.
This email was sent to me this morning at 2:33AM my time.
Your site pixelpuppy.net do to the large amount of connections to images such as /twig/adoptables/siggy.php?id=1495. This caused issues for clients on the server by causing high load issues. The site has been suspended.
Regards,
Mike
WebzPro
This means that I won't be able to host TwigAdopts anymore. It was shut down because of TwigAdopts. I'm very mad, but there's nothing I can do. :/ I'm in tears now, so please don't get mad at me. I will attempt to get a copy of the database and transfer it over to another site, but I just don't know... Free hosting might be enough, but I really don't know... :(
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Site Suspended Empty Re: Site Suspended

Post by Jade 2/14/2010, 3:30 am

Oh Ari, I'm so sorry. This is my fault, if I hadn't insisted on that banner... I fail Razz Really, I'm so sorry but no one will be annoyed at you! Everyone will understand Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 3:37 am

It's not your fault Jade, don't blame everything on yourself... We've sent emails and called, but responses take time... I'm trying to get the databases and files and I'm thinking of transferring over to another hosting service, FatCow, as it was my 'second choice'. Gosh, it has to be better than this. Sad
I hope that people will... All I can say for now is that hopefully TwigAdopts will be able to stay up, but I'm not sure... Would you mind being hosted on a different domain, say, TwigAdopts.net or something? Razz
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 2/14/2010, 3:51 am

This is for you to decided, it's your hosting, so no I don't mind in the least, twigadopts.net is awesome Smile Fat cow is cool name...

Gosh, I feel terrible Razz I know everyone will understand though, they always do!
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 4:15 am

Okay, I'm trying to get stuff worked out and I'm a tiny bit calmed down. Jade, if you don't mind then, I'll think about trying to get TwigAdopts.net because that way it can be on its own site as well as on my hosting (as FatCow allows unlimited domains). I have one database backup, no more. And it's only for the other adoptables site database, and it's from a week ago. T-T
I'm searching around... I don't have enough for a dedicated server (anyone wanna donate $199 a month?) but I'm afraid that $66 /a year hosting for personal/small business websites just might not make the cut. I need something, I don't know, in between. I'd be fine with like $300 a year if it hosted it fine, but I just don't know. If you find any site which would work well for something like that, tell me, will you? Smile
And the worst thing is that Kiri and I are launching our adoptables site on the 27th. That's less than 2 weeks from now, and I was supposed to be doing all the coding this week. >.> Uh-oh. Sad
I can't even get on PixelPuppy forums. -sigh-
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 2/14/2010, 5:01 am

$300 a year!?!?! Please say your kidding O.o That's a lot of money.

I'll keep my eyes open for something like that Wink

Deep breaths Ari, deep breathes Smile It'll work out somehow, I'm just sorry it happened Sad
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 5:04 am

I'd be willing to pay that if it stayed up and wasn't suspended... Razz
Cool. (:
-breathes- I'm super-stressed, but it's not like I can do anything about it. I'mma waste today playing scribblenauts and staring at the phone ('cause they're supposed to call back). Urgh.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended 461

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 2/14/2010, 7:27 am

"...smf server is free, and coffeenole won't close your site. promise..." mentioned the goblin, who was across servers for exactly this reason then, saying "...in the end, the only way to safeguard one posts to post across servers, but at least one sees the folly of only posting ones stuff up on one site on one server then...", in fact, there were many servers out there

smf support forum
http://www.smfsupport.com/support/index.php

smf start page
http://www.simplemachines.org/
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 7:50 am

Huh? I'm sorta confused. I use MyBB (which is basically a competitor of SMF) and PHP/MySQL scripts... I don't think that something like that would exactly be what I wanted... no offence. (: I'm looking into FatCow, though, if I really must change.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended 461

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/14/2010, 9:08 am

Hmm. o.0 That's not good.

I'm sure that you'll be able to figure something out, Ari. You actually know what you're doing in regards to this stuff, and I'm sure there's some kind of server out there that will give you the right hosting at the right price. Even if you can't get the site and all the specific adoptables back, at least we'll have the site itself, and everything will work out fine. (:

Is there anything I can do to help? Help you look for new hosting, maybe? (I have to admit I kinda wanna do that already, cus it'd possibly help me find something for Twig as well as help TA, if my parents do say yes to me getting Twig a paid hosting. xD)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Site Suspended 1312Site Suspended 2412Site Suspended 3349Site Suspended 3548Site Suspended 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 9:19 am

Oh, this was moved to the announcements section? Thanks. (:
Their 24/7 phone support isn't very good. 'Please leave a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.' Uh-huh, it's totally -24/7-, isn't it? Razz
I'm hoping I'll get the files and the database. If I do, I can get a temporary site (like, 000webhost or something) up until I can get PixelPuppy to work again. What's your opinion on TwigAdopts.net? *shrugs* Even if you do switch Twig to shadowsowner888.com on MyBB, it would be useful for about half a year... On GoDaddy, it's $9.99/yr for that or $10.69/yr for a .com domain name, if that's better. But I think .net looks prettier. (:
Bah, I can't see my avatar. Better go change that. Razz
Is there anything I can do to help? Help you look for new hosting, maybe? (I have to admit I kinda wanna do that already, cus it'd possibly help me find something for Twig as well as help TA, if my parents do say yes to me getting Twig a paid hosting. xD)
If you see any great hosting deals, please tell me! Very Happy The ones I've seen are either $6 a month or $199 a month... I'd like something in between, really. xP Right now I'm considering FatCow, but my dad's coming back tomorrow and we're gonna probably see if there's another hosting site that would be better. (:
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 2/14/2010, 9:31 am

I moved it. I figured everyone should know, and I didn't want to make a new thread for it...

