The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acruisie's Freewrites!

2 posters

Go down

Acruisie's Freewrites! Empty Acruisie's Freewrites!

Post by acruisie 6/4/2010, 11:58 pm

Halloween, 2009

WARNING. Below is a little gory, not appropriate for those under age of seven'

I pulled my coat tighter around me, it getting colder the darker it got. I turned and saw my friends standing there in their coats, watching me. Then, I faced the graveyard. Graves surrounded me, each looking scarier than the next. I was now regretting the decision I had made when I had accepted the dare to stay in the graveyard until midnight. My friends had had promised to stand at the edge and wait until midnight, so when my mom came to pick me up it would have looked like we were playing night games.
A huge wind blew and hit me like knives, cutting into every bone in my body. I could swear I heard my bones rattle. My friends had looks on their face of pure terror. Mine probably looked the same.
“Lacey!” My friend Bethany called, backing away from the graveyard. “We give up! You win!” She looked as if she were about to cry.
“C’mon Lacey!” Josh called, and started to turn around. “You win! Let’s get out of here! This place is way too creepy!” I agreed silently, and started to walk toward them, when another cold air of wind hit me, again piercing into me like a knife. Then I heard a voice that sounded like a whisper. A cold, blood-stopping whisper.
“We will let you go. Just remember to come back soon!” The voice said, and faded away with an evil laugh. I felt a cool tear roll down my face, and I broke into a run. Bethany, Josh and all my other friends were nowhere in sight anymore. I ran through the night, not slowing down until I was safely in my house with all the doors locket.

“Lacey, it’s time to get up. You gotta get ready for school,” I awoke too. I blinked and quickly closed my eyes, the light blinding me. Then, daring to squint, I saw my mom standing over me, her big brown eyes staring into my green ones. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, and then opened them, blinking often.
“Okay, um I’ll go get ready,” I said, and jumped out of bed. My mom nodded and murmured something I couldn’t make out, and then left. When she was gone I changed from my blue pajama pants and pink tank-top into a bright yellow shirt which said New York and other cities in fancy cursive in orange.

A half-hour later I headed down to the bus stop. When I passed the graveyard a chill went down my back, and spreading throughout my body. “It was just a dream,” I tried to reassure myself, though I wasn’t so sure.
“Hey Lacey!” Cassie my best friend called. She looked like she had no idea about the creepy scene at the graveyard last night, which calmed me down a little bit. Then I saw her glance toward the graveyard, and shudder. “What do you think-“
“I dunno,” I replied quickly, not wanting to hear what I knew she was going to say. “It was probably late. I am sure we imagined the whole thing, and none of our stories are the same.” Cassie nodded, not so sure. She opened her mouth to reply when the bus pulled up the street, and both of us got on.

The kids on the bus were up to their normal mischief, shouting, and jumping up and down. The only people who weren’t acting normal were Bethany and Josh. The two of them sat frozen in their seats, not glancing out of the window, where the graveyard was, looking quite scary. Cassie and I sat in the seat across from them, and none of us talked until the graveyard was out of sight.
“So do you think that really happened?” Bethany said the first one to talk. “You know… Last night?” I felt no urge to answer, and apparently neither did Josh nor Cassie. Then Mark leaned over from behind Cassie and me.
“Of course it happened, but I am sure I imagined the voice that said all creepily ‘It is time for you to leave now,” Mark said, using his hands to tell the story. Tyson popped up, his hands on the top of Cassie and my seat.
“The voice didn’t say that,” he objected. “It said, ‘Run away while you still have the chance.” He gave Mark the ‘ha’ look.
“Well we’re all here,” Josh said. “Oh and the voice actually said, ‘SHOO!’ Not any of that crap you guys were talking about.”
“The voice absolutely did not say shoo,” Bethany said. “Where did you get that from? It shouted BOO!” We all jumped when she shouted.
“No, it did not say boo or shoo, or any of that, it said, ‘Well why don’t you LEAVE SO SOON?” Cassie said. This was weird. They all started arguing, until I joined the conversation.
“Wait!” I shouted. When they were all quiet I continued. “I heard it say ‘We will let you go. Just remember to come back soon!’ I am sure you have other ideas, but that is what I heard.”
Let’s go back there tonight, and solve this mystery!” Tyson said loudly, followed by many no’s.
“I am not going back there Tyson, you are crazy,” Cassie said, and Bethany and I nodded our heads. The bus pulled up to the school, and we all got off talking at once.

