The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ |

4 posters

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 Empty Re: | ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ |

Post by Cyn431 6/24/2010, 11:53 pm

In this world you tried
Not leaving me alone behind
E – M – I – L – Y
| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 Goth_g11
M – A – R – R – E – N
The memories ease the pain inside
All of my memories keep you near

… Silent Whispers

Emily glanced up from the food, a few platefuls of edible things she had no idea could look so good, and to Carson once more. That was a really good assumption he'd made, that she didn't have a bathing suit yet. Or maybe he just figured. Either way, it was pretty good. "If that's down the road too, I guess. I wouldn't want to be ... Time consuming," Emily had searched for the right words at the end with a brief pause separating them from the rest of her statement. She went ahead and grabbed for something off the table—bread in this case, simply because it was customary for her to start from the bottom of the food pyramid to go up (or whatever she was provided from that system anyway), why she wasn't sure—and was rather amazed by the flavor. Compared to what she'd been stuck with in the past, this first bite was a miracle. It took unnoticeable effort to not widen her eyes with amazement, pig out nor make an exclamations.

… Silent Tears …

ooc:
lyric: Memories by Within Temptation
character: Emily Marren
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 6/25/2010, 12:01 am

"I have no problem taking as much time as we need in buying you a bathing suit. I also should buy one, as I am sure my other one doesn't fit."
(Eh, sorry for crappy post)
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 DN41
| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 Cake
I was hungry =]

Female Posts : 2339

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 6/25/2010, 3:14 pm

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 2w3xgmw
When I realized it, tears were spilling over.
I want to disappear, I want to die; I want to go crazy…

Rocus

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~ *

"Bree...?" I asked, my voice echoing emptily against the trunks of the trees surrounding us. I scrambled to my feet, briefly brushing off the black material of my jeans. "What the heck is going on?"

I wondered if she was having another one of her fallen angel episodes. She seemed... Well, ticked. My eyes scanned through the dancing shadows, but I couldn't see anyone else around. Was she waiting for our hostess to join us? But why? I'd always assumed she was the type to run, rather than wait to be scolded... We should have just stayed back at the mansion, acted like we never saw any cameras. I didn't want this kind of drama; all I was interested in was money. What was this place, anyway?

Van Alton

Being entrapped everyday by the sweet temptations,
drugs, and women; I thought it didn't matter...

Character; Rocus Van Alton
Lyrics; Escapism by An Café
OOC;

Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 6/26/2010, 1:24 pm

Breanne Rose

_*_

“I... You’ll know soon enough, Rocus,” I conveyed him solemnly. I brought myself to look him in the eyes in a grave, sedate manner of despondency. “You will... At your discretion, at your whim... But, trust me... Not on your life.” I rested my forefinger on his shoulder airily. “I’m not meddling with you—If you choose to stay near me, you’ll regret it to your very core.”

_*_

~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•~_•_~_•~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•~_•_~_•~_•_~_•_~

~•~

Irène McClinsey

My eyes narrowed as I scoured the forest. Bree was close, along with the one named Rocus. I imagined her skin rippling and fidgeting, going to black and shiny. Crackling like twigs in the eye of a campfire. A compact masses of body parts flumping on the floor. Her brilliant hair scorching as she flared everything away, breaking out of her human body into a mystic, captivating new presence. Before I knew it; I saw them, in a tranquil grassland. There was a moment of breathless silence from me, before I found my voice and uttered; “Why, hello, there...”

~•~

Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2947

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 6/26/2010, 1:28 pm

(Crystal, I still await a reply from Jagger)
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 6/26/2010, 2:34 pm

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 Hi___10

~♦~♦~♦~
Dead I am the life, dig into the skin
Knuckle crack the bone, 21 to win

~♦~♦~♦~

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 Jagger10

~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~

Everything was moving too fast. I choked on a scream as the car met the lake head-on, roughly at the speed at of greased lightning. Jagger! boomed a familiar voice.
You! I thought back fervently, the car sluggishly beginning to sink.
Stop acting like some lazy alpaca lying under the sun on it’s belly and help us!
No can do... I’m sorry.
What do you mean...!?

