The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haunt's Freewrites

3 posters

Go down

Haunt's Freewrites Empty Haunt's Freewrites

Post by ForeverHaunted 5/5/2010, 9:11 pm

I will certainly not post freewrites everyday, so don't expect me to X) I freewrite everyday, but it's generally just random rambling and bits and pieces of stories, but every time something good comes up I'll post it. So... Yeah =D

Maturity: High-ish
Fantasy: None
Time Written: 7:53 P.M. to 8:06 P.M.
Date Written: Wednesday May 5, 2010
She slammed the door to her room, dropping onto the bed, tears streaming down her face. Every single day, this happened. Her parents just didn't get it. They didn't get anything, because they didn't know her. "I can't take this," she whispered to the air, and threw open her bedside table drawing, fumbling around in it until she felt the shard of broken mirror, pulling it out. She stood, stumbling to the bathroom connected to her bedroom, closing and locking the door behind her. She dropped onto the edge of the bathtub, greasy black hair falling around her face, tears streaming from dark brown eyes. She rolled up her sleeves, exposing the long, violent scars there, and then her pant legs, matching scars there. Three years. Three years, her parents and been causing this. "They don't understand anything about me," she whispered, choked. She pressed the glass to her arm, not hesitating a second before slicing through the skin, exhaling at the sense of relief and release flooding out with the blood. She quickly turned on the shower, running it loudly partially to drown out any noise she might make, and partially to wash away the blood. She shivered slightly, repeating the process over and over, relief flooding her every time, feeling at least happier now. And then she heard pounding on her door. "Sarah! Are you okay?" her mother called loudly. She quickly scrambled to her feet, rolling down her sleeves and pant legs, shoving the shard of mirror into one pocket. She turned the shower off, then scrambled to the door, ignoring the warmth running down her arms and legs. She unlocked and then opened the door to see her mother standing there. "What is it, m--" she gasped as she felt the shard of mirror dig deeply into her thigh, clutching at it and dropping to her knees, breathing quickly. She reached into her pocket, pulling the shard out while barely suppressing a scream of pain, seeing her mother's hands fluttering helplessly around her. She swiftly stripped off her pants, staring at the deep wound as her vision got hazy, feeling excruciatingly weak. "Oh, my God, Sarah," her mother gasped in horror, grabbing a towel and attempting to staunch the bleeding. "We have to get you to a hospital!" She barely remembered being rushed out of the house into an ambulance, barely remembered the doctors and nurses shouting around her as they tried to fix the damage that was done. The last thing she remembered before her life faded away, was her parents standing over her, clutching each other and sobbing, tears rolling down their faces.
Sometimes losing what you love the most is what teaches you to love at all.

Maturity: Medium
Fantasy: Medium
Time Written: Eh, about 7:02 P.M. to 8:10 P.M.
Date Written: Friday May 7, 2010
“I don't know,” I answered truthfully, glancing up at the tree Shadow was perched in, watching me quietly, his wings folded slightly against his back, glinting in the fading sunlight. He smiled slightly, then jumped soundlessly down beside me. “I hope you're not afraid of heights,” he said quietly, stepping behind me. I started to protest, then squeaked and closed my eyes as he wrapped his arms around my waist, and I felt us lift into the air. I heard the sound of his wings beating, and after a few minutes hesitantly opened one eye, glancing down. I gasped, eyes flashing wide open, as I saw how high up we were. “You're fine,” Shadow said quickly, tightening his hold slightly as he felt me tense. I nodded weakly, turning my head to look at him, afraid if I looked at the ground I would freak out. He gazed back at me quietly, eyes dark and expressionless. A few more minutes passed in silence like that, and I tried to ignore how high in the air we were. Finally, he started to drop down, and I closed my eyes again. He released his hold slightly as we hit the ground and it shook below us—Wait. I opened my eyes, glancing around, and realized we were on a thick limb a few hundred feet up in a pine tree. I turned to face him, eyes wide, and he smiled slightly at me. He still had his wings out, and absently, I hesitantly reached out, touching the edge of one with the tips of my fingers. He held completely still, watching me silently, and I glanced up at him. “Do you know now?” he asked softly, then bent his head slightly, pressing his lips to mine. I stood tensely in shock for a few moments, then sighed quietly, leaning against him.