I'm so sorry that what happened... happened. That really sucks. I really don't know what else to say... I'm not good at this... Razz That's why I leave all the HTML talk to you. nod I'm so sorry.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 9:36 am

Thanks, Keri. (: I really appreciate this, I just thought that the TA section would be the best place for me to put it, as I couldn't put it here.
Aww, it's fine. If I can get the domain name, the files, and the database, I'll live. They could have at least given me a warning, though. Razz
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 2/14/2010, 9:45 am

Yeah... That's the thing. They didn't at alllll. I think you should bring that up when you finally get in touch with them.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 9:51 am

We certainly will tell them that, because my mom said that they had that in the agreement, too - that they'd give notice, I think. Razz I just wish that they would call - it must be later than 7 in the morning there, and I've been waiting all day. So much for boasting '24/7' service, right? Razz
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 2/14/2010, 9:54 am

On the East Coast it's almost nine, actually...
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by merry312 2/14/2010, 9:58 am

It's not your fault Ari! Sad Nobody knew this was going to happen. Everything happens for the better. Smile

(Plus, I love your avvie! Smile)
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/14/2010, 10:00 am

Oh, crud, that's not good. Well, being you, I'm sure it will work out, 'cuz you're just awesome that way. Smile
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended Siggy
Site Suspended SiggySite Suspended Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 10:04 am

Keri - that's interesting... I have no idea where they are, but I'm very disappointed in their '24 hour service'. They could at least say something about, I don't know, 17 or 18 hour service. Razz
Merry - they totally could have warned me rather than suspending the whole site, you're right. Sad Thank you for saying you like my avvie, I got it from the forumotion avatar gallery as my random avatar thing doesn't work without pixelpuppy.net.
Amanda - it sure isn't good. -shakes head- It's nice to know that you think that. (: I hope it'll work out, too.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended 461

Back to top Go down

Post by merry312 2/14/2010, 10:10 am

Oh, I'm sorry! Sad How do you get to the avatar gallery?
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 10:14 am

It's not enabled on Twig (Shad would need to go to the admin panel > general > display > avatar gallery > enable it, if she'd like), but if you go to here while registered on the forum. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended 461

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman 2/14/2010, 10:21 am

Arianna wrote:Huh? I'm sorta confused. I use MyBB (which is basically a competitor of SMF) and PHP/MySQL scripts... I don't think that something like that would exactly be what I wanted... no offence. (: I'm looking into FatCow, though, if I really must change.

"...no no no folks and other creatures, no one is suggesting moving at all..." said the goblin, explaining "...the idea is doing something that both backs up your posts and your membership here, simply one runs two sites simultaneously across two different servers, where, in the case that if one server goes down, losing everything, even ones backup that is, the other site is there running as a mirror...", in fact, the goblin remembers to this day when one of his sites got closed by the server, though here the goblin wasn't going to talk about any subtle usage of spambots to boast ones membership MYAHAHAHA, no, he just contacted everyone at the time on the other remaining site, as to which new site would now mirror the one they were on, "...well it's one of the advantages of being around since the BBS days I suppose, one has learned not to trust to servers here..." mentioned the goblin of himself

Site Suspended Anonymous

Last edited by fleamailman on 2/16/2010, 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total
fleamailman
fleamailman
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Lover 2/14/2010, 10:23 am

Awh, all I can say is sorry that things have happened so suckily for you, Arianna. =[ I'm sure you're tech and internet savvy enough to fix it, though--and shadow, too, and whoever else is helping. I'd offer to help, but really, I don't know much about forums and whatnot. Again, sorry. =[
Dragon Lover
Dragon Lover
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

MATT II IS MY OLDER BROTHER! =D
Credit to Ave for my amazing siggie. [:
Female Posts : 9059

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 2/14/2010, 10:25 am

Interesting, Fleamailman, but I'm afraid that I don't really know what to do there - I'd prefer to have something normal but reliable. And WebzPro is, until they go and suspend your account, that seems to be. :P
The thing is I wasn't even close to the alloted bandwidth or anything. :(
Thank you, DL. I'd hope I'm people-savvy enough too, because now it's a matter of getting all my files and databases back, to tell the truth. It's fine, there's no need to help. Thank you for your support, though. (:
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/14/2010, 10:37 am

Arianna wrote:Keri - that's interesting... I have no idea where they are, but I'm very disappointed in their '24 hour service'. They could at least say something about, I don't know, 17 or 18 hour service. Site Suspended Icon_razz
Merry - they totally could have warned me rather than suspending the whole site, you're right. Site Suspended Icon_sad Thank you for saying you like my avvie, I got it from the forumotion avatar gallery as my random avatar thing doesn't work without pixelpuppy.net.
Amanda - it sure isn't good. -shakes head- It's nice to know that you think that. (: I hope it'll work out, too.

Ari, all sites have glitches. This is a rather big one... but it's gonna work out. And, if it doesn't, oh well. They're virtual pets, not real money. XD
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Site Suspended Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content