~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~♦~

Dead I am the dog, hound of the pits you cry
Devil on your back, I can never die

Character: Jagger Wendell
Lyrics: Rob Zombie ~ Dragula
OOC:

Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 6/26/2010, 2:52 pm

Unable to think, I couldn't help gulping in water as I struggled to unhook my seatbelt. I finally got it, then attempted to kick the window open. Eventually with a shatter of glass it broke away, and I sqeezed through. One of the glass shards cut into my leg and ripped flesh off, and I couldn't swallow the scream that escaped from my mouth in fear of swallowing water with it. I kicked my legs and erupted from the water, coughing out water. I looked around and realized Jagger hadn't come up yet, so I quickly dove down into the water towards the sinking car to help him.
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 6/26/2010, 3:03 pm

Rocus

"As if I'm leaving you to face that nutcase on your own," I grumbled, strengthening my voice to hide the reluctance within. I didn't want much to do with this, after all, but I was in too deep already.

At the sight of Ms. McClinsey, I wasn't sure what to feel. Part of me was intimidated and wanted to run right there... But I could handle her, couldn't I? I wasn't much of a fighter, but I knew how to play dirty. Assuming I still had my pocket knife on me, that was. She was just a woman, anyway. A woman who probably dabbled in witchcraft of some sort, if I could assume so by her shady appearance. Regardless, that stuff never worked; only in fairy tales.

I took a semi-protective stance, stepping in front of Bree with one fluid movement. I nodded courteously to our hostess, using my will power to maintain eye contact. I tried to keep my gaze unwavering as I nearly got swallowed whole by her amber eyes. "Hello. Sorry we came in late, ma'am; it was busy at the hospital," I lied, keeping my voice smooth. I couldn't think of a good excuse for us running into the forest, but I'd leave that to Bree. It was her oh-so-brilliant plan, after all.

Van Alton

OOC;

Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 6/26/2010, 4:34 pm

Breanne Rose

_*_

I sidestepped and accused our hostess with my eyes. “Rocus,” I addressed in a soft monotone, my glare flickering to his face. “I got this. Stay back if you know what’s good for you.” My gaze snapped back to Ms. McClinsey and gradually strode forward, but only closing less than half the distance. “Thou saidst in my heart; ‘I will ascend into Heaven, above the stars of God...” The strips of hardened skin at the base of my fingernails turned black, my irises becoming as black as my pupils, all of my blood vessels burning throughout my body. “...‘l Will I exalt my throne, and I will sit upon the mount of meeting, in the uttermost parts of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High’.” I felt teeth beginning to grow on the ridge on my jaws. “Yet thou shalt be brought down to the Netherworld, the uttermost parts of the pit.” I smiled tauntingly, bearing my canines. “And that shalt be held in the future for thy enemy... And I.” My nails were growing serrated, knife-like. “Curse you.” Finally, I felt my spinal column stretch and contort. The series of vertebrae forming the axis of my skeleton started changing, to be able to fabricate and protect a brand new body. When I was approximately 8 inches taller than Rocus, my nails had to be had least 4 inches. I felt nicking at the deep ruptures in my back—
The upside down V.
I gasped as something completely slit through my gashes; Black, rutted, demolished wings.

_*_

~•~

Irène McClinsey

“Hah...! You are one of The Nephilim after all, Bree. I knew you’d attack sooner than later, and I’ve been eager to get rid of you. Anyway, I wonder what spell you’ve got Rocus under, but it won’t last much longer—You won’t last much longer.” My eyes sifted away from Bree’s face... I didn’t want her to catch me off guard. My gaze then strained to meet Rocus’. “Spellbound or not, you need to wake up and realize the truth within this... horrid girl! She’s POSSESSED!”

~•~

~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~

Character[s]; Irène McClinsey and Breanne Rose
OOC; Fighting time... Cool
...All set.

~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 6/26/2010, 7:15 pm

Rocus

"What the f..." my voice trailed off into a hoarse whisper, trembling to the extent where I wasn't sure if I could formulate words, even if I had any to say. As if the sudden Shakespeare talk wasn't enough... She looked like something I'd see on an anime show. I couldn't find words to describe her. She appeared to be some sort of angel/demon cross... Monstrous, but angelic all the same. She was no longer the same innocent Bree I had seen moments before; she was something much darker, much more power, and yet much more beautiful.

It seemed like an illusion, but I knew it wasn't. I knew what it was like to hallucinate because of drugs, and it was nothing like this. This was real. There was no denying it now, even though I couldn't possibly think of an explanation for it.