Maturity: Medium(just kissing&stuff =P)
Fantasy: Medium-ish
Time Written: 10:40 A.M. to 11:24 A.M.
Date Written: Sunday May 9, 2010
I walked silently down the halls, barefooted, in the quiet darkness of night. It was past curfew and I wasn't supposed to be out of the dorm, but I couldn't sleep. I slipped into the library, opening the door just enough to get through, then closing it behind me. I paused for a moment, brushing my pale red hair out of my face, as I let my eyes adjust to the light. As soon as I could see properly, I walked deeper into the library, wandering between the shelves, dark blue eyes grazing the book titles as I searched for something to read. It was around one in the morning, and I had snuck out of the girl's dorm, racing barefoot across the soft, green, moonlit grounds of Gordon Parks' Academy for the Arts, into the library. I had been up all night, unable to sleep ever since I had met Shadow in the woods earlier that day. Wings... I thought, stunned by it even now. He had wings, for pity's sake. It was astonishing, really. I blinked, shaking my head slightly, as I realized I was frozen with one hand on the spine of a book that had looked semi-interesting. I leaned closer, peering at the title, and blinked in surprise as I realized what it was. 'Angels' was all it said. "Well, it can't hurt," I muttered to myself, pulling it off the shelf. I walked across the plush, deep and velvety red carpet to one of the many areas with chairs and a table, curling up in a comfortable position. I flipped the book open, scanning briefly through the pages, then turned to the table of contents. I found what I was looking for, and quickly moved to a section near the back, 'Fallen Angels'. Fallen angels have been banished from heaven for one of two reasons; they commited a great sin, or fell in love with a mortal. Was the first sentence. Intrigued, I read on.
When falling, most Fallen are stripped of their wings, though few escape this punishment, remaining only with wings of pure darkness, an unbelievably deep black. Being immortals, they often have other powers, as well. A common belief among some is that Fallen can control and read minds, and use these powers only for evil, but this isn't true. They can read minds, but not control them, and rarely even use this power. Fallen angels are believed to be evil, with dark souls, but they infact certainly aren't. In fact, most can't even feel emotion at all. When a Fallen falls in love with a mortal, all emotion is stripped from them as punishment, along with their wi-- Sickened, I closed the book, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Then he couldn't be a Fallen angel, right? He still had his wings, and obviously still had emotions. But maybe... Maybe he was one of the few who escaped punishment. I started to stand up, still thinking, and the book slipped from my lap, hitting the floor with a loud thunk. "What was that?" came a shout, and I froze, holding my breath. "Who's there?" the voice shouted again, and I realized it was the history teacher, Ms. Frittz. I scrambled, quickly replacing the book on the shelf, and dove behind a book cart as she came around the corner. I held my breath, watching her move around, looking behind everything, peering out between two shelves on the cart. Then she began moving away, towards the door, and I realized that would leave me with no way out. I swore mentally, standing up and glanzing around. Suddenly, a hand touched my shoulder, and I sucked in a breath to scream, but another was quickly clamped over my mouth. "Shhh, it's just me," Shadow's voice murmured behind me, and I relaxed slightly. Then suddenly, I felt something feathery brush my arm, and realized with a start it was his wing. "I know how to get out of here," he said quickly, pulling both arms and his wing away from me. I nodded slightly, turning and following him as he slipped quickly between the shelves. We dashed out a back door I hadn't know existed before, into the darkness of the night. I blinked a few times as my eyes adjusted to the moonlight, glancing around. We were behind the library, not far from the beginning of the forest. "What were you doing in there?" he asked, in a normal tone now that we were outside. "Reading," I replied, shrugging slightly, and he smirked at me in the pale light. I glared at him, then turned and started to walk in the direction of the girl's dorm, grass tickling my bare feet slightly. "Hey, wait up," he said, catching up with me with only a few long strides. "You can't come in the girl's dorm," I replied acidly, irritated for some reason. He smiled slightly, catching me off guard, and I stopped. He stopped slightly in front of me, turning to face me, and I looked up at him. The moonlight made his skin look even paler, and just for a second, I thought I saw a purplish hue glinting off black feathers behind him. "I want to talk to you," he said quietly, dark gray eyes boring into my own, his messy dark hair falling nearly to his shoulders. I blinked, digging my toes into the grass. "About what?" I asked quickly, trying to distract myself so I wouldn't stare at his wings. He gazed at me silently for a moment, then said very softly, "This," and leaned down, pressing his lips to mine. I felt his wings brush against both my arms, but barely noticed. I sighed lightly, leaning against him, bringing my arms up to wrap around his neck, fingertips touching the edges of each wing. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer and tilting his head slightly, deepening the kiss. "Having fun?" came a sarcastic voice behind me suddenly, and I jumped nearly a foot in the air, pulling away from Shadow. He kept his arms tight around me, looking over my head, wings already tight against his back. I craned my head around to see who it was, and my stomach dropped in shock. "I knew I couldn't trust you," Alex said coldly, his eyes dark.

