The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When does TwigWriSum start?

+12
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Komoda
Akeria
LuckyPenny666
Kiriana Shadeweaver
leah_hope92
Cyn431
PugsRock
Avé
MusicWritingLove
Arianna
shadowsowner888
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Timeframe

When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Left1044%When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Right10 44% 
[ 8 ]
When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Left1033%When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Right10 33% 
[ 6 ]
When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Left1022%When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Right10 22% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Empty Re: When does TwigWriSum start?

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 5/30/2010, 1:52 pm

Arianna wrote:Oooh, wow. :3 The text is great, that's why I asked. Very Happy

I'm sure that you'll manage 10,000. ;D
Ah. Thanks. ^.^
Yeah, just spriting my own is easier because I'll normally use Small Fonts for things like that, but once it gets so small it starts just looking like blobs of pixels. If I do my own it will be easy to read, uniform, and just generally how I want it to look.

I'm sure I will too. I just never manage to make a plot that lasts long enough. However, I've had an idea for a video game that I've been working on and off with. I'll prob'ly work on the plot and use that for my story. Arbitrary sidequests=longer story.
Speaking of which, I'll probably try to slam and get a lot done before my birthday (July 10th), 'cause I'll probably get some of the games I've wanted (*prods siggy* I'm a Drawn to Life fangirl right now) and be extremely sidetracked for a while afterward.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/30/2010, 1:58 pm

[random thought]You're five days older than me. Very Happy[/random thought]

Video game plot? That sounds awesome. nod
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriana Shadeweaver 5/30/2010, 2:12 pm

...bunches of people have birthdays really close to mine.

Mm-hmm! If I had to pick between great gameplay but mediocre plot and mediocre gameplay but great plot, I'd pick the better plot. I want mine to be one of the best!
But I'll prob'ly have to start planning soon. Even I don't know what's gonna happen.
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Kiriana Shadeweaver
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/30/2010, 2:18 pm

I think it would be best if it started summer and ended fall. It would make the most sense, considering it's TwigWriSum and besides, I need more preparation time. ._.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha 5/30/2010, 2:43 pm

Well... see, I've been out of school since the 4th...
And, I don't know yet if I'll be doing this. (gotta show my mom the thread and talk about it.) But, I say start on June 1st. I would be able to do that if I joined.
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 23705

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 5/30/2010, 3:53 pm

(I'm confused. So we'd each have a challenge of -blank- words, but how would we keep track of how much a peson had? Like would it be under free writes or would it be under one story or what??

I say start on June 1st because that's my BIRTHDAY(:
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Siggy

Shiner -

Hearts -

Master Emerald -

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 5/30/2010, 10:01 pm

I believe Ari is creating widgets for that, like in WriteOrDie or NaNoWriMo. Very Happy Sorta like this (template credit to Ari, I got bored and personalized the skin):

When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Twigwr10
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/30/2010, 10:56 pm

Well, from the looks of it, it'll be starting on Tuesday. >.< I'm just going to have to create a whole load of charries/plot ideas tomorrow during school... Chikusho. -.- Ah, at least my Mally-Chan can help me. Very Happy

Cyn431 wrote:I believe Ari is creating widgets for that, like in WriteOrDie or NaNoWriMo. Very Happy Sorta like this (template credit to Ari, I got bored and personalized the skin):

When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Twigwr10
Ooh, that's really cool, Cyn! Very Happy
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 5/30/2010, 11:03 pm

A lot of us will be doing that too, so you're not alone. no (Except I have inspiration now. Brick by Boring Brick just gave me a brand new plot idea so I've got lots of planning to do! Now, the song sickens me ever since I learned of its true meaning... But still. :3)

Thank you! Very Happy
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 5/30/2010, 11:10 pm

So...is it starting in two days or not? xD I want to know if I'm gonna be writing a story on the flight.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 SiggyWhen does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Siggy
When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 SiggyWhen does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/31/2010, 1:14 am

I was one of the first people to vote, but I was too lazy to post and I've just been spying on the thread. xD But, um, yeah, I voted for the first one just because I don't know when I'm going back to school but it's probably around the end of August, plus I have the whole day off tomorrow so if I was gonna plan I could do it then. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 5/31/2010, 9:09 am

Cyn431 wrote:A lot of us will be doing that too, so you're not alone. no (Except I have inspiration now. Brick by Boring Brick just gave me a brand new plot idea so I've got lots of planning to do! Now, the song sickens me ever since I learned of its true meaning... But still. :3)

Thank you! Very Happy

Off-topic: What's the meaning? xD
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 5/31/2010, 9:45 am

Looks like it starts tomorrow...
PugsRock wrote:
Cyn431 wrote:A lot of us will be doing that too, so you're not alone. no (Except I have inspiration now. Brick by Boring Brick just gave me a brand new plot idea so I've got lots of planning to do! Now, the song sickens me ever since I learned of its true meaning... But still. :3)

Thank you! Very Happy

Off-topic: What's the meaning? xD
I'll PM you once I get on my computer, 'cause it's really long and I refuse to type it in my Touch. xD
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amrgirl 5/31/2010, 11:31 am

I voted for the 2nd one, because that's the closet day to which I'll be released from school. And the whole last week is finals, so I can write once I finish them. I probably can't do the first one, since I still have school for a while, and I have a bunch of projects to do. Razz Since June first is tomorrow (I think), I probably won't be able to start.
But the 3rd option would be possible for me.
amrgirl
amrgirl
Published Author
Published Author

Female Posts : 3651

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/31/2010, 4:10 pm

Akeria wrote:Honestly, I'm still in school for all of these. I don't get out until the 25th, but I'm fine with starting a few days late.

Aha! Aha! Me too! I knew I couldn't be the only person whose school lasted unfairly long!

<3--[Emily]--<< wrote:(I'm confused. So we'd each have a challenge of -blank- words, but how would we keep track of how much a peson had? Like would it be under free writes or would it be under one story or what??

I say start on June 1st because that's my BIRTHDAY(:

Well, I'm sure we'll all find some method of keeping track, so it doesn't really matter how. And then those people can just tell everyone themselves their totals through the little widgets. (But I feel the best way to do it is to keep all the writing stuff in one word-processing document - or at least copy and paste it there when you write it - and just use the word counting features from there.)

But I wouldn't necessarily say on just one story or freewrite or whatever . . . you can write as many things as you want, so yeah. ^^

So. I'm posting this on the first post too, but anyway. Thank you everyone for your input so far! It does look like we're starting on June 1st, but there's always chances for more people to vote . . . I will post the official decision some time today, then. I'd like to post it around the evening, but if I have to log off sooner, I'll just close this and post it then.

Butitsnottoolatetochangeyourvoooootestoo

I mean, you know, if you want to. xD Because my main reason for not voting it to start tomorrow is that I really really want more time so we can have prizes and details figured out before the event starts. But we can manage somehow either way, so whatevs. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 1312When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 2412When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 3349When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 3548When does TwigWriSum start? - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 5/31/2010, 4:30 pm

Sweeeeeet. I really want it to start tomorrow, so I can write stuff on the flight.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2