The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Snippets by Dream! =D

+2
PugsRock
DreamCatcher81
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Random Snippets by Dream! =D Empty Random Snippets by Dream! =D

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/2/2009, 6:18 pm

So I was so inspired by Ratty’s little snippets I decided to add in my own since I had plenty too. I’ll probably add even more sometime in the future. Very Happy So here’s mine! xD

Prologue

Long before it was sun-baked and parched, a lush garden resided on the flat, open land. The dark sky was illuminated only by the twinkling points of light known as stars to humans and it was a seemingly cloudless night with only faint gray wisps far in the distance. The dense fir trees filled the garden with the fresh aroma of crushed pine needles and all the animals were laid to rest among the branches of the trees, buried in their burrows underground, or nestled inside the cozy tree trunks. Farther towards the heart of the garden, fruit trees abounded. Their leaves cast a silvery glow as they reflected the beams of the moon and their branches were laden heavy, dipping low to the ground, with the multiple fruit they bore on them. Adorning their leafy branches as well, there were brightly colored flowers of all colors: red, purple, green, blue, pink, orange, and even yellow.

Near the middle though, yes, near the middle of the garden grew two trees. They were the most beautiful trees in the whole entire garden. They were by far the largest and most stunning there. One was a shimmery silver color, all by itself without the moon. In fact it looked as if it was made of moonbeams its self. It even glowed radiantly, a silver aura surrounding it seemingly. Next to it shone a tree as splendid as if it was intricately carved by the finest crasftman from pure gold. It too was glowing innocently, as if it did not know that the fall of mankind would be through it.

The sun rose high into the blue sky, even higher than the fluffy white clouds, bathing the land in its soft golden rays. The birds resumed their merry chirping, the squirrels resumed their nut gathering, and the lions resumed indulging on berries, yes berries, rather than meat. And the two trees still stood erect in the garden as the snake slithered up one of their trunks.

And the tree glowed as the woman reached out with her slender hand, and gently plucked one of its shimmery fruits. It glowed brilliantly as she took a bite out of its fruit. And the tree glowed even more magnificently as the man as well, ate the flesh of the fruit. And as mankind realized their sin for the first time, and as God banished them from the garden, and as the angels with their flaming swords flashing back and forth to guard the entrance to the garden, protected the tree, it still glowed. And it glowed and glowed. It glowed far after mankind was gone from its presence. And it still glows today in the secret place where it is hidden away along with its brother tree. Hidden away from mankind.

This is a random prologue for a story I might write about a girl and her guardian angel. . . It’s just about the fall of mankind. Read Genesis 1 for more info! xD I obviously have no clue what The Garden of Eden looks like, this is just my interpretation and imagination combining. So if you imagined it totally different, keep imagining it that way and don’t get mad at me!!! xD

Fîyär

Prologue

A gust of wind whipped through the countryside, and a lone barn shuddered in its fury. The mountain was cloaked in the darkness of night shadows and somewhere far away a single owl hooted. A tall figure scrambled up the mountainside and towards the barn though most would sense better than go outside for fear of the terrible storm.

Though the hail had subsided, the tempest had not finished its job. The houses swayed and groaned with the wind and the sky was pitch black, dark even for midnight. Thunder rumbled from far above in great peals letting loose a sound like a million lion growls, and streaks of white hot lightning shot down towards earth. In the distance a yellow slash of heavenly fire cut down through the ebony darkness and touched a dry field of barley. Flames erupted from the ground setting fire to the crops and it swiftly swept towards the surrounding countryside with ferocious speed.

Rusty hinges swung open with a grating screech as the man stepped inside the barn. A single lantern threw a dim yellow light over the moldy walls and slimy floors. He shuddered in the bitter cold and wrapped a thin, ragged blanket around his shoulders like a shawl. A pair of narrow yellow eyes met his dull gray gaze and he jumped in shock as a black cat leaped down from a rotting wooden rafter. He sighed in relief as he started towards the decaying ladder that led up to the loft.

The loft was covered in moldy hay and felt slimy under his boots as he strode calmly to the end of the area. He opened a small trap door on the ceiling and climbed with caution onto the aged roof. It swayed under his feet; the wood seemed to threaten to collapse with every step he took. Finally he reached the center where he stood precariously at the top most height. Standing at the tip of the barn he began to recite:

“Oh ones above, to ease your fury;

Four girls from below will now stand as a treaty.