After that, we all soon forgot about the graveyard incident, and it was no more than a story in the back of our minds. It was Halloween night, and we pretty much had to drag Josh from house to house as we went trick-or-treating. By the fifth house Bethany was getting impatient.
“Josh, you know you can walk, get up,” She said to him, and pulled him to his feet.
“This is stupid,” Josh said. I pushed him onto somebody’s lawn. “I am not even in a costume. Just let me go home.” That caused a lot of people to shout at him. “Fine! Let’s just go get as much candy as we can now. It has to last us until next year!” He got up, and we all continued as fast as we could.

We kept this up until nine, when it started getting cold. We walked past the graveyard, and I felt familiar chills go down my back. No one else gave it a second glance. Then, Tyson and Cassie who were leading, turned into the graveyard. Josh, Mark and Bethany followed. My attention was then drawn to Cassie’s back, where her long hair was usually draped, but was now up in her short orange wig. She was being a hippie.
On her back, there was a strange mist. I rubbed my eyes, but it was still there, swaying back and forth.
“Lacey, c’mon!” I turned and saw Mark waving for me to come. I had stopped dead in my tracks, right outside the graveyard. “You’re not still afraid of this place, are you?” I shook my head, and followed them straight in, and straight out of the graveyard. We kept trick-or-treating for another hour or so, when Cassie saw what time it was.
“Guys, it is fifteen minutes to midnight, let’s go home now,” Cassie said, worried. We all agreed, and retraced our steps, back to the graveyard. Right as we stepped foot into the graveyard, we heard Cassie’s watch beep midnight. I watched in terror and misty things arose from the many graves. The misty things came clear and I saw…. I saw…
Ghosts. My friends all stood around me frozen. Then, I heard a little girl’s voice speaking to me.
“HE came back from the dead after doing his good deed, and is here to seek revenge on those who he hates most,” The voice changed directions. “Ten years ago, on Halloween, six kids entered the graveyard at midnight. He got scared. They paired up, one girl with one boy, and went off in different directions. He died that night.” Then the voice came from right in front of me. “One of the kids had a clock for part of their costume. It stroke midnight, allowing the ghosts to arise. He was a horrible man, and when all the kids had left, the spirits took the man with them to the grave. He thinks those kids are you.” I froze there, not moving. I heard a laugh, and when I turned, a man was walking toward me, with an ax.
“Everyone, grab a partner, and go in different directions!” I screamed. Mark grabbed me, and as soon as we had all darted out of our huddle, he swung. When Mark and I ran past him, I saw that he was still part dead. One thing, he was huge. But he also had green bags under his eyes, and he moved slowly. This man, was a zombie.
“Zombie,” Mark whispered. We continued running. Ghosts shouted directions at us. We followed every one. Then I saw an ax land right next to us.
“FASTER!” I screamed. Mark nodded. There was a shack, and not thinking, I darted into it. The door slammed shut behind us. I turned, my heart beating fast. Cassie, Tyson, Josh and Bethany were all huddled in a corner. Bethany mouthed something I read her lips; We’re trapped.
“I got you,” A creepy voice whispered from outside. I stepped back into a puddle of what I thought to be water. As the door creaked open, I went down onto my bottom, and backed up, keeping my eyes on the door. My hand went into the puddle, and when he stepped in, I looked at my hands. They were covered with blood. I let out a silent shriek, and the zombie advanced toward us. His ax was already covered in blood. That meant… I turned and saw that Tyson’s and Cassie’s hands were bleeding. Bethany had a small cut on her forehead, and Josh’s lip had a small cut. I turned and saw that Mark’s leg had a cut. That meant… The ax swung at me, and deep in my thoughts, I wasn’t able to dodge it all the way, even though a zombie was throwing it. It gave my arm a long cut. I gasped and watched blood drip off.
A girl’s spirit appeared in front of me. She gave me a long, exasperated look, and then turned toward the zombie. I watched as his body fell to the ground, and then I passed out.

