The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Friends {Completed}

+5
PugsRock
twilighter3000
shadowsowner888
Jade
:)Anna(:
9 posters

Go down

Just Friends {Completed} Empty Just Friends {Completed}

Post by :)Anna(: 8/26/2009, 9:41 pm

Just Friends

~Chapter 1~

Dalton stared across the room, studying the beautiful girl sitting on his couch. Her name was Carlyn, and he had just met her. Their parents had been friends since high school, and they decided it was time to get their 13-year-old kids together. Sure, Dalton had seen pictures of the blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty, but he never thought anyone could be this beautiful. Even though it was January, she was perfectly tanned, looking as if she just came back from the beach.
They were having a football party for the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, and he had more friends coming over. She was about 30 minutes early, because her mom, Tracee, wanted to help his mom, Jerri, cook. Carlyn looked up from the book she was reading and pulled an iPhone out of the pocket of her American Eagle jeans. She quickly texted someone back, then started back reading. Dalton stood up and walked out, planning to put on something nicer than faded, muddy jeans and his school tee-shirt.
~

Fifteen minutes later, Tracee came in and took the book away from Carlyn, telling her to go talk to Dalton. She rolled her eyes, but slowly walked over and stood behind him, watching him play a game on his Dell Inspiron Laptop.
"What are you playing?" She asked, her voice sounding like honey. Dalton sat there, stunned for a second. The dirt bike he was guiding over jumps and around obstacles crashed into a tree, and she giggled.
"It's a dirt bike race. You, uh, wouldn't know how to play it," he stuttered, turning red.
"Wanna bet?" She replied, grinning. He stood up, and she sat down in his chair, smoothly moving the mouse to click PLAY AGAIN. At first, she acted unsure of herself, going slow, but as she passed Level 3, she sped up. Dalton watched, mildly impressed at her skills.
He watched her fly through Levels 3, 4, 5, and 6, then expected her to fail miserably on Level 7. His jaw dropped when she passed to Levels 8, 9, 10, and finally, Expert. Expert was the hardest track there. He only knew of one guy who could make it there, and that was the person who made the game.
~

"H-h-how did you do that?" He asked, shocked.
"Did I do it right?" She asked, innocently. Apparently, she really had never played that game before.
"Yeah, you completed the game. No one can do that. You're, like, a video game genius!" Dalton exclaimed, hoping it was just beginner's luck, but knowing it wasn't.
"Oh, well I can teach you, if you want," She offered, pulling her shoulder length hair into a pony-tail. Dalton nodded, and they bent over the computer.
~

Five minutes later, Brantley and Kyle walked in the door, laughing and goofing off. They froze mid-step when they saw Carlyn bent over Dalton's shoulder. "Whoa, dude, who's the hot girl?" Brantley asked, coming closer.
Dalton looked up and smiled. "Her name is Carlyn, and she's mine, so back off."

~Chapter 2~

Carlyn, Dalton, Brantley, and Kyle went back into Dalton's room to play his Wii. Their parents went to BeanO's for dinner, planning to be back in time for the game. Carlyn had never played Guitar Hero, so Dalton decided to teach her.
He hooked everything up, and put it on the easiest song on the easiest level. Like his dirt bike game, she was unsure of herself at first. She was playing on Expert Level by her third song, all the guys sitting on the edge of the bed in shock. She finished the song, then turned around. "Am I doing this right?" She asked.
Jumping to his feet, Dalton said "Yeah, but how did you make it so far on your first time? I've had the game for a year, and I still can't play expert."
"Oh, so I'm doing better than you? I don't know how I did it. I just... played."
Brantley and Kyle jumped to their feet. The walked over to where Dalton kept his games and began looking through them. "Let's try something we all can play."
Dalton agreed and began saving everything on Guitar Hero 3. He watched the tall, tan, blonde-haired girl's reflection in the TV screen. She was gracefully folding her legs underneath her and sitting on his bed, careful not to let her shoes touch the comforter.
Brantley and Kyle agreed that they should play Mario Party 8, and handed it to Dalton. Then, they sat down on the bed beside Carlyn, talking to her.
~

