The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyn's Miscellaneous Freewrites

Go down

Cyn's Miscellaneous Freewrites Empty Cyn's Miscellaneous Freewrites

Post by Cyn431 2/19/2010, 6:05 pm

Okay, I can't stand it anymore--I have too many "roleplay" ideas. Unfortunately I'm not on long enough to sustain one--well, maybe, I dunno, but still, it's a lot of ideas. So I'm going to do free-writes of these ideas to see where they could go. Sometimes I'll start new ideas, sometimes I'll continue off of old ones, and sometimes I'll have a "death craving" and will do some weird thing. xD But yeah, point made.

So I'll start writing on the next post, I guess...

OH! And I dunno if anyone will be reading these things, but if you do, feel free to let me know if you think something could be a roleplay idea, I might try to organize one of my ideas into one. wink

See you on my next postie!

Cyn

Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Cyn's Miscellaneous Freewrites Empty Re: Cyn's Miscellaneous Freewrites

Post by Cyn431 2/19/2010, 8:28 pm

7|-|3 |-|4(|<3R5
The Hackers

Break-In Report

Who knew people could be so difficult? They always try to be star of the show, doing the big thing, the superhero, the prince charming, riding off into the sunset atop their white horse. I'm guilty, too, but I'm not as bad as the twits that continue to miserably fail at predicting the apocalypse.

Our bosses, the government, really believe they have it right, that the world will end around December 21st of 2012. They still want a bit more confirmation. So the government caught word of a computer containing some vital information, but are refusing to tell me and my fellow hackers what's in store. They say we'll figure it out when we get there. As long as the username is provided on the screen, I think we can do it.

So, do you know the gang, reader? Let's assume not. My name is Judy Tibun--no, don't even go to tai-bun, it's tih-bin, like ribbon. I'm the one usually figuring out the passwords and sneaking around filters to get what I want.

My best friend is Michelle Kilore. She's my sneaky little friend who can figure out things via outside resources if I can't figure out something with what I'm provided. Like, she'll call somebody and ask if they know the name, and she'll give some big peer feedback interview thing to supposedly get him mentioned in the newspaper. And this is all under a fake identity, which varies from time to time.

Michelle has a boyfriend she found on one of her calling marathons, and he helps us out now--he's Graham Nehring. Graham does the tracking thing, kind of the backfire for Michelle's stuff. If someone calls us under a private ID, he'll find out their number. If somebody did something to a computer, he'll track who was logged in at the time. Often Graham will set up cameras in various areas so if somebody did something on, say my account, then he'll see who was using my account. Yeah, Graham has a lot of tricks up his sleeve, and that's just why Michelle loves him so much.

When I was first recruited to this job, I was given an apprentice, Rod Weiss. Originally I was supposed to teach him some hacking skills, but instead I found out he was the greatest get-around guy ever. He could pick locks, find the pressure points, pinpoint weaknesses, and really, really kick butt. Trust me, I know from experience, and you don't hear that every day.

Finally we have Skye Rigameyer. She can be a crucial member of the team, because she is a major person on coding and computer command. Skye's kind of quiet and emo, though, so I can't really tell all that much about her. Plus, like Rod, she can throw a punch, so...

Anyway, that's our little team. And today the boss has us breaking into another computer out in Nebraska. Hopefully Skye can stay at the wheel for several good solid hours.

~*~*~*~

The next day we were cruising through Suburbia, searching for the one house with the one computer. I had a walkie-talkie buzzing at my ear with instructions from the boss.

"Okay, what street are you on?" he asked.

I glanced up at the nearest street sign. "Rickett Avenue," I muttered into the receiver.

There was a brief moment of silence. "Have you passed Juveen Road yet?" he queried slowly.

I echoed his question to Skye, and I got a soft "nope" in return. That's what I told him. He told us to turn onto Juveen once we saw it, and the house number was 3295. A few minutes later we were able to comply.

"Is Weiss going in, or Nehring and Kilore?"

"Nehring and Kilore. We don't want this guy dead, and he's still home."

