The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When does TwigWriSum start?

+12
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Komoda
Akeria
LuckyPenny666
Kiriana Shadeweaver
leah_hope92
Cyn431
PugsRock
Avé
MusicWritingLove
Arianna
shadowsowner888
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Timeframe

When does TwigWriSum start? Left1044%When does TwigWriSum start? Right10 44% 
[ 8 ]
When does TwigWriSum start? Left1033%When does TwigWriSum start? Right10 33% 
[ 6 ]
When does TwigWriSum start? Left1022%When does TwigWriSum start? Right10 22% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

When does TwigWriSum start? Empty When does TwigWriSum start?

Post by shadowsowner888 5/30/2010, 7:58 am

Okay. I'm hoping most of you have at least seen the TwigWriSum thread, but if not, here's the link.

https://shadowsowner888.forumotion.net/lightbulbs-f28/twigwrisum-t6302.htm#343355

That's not the point, though. I'm saying this because I need you guys - being the whole site - to make a decision and make it fast. It'd been suggested that we started TwigWriSum on June 1st and went to the end of August, and then there was another suggestion about starting it on summer and ending on fall - like the official dates on the calenders - and then the other one was starting and ending the Friday before summer and the Sunday after.

Well, June 1st is in like two days, so yes. Please vote, and vote fast, and . . . well, I'll give you some points to consider for each.

June 1st-August 31st:
  • Easier to remember.
  • Some people will be back in school in August, so this is best for their schedules, if they do it.
  • Other people will still be in school when it starts.
  • Rather soon; there's no time for planning.
  • Starts and ends on a weekday, maybe a moot point if you don't have school, but still.
  • Lasts 92 days

June 21st-September 22nd:
  • A bit easier than random dates to remember, as it's the official start and end of summer.
  • Gives us enough time to plan.
  • School may interfere with this schedule, if people go back earlier.
  • Lets everyone (including me) have a chance to get out of school first.
  • Lasts 94 days.

June 18th-September 26th:
  • Hardest to remember.
  • Gives us enough time to plan.
  • People may be in school around the start and end.
  • Starts on a Friday and ends on a Sunday, so we get the best possible amounts of time to start and finish on.
  • Lasts 101 days.

Mkay, yeah. So vote, and thank you for your opinion. ^^

(Another note - you don't have to participate, no, but even if you're not it would be awesome if you could give your vote. smiley And this is in announcements because I need to make sure everyone sees it, and plus, people may need to hear about TwigWriSum if they haven't already. xD)

Thanks for your votes so far, everyone. ^^ I'm going to post the official decision some time this evening (or at least before I log off today), to give us as much time as possible to get more votes.

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 5/31/2010, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

When does TwigWriSum start? 1312When does TwigWriSum start? 2412When does TwigWriSum start? 3349When does TwigWriSum start? 3548When does TwigWriSum start? 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

When does TwigWriSum start? Empty Re: When does TwigWriSum start?

Post by Arianna 5/30/2010, 8:00 am

I really like the first one. Very Happy I think that it will give everyone a fair chance to take part, especially people who'll be going back earlier - I don't think that many people, even those who get out rather late, will be in school for much of September, so it'd be a rather unproductive month. :/

So, yup. :3 What did you vote for?
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

When does TwigWriSum start? 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/30/2010, 8:04 am

I voted for the last one. I can't deny your logic makes the most sense, but personally I really don't want to have to start on June 1st. And I'm just insane enough to want a huge amount of time to write during. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

When does TwigWriSum start? 1312When does TwigWriSum start? 2412When does TwigWriSum start? 3349When does TwigWriSum start? 3548When does TwigWriSum start? 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/30/2010, 8:12 am

Going for a million words, are we? ^^

Haha, you do have a point. If we are starting on Tuesday... gosh, I really need to come up with a plot. xP
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/30/2010, 8:33 am