Water, earth, wind, and fire;

And may the consequences be ever dire.”

Slowly and gradually the lightning became less frequent and the thunder subsided to a mere purring sound. The wind extinguished its wrath with a final gale and the night sky gained a blue tint once again, turning it navy. A gentle rain fell like tear drops from the sky, tenderly rejuvenating the dry land and quenching the devastating wildfires.

This was the prologue to my first main story, Fîyär. I’ve got the first three chapters as well and a little snippet from later on which makes it about 12 pages. xD

Scarlet Threads

Kara stood silently, dressed in black as she watched the coffin go down. Down, down, down. Down into the cold, hard, unloving earth. But none of it mattered anymore. Things had ceased to matter for some time now. She didn’t hear the minister. She didn’t hear the friends and family whispering meaningless words, all trying to console her. If only they knew the words spoken never reached her ears. She nodded silently, pretending she heard. But there was nothing left in her anymore. Just a hollowed out shell of an old woman trying her best to make it through the rest of life, waiting for her turn to stand before the LORD at those pearl gates on Judgment Day and join her husband in heaven. Just waiting for the pain to end.

Not just the achy pains in her joints, not just the pain in her back when she walked, no. That wasn’t the pain she was waiting to end. She was waiting to cure the empty pain. The pain that you feel when you know you’re all alone in the world with no one to stand by you but the good Savior. And it only made it harder to know He was just out of reach, like a child’s chubby fingers brushing the tips of the cookie as he reaches in the jar, so close, but still not able to grasp it and pull it out. She wanted to follow her family. Her children who had left this world far too early.

Little Mary Anne who died at just 7 from the fever. Davy who was hit by a drunk driver only two years ago. And how Bill, her husband. She had nothing left anymore. She stared at the photos in her living room as she rocked in her chair, letting the toasty warm flames in the fireplace warm her old bones. She sighed in comfort. She tried to ignore the pain in her body as she swayed back in forth in the chair. Back and forth, back and forth.

Don’t really know what this one was about. . . But I came up with the idea for a magazine and there’s a lot more. Very Happy
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Random Snippets by Dream! =D Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Random Snippets by Dream! =D Empty Re: Random Snippets by Dream! =D

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/2/2009, 6:21 pm

It wouldn't all fit in one post so here's the last one! Very Happy

The Black Fox

I laughed with hysterics as I rushed down to the stream. I did not know what to do but fall on my knees and shout out to God as I sipped the water. Never before had anything tasted so good. The water was clear and sweet; so good. I gazed at the black fox to who my surprise was sitting nearby, staring at me intently, his cool yellow eyes boring into mine. I turned to him.

“Thank you,” I whispered, almost to quiet for me to even here, but I knew he heard. He almost seemed to nod before he stiffened, every muscle in his body tensing as he swung his ebony head towards a small stand of trees. And in that instant, I got the feeling that something was wrong, very wrong. I glanced nervously towards the trees as did he. But to my relief, it was no stranger; it was Pierre, his glossy raven black hair slicked back, his blue eyes striking against his skin, pale from the chill. The black fox let out a quiet whimper which soon turned into a low growl.

“Shhh,” I murmured quietly but he responded with a sharp bark. I ignored it and turned back to Pierre. “Pierre,” I called out, my voice hoarse. “I have missed you so much! Have they found Cameron yet?” I inquired.

He didn’t respond, but just kept walking slowly forward. That was odd. I thought about it for a second. Maybe he was mad at me for running off foolishly without telling anyone. “Pierre, come on,” I laughed. “You can’t be mad at me can you?” His eyes flickered for a moment, but then went blank again. “What’s wrong I asked,” suddenly worried. “You’re not hurt are you?”

His icy blue eyes finally met mine and I froze. They were not his normal twinkling blue eyes; they were cold and emotionless, searching mine to see if I knew what was going on. He shook his head slowly, as if emphasizing his disgust.

“I. Am. Not. Hurt. But. Someone. Is. About. To. Get. Hurt,” he said slowly, emphasizing every word, his eyes still hard. I froze with terror and took an involuntary step backwards. That’s when I noticed that his hands were clenched into tight fists, the pale white skin stretched over his knuckles. And in his fist, something silver glinted sharply. I let out a scream as a grin stretched across his tight face, showing pearly white teeth and he slowly strode forward, coming closer to me with each step. There was nothing I could do to save myself. I had no chance of out running him for he was stronger and swifter. I closed my eyes and waited for death to come.

Chapter …
Do you know what it’s like to watch your life play out before your eyes? It’s like when two little kids fight over a toy. I was the toy now. I was the prize. And even when things are happening too fast to grasp, time can still stand still. I watched in a daze as my life, my destiny played out before me.

Pierre uncurled his fingers, revealing a large knife. Then he was running towards me. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me but I was right earlier. He was faster. His footsteps were louder, I could almost hear his breathing in my ears. Soon he would be upon me. Then, I heard a snarl and then a scream. I ran until I reached the trees and then I looked back.

The fox was fighting Pierre. The fox was strong, but he would be no match for the huge knife in Pierre’s hand. I knew I couldn’t stay here in the shelter of these trees anymore. That creature was saving my life by sacrificing his own. I needed a weapon though to be able to fight Pierre. I looked around and then grabbed the first thing I saw, a huge, thick, club-like piece of wood. Then I ran forward, foolishly. What was I doing? But then I remembered the fox.

I whacked Pierre across the back of his head as I reached the fight. He looked up in surprise and raised his knife towards me and I trembled knowing it was the end. At just that moment though, the fox leaped forward and bit his outstretched arm. He yowled in pain and jumped to his feet. I stumbled backwards and the fox came to stand by my side.

“So who’s your little friend,” Pierre asked mockingly with a sharp, sour voice.

“Anyone but you,” I responded and I thought I saw sorrow flash across his face for a moment but then it was gone, a sarcastic look taking its place. I knew he was caught off guard for the short time being so I took the moment to lean in a little bit.

Then my hand flashed forward and I grabbed the knife out of his hands. He stared at me in horror. No, I wasn’t going to kill him. How could I? I threw the knife, but it did not make it over the nearby cliff. It landed a foot away. Pierre’s smile was back and he rushed forward. His eyes were for the fox, not for me this time as he grabbed the knife.

I knew how high the cliff was from the night I’d spent here. It was certain death, falling to the Arctic Ocean below. I knew what I needed to do.

Chapter…
I don’t really know what happened next. It was all a blur. I only knew one minute Pierre had the knife in his hand again, poised to throw; then the next minute my legs were carrying me as fast as I could go. Pierre’s expression was one of horror as I hurtled towards him. He tried to dodge but I was too quick. I rammed into him full force and he fell over the cliff, his arms and legs flailing as he tried to find a place to hold on to. For a brief moment I felt satisfaction, but then I realized he wasn’t the only airborne one.

I was free-falling, twisting and twirling down towards my death. As I plummeted towards my end I heard someone let out an ear-piercing scream and numbly realized it was my own. I reached out with my left arm, flailing towards the rocky wall for something to catch hold of. Suddenly it hit something and I held on for dear life. As I turned and looked I realized it was a scraggly bush which wouldn’t hold for long, but it clung to a ledge jutting out of the immense cliff of stone. As I scrambled onto it, certain I had finally found safety, I felt the ground lurch under me.

Then suddenly I was plunging downward again, followed by a cascade of stones showering me with grit and fragments of rock. The ledge had collapsed leaving me with no hope. The journey was a never ending spiral towards doom.

I closed my eyes. What was the point of watching death come as the large body of water grew closer and closer. What was the point of watching the huge, churning waves pounding against the shore of pointed rocks like stalagmites? I heard them now; I smelled the saline scent of saltwater. I knew it was over. I didn’t even flinch when I heard the splash that meant Pierre had sliced through the dark, frothy water below. I opened my eyes. At a guess I’d say I had about twenty more seconds to live. I closed them again…

Suddenly there was a thud and my body felt bruised from the impact. My lungs felt squished and I didn’t think I could breathe anymore. So this is what it felt like to die. I didn’t even feel the freezing water around me but I guessed it was just because I was nearly dead and my nerves weren’t working right. I finally dared to open my eyes but not for long. I wasn’t for sure what I was seeing. It was so blurry and I couldn’t even see anything except for random splotches of color. Mostly I saw the black fog creeping up from the corners of my eyes, threatening to overtake me. Slowly inching up, little by little until I couldn’t see anymore. I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt unconsciousness slowly overtake my senses and I only felt a numb, dull pain in my head.

