The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish?

5 posters

Go down

Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish? Empty Re: Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish?

Post by shadowsowner888 5/1/2010, 7:59 pm

It's definitely okay to write without that stuff. ^^ Personally I'd be more interested with the romance and fighting, but there's going to be other people who will enjoy more the stuff without romance and gore. For the purpose of Twig, I'd recommend trying it, since the majority of us here prefer a bit of romance and fighting at least . . . but do whatever you feel comfortable with. :3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish? 1312Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish? 2412Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish? 3349Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish? 3548Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/1/2010, 10:15 pm

Awesome! :3 Can't wait to read it.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish? 1312Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish? 2412Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish? 3349Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish? 3548Are My Stories Too Little Kiddish? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aven 7/1/2010, 11:53 am

Yeah Tara, it's perfectly fine to do no major stuff. I don't like detailed things much, especially really detailed battles. Makes me feel sick. O.o
But I do enjoy some romance and such, but you can do whatever you want. nod
Aven
Aven
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by GraceMarie8 7/5/2010, 4:31 pm

I'm very weird, myself. I like to write with a lot of death, gore, and romance, but thats because thats what I'm comfortable writing. Even when I was really little I liked to write romance and such. Its my thing.

Most audiences on TWIG do prefer some romance or more mature subjects, but I think that its prefectly fine to write those things. (: I would just experiment a little, try to broaden your horizons. Maybe just attempt writing a random romantic scene and try it! You never know, maybe you will like writing that way!
GraceMarie8
GraceMarie8
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/8/2010, 2:36 pm

Welll... each person has their own style, and if that's yours, run with it. Just like style, each person has their own taste in stories. Usually people read what they like to write. I like to write bloody romantic serious stuff, and I enjoy reading about the same thing. Occasionally, I read something different, sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. I love that feeling of romance, the nervousness, the happiness, the feeling of being on edge. But that's me. You may not like that, and as you age and mature, that may be you. But if you don't feel comfortable writing it, your readers will sense that and the story won't be as good. Write what you want <3
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 7/8/2010, 2:48 pm

I think writing about what you love is fine. (: Just about all my poems are happiness and love, and I know someone who writes everything about dying and misery and whatnot. xD And then there are some that write gory stuff and some that write about dogs and such. I think that's cool! Twig is better when we have a variety of stories so people can have something they love to read. I would totally read your stories. (:
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down