I awoke up in a hospital bed, and saw my mom in the corner. “She’s awake!” My mom shouted, and came and hugged me. I felt woozy, as if I had had a lot of medicine. “How are you feeling?”
“Fine,” I answered sleepily. “How are they?” My mother understood.
“Fine,” she replied, and stroked my hair. It was then that I noticed a girl sitting in the corner. She had blond wavy hair, and was wearing a cute blue shirt with a white sweater over it, and a pair of light jeans. “This girl would like to talk to you alone.” My mother then left, leaving me and the girl alone. I recognized her. She was the…
“They granted me life!” The girl cried. She was the ghost that was in the graveyard. “I am the ghost remember? You can call me Marie.”
“How did I get here?” I asked, not really caring, just wanting to hear her voice. It was really pretty with her alive.
“My friend Jacob and I were granted life. We brought you to the hospital where they call your parents. You’ll be okay.” I closed my eyes, and fell back asleep.

Two weeks later, we were all sitting in the graveyard. It was pretty now, fresh green grass and lots of flowers.
Me, Cassie and Marie sat on a bench, and Jacob, Josh, Tyson, Mark and Bethany were all sitting on the ground. We were enjoying the last warm day before winter storms hit.
“Marie?” I asked. “When we came the first time, and a month ago, who were the ghosts who talk to us?”
“They were just spirits,” She corrected me. “No way to tell who. Spirits like to scare people.”
“What was the mist that was behind Cassie?” Mark asked who had apparently seen it too.
“A hitchhiker ghost,” Jacob said. “They cling onto people hoping the chains that keep us in won’t recognize them. It never works.”
“Chains?”
“Yeah, there are chains that sense ghosts, and keep them from leaving the graveyard. Only a time, such as a watch, can weaken them. But not even a time does it enough.” Jacob sat back, and a newspaper blew past. I had the beginning of the front page article memorized. They had been showing it for two weeks now. It was titled, ‘Graveyard Caretaker Dies of Heart Attack’ and then says, ‘two witnesses of the scene named Marie and Jacob claim that he was chasing them and their friends while trick-or-treating, when he suddenly fell to the ground, and didn’t get back up. With an ax, everyone had been hurt except for Marie and Jacob. An autopsy shows that he had a heart attack. The new caretaker is Marie’s and Jacob’s dad.’ And then it said some stuff Marie and Jacob made up.
“Marie, why did the spirits lead us to the shack where we were almost killed?” Cassie asked. “They gave us directions.”
“Because they are on their own kind’s side. They believe he had a right to kill you,” Marie said.
“Why don’t you?” Tyson asked, and shifted uncomfortably.
“Because we know you are innocent. And look, we are alive now!” Marie replied, and gave him a big hug.
“Who is going to take care of the graveyard?” Bethany asked, and then realized she probably shouldn’t.
“Well the chains still hold us here, to we will. Also, these are our people, and it is our job to care for them,” Josh and Marie both said.
“We’ll come visit you often,” I said, and gave them both a hug. “Thank you for everything.
“It isn’t over,” Jacob said. “In ten years he will come back alive and try to kill again, but I have a feeling they’ll be safe.” He winked, and we all laughed.
“And,” Marie said. “Never own an ax. Axes will haunt you until your death. You’ll always see them with you blood on them.” She said this normally as if it was nothing to worry about.
“Ghosts or spirits and Marie call them won’t ever hurt you again, don’t worry. You are safe,” Jacob said, and smiled. We said our good-bye’s, and we headed it. As I left the graveyard, I passed the fence which had an ax leaned up against the fence. The ax had blood on it.
“They may think it is, but it isn’t over for you six left. I’ll always make sure axes find their way to you.” A voice said. I didn’t believe it. Marie had told me that ghosts can’t move things when they are dead. Plus, he couldn’t leave.
“I’ll be waiting for you,” I said, and left.

I have two other freewrites, but they are special to me because I wrote them for my parent's birthdays. I guess they don't count as freewrites then...
acruisie
acruisie
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Acruisie's Freewrites! Siggy

Please click my adopts!

Female Posts : 136

Back to top Go down

Acruisie's Freewrites! Empty Re: Acruisie's Freewrites!

Post by shadowsowner888 6/5/2010, 1:47 am

Oh my gosh, that's creepy. :O Good job!

But I'd say those other freewrites count as freewrites! ^^
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Acruisie's Freewrites! 1312Acruisie's Freewrites! 2412Acruisie's Freewrites! 3349Acruisie's Freewrites! 3548Acruisie's Freewrites! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by acruisie 6/5/2010, 9:33 am

As soon as I get on the other computer, I'll add them up!
acruisie
acruisie
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Please click my adopts!

Female Posts : 136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down