Quite, darling, quite. Very Happy

Yeahhh . . . assuming we're not even being so strict as to suggest that we have to start an entirely new story (because as long as we keep the old and new parts separate it shouldn't matter), I was hoping to work on my David and Lyssa story, but I have too many ideas so I'm not positive. xD I just really don't wanna abandon it, so yeah.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/30/2010, 8:41 am

Good luck on the story. nod

I have this story that I've been meaning to start, but I want to work really hard on it and have it be amazing - with a great plot and awesome characters and perfect writing. -dreams-
Perhaps I'll write a few thousand words on that over the summer, but I'll have to get the rest of the words some other way. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicWritingLove 5/30/2010, 8:42 am

I like one and three, I just can't decide which I like more. :3
MusicWritingLove
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post by AvĂ© 5/30/2010, 8:44 am

I like the first option the most, but that's only because it's the one that interferes with my school schedule the least, so I suppose that's a bit of a selfish reason. xD But seriously, I get back to school on the tenth of August and I get out on the fourth of June, so the first option would be my vote. I think it's the one that would probably meet others' schedules the best too.
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 5/30/2010, 8:45 am

I'm in school at the beginning and end of all of those dates, except I'm not in school at the end of the first one, but my school ends on the 24th. Sad So I wouldn't be able to start it until late. And there's no time to plan for that one...
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/30/2010, 8:53 am

:3 Thanks.

Oooh, I hope it turns out to be everything you're hoping. :3 Maybe you could start it around the last month of TwigWriSum? Then if you just work really hard until then, you won't have to worry about falling behind or anything.

Thanks for the input, guys. ^^

Yeah, Pugs, I see what you're saying, which is my own reasoning for not wanting to do the first since I'm in the same boat. You could start it, though, you just wouldn't get as much done as you might. Heck, people manage to write their 50k in November with school and stuff interfering. :3 I wrote 300k, and I certainly didn't have school off. And who knows, it might be an interesting experience without planning . . . ?

I'm trying to reassure myself at the same time I encourage you, though. xDD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/30/2010, 8:56 am

I think I'm going to be working on a main story, which probably won't be that good, and work on it bit by bit on the side - see, I'm doing a whole snowflake writing thing, which takes time. nod

I wrote two stories which weren't planned, and while they weren't that good, they were fun to write. Very Happy Plus, maybe it'll be nice to start early. :3 Even if school is still going, there's enough time to write.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 5/30/2010, 8:56 am

Well, I see what you mean about the school thing, but not the planning. If I don't plan, I know I'll just run out of ideas and stop. And well, I need to think of a story. So I think I'll pick the 2nd one, for the planning reasons, and it interferes the least. Kinda. xDD
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/30/2010, 9:00 am

PugsRock wrote:Well, I see what you mean about the school thing, but not the planning. If I don't plan, I know I'll just run out of ideas and stop. And well, I need to think of a story. So I think I'll pick the 2nd one, for the planning reasons, and it interferes the least. Kinda. xDD
Haha, the thing is that it's sort of fun to just write a story, and keep going. Sure, you might end up killing ten characters in a chapter and then having them transported back into time, but it's fun to see the results. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 5/30/2010, 9:16 am

xD, Arianna. Well, I've tried to write a story without planning, on all of them are unfinished. xD And really, I don't have a single idea for the story.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/30/2010, 9:44 am

Ahh, yeah. xD I almost did the snowflake thing once myself, but didn't want to put so much work into it . . .

Okai, Pugs. ^^ (Oh, but you can always freewrite. Very Happy I was doing nothing but totally random, crappy freewriting during the last few days of Nanowrimo, and actually got an interesting story out of it for a while . . . a short one, but still. xD)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/30/2010, 9:49 am

Yeah, I tried once... And then I stopped. But this time I'm actually going to do it. So far I have the beginning of step one: "A 15-year-old..." and that's sorta where I stopped. xD

Wheeee! Crappy freewriting is fun! :3
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/30/2010, 9:53 am

Oh yes, so fun. Very Happy And the only way I can write over 1k in ten minutes.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 5/30/2010, 11:08 am