Though my voice shook, and I felt so dizzy I could have fainted, I held a steady footing in the ground. I couldn't afford to be cowardly now.

"I'm not spellbound," I sneered angrily, narrowing my eyes at Ms. McClinsey. I couldn't use the excuse that spells didn't exist, because what logic existed in this world anymore now that I've seen this? All I knew was that if I had to choose a side in this, it would be Bree's. Our hostess seemed far too suspicious for my liking. "I'm not leaving Bree's side, no matter what either of you ask."

I didn't know why, but I felt I had to protect her, despite her current intimidating appearance. I somehow felt responsible for the girl; for whatever reason, I had no idea.

Van Alton

OOC;

Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 6/29/2010, 1:55 pm

Breanne Rose

_*_

The relaxation at my back informed me that my wings were flexing, relaxing from their downfold hiding posture. My neck stretched with sweet delight and I shuddered with joy as the skin of my arms begun to beam with a deep red glow—the infra red of nourishment that was the hallmark of this new dimension of mine—A simple construct whereby I, Breanne Rose, can be distinguished as none other than my Fallen self. My view was switching back and forth between limited perception and wider range—Going from sharp to dull, to hazy and to fuzzy, to simply well-defined. I blinked, disoriented, as my new eyes adjusted. Even with all reason given way to panic, and fear ricocheting around my skull, I initiated a wistful half-smile. My teeth ground together, lip curling at my irritating little hostess, Irène. I let my ears range outward, seeking something different than the small hum of life that surrounded me... It was rather quiet. But then I found smells of all sorts; the earthy odour of rot and moss, the warm, almost nutty aroma of small rodents cowering beneath the tree roots, the resin in the evergreens... I closed my eyes for a minute—I just had to. “Thank you, Rocus...” I breathed in a tired undertone. “Thank you so much.” The thuds of his heart were each like a shot of addictive chemical straight through my nervous system. My smile broadened and I allowed myself to look at the hostess piercingly. And I lunged.

_*_

~•~

Irène McClinsey

My breath came out in a huff as Bree sprung toward me, looking like she belonged in an archetypal demon portrait of some sort.

~•~

~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~

OOC;

~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 6/29/2010, 2:21 pm

Rocus

I stepped back slightly, my heart beating heavily in my chest. Each hammer against my rib cage nearly made me lose my breath; it had been so long since anything had managed to frighten me like this. I supposed I wasn't truthfully afraid; I didn't have to worry much about Bree for now, unless I managed to tick her off. But just the fact that things like that existed was too much for me to wrap my head around. I could handle street fighters, gang members and whatnot... But what if there were more of these creatures?

I sighed heavily, pushing away the thoughts. I bit my lip, a tight feeling in my chest. My widened eyes followed the fight with quick motions, but I hadn't a clue as to who would win. Bree certainly seemed superior, but who knew what tricks our hostess had up her sleeve?

What bothered me most, in my broken state of fear...
Was that I couldn't protect Bree anymore.
"Be careful," I murmured under my breath.

Van Alton

OOC;

Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 6/29/2010, 7:36 pm

Breanne Rose

_*_

I crashed into her, head-long. I hurled her onto the ground and seized her throat.

_*_

~•~

Irène McClinsey

Nothing seemed real, anymore. I wasn’t Atlas, and the darkness pinning me down was like the weight of the planet—I couldn’t possibly shoulder it. I held that blackness of nonexistence at bay by inches. I couldn’t feel anything but burning at my throat. The burning grew—Rose and peaked and rose again. I felt like I was grabbing the wrong end of a curling iron—my automatic response would be to drop the lethal, scorching thing in my arms... But I couldn’t feel them. I couldn’t feel anything but the flaring, the blazing. I couldn’t feel anything inside of my phantom body, either. But then I pulled myself together, forcing my eyes open—I snarled and created an invisible aegis for myself... Bree’s raking claws could have been caressing fingers for all the impact they had on my skin. Her canines couldn’t find any purchase against my throat or shoulder. I shoved her off of me and wrenched myself vertical and rigid in one abrupt movement... Her fingers seemingly leaving charring on the skin of my throat, and hard, leather-like eschars... purple scabs... Third-degree burns.