One hour later, Joel, Jerri, Tracee, and Michael, Dalton and Carlyn's parents, came back from dinner. The kids had eaten a frozen pizza Dalton and Carlyn had cooked. "Kids? Are ya'll ready to watch the game?" Michael called, turning on the large, flat screen TV in the living room.
The four teenagers filed out of Dalton's room, sitting on the couch against the back wall, settling in for the game.
~

At halftime, Dalton popped popcorn for everyone, while they talked about the first half of the game. Carlyn stood and stretched her muscles. They were tight after being curled up on the couch for so long. Her iPhone vibrated, and she pulled it out of her pocket. It was a text from her boyfriend, Jackson.
She continued to text him as the game started back, discussing their teachers, the football game, and other random topics. At the end of the third quarter, Georgia was winning by 14 points. Carlyn picked her book up off the coffee table and began to read it.
~

She was suddenly jarred out of the world of 18th century love by a loud cheer. Flinching, she knew it had to be because Georgia won the Chick-Fil-A bowl. Dalton stood and slid his feet into his tennis shoes. Turning to his friends, he said "Do you want to walk outside with me?"
They agreed and followed him out the door, picking up pellet guns as they went. Carlyn followed, grabbing the last gun.
As soon as she shut the door, shots rang through the air. The tiny pellets flew over her head, some falling short and hitting her arms, painfully stinging. She dropped to the ground, pointing the fake gun at what she thought was Kyle. She fired a shot, then heard a surprised gasp. Someone shot at her from behind, and she fired towards him. Another surprised gasp. Soon, everyone but Dalton had surrendered. She continued to aim for him, missing but centimeters.
Finally, she fired a shot in a random direction and heard a surprised, pain filled gasp. Running towards the sound, she dropped the gun. As she neared the large pine tree, she saw him. Dalton was kneeling on the ground, clutching his stomach.
Although it was just a pellet that had hit him, he seemed to be in extreme pain. Pulling his arms away, Carlyn gasped. "Oh, my gosh." His white tee-shirt and hands were soaked with an unmistakable, sticky red liquid. He was bleeding.
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Female Posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Just Friends {Completed} Empty Chapter 3 && 4

Post by :)Anna(: 8/26/2009, 9:43 pm

~Chapter 3~

She had shot Dalton with a plastic pellet, and he was pouring blood. "KYLE! BRANTLEY!" She screamed, her heart racing. How could this have happened? This was supposed to be a game for fun, not to hospitalize someone she had just met.
Kyle and Brantley came running towards them, a worried look on their faces. They knew something bad had happened, just by listening to the tone of Carlyn's voice.
"What happened?" Brantley asked, kneeling down beside Carlyn.
"I don't know. I think the pellet hit him, but he's bleeding way too much. It shouldn't have gone this deep. Not from the distance I shot it at," Carlyn replied, worried.
Behind them, they heard Kyle laughing. He had been walking around, looking for a trail of blood. Instead, he found a tube of fake blood, opened. He showed it to Carlyn and Brantley. Brantley started laughing with Kyle, then Dalton stood up and started laughing.
Carlyn's face turned redder and redder, a sure sign that she was mad. "DALTON! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT TO ME! THAT'S SO MEAN!" She screamed, letting out all of her anger. Kyle walked over and laid a cool hand on her shoulder, calming her down.
"Calm down, he does that to all of the new girls he meets. Don't worry about it. He's going to wash off now."
In the distance, they could hear Dalton laughing, still, over the sound of water coming from a hose.
~

Once he was washed off, the traces of the fake blood trick washed into the grass, everyone went inside. Dalton went back into his room to change clothes into something dry, while Kyle, Carlyn, and Brantley sat back down on the couch.
Dalton came out of his room and sat down beside them. His mom leaned forward from her position on the pool table and said "Dalton, your cousin, Trey, is coming to stay with us for a while. Your dad is going to get him now."
"But, Mom, why?" Dalton asked, sounding a little like a two-year-old.
"He just needs to get away from home for a while. Please try to be nice to him. He's probably going to be here for around a month."
"Fine," Dalton said. Brantley, Kyle, and Carlyn stood and started walking into the kitchen. Dalton started to follow, but his mom called him back. Carlyn slowed her steps, hoping to hear what else there was to Trey, who ever that was, coming for a visit.
"Dalton, both of Trey's parents have been diagnosed with cancer. He's not handling it very good, and they want him to come down here for a while. Your dad is on his was to South Carolina to get them now. You have to be nice to him," Jerri, his mom, explained. Carlyn's hand flew to her mouth when she heard this little piece of information that wasn't meant for her ears.
~

Dalton came into the kitchen where all of the teens were fixing themselves a cup of coffee and a slice of Key Lime Pie. He got himself a mug and plate, then sat down in his chair, smiling. He had just gotten off the phone with Trey, and they would be there soon. As much as he disliked Trey, he wanted Carlyn to meet him.
Dalton's mission that month was to cheer Trey up, and he knew Carlyn could do just that. Now, it was all up to Carlyn.

~Chapter 4~

Later that night, Dalton's dad, Joel, got home. Carlyn was sleeping on the couch, but that loud bang of luggage being lifted up stairs woke her up. Running her fingers through her hair, she sat up, wishing she had a mirror. In the kitchen, she could see Joel and Dalton talking to a boy she had never seen before. Brantley and Kyle had already gone home, sometime around midnight.
The boy in the kitchen had red hair, green eyes, and freckles. He was really cute, but not as cute as blonde-headed, green-eyed Dalton. Standing, her book fell off of her chest and clattered to the wood floor. Dalton, Joel, and the strange boy flinched. Carlyn walked into the kitchen, still groggy from her short nap.
As she neared them, Dalton turned around. "Trey, this is Carlyn. Carlyn, this is my cousin Trey," he said, smiling. Carlyn smiled and waved at Trey, taking in his clothes (Aeropastle), his hair (shaggy, but not too long), and everything else about him. She decided she liked him, and wanted to become friends.
They followed Dalton into his bedroom. Carlyn and Trey picked out a Wii game, while Dalton hooked everything back up. Once they decided to play Monster Truck Racing, Carlyn and Trey sat down on the bed to talk, a friendly competition over who's the best driver going on between the three teens. Carlyn learned that Trey was from North Carolina, but he was originally born in Orlando, Florida. He and his parents moved to Miami when he was three, then Atlanta, Georgia, when he was 6, Jacksonville, Florida when he was 10, and a small town in North Carolina when he was 12. He's 13 years old, and his favorite color is orange. His favorite thing to do is ride four-wheelers or dirt bikes.
She told Trey everything about her, including that she had lived in a small town in Georgia all of her life, her favorite color was blue, and she loved riding four-wheelers. They decided to ride four-wheelers together before he had to go back to North Carolina. Dalton sat beside Carlyn, listening to their conversation.
~

Thirty minutes later, they were exhausted. Dalton and Trey declared Anna as the winner of their competition, and fell back on their beds. Anna went into the guest bedroom, where she was staying tonight, and collapsed on the bed, not even bothering to change out of her jeans.
The bed was extremely comfortable, and before she knew it, she was asleep.
~

The next morning, she awoke to the smell of frying bacon and pancakes. Jumping out of the bed with renewed energy, she quickly put on an old pair of jeans and a tee-shirt. Then she grabbed her hair brush and pulled her hair into a ponytail.
As she walked into the kitchen, she saw Dalton, Trey, Joel, Jerri, Tracee, and Michael all sitting on every available surface. Still half asleep, she fixed herself a plate, consisting of 2 pieces of bacon and 2 pancakes. Then, she sat on the counter beside Trey and ate, laughing and joking with everyone.
Once her teeth were brushed and her clothes gathered, she and her parents left, saying their good-byes for the week. Next Friday night, they were planning to go out to dinner and have coffee.
~