Last edited by ForeverHaunted on 5/10/2010, 12:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
ForeverHaunted
ForeverHaunted
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Haunt's Freewrites Siggy-It's name is Fawks. GO FAWKS!(Harry Potter freak =D)
Female Posts : 322

http://www.vfkforums.com/forums/member.php?u=3606

Back to top Go down

Haunt's Freewrites Empty Re: Haunt's Freewrites

Post by shadowsowner888 5/6/2010, 12:02 pm

I really love that one. *-* Freewrites like this are so fun to read, for some reason.

(And I know this has nothing to do with it, but I so love your siggy. xD)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Haunt's Freewrites 1312Haunt's Freewrites 2412Haunt's Freewrites 3349Haunt's Freewrites 3548Haunt's Freewrites 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_is_Lightning 5/7/2010, 12:22 am

x] Teehee. Jeez, I just LOVE your writing Silenty-sama ^-^ Hope you know that :D Your SOOO good. ^-^ Keep it up x] && I love this one, also. How it's so short but so ah-mazing :)
Love_is_Lightning
Love_is_Lightning
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 677

http://www.vfkforums.com/forums/member.php?u=3719

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverHaunted 5/7/2010, 12:40 am

>:U Thanks, guys. Normally I think my freewrites are failures... That was my first good one in like, weeks x)
And yes, Kumori Sundavhor(=D), I know my siggy owns =P
ForeverHaunted
ForeverHaunted
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverHaunted 5/8/2010, 1:55 am

New freewrite ish up. It's technically part of a story, but I wrote it out WAY ahead of time during a random freewrite session, so... It counts =D
ForeverHaunted
ForeverHaunted
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/8/2010, 12:30 pm

Oooh yay! Very Happy A character named Shadow! That one is cool.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Haunt's Freewrites 1312Haunt's Freewrites 2412Haunt's Freewrites 3349Haunt's Freewrites 3548Haunt's Freewrites 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverHaunted 5/8/2010, 10:57 pm

X) Haha, Kumori Lawliet(Yes, I read people's nickname things out of boredom). Yeah, he's an epic character I thought up randomly a while ago ^-^
ForeverHaunted
ForeverHaunted
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/9/2010, 8:02 am

Yay! Very Happy I've been recognized as Mrs. Lawliet!
Oh yesh, he certainly is epic. *-* And I'm not saying that just because of his name, for the record. XD Seriously, who can resist a dude with wings? Wings are hot!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverHaunted 5/9/2010, 12:25 pm

Lol, I know they are, Kumori Lawliet >:U If only Lawliet had wings, the world would be perfect.... Teehee, added another freewrite X)
ForeverHaunted
ForeverHaunted
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_is_Lightning 5/9/2010, 7:19 pm

T.T *stares at them in shock* X.X Those.....are.....so.....EPIC!!!!!! -dies of the awesome-ness-
Forest: ...........
Love_is_Lightning
Love_is_Lightning
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverHaunted 5/10/2010, 12:50 pm

*points at Forest* Don't look at me like that *-* I'm writing them from Ghost's view! God, if I was writing those from MY view... *shudders in horror* O.o
ROFL, Lightie-sama X) Thanks, I guess? =P
Glass: ROFL, were you jealous there, Forest? X)
Right o.o Anyway, I decided I might turn that one from yesterday into an actual story X) It was a random idea that popped into my head, but I'm gonna start working on it and see where that takes me.
ForeverHaunted
ForeverHaunted
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/10/2010, 8:19 pm

OMG, yes. Very Happy That would be perfect.

:3 I think the ones with Shadow are really cool. You should so make them into stories!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_is_Lightning 5/10/2010, 9:31 pm

Yes. Yes you should make it into a book ^-^ A BOOK YOU WILL NOT FORGET. *-*
Forest: No, but I have a right to be angry if that WAS you, Silent, don't I?
Love_is_Lightning
Love_is_Lightning
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverHaunted 5/10/2010, 10:09 pm

ROFL, totally X)
T^T At the moment, in my opinion, not really, Forest. *points at VFKF*
ForeverHaunted
ForeverHaunted
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_is_Lightning 5/12/2010, 2:51 am

@_@ OK, technically, I posted that BEFORE, so.... that doesn't count x]
Love_is_Lightning
Love_is_Lightning
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverHaunted 5/12/2010, 2:55 am

NU, that counts X) I'm still mad at him anyway. I'm writing a story purposefully to show how mad I am T^T Posting that soon.
ForeverHaunted
ForeverHaunted
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_is_Lightning 5/12/2010, 3:00 am

T.T it does not count! U:<
Love_is_Lightning
Love_is_Lightning
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe