The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Critique and thoughts please?

2 posters

Go down

Critique and thoughts please? Empty Critique and thoughts please?

Post by Sanity's_Borderline 7/20/2010, 2:31 pm

I'd like some feedback on this: Critique, any thoughts...Would you be interesting in reading this? Etc. Thanks. Very Happy

Edit: Thanks to Ellie for being a sorta Beta reader.

Prologue

Over 100 years ago

I sat in jail cell as the one who called herself the queen, exited it, locking the door behind her. It was dark; the only light being provided was from the small misshapen window. Something green was growing in the corner, and trailed up the wall and onto part of the ceiling. Small chunks of the mysterious plant dropped off the ceiling, and continued to grow where it landed. I turned away from it, trying to ignore it, and I spotted a small rabbit stuffed animal.

I stared at the blue rabbit plush in the corner of my jail cell. It was the same color as her hair. The rabbit seemed to be beaten quite a bit. An eye was missing, along with an arm and a leg. It was bandaged up in several places, as if that would heal it. A miss-matching orange patch was sewed into the side. I cringed at the stuffed animal; its stitched smile stared back at me.

Why the toy was here was a confusing matter. Perhaps she had dropped it in my cell by mistake when she inspected me, seeing if I was a threat. Although, I’m sure if anyone was a threat to her, she would have taken care of them already. The one who imprisoned me, the queen, appeared to be no more than 9 years old. She had to be older though. A nine year old isn’t that unstable. Something goes on inside that head of hers, something so twisted and horrifying, that it turned her into the monster she is now.

I peeked out the hideous excuse for a window, out into the land. A horrible wreck of what it once was. You could see ash raining from the sky, and coating the ground in a dirty gray-brown color. Nothing was alive outside, and what was alive was locked in. It looked as if a fire raged through the entire earth, and left nothing but ash in its place. Our world was destroyed, and would never be restored to its former glory.

I picked out the rabbit plush in my hands, and stared at its disfigured form.

“What do you think of what happened?” I asked it, expecting nothing in reply.

Needless to say, I was pretty startled when its grin seemed to get wider, and the plush rabbit spoke.

“It’s funny you asked actually.”

That’s when I let it all out, and screamed as loud as possible.

Unknown number of years ago

A cry broke through the room, as the child was born, and quickly got to breath. She was cleaned off, and delivered to the safe and happy arms of her mother. A tuft of blonde-blue stuck up from the top of her bed. She made some gurgling noises as she was handed her first toy; a blue rabbit plush.

As they set the toy into the baby’s arms, a deadly silence filled the room, as everyone and everybody turned to ash.

Last edited by Sanity's_Borderline on 7/20/2010, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sanity's_Borderline
Sanity's_Borderline
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Female Posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Critique and thoughts please? Empty Re: Critique and thoughts please?

Post by Rai 7/20/2010, 3:27 pm

Woah. *-*
This is really, really good! Very Happy I absolutely love it: I love how you tied it together and made such a seemingly small thing become such a huge part of the story. I really would like to see this continued! Very Happy Amazing job! applause
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanity's_Borderline 7/20/2010, 3:32 pm

^//^ Awh, thanks. Critique and thoughts please? Icon_redface
I'm hoping to continue it, if I can get out of my writer's block. D:
Sanity's_Borderline
Sanity's_Borderline
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Female Posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rai 7/20/2010, 3:54 pm

You're welcome. Smile
Eh, I had writer's block for three days about a week ago. >.< If you want to know some tips, you could PM me so I don't flood your topic. XD
Rai
Rai
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1321

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down