The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V McV - A parable by Emma - PART TWO ADDED :)

2 posters

Go down

V McV - A parable by Emma - PART TWO ADDED :) Empty V McV - A parable by Emma - PART TWO ADDED :)

Post by Pokadottie 9/14/2009, 9:02 pm

Hey guys! This is a parable I did for school last year... Enjoy!

In the real thing, the spacing isn't so smushed together... Please ignore the spacing and just enjoy the story

[center]V McV[/center]
By Emma

Lilly Monroe did not know the meaning of the word, “relax.” Throughout history class, her mind was swarming with different thoughts, and all of them jumbled together only made Lilly tired. Floating through her mind like careless balloons were her thoughts; perfecting the twirl in her jazz routine, aiming straight for the goal in her soccer semi-final, A squared plus B squared equals C squared, Light travels in waves - “Lilly?  Lilly?” 

Lilly snapped out of her daydream faster than a spooked jackrabbit.  Miss Perline’s soft hazel eyes seemed to pop out at her from the front of the room.  Lilly swallowed and nodded. 
“Yes, Miss Perline?” She asked tentatively.  Miss Perline was the kind of teacher that everyone loved, and even the trouble-makes hated to disappoint. Miss Perline sighed. 
“I don’t know what to do with you, Lil,” she stated, sounding completely exasperated.
  Lilly glanced at the floor, turning a bright shade of pink. 
 “I’m sorry, Miss Perline.  It won’t happen again.”
 “I would surely hope so.  Put away your biographies and take our your textbooks.”

Lilly yanked the soft puff cover over her head, but she knew she had to wake up.  This was a Saturday morning ritual she had been forced to repeat for years, but she couldn’t deny she loved the energy.  That energy that pulsed from the dew, the waking birds, and the steady sun made the morning, well, the morning.  Lilly tugged on her soft new navy leggings and her creamy pink tank top, quickly twirling her auburn hair into a bun as she grabbed her purple jazz bag from the windowsill.  The old black alarm clock on her bedside table read 7:03 AM as Lilly twirled out her bedroom door, down the stairs, and into the car.  But as soon as the car door had slammed – “
“Mommy?  I hungee.  I idn’t have beckfast…” a small voice piped up from the backseat.  Lilly turned to her left and glared at her mother.  “You brought HIM!?”
“Lil.  No complaining.  Little Quinny-boy here was awake and wanted to see his big sister dance. Isn’t that right, baby?”
Lilly groaned angrily. She turned around and looked at the floppy mess of dark brown hair and piercing blue eyes that were her little brother, Quinn.
“Fine.  Just keep him quiet.”
            Lilly flung her arms gracefully above her head, spinning around and around.  She grinned.  She had the twirl down.  Then it was the moment of truth.  She had to land in a perfect kick-ball-change.  Her recital was the next Friday, and the head of her jazz school would be there to watch her and six other girls at her level. He would select one of them to be the youngest on the travel jazz team, and Lilly wanted that part on the team more than anything.  She landed, feeling slightly dizzy, but kicked and then- she stepped back, saving herself from falling, but still not acing the routine.  She groaned inwardly.  Another jazz class over, another jazz routine left unperfected. 

Lilly returned home and changed into old sweats and a bright purple dance camp t-shirt. She stood at the area she had cleared for jazz in her room, and attempted her routine a couple of times. Still, no luck. And the soccer semi-final was coming up, she really should be out shooting goals. And there was also that huge science test... Lilly felt her face become hot. There was so much to do, so little time! Which was more important? Jazz, or soccer? Lilly had no idea.  Suddenly, the hall phone rang in a shrill tone.  “Call from, Gilligan, Peter” the phone’s automated voice spoke dully.  “Got it!” Lilly hollered down the stairs as she heard the name of her best friend’s father.  She pulled the phone off of it’s stand and pressed the “Talk” button.  “Hey!” she spoke into the phone.
“Hey Lil.  How was jazz?” came Char’s comforting voice. Char’s full name was Charlotte Gilligan, but she was a feisty tomboy who liked to speak her mind, and hated the name Charlotte.  Instead, she went by Char. 
  “Terrible! I stumbled on my landing, and I have so little time! I also haven’t even started studying for science, and there’s so much to do!” Lilly broke off, out of breath.
Char laughed, “Well, I was going to ask if I could come over, but you have a lot to do, science takes a while - I already did it...”
Lilly shook her head even though her best friend couldn’t see her.  “No, it’s fine, I can do homework tomorrow, come on over.” she responded.  “Have you had lunch yet?”
 “Nope.  I was, uh, kinda hoping th-“
“Sure, Char.  You can have lunch here.  I’ll make PB&B”
 “Thanks, Lil.  See you soon.”
The phone beeped, signaling that Char had hung up, and Lilly raced downstairs so the Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches could be finished by the time Char arrived on her bike.
  Lilly poured the lemonade into two cups right as Char let herself in.  “Ooh, those look scrumptious!” She announced, grabbing her sandwich and cup. 
“You wanna eat outside?” Lilly asked, motioning to the stone patio in her backyard.  Char nodded and they pushed the screen door open.  It was a hot day for September, and Lilly was almost sweating in her long sweatpants.  She took a seat on the black metal furniture, but Char had yet to sit down.  Lilly raised her eyebrows.  “Uh, Char?”
Char glared at the table as if it was her mortal enemy. 
“We always sit here!” She complained.  “Let’s sit somewhere else!”
Lilly looked at her strangely.  “Where else is there to sit?”
Char grinned in a way Lilly knew meant trouble as she turned to the way back of Lilly’s backyard. At the very back of the backyard, there was a small path that led to a small part of land that was still Lilly’s family’s, but it came to an abrupt stop when Mr. McVaughn’s tall white picket fence was planted firmly into the ground. Lilly shook her head vehemently. “No.” She insisted. “No, no, no, no.”

((This gets more exciting, I promise... Haven't gotten to the good part yet Wink))

Last edited by Pokadottie on 10/18/2009, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Pokadottie
Pokadottie
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

V McV - A parable by Emma - PART TWO ADDED :) Empty Re: V McV - A parable by Emma - PART TWO ADDED :)

Post by rattyjol 9/18/2009, 1:57 am

Cool. Smile But what's a parable?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

V McV - A parable by Emma - PART TWO ADDED :) Empty Re: V McV - A parable by Emma - PART TWO ADDED :)

Post by Pokadottie 10/18/2009, 8:54 am

A parable is a short story with a moral. I'm gonna add part two now.
Pokadottie
Pokadottie
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokadottie 10/18/2009, 8:57 am

Part two added Smile
Pokadottie
Pokadottie
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 10/18/2009, 1:29 pm

Awesome. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down