~•~

~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~

OOC; I haven't even started yet... >:3
Oh, and even though it roughly appears otherwise... I can't power-play with myself, you've got to admit it. xD

~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 6/29/2010, 7:40 pm

Dark Fairytales wrote:
Unable to think, I couldn't help gulping in water as I struggled to unhook my seatbelt. I finally got it, then attempted to kick the window open. Eventually with a shatter of glass it broke away, and I sqeezed through. One of the glass shards cut into my leg and ripped flesh off, and I couldn't swallow the scream that escaped from my mouth in fear of swallowing water with it. I kicked my legs and erupted from the water, coughing out water. I looked around and realized Jagger hadn't come up yet, so I quickly dove down into the water towards the sinking car to help him.
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 6/29/2010, 7:52 pm

Rocus

I watched the scene in awe, now backed into the shadows. The moon reflected over the fighting women, throwing back a silver sheen into my eyes. I wondered how they felt. To me it looked more like an aggressive dance with the way their elegant figures moved, despite Bree's current demonic appearance. Yet, they must have been really hurting, no matter how it appeared.

But still. They weren't my concern. I honestly couldn't care less about what happened to my hostess. It wasn't like I didn't want to care... Heck, I really should have. I could have earned myself a big wad of cash by stepping in there, and out of some miracle stopping Bree.

The reality was though, that there was some idiotic, weak part of me telling me to just watch. Watch to make sure Bree doesn't get hurt...and if she does, kill Ms. McClinsey.
Because that part of me didn't care about anything at that moment; didn't care about anything but what happens to Bree.

I gripped readily at the razor blade teeth in my pocket. They were the only offensive mechanism I had at the moment, besides a pocket knife that wouldn't do quite as much damage. It wasn't designed specifically to cut into flesh, like my teeth were.

I choked slightly when I saw Bree being shoved away, but there was still not much I could do. This was a battle for non-humans; certainly not me. I could only be a last resort, and for now an observer.

Van Alton

OOC;

Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 6/29/2010, 8:37 pm

Breanne Rose

_*_

I scrambled to my feet and sashayed back a few steps, gliding from side to side, trying to find any traces of faintness in Irène’s defensive stance. But she shadowed my footwork lithely, stalking me with a certain concentration. My lips pulled up on one side as I tapped my temple, then I shifted lower into my crouch, a lioness once again, and stalked deliberately forward—Abruptly darting her way.

_*_

~•~

Irène McClinsey

Adrenaline jolted through my veins. All I could hear beside the blood pounding in my ears were metallic snaps and tears, gasps and hissings. The fighting was a blurred formation—Bree was striking faster than greased lightning. But before I knew it; Simultaneously, Bree –all but invisible with speed—smashed into a tall spruce about halfway up a tree. I flexed my fingers—they were tingling like crazy—with magic of some sort. Relief swelled in my heart... Until she bolted off of the tree, somehow. Like a projectile... Landing on the balls of her feet. I coiled and sprang... Then we were fighting, again. I tried to cripple one of her attack with a solid kick in the stomach...

~•~

Breanne Rose

_*_

I grunted at the square kick in the guts. She was circling around me, disappointment gripping her expression, dawning over complete anger. A growl ripped up my throat as I saw her wheeling toward the refuge of the forest like an arrow from a bow. But I was faster—A bullet from a gun. My claws brushed against her neck briskly as I attempted to tackle her, and next came a fraction of a second filled with squealing clamor as we both found ourselves tumbling towards an unexpected dried up creek. There was no discernible sound to make the image one of violence, but the sole shriek the hostess uttered as her head struck the bottom of the creek was, indeed. It was like screeching tires. The next thing I knew, the fiery tangle of hair was no longer linked to the rest of her body, the shivering orange waves plummeted, bounced and rolled away onto the rocky bed off the creek... My heart squeezed out an extra, painful beat, my stomach lurching. I shoved her carcass away, now hearing the splashes of lapping tongues, loud thudding made by heavy hearts, pumping thick streams of blood... I felt like throwing up. Smelling the rust and salt of blood inside of some mountain lion, or elk, or bear... Or them soon finding the rotting, decomposing body at my feet and devouring it... Made me feel horrible. I sauntered up the creek, mounting up to meet the meadow breathlessly. I still had a feeling this wasn’t over. At the meadow, I faceplanted into the cool blades of grass, murmuring some few muffled, unintelligible words into the earth...