At her house, Anna prepared herself for a long week of school. The only thing she had to look forward to in the morning was seeing Jackson, her boyfriend. Other than that, she was looking forward to spending yet another weekend with Dalton and Trey.
Later that night, as she lay in her room trying to sleep, she couldn't get the boys she had just met out of her mind. She kept thinking about how much fun they had together, and the fact that they didn't see each other as 2 boys and a girl, just three people having fun. Finally, around midnight, she fell asleep, knowing she would be exhausted the next morning.
~

Boy, was she right! When she woke up, it took all of her strength to get out of the bed and into the shower. A cool shower helped to wake her up, but she soon fell into a trance as she at breakfast and rode in the car with her mom to school.
When she walked into her classroom, her friends, Jordan and Paige, instantly began calling out her name. She walked over to where they were sitting, talking to Jackson. When she got there, they began telling her about their extremely boring weekend. Jackson got up and walked over to some of his friends, and Carlyn pulled out a piece of paper to doodle on.
As she listened, she absentmindedly wrote 'I love Dalton and Trey' all of her paper. Looking down, her friend exclaimed "Oh, my gosh! Who the heck is Dalton and Trey?!"
~
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Just Friends {Completed} Empty Chapter 5 && 6

Post by :)Anna(: 8/26/2009, 9:46 pm

~Chapter 5~

"Dalton and Trey, huh?" Jackson asked, leaning over her shoulder. He flew across the room in what seemed like nanoseconds.
"Honestly, Jackson, I didn't mean it! It was a mistake! I was with these 2 guys name Dalton and Trey all weekend, and I'm so used to saying their names, not yours. I didn't mean to write their name!" Carlyn exclaimed, trying to hide her burning face. She really didn't love Jackson like she used to.
"Okay, well if you didn't mean it, then you shouldn't have written it. Since you wrote it, we're through," Jackson replied, walking off. Carlyn jumped to her feet and ran to the bathroom, desperately holding back the tears that were threatening to spill over. Six months of dating gone down the drain. The best boyfriend, the love of her life, and her best friend, gone out of her life forever.
She locked the stall door behind her, then sat down on the floor and let the tears fall. To think about not spending nights texting him, or days talking to him almost killed her. Soon, her friends came in, looking for her. They began looking under the stalls, trying to find her. They found her in the last stall on the left.
Jordan convinced her to come out and sit with them. It was there that they stayed all morning, talking and crying together.
~

One hour later, they came out to go to their next class. Paige had Music, but Carlyn and Jordan had Health together. In health, they continued to talk, Carlyn fighting tears the whole time.
After health, she had gym. Gym was hard, because people kept asking what happened, but she made it through without crying. After gym, on her way to English, she stopped by the bathroom and let a few tears escape, locking herself in a stall.
She continued the rest of the day, the rest of the week, walking around in a depressed daze. She still couldn't get over Jackson, she didn't think she ever would.
~

That Friday, she showed up at Dalton's house with her parents, teary-eyed and depressed. The boys took one look at her, and took her outside to the pump house roof, where they sat and talked. Carlyn vented all of her feeling, while Dalton and Trey listened, nodding occasionally.
Finally, thirty minutes later, Carlyn was a lot less depressed, and they went out for dinner with their parents. For the first time in a week, Carlyn actually enjoyed her dinner, laughing and goofing off with everyone.
~

After dinner, they went back to Joel and Jerri's house for coffee. The adults drank coffee, and the kids went back out to the roof. On the roof, Carlyn complained about it being cold. "Well, maybe that's why he broke up with you. All you ever do is complain," Dalton said. As much as he loved Carlyn, he couldn't help but be mean.
Carlyn didn't say a word as the tears began to fall. Instead, she reached around Trey and pushed Dalton, who was sitting on the edge. With a scream, he fell off of the edge, landing hard on the ladder, crashing to the ground. The two left on the roof heard a pain-filled groan, then everything fell silent.

~Chapter 6~

All of the sudden, Carlyn was on her feet. She jumped from the roof, landing on her feet. Then, she ran to the side where Dalton landed when she pushed him. Trey was right behind her, laughing. For once, he was on a girl's side, not Dalton's. He agreed that Dalton deserved whatever is going to happen to him.
"Oh, my, God, Dalton, are you okay?" Carlyn asked, kneeling down beside him. "This isn't fake like it was that other time, is it?"
"No, it's not fake," he groaned, holding his arm close. "I think I broke my arm. Can you shine your flash light over here?"
Carlyn quickly shined her flashlight on his arm, and he studied the bone.
"Yep, it's broken."
"Okay, hang on," Carlyn said, sitting down and rolling her jeans up. Dalton and Trey looked at her, confused. "I've got an Ace Wrap on my knee and I can take it off for him to wrap his arm until he can get a cast," she explained.
~

Once the wrap was off of her knee, she wrapped Dalton's arm for him, worry flashing across her face. Trey crouched beside her, using his body to block the wind off of them. They got his arm wrapped, and then Dalton and Trey began to argue.
"Dalton, you can't say she pushed you!" Trey exclaimed when Dalton stood.
"Well she did. I didn't deserve it," Dalton replied, calmly leaning against the pump house.
"Yeah, you did. It's been 5 days since the break up, and you're being a horrible person about it. It's 40 degrees out here, she has a right to say it's cold.
"Okay, fine, you're right. I'll say I slipped, but that's it. Happy now?" Dalton stalked off towards the house, Carlyn and Trey following. Carlyn mouthed Thank you to Trey, and that was the end of it.
~

Ten minutes later, Carlyn, Tracee, Michael, Dalton, Joel, Jerri, and Trey were all headed to the emergency room. The adults had all agreed that it was broken, and praised Carlyn for her quick thinking, with the Ace Wrap.
In the car, Dalton held ice on his arm, while the adults drilled them with questions about how it happened. It took fast thinking, but they kept their cover story.
~

Five hours later, Carlyn and Trey were sleeping in the waiting room of the emergency room, Carlyn's head resting on Trey's shoulder, her gentle, even breathing making his and her chest rise and fall. The nurse finally came out and took Dalton back for X-Rays. His parents followed, anxious. Tracee and Michael stayed back to watch the two sleeping teenagers.
Rousing and looking around, Trey stretched, careful not to wake the sleeping Carlyn. He glanced at her face, seeing how peaceful it looked. As he watched her chest slowly rise and fall, he knew one thing. Dalton has competition.
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Just Friends {Completed} Empty Chapter 7 && 8

Post by :)Anna(: 8/26/2009, 9:49 pm

~Chapter 7~

Trey watched as Dalton and his parents came out of the double doors leading into the hospital. Dalton's arm was wrapped in a blue cast, a sling supporting it. When Dalton saw Carlyn sleeping on Trey's shoulder, anger flashed in his eyes, but it quickly faded when he saw Trey watching.
Carlyn woke up and glanced around, looking to see if Dalton had come out yet. He was sitting on her left side, whispering over her head to Trey. She sat up, still groggy. Joel and Jerri were sitting in some chairs on the other side of the room, filling out paper work. Tracee and Michael had left about an hour ago, leaving Carlyn to stay with Dalton for the night.
The boys noticed Carlyn was awake, and they motioned Joel and Jerri over. Quickly, Dalton told them that they were walking out to the car. Joel handed Dalton the keys, and they left.
~

In the car, Dalton turned on the heater and radio. Trey and Carlyn sat in silence, until Carlyn's favorite song, All Again For You, came on. Then, she sang. Her voice was beautiful, ringing through the car. Dalton and Trey sat beside her, in stunned silence. 'Is there anything she isn't good at?' Dalton thought to himself.
The song soon ended, and so did Carlyn's singing. Her cheeks were flushed pink with embarrassment as Dalton and Trey applauded her singing. Everyone soon fell silent, and, leaning her head against the window, Carlyn fell asleep again.
~

After a while, Dalton reached over the back of the seat and grabbed his mom's Georgia Bulldog blanket. He gently laid it over Carlyn, tucking it under her feet. Then, he leaned against the other window and fell asleep. Trey leaned his head against the back of the seat and dozed, waiting on Joel and Jerri to get to the car.
~

The next morning, Carlyn awoke in Joel and Jerri's guest room, wearing a pair of Dalton's gym shorts and a tee-shirt. She still had her make-up on from the night before, and her hair was a huge frizz ball. She stood up and walked over to the mirror. There was a note taped to it.
Carlyn, Trey and I are on the four-wheeler. When you get up, go get some breakfast, then text me and one of us will come pick you up. -D
Quickly, she put her jeans on, then grabbed a shirt of Dalton's out of his closet. Then, she ran a brush through her hair and went into the kitchen for breakfast. On the stove, there was a paper plate with a sticky note on the top.
C- Here are some scrambled eggs and bacon. You can heat this up and eat it, or you can get some cereal from the pantry. Text Dalton when you're through eating. -T
She unwrapped the plate and microwaved it for a minutes, then got a fork and ate. She didn't eat much dinner the night before, and she was starved. The eggs and bacon were delicious, and when she had finished, she texted Dalton and told him to come get her. While she waited, she scrubbed her teeth.
As she rinsed her mouth, she heard a four-wheeler pull up in the yard. Quickly, she turned off the water and ran out the door, grabbing her shoes as she went.
Outside, she jumped on the back of the four-wheeler, holding on to Dalton's waist.
~

She spent the day with Dalton and Trey, riding the four-wheeler and playing outside. That night, at her house, she wrote in her journal Today was the best Saturday, ever. I rode the four-wheeler with Dalton, and even with a broken arm, he's a good driver...
~

The next morning, she got up early and got dressed for church. After church, Dalton and Trey were supposed to come over to ride four-wheelers with her. For church, she decided on a black, empire-waist dress. It was floor length, and very elegant and warm. Just what she needed on a 47 degree day.
~

After church, she changed into a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt and ran outside. Just as she finished pumping air into all of the tires and filling both four-wheeler tanks with gas, she heard a truck pulling up into her yard. Turning around, she saw Trey and Dalton sliding out of the back, and Joel stepping out of the front. Neither of the boys had brought their four-wheelers, so somebody would have to ride double.
"Our four-wheeler messed up," Dalton said, coming closer, "so somebody's going to double with you. Trey said he wants to drive one, so I'll ride with you."
Carlyn nodded and started her engine. Trey started his, and Dalton threw his leg over the back of Carlyn's, holding on to her waist as she sped out of the yard and into the woods.
~

They rode for a while, until they came to an open field with a large hill. Carlyn stopped and motioned for Trey to come up beside her. When he did, she said that they jump the hill. Behind her, Dalton's eyes widened. He had never double-jumped a hill on a four-wheeler.
Before he knew what was happening, Carlyn sped off towards the hill, changing gears every 2 seconds until she was in fifth. Then, they flew over the top. Dalton's breath caught in his throat. When they landed, Carlyn slowed down and turned around. "Amazing, huh?" She asked, smiling.
Dalton nodded and smiled back, his entire face lighting up. All Carlyn could see was his gorgeous, shining green eyes and his amazing smile. In an instant, she knew that she wanted to be more than just friends with him.

~Chapter 8~

For the rest of the day, they rode together, laughing. Finally, at 9 that night, Carlyn's mom called her and said that Joel and Jerri, Dalton's parent's, we ready to leave. Carlyn spun a quick circle in the field and rode towards home.
~

"Thanks for riding me around," Dalton said, flashing her a smile.
"No problem. I had a great time! We should defiantly do this again!" Carlyn replied, smiling back. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get the image of his amazing green eyes and his smile out of her head.
Dalton slammed the car door shut and his parents drove off. Carlyn turned and headed inside, ready for her shower.
~

After her shower, Carlyn got her laptop and laid back on her bed, logging in to Yahoo! Messenger. Her friends Madison, Katelyn, Allison, and Jenn were on. She clicked all of their names and IMed them. In the middle of their conversations, Carlyn received a friend invite from JD88. She accepted, knowing it was Dalton. They had swapped e-mail addresses earlier, and she hadn't put him in her contacts.
She continued telling Madison, Katelyn, Allison, and Jenn about their four-wheeler ride, while she chatted with Dalton about random things.
~

Later that night, around 1 in the morning, everyone signed off but Dalton. Carlyn was about to fall asleep at her key board, so she told him good night and signed off. Laying her laptop on the floor beside her bed, she turned off her lamp. In the dark of her bedroom, she was instantly awake, no longer exhausted.
Sighing, she turned on her iPod and listened to music until she fell asleep, 30 minutes later.
~

The next morning, Carlyn felt her covers being pulled from her bed, exposing her body to the cold air. Curling tighter in a ball, she groggily opened her eyes. "Good morning!" Her mom said in a sing-song voice, turning on the overhead light.
"Go away!" Carlyn groaned, squinting. "What time is it?"
"It is exactly 12 in the afternoon!"
"Wh-what? 12? Why did you let me sleep so long? Dalton's supposed to be here in 30 minutes!" She exclaimed, jumping to her feet. It was a Sunday afternoon, and Dalton was coming over again to ride the four-wheeler.
Quickly, she ran around her room, throwing clothes into a pile on her bed, looking for the perfect outfit. Finally, she decided on a pair of black Sofee shorts and a white tank-top. It was cute, but it was casual. She ran into her bathroom.
~

Ten minutes later, she was completely dressed, her teeth were brushed, and her blonde hair was pulled back into a high pony-tail. After studying herself from all angles in a full length mirror, she rushed into the kitchen and fixed a sandwich.
~

Shoving the last of her sandwich in her mouth, Carlyn ran out the door to fill the four-wheelers up with gas and air. 'It won't take me long,' she thought, remembering that she filled them up yesterday, too. 'I can be finished by the time Dalton gets here.'
Quickly and carefully, she poured 5 gallons of gas into each four-wheeler, filling their tanks completely. Then, she drove them over to the air tank and filled them up. She had everything done in 5 minutes, a record for her.
~

She was relaxing on a pool towel on the deck when Dalton pulled up. She slowly rose, not wanting to seem overly excited for him to be there, even though she was. He jumped out of his dad's truck holding his helmet in his hand. Carlyn walked over to the driver's side of the truck to tell Joel hey, and then she followed Dalton over to the four-wheelers.
"I hope you wore something you don't mind getting muddy," Carlyn said. "I'm taking you mud bogging* today!"
Dalton smiled and nodded, straddling the camouflage four-wheeler and putting his helmet on. Carlyn started her engine and backed out of the shelter, waiting on Dalton. He followed, and they sped off, headed towards the woods.
In the woods, they came to a small creek Carlyn called Turkey Creek. "I know it doesn't look like much, but if you follow it back, there's a lot of mud," she said, turning and heading downstream. Dalton followed.
~

For three hours, they mud bogged, taking turns pulling each other out when they got stuck. Finally, coated in mud, Carlyn turned into the creek and drove towards the trail. Laughing and kicking up water, Dalton followed close behind her.
Out of the woods, they rode in the fields, racing and spinning donuts in the grass. For once, neither of them worried about anything, they just had fun.
~

Later that afternoon, Dalton had to go home. He followed Carlyn up the highway to her house, dreading going home. He wanted to stay with her, but they went to separate schools, and they both had school the next day
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Just Friends {Completed} Empty Chapter 9

Post by :)Anna(: 8/26/2009, 9:50 pm

~Chapter 9~

Carlyn and Dalton made it through the week at school, texting each other everyday. Friday night, the parents went out again, while Dalton and Carlyn stayed home alone. They made a pizza, and got cheese everywhere, and watched a movie. When the movie was over, and their parents still hadn't gotten home, they moved the furniture out of the living room and wrestled.
Carlyn knew wrestling moves from growing up with boys, and she won most rounds, to Dalton's surprise. He finally got tired of being beat by a girl, so they watched another movie. This time, he let Carlyn pick the movie. She picked her favorite scary movie, Run. All through the movie, she sat curled up on the couch, flinching occasionally. Scary movies weren't that interesting to Dalton, so he watched Carlyn, wanting so bad to be beside her on the couch with his arm around her, but he couldn't.
~

Two hours later, it was eleven that night, and their parents still weren't home. Dalton and Carlyn wrestled one last time, Dalton hoping her could beat her. She decided to be nice and let him.
Dalton made one final move, throwing Carlyn onto the floor on her back. He was kneeling over her, pinning her shoulders down. "Ha! I beat you!" He said, smiling.
"Yeah, you did," Carlyn replied, laughing.
For a second, they were both silent, and then, closing his eyes, Dalton leaned in and lightly kissed her lips. “I win,” he whispered.
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Just Friends {Completed} Empty Re: Just Friends {Completed}

Post by Jade 8/26/2009, 10:19 pm

Wow, what an awesome story!! It took me like 10 minutes to read but the ending was so worth it *sighs thinking dreamily of Dalton* xD
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/27/2009, 9:34 am

WOOT! Very Happy I like this story.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Just Friends {Completed} 1312Just Friends {Completed} 2412Just Friends {Completed} 3349Just Friends {Completed} 3548Just Friends {Completed} 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by :)Anna(: 8/27/2009, 4:22 pm

warmblood12211 wrote:Wow, what an awesome story!! It took me like 10 minutes to read but the ending was so worth it *sighs thinking dreamily of Dalton* xD

Thank you! It was the first story I actually shared with people...
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by :)Anna(: 8/27/2009, 4:23 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:WOOT! Very Happy I like this story.

Thanks!
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 8/27/2009, 4:57 pm

I'll try to read this later, cuz it looks good from the commments, I just don't have time right now!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 8/27/2009, 5:19 pm

Great job! Smile I liked it a lot.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 8/27/2009, 6:23 pm

I finally got to read it, and I love it! I love endings like that, it makes me sigh repeatedly for like 1/2 an hour! lol!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Post by :)Anna(: 8/27/2009, 6:33 pm

twilighter3000 wrote:I'll try to read this later, cuz it looks good from the commments, I just don't have time right now!

Thanks! I can't wait to hear what you think!
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Boballoo123 9/2/2009, 2:22 pm

That was really good! Smile
Boballoo123
Boballoo123
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 824

http://dreamer.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells 9/2/2009, 9:41 pm

Oh! This is probably my all-time favorite story! *Sighs dreamily* I read it again, and I'm still in love with it... Wow, I remember when this was on WI... Wow, that was a long time ago. nod
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 868

Back to top Go down

Post by s[he] be[lie]ve[s] 9/6/2009, 12:42 pm

Looks really good! I'll have to read it when I have some more time. :]
s[he] be[lie]ve[s]
s[he] be[lie]ve[s]
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells 9/9/2009, 8:30 pm

*Sighs again* lol, I gotta stop reading this...
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 868

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/17/2009, 1:10 am

That's awesome! Smile
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author