Finally all was silent and my vision was as black as empty as my mind. Hollow. A little pin prick in the back of my head told me this was the end but I never had time to register it completely before all was blank. And I was mistaken because only now did my limp body hit the angry black water and be swallowed alive by the darkness. Down, down, down. Too bad it was already too late for me to know what was happening.

The End

This is kinda confusing unless you know what’s happening. I actually started this one before Fîyär but I never considered it my first main story because I never got very far. And since it was like one of the first serious writing projects I started on before I had experience it is probably suckish. xP But anyways ya. So its like a sci-fi fantasy mix. It’s in the future and an orphan gets kidnapped from France and taken on an expedition to build a colony on Antarctica where she meets Cameron, the dude who’s dad kidnapped her. And they fall in love but he suddenly disappears so she goes searching for him on Antarctica and gets lost. Then this random black fox finds her and gives her shelter, shows her food and water and stuff but he’s really Cameron who’s a shape shifter and doesn’t know how to shift out. Then Pierre is her old friend but an evil shape shifter and wants to get rid of her and Cameron whom he knows is the fox. And she doesn’t really die. Cameron figures out how to shift and he turns into a giant bird and saves her. xD Even though he drops her in the end so its dramatic but in the sequel you find out he actually had gotten her again. xD Ya well that was long but anyways. xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/2/2009, 6:21 pm

Saved for future posts
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/2/2009, 6:22 pm

Saved for future posts
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 8/2/2009, 9:58 pm

Wow! Great job! These are great. Smile You think you have many stories you stopped; I don't want to count mine. xD

Am I even allowed to post here yet? xD If you're still reserving, you can move this post. Smile
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/2/2009, 10:06 pm

Ya you can and thanks!

Don't worry, I've got plenty more! xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/4/2009, 7:39 pm

I'm skimming things cus I wanna get everything read. xD But I read the first one, and I like it!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Random Snippets by Dream! =D 1312Random Snippets by Dream! =D 2412Random Snippets by Dream! =D 3349Random Snippets by Dream! =D 3548Random Snippets by Dream! =D 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/4/2009, 7:44 pm

Thanks! I actually turned that into a story called Guardians which I posted here! xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/7/2009, 1:40 am

Wow. Those were so good! Waaay better than mine. cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/7/2009, 4:10 pm

Thanks Ratty!

Awe no! I like yours! Very Happy
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/7/2009, 9:14 pm

Yours are better. nod Especially that last one. I wanna read the rest. cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/7/2009, 9:23 pm

I like yours!!! Don't take my problem Ratty! xD My problem is I hate my stories, or maybe not hate them, but just think everyone elses is better! xD

Haha. I only have one other chapter but thanks!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/7/2009, 9:26 pm

I think most people have that problem. XD

Well write more! cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/7/2009, 9:46 pm

Haha ya. xD

But I'm working on BTW!!! xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/7/2009, 9:47 pm

Write both then. grin
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/7/2009, 9:52 pm

Haha. Maybe I'll work on it once I finish the rest of the saga! xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/7/2009, 9:57 pm

Okay, as long as you post it on here. Smile
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/7/2009, 10:14 pm

Haha. Maybe unless I think about publishing it!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by *Strongly*[Emo]tional 8/13/2009, 12:20 pm

oh i can't wait for the rest Smile
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 16220

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/13/2009, 1:11 pm

Thanks!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by *Strongly*[Emo]tional 8/13/2009, 1:54 pm

yeah sure when will you be writing some more for us to read ? Smile
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 16220

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/19/2009, 7:31 pm

Thanks!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/19/2009, 7:31 pm

I dunno. I have some more but its not like I just write snippets. They all started out as stories I was serious about but then quit. Razz
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 8/20/2009, 7:41 am

Some snippets! These are all paragraphs long! A snippet is a little 'snip' of your story, but the size of the story doesn't change your snippet size. It always stays the same, but as I was saying, I can't read them because they're paragraphs long. I have stuff to do.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/20/2009, 8:05 pm

Um. . . . I'm sorry? Lol! Those actually are "snippets" of my stories. I have tons more to each story! xP
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down