_*_

~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~

OOC;

~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 6/29/2010, 9:18 pm

Rocus

After I saw Ms. McClinsey kick Bree, I had to close my eyes for a moment, focusing my gaze on the ground. My hair, a caramelized chestnut in the flood of light, hung in a straight layer to conceal my shadow-lined features. I didn't want to watch it any longer. I felt bile rising in my throat at the thought of Bree being hurt. And there it was again; that heart wrenching guilt that hit me when I bit her. I had managed to push it away for only so long, but I should have known it would come back sooner or later. Maybe it was that brief spritz of tobacco I had, or just the gratification I got from the blood itself that held it off for that long.

Regardless, now, with her in so much danger, I felt my knees buckle, my breath coming in shallow gasps. I only dared to look up when I heard the hair-raising screech erupt from our hostess. Next thing I knew, Bree was already back at the meadow.

I swallowed down a gasp. Did Bree really kill her?

"Bree..." I whispered, dragging myself off of the ground and sauntering over to her cautiously. I was stuck in between deciding whether to wrap my arms around her or run away. Instead, I stood there, looking at her blankly, with what was probably concern plastered against my features. I hated it, I hated that part of me, but it existed right now and I couldn't stop it.

Van Alton

OOC;

Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 6/29/2010, 9:32 pm

Breanne Rose
×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ×

So close your eyes, but don't dream too deep.

And please pass me some memories

~.•.~.•.~.•.~.•.~.•.~.•.~.•.~

And when I fall you're underneath

1000 broken hearts... carried by 1000 broken wings

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 Wheeee10

Broken Wings...

_*_

My heart took off, beating like helicopter blades, the sound almost a single sustained note; it felt like it would grind through my ribs. My back arched involuntarily, soon my torso slumped back to the ground, the wings now somewhere inside of me. My claws dug into that damp ground like my life depended on it; not only my back burning, but this fire inside of me, having already consumed everything that was combustible—my heart galloped toward it’s last beat while the last few remnants of my human organs burned away. Well, the fire constricted, concentrating on that one human organ with an unbearable surge. The surge was answered with a deep, hollow sounding thud. My breathing became even more ragged, I had to roll onto my back—No matter how much that hurt—to be able to breathe more properly. My heart stuttered twice, and then thudded quietly just once more. There was no sound. I opened my eyes, gazed in wonder. For a moment, the absence of pain was all I could comprehend, and my human body returning... For now, at least. But then something else occurred to me—It was something I couldn’t miss... I was never going to be normal, again. And I just had to know what that Shakespearean mumbo-jumbo was, before... What that whole ‘oath’ thing was about... Why I was sent this blessing.

_*_

Do not heal...

~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Character: Breanne Rose
Lyrics: Broken Wings ~ Flyleaf
OOC:

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 Yayaya10
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 6/29/2010, 9:53 pm

Rocus

I knelt down beside her, feeling light drops of rain fall down, spattering against my leather jacket. I shrugged it off my shoulders, trying to enjoy the cool water as it soaked through the thin material of my shirt, as if trying to wash away the memories of what I had just seen right now. Surely, someone like me should have never witnessed such a thing. No one was meant to know it existed.

"Bree..." I muttered again, for what seemed like the millionth time that night. A name I had learned not 24 hours ago, yet it was now the name of probably the only person left in my life who held some fraction of significance. It was the only thing I could bring myself to say, in my now hoarse voice. I could have asked her if she was fine, what just happened, what was going to happen, but it was pointless. What did it all mean to me, anyway? Even if she could think of some intelligible answer, would it change a thing?

I sighed, taking her fingertips in mine, hoping I could be of some comfort to her. If Ms. McClinsey really was dead, that would have been her first kill. I knew what it felt like; to murder, it was the filthiest feeling. The guilt was unbearable, an actual physical pain. I wondered if she was going through that right now. I remember my first time, I spent the whole night throwing up and sobbing. Of course, at the time, I was only sixteen and still pathetically weak. But it still left me in awe, the fact that a human being could get the worst kind of illness, just because of their own conscience. It was why I had to push mine away all those years, and yet it still returned to me.

I looked at her silently, unsure what else to say. I was never a tremendously vocabulous man at the best of times, let alone now.