"'Kay, Sir," I said before cutting off the line. I looked to Graham, whom already had his Netbook on his lap and his fingers on the keys, waiting for the address. I gave it to him (3295 Juveen Road, Blue Valley, Nebraska), and just a minute later Michelle had a phone number to dial.

I watched her finger hesitate at the send button. "Wait..." she mumbled. Her head snapped up. "What's my identity again?"

"Giselle Rune, nurse at Blue Valley Mental Health Center, his mother just got severe brain damage from a drunk driver crashing into her car," I blurted out randomly with a shrug. "First thing to fly out of my mouth," I explained to the confused looks.

Michelle agreed to it as she pressed the send button and waited for an answer. She zoned out from the rest of us for a good few minutes as she talked in a phony sympathetic tone to the audibly weeping man. It felt like ten minutes until finally she shut her cell phone and sighed.

"We may have to wait a few extra minutes," she groaned along with everyone else.

So the five of us slouched in our car seats, waiting for this man to get into the car and get out of here. Again, it seemed another ten precious minutes flew out the window before he left. Everybody gave a high-five to everybody before breaking into the house.

"Where's the computer?" Rod asked immediately.

"We just got here," I told him in a low tone.

Rod took on a look of mild embarrassment. "I knew that," he said innocently. "Should we start looking?"

"No, we're just going to stand around, hoping the computer comes to us," Graham retorted, humor ringing in his voice. Michelle giggled, as did I.

"Over here," Skye's voice lingered in the air. We all directed our attention to the blonde, her arms crossed as she leaned against the door frame. "We can't waste our time, the man has to come home sooner or later."

I assumed we all agreed, or none of us wanted our butts kicked, so the four of us followed her into the room that held a PC, obviously up to date. With a smug smirk I took a place in the office chair and began powering up. This computer was pretty good, taking half a minute to get onto the log on page.

The given account provided the username, but no password, and that username was pretty helpful: thesituation. All I had to do was ask a few questions, and give a few key attempts, and voila! I was in the system.

"What do you think we're looking for?" I called over my shoulder as I started flipping through things on "My Documents."

"Probably something from Microsoft Office," Graham said.

"That narrows things down, thanks," I snorted, continuing to click around.

There was a bit of vibration in my pocket, and a muffled response. I plucked my walkie-talkie out and held it up to my mouth. "Repeat?"

"A journal entry," the boss said. "It should be a Word document. If you can find a Joint Photographic Experts Group picture titled 'Solar Temperatures,' that would help, too."

I thanked him before once more cutting off the connection and finding both. First I read through the Word document, and felt my eyes widening paragraph by paragraph. "This man's a genius," I whispered.

"What the heck's that supposed to mean?" Rod asked. He made me jump when I found out he was reading over my shoulder.

"Scientists believe the sun's going to have these big explosions that will get rid of electricity for a bunch of people, and several other disasters," I began to explain. "That's supposed to be the 'apocalypse' of 2012, I guess because everything would be so chaotic we wouldn't be able to sustain life or something. Anyway, this guy found out these bursts are minor, but are a warning as for what's to come in ten years."

"And in ten years...?" Rod prompted with anticipation.

I turned around to look into his deep blue eyes, trying to induce the fear I was feeling. "The sun is going to experience star death," I exhaled, the air that escaped my mouth making the atmosphere somewhat eerie.

It was pleasing enough to see his jaw drop. I redirected my attention to the screen, now showing the graph. The lines showed how the temperatures of each solar flare had decreased year after year, supposedly meaning there was less energy to exert. That was like an elderly man running out of life. Sure it's good no one was going to turn to ashes due to the sun. Yet, it's our root source of energy, heat, everything, and if the sun loses life, we lose life.

I would have investigated further, but there was an urgent rap on the front door. "Miss Tibun, you have the right to step away from that computer."
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 2/21/2010, 6:34 pm

Sigh, yesterday I was messing with puppies so much I couldn't get on. T_T I guess I could try and write something... When Tootsie isn't sleeping on me... [Tootsie's the new puppy I got yesterday]
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down