I voted for the first one. I said that pretty much due to a selfish reason, but as the post progresses throughout my "explaining" (which is really rambling) I hope I can find ways to make this vote less selfish.
Anyway, my reason behind this is because it works best for my personal schedule. Each year I either get out in the fourth week of May, on extremely rare occasions third or fifth, and I go back in the second or third week (although this year I have some extra leadership training days). There are other people who may be in school on either end of the spectrum as well, but usually, unless they get out in July (o.0), there's not a lot going on in and/or after school anyway. At least that's how it is for me. So instead they could be writing!
As for the other dates, well, I pretty much have the same reason. 6/18 is about the mark that states when my boredom weeks are done and I get to have lots of FUN. Very Happy For those three weeks of boredom I'd like to write instead of just sit around and go meh. Now, that's selfish, bu some others might feel the same. Plus by 9/22 I actually get into eighth grade which I imagine others would be in similar situations.

When it comes to planning, well, we've known about this for a little while. I imagine we'd all have at least something in mind to write on, and if we need to we could try to look back at old projects and work on those. That's probably what I'll end up doing because I intend to write a LOT this NaNoWriMo as well. What a Face

Sorry if this post ended up just being a waste of space on the thread. xP
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/30/2010, 11:11 am

Your post isn't a waste of space, Cyn. :3 And I have to disagree - it's not selfish to choose based on when you have time - after all, if the majority of the votes go to one thing, then it sorta makes sense to choose it because those people are the ones who'll have time. xD (Now that didn't make any sense. Razz)

Haha, agreed, Ado. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 5/30/2010, 11:24 am

After reading it a few times, it did make sense. nod And you put up a good point there, I guess it would only be reasonable to use the option most people have the time for. (And now Cyn is going to start rambling again!)

I don't want to offend anybody (and I don't expect to) but I was really confused when I saw the third choice. It just seemed out of place to me and random. I mean, random is what we live off of. Though I don't like having to remember random when it could be simple.

I'm noticing a few bullet points now on beginning and starting dates. Again, I don't mean any offense, but what does that matter? There are people that can write 200k words for NaNoWriMo regardless of starting and ending dates. I believe the wonderful Ari herself did that, and really there isn't a lot of school time off in November unless you get off for Thanksgiving like I do (or if she has something else). Most of us are off for at least half of the time frame allotted no matter which we choose. So I think we could manage a three months goal's worth without worrying over beginning and ending days. Besides, if we were doing TwigWriSum, we'd be writing the whole thing, not cramming it in on those pinpointed days.
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by leah_hope92 5/30/2010, 12:03 pm

I voted for the first one. It's just better for my schedule.

But I do have this story I've been meaning to start. :3
leah_hope92
leah_hope92
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9887

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 5/30/2010, 12:25 pm

Well, to be honest, I'm outta school on the eighteenth, and I'm only staying for the first part of the day; I rather like the idea of coming home and hitting the ground running.
Not sure when I get back in, though.
I'm still in school for two and a half weeks if we start two days from now, and will likely still be bogged down with Geometry homework, plus I still have Finals.
My other classes don't sound too lax for the last thirteen-and-a-half days of school either.
The other one, well, I can't hit the ground running. ^.^;;

(Also, Ari, I just noticed your question on the font on the other thread, and even if it's not important now I hate leaving questions directed at me unanswered; I made my own text. I always sprite my own fonts when I'm on smaller medium.)

I'ma try to at least actually hit 10,000 on a story this summer. My plot's normally almost done at around 6K, then I'm not motivated to finish because it seems too short.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/30/2010, 12:36 pm

Oooh, wow. :3 The text is great, that's why I asked. Very Happy

I'm sure that you'll manage 10,000. ;D
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyPenny666 5/30/2010, 1:30 pm

I say June 20th to August 30th. That way, it doesn't start when people are still in school and we have planning time, and it doesn't overlap with school too much at the end.
LuckyPenny666
LuckyPenny666
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 5/30/2010, 1:34 pm

Honestly, I'm still in school for all of these. I don't get out until the 25th, but I'm fine with starting a few days late.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next