Van Alton

OOC;

Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 6/30/2010, 3:13 am

(Crystal, I quoted a post for Jagger o.0)
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 6/30/2010, 6:45 am

Dark Fairytales wrote:(Crystal, I quoted a post for Jagger o.0)

({ I knooooooooooooooow. xD })
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 6/30/2010, 7:24 am

Komoda wrote:

Rocus

I knelt down beside her, feeling light drops of rain fall down, spattering against my leather jacket. I shrugged it off my shoulders, trying to enjoy the cool water as it soaked through the thin material of my shirt, as if trying to wash away the memories of what I had just seen right now. Surely, someone like me should have never witnessed such a thing. No one was meant to know it existed.

"Bree..." I muttered again, for what seemed like the millionth time that night. A name I had learned not 24 hours ago, yet it was now the name of probably the only person left in my life who held some fraction of significance. It was the only thing I could bring myself to say, in my now hoarse voice. I could have asked her if she was fine, what just happened, what was going to happen, but it was pointless. What did it all mean to me, anyway? Even if she could think of some intelligible answer, would it change a thing?

I sighed, taking her fingertips in mine, hoping I could be of some comfort to her. If Ms. McClinsey really was dead, that would have been her first kill. I knew what it felt like; to murder, it was the filthiest feeling. The guilt was unbearable, an actual physical pain. I wondered if she was going through that right now. I remember my first time, I spent the whole night throwing up and sobbing. Of course, at the time, I was only sixteen and still pathetically weak. But it still left me in awe, the fact that a human being could get the worst kind of illness, just because of their own conscience. It was why I had to push mine away all those years, and yet it still returned to me.

I looked at her silently, unsure what else to say. I was never a tremendously vocabulous man at the best of times, let alone now.

Van Alton

OOC;

Breanne Rose

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 Stella11

Broken Wings...

_*_

I smiled... I actually smiled. Even though I knew there was a flipside to the joy, though... If you turned the fabric of my life over, I imagined the design on the backside would be woven in the bleak grays of doubt and fear. “Well,” Was my first word. “What’s with the sudden sympathy?” Was my first sentence, spoken within the same breath. I jerked my fingers away from his as a chuckle sniffed out of my nose. “Besides, it was only a mere, tiny onslaught... The beginning. This can’t be over in any way, shape, or form... Not yet. You don’t get blessed with this, for just...” My smile converted into a smirk. “Saving some random loser’s life... A loser who needs a gym membership and vitamins, pronto... Anyway, why the worry, prick? I’m fine; always was and always will be. Meh, it’s either all about the fact that I saved your life or that my clothes are thoroughly shredded.” I shivered, poked him in the ribs, stumbled to my feet, and grabbed his jacket. I sighed blithely as I sloppily attempted to slide it on. I shrugged into it and zipped it up maximally. “Thanks for the jacket.”

_*_

Do not heal...

OOC:

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 Cute10
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 6/30/2010, 1:59 pm

Rocus

"Sympathy?" I asked, a sneer crawling across my lips. "Well, if that's what makes you feel better, I guess you could call it that..."

I shook my head vigurously, gaze focused on the ground before my eyes snapped up to hers, my eyes blazing with chocolate fire. "But I don't feel sympathy for anyone, and that includes you, Breanne. I guess I was hoping you had a fraction of a soul left, that maybe you'd feel bad for you know, killing the hostess. That way, I could have taken advantage, maybe tried to get your blood. I can only go so long without it, you know. But you've become a lot stronger, my friend; kudos to you."

Yet all I had said, save the last sentence, was such a lie that I couldn't help but throw in a cheeky grin, tainted with pure bitterness. "If you'll excuse me, now that we're done here, I'm off to go back to the mansion before I get seen here and accused of this murder."

I jumped to my feet, turning on my heels and facing the direction of the forest. The rain pelted down on either side of me as I took a moment to lift my head to the sky. The stars were still shining brilliantly against the inked canvas, not to be outdone by the flashing moon. I watched the smoky condensation leave my breath, floating in the slightly chilled air as I stalled for time.

I had come to the conclusion that since I met this girl, there were two different parts of myself. I couldn't decide which one was a lie, and which one was true. I was a heartless, superficial, filthy, cold 'prick', as Bree would say. Yet, there was still that nagging part of me, that was kind of protective, still a prick, but maybe sort of cared about what happened to Bree. There wasn't any part of me that loved her, or anything at all to that same corny extent, but she was the first slightly-more-than-acquaintance (if she could even be considered that) that I'd had in a long time. And for that reason, the way I spoke to her now was even hard for someone like me to do.

It was easy at first. Leading her on in order to drink her blood, like I did to every other girl I had ever met before. But she wasn't like every other girl I had ever met before. She wasn't trashy, she wasn't easy, she wasn't anything bad. She might have been cursed/blessed with this deranged fallen angel power, but all the same... She was alright. And that was why I had to push her away.

The rain poured on, making my hair cling heavily against my skin. "You should probably get back too," I grumbled, ditching my thoughts and starting towards the trees.

Van Alton

OOC;

Last edited by Komoda on 6/30/2010, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a bit more)
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 7/1/2010, 3:14 pm

Breanne Rose

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 Wheeee10

Broken Wings...

_*_

“Wow... such protocol, you have... such code of behaviour... such... etiquette.” I muttered solemnly into the distance with a snort. “Leaving your brand new friend behind, all alone in the woods... Very civil, Rocus, extremely mannerly.” I wasn’t exactly well-behaved, myself. I remembered, long ago, on Open School Day for Kindergarten, I used Cuisenaire rods primarily intended for math—bright-colored unit strips of twos, threes, fours, fives—and fashioned them to spell a curse word. I chuckled to myself moderately, thinking; ‘Ah, the good ol’ times’. I then scurried on after Rocus, having already lost him in the dark. When I entered the manor, Rocus was somehow nowhere in sight. Oh, well. My attention was far too adhered by the sweet scent of gourmet spaghetti Bolognese, drifting from the kitchen. Jeez, were these new smelling senses ever distracting, or what? And if this whole thing was a dream—I had to be thorough with my new senses. I may have to wake up sooner than later. But still, by now, the smell of food got it’s hooks in me so deep, that I couldn’t help but to scamper on over to the kitchen like some crazed crab. Like the scent tugged at my heartstrings, or triggered some adrenaline rush. What was there better to do for the remainder of this dream if it was one, anyway? It would surely distract me from the terrible fact that I may wake up soon—and then start premature wrinkles, or something. I felt like squealing, I did. It sounded like a peal of bells. Just as I did so, my stomach growled. The kitchen was utterly empty. How strange... Bizarre... Perfect. Everything seemed to be even slightly perfect, though. For instance, my stomach felt like mushy Angel Soft toilet paper by the time I realized that I am practically in a relationship with Rocus, now. A mighty friendship of sorts... Or not.

_*_

Do not heal...

OOC: This was a super quick reply, I'm sorry. I'm going camping, soon! Like, in twenty minutes! I think... I'll be back after or during the weekends... It sucks! >.<

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 25 Yayaya10
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/6/2010, 1:00 am

Rocus

I sprawled out on my bed, staring into the darkness of the ceiling above me. The way the wet material of my clothes clung to my skin was uncomfortable, yet bearable in my current state. The heroine I injected only moments ago was now pumping heavily through my bloodstream, casting a blissful feeling of euphoria over me. The time was slowly slipping away, and nothing mattered anymore. The bad thoughts of a demonic angel killing my hostess didn't exist. I wasn't stuck here at this mansion, wondering what the heck I could do to get myself out of this situation. I wasn't infatuated with some girl I had just met; but heck, it didn't take drugs to figure that one out.

But rather, I was back home, with my family. It was a cold Christmas Eve, the snowflakes tumbling like dancers clad in diamond leotards. We were safe and sound, basking in the glowing light of the fireplace before us. My sister and I were fighting over which stocking was which; of course I always had the red one and she the pink, but I wanted that Barbie doll of hers. I remember lying to her over and over again, insisting she always had the crimson stocking, and eventually she believed me. "Ro," she mumbled, her lip trembling, "why did Santy give me boy things? Is it because of my haircut?"
And so, with a sappy grin, I rambled into another lie about how Santa was colour blind. I'd never seen her so happy in my life, yet I didn't even give her the Barbie doll back.

The thought of her beaming face, bright cocoa eyes, and shaggy brown hair made my own lips curve upwards. However, the usual pang of guilt and sorrow associated with her never came. I knew it was safe to bring back the memories in this state, as long as I forgot them when I woke.

When the flashback sizzled away, I flipped over onto my stomach with a sigh, face buried into my pillow. It wasn't long before sleep took over and I drifted into unconsciousness.

Van Alton

OOC;

Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down