The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living Nightmare Part 3 Added

+2
Openbook
Jade
6 posters

Go down

Living Nightmare Part 3 Added Empty Living Nightmare Part 3 Added

Post by Jade 8/19/2009, 8:55 pm

Living Nightmare
by Jade

Maturity: Well, attempted suicide, death, romance. I'll let you know as the story progresses, but while it's not exactly light, it's not graphic either. mention of smoking.

Fantasy: A girl who can't die

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Preface
A teenage girl ran along side a rocky ocean shore. Her eyes bloodshot from lack of sleep and

her body thin from forgetting to eat and drink. Her long black curls floating in the wind, her skin

pale, her features pretty enough to be airbrushed. She races as if her life depends on it- while really

that's as far from the truth as you can get. The girl pauses as she sees the cluster of rocks that over

hangs the dark ocean water. The sky is a vivid black and the waves crash down soaking the girl. She

looks around and seeing nobody as the sky lights up from lightning so she scurries up the cluster of

slippery rocks, falling time and time again and ripping her jeans through the knees. Without hesitation

the girl stands facing the water, as the wind and mist pushes against before she leaps into the

turbulant water just as another bolt of lightning catches the waters surface and sends, with no doubt a

electric shock through it. The girl's head never surfaces and it seems like she's been snatched in the

storms violent grasp. If only you knew...

Chapter 1 The Truth:

The truth is. I. Can't. Die.

I wish that I could change that. I can't.

Believe me, I've tried. I've tried every way I can think of to kill myself but it never works, jumping off

of the Crater Lake over hang, tried it. Walking out in the street New York's rush hour- old news.

Trying to bleed myself to death, stabbing/ shooting myself- done that.

I always wake up in my bedroom, where everyone that was involved in any of my death attempts forgets anything about me, always alone as always seeing as my family 'took advantage of

the fact they could die.' My sister, cancer. My mom, 9/11. My dad- I'd rather not talk about him.

This is my life. My living nightmare

Chapter 2:

"Melody, get in here!" A shrill voice rang.

Melody opened her eyes slowly then groaned and rolled over on her side. Of course she was in her bed, not in

the icy cold water she had plunged into the night before.

"Melody get down here. It's now or never." Her Aunt cried with the same energy that never seemed to run

out.

Melody finally relented, she jumped out of bed and threw on a clean shirt and not so clean jeans from

yesterday. Then she thumped down the stairs to the table with steaming hot eggs, bacon and strawberry

toast. Her aunt was training to be a chef this year. Last year it had been a Department Shop owner the year

before that, a writer. None of the dreams ever happened because of Mireums short attention span. In the end

she always went back to working in her office.

How depressing.

"Melody, you have been acting sad lately." My Aunt says as she butters toast. "Is it about your parents?" She

asked her eyebrows slanted, grimacing even if the rest of her wasn't. My Aunt had a shell around her but

Sometimes. The. shell. just. cracked. ever. so. slightly. I could hardly blame her though, my mother

and father were her very best friends in the whole world and me and my sister were like her kids. She was

always worried that I was going to go die on her too- I knew this by the way she was over protective and

also the way she [sometimes] looked at my, feverishly, like I was the only other person alive.

She didn't know the truth. I wasn't worrying all the time about my sister and my parents, I had gotten

strangely used to the idea of being an orphan, not to say I didn't wish they were alive but in a way living with

eccentric Aunt suited me. What I was worried about was being indestructable, that currently seemed like a

bigger issue but I was afraid that she would ship me out to some wacko's place if I told her what I had

discovered, and how I had discovered it...

"I'm fine," I replied, blankly staring at the food that could never look 'good' to me.

My Aunt obviously didn't believe me. "Melody, while I'm gone at work today, can you promise me one thing?"

"What?" I asked my stomach sinking. How could I say no to anything she proposed when she had given me

everything?

"Meet with a friend today? For me? So I don't have to worry?" She asked running her hands through her

likewise midnight black hair.

I gulped but agreed. For after all what would I do without her? Now I just had to go hunt down Brian...

After Mierum had left for work I picked up my- held together with duct tape- phone. It was very old, clunky

and looked like it belonged in a dress-up tub. I dialed Brains number, dialing each number slowly, I wasn't

sure if I really wanted to see him.

"Hello?" Brain's voice was scratchier than Melody had remembered, she cringed.

"Brian? It's me Melody." She spoke quickly and softly.

"Melody," Brian said and you could almost hear the light bulb appearing over his head. "Why don't you ever

call anymore, babe? I've missed ya," he said soundly more and more like a snake.

"For obvious reasons," Melody spat. This was really a bad idea. "Can I-" she started to say.

"Come over? Sure babe!" Brian laughed.

Melody hung up the phone. She wasn't afraid of Brain just mad. He was her ex-boyfriend, the first and only

boyfriend she'd ever had. Brain was the kind of guy who worshiped pro-wrestling, smoked and drank even

though he was only 16, he also loved to use cheesy pick up lines.

She tossed on her coat and walked in the bitter cold air to the dock where sure enough Brain was sitting

smoking with a few of his high friends and their "girlfriends".

"Hey, Melody," Brain laughed pulling in for a long kiss, his breath smelled like beer. Melody hated beer.

She pulled away, "could we not play tug of war?" she asked tartly.

"Well what did you want to do? Talk?" Brain laughed along with some of his other friends.

"I-" Melody then realized she didn't know what she wanted to do. She began to walk away but to her

horror Brain grabbed her.

"I'm not finnished with you," he whispered.

Melody felt her heartbeat speed up. "Brain, no-" but he was already smothering her in another kiss. She then bit Brain as hard as she could he jumped back, Blood oozing.

"You *bleep*," he said. Then he smiled his snake smile and said, "payback." He grabbed Melody and then

without a thought tossed her in the Ocean. She wasn't too concerned.

Last edited by warmblood12211 on 8/31/2009, 2:13 pm; edited 9 times in total
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Living Nightmare Part 3 Added Empty Re: Living Nightmare Part 3 Added

Post by Openbook 8/19/2009, 8:58 pm

I like it I want to know that happens Pleaseeeeee!
Openbook
Openbook
Inspired Novice
Inspired Novice

Female Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/19/2009, 10:43 pm

Hehe, I'll write more tonight. Very Happy
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/20/2009, 12:46 am

Awesome! I love that! It reminds me of BTW's preface! xD

Preface

A girl is running. Each step she takes brings her farther away from everything she has known. Everything she wishes not to know. Everything she hates. Her life. She is running harder now, the cold salt from the ocean breeze whipping her hair back, stinging her face. She runs as her life depends on it.

Almost there, she thinks, almost there. She runs until she reaches the shore. She knows what she must do. Despite the fear she has felt before, she feels no hesitation. The choppy waves look like ripples of silk to her. The freeze as she dips her toe into the water is only a mere chill, subsiding into a warm tingly feeling rising up inside her. The ocean is calling. She gazes towards the sun. It is setting over the horizon, washing its gentle golden rays across the deep blue expanse before her. The tingly feeling has risen like a balloon filling with air. She is content. With no hesitation, she takes a deep breath and extends her hands before her, leaping high into the air, twisting into a perfect dive. The last glimpse of her is her feet, sinking swiftly into the deep blue ocean.

Despite the large splash left above, everything below is peaceful. Everything is quiet. The fish swim around her; the seaweed brushes her ankles as she swims rapidly deeper. She has waited too long for this. The tingly feeling has enveloped her in a warm cocoon of happiness. She has accomplished her destiny. For the first time in her life she feels complete. She lets out a contented sigh and torpedoes farther into the deep, dark unknown.

From the shore a lone girl hides behind a rock watching intently with cat-like green eyes. As soon as the other girl is underwater, her lithe form which is clothed in all black, is running towards the sand faster than possible. She leaps high into the air and falls into the cold, choppy water with barely a splash and speeds along, soon overtaking the girl although she does not show her presence. And she follows this way, hiding behind rocks, all the while with a crafty smile on her face.

Look how similar they are! xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Living Nightmare Part 3 Added Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/20/2009, 8:59 am

That's awesome! x3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Living Nightmare Part 3 Added 1312Living Nightmare Part 3 Added 2412Living Nightmare Part 3 Added 3349Living Nightmare Part 3 Added 3548Living Nightmare Part 3 Added 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by merry312 8/20/2009, 9:03 am

That is really good! Smile I like it!
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/20/2009, 7:40 pm

That's funny Dream grin

Thanks Merry and Shadow Very Happy
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/20/2009, 8:00 pm

I know! xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/20/2009, 9:33 pm

Yep, so what do you think of the new part?
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/25/2009, 1:38 pm

Update
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/25/2009, 3:04 pm

I like the new part, Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Living Nightmare Part 3 Added 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/25/2009, 6:02 pm

I like it too! x3 I think it's cool how you're talking about this girl's immortality, and then suddenly you go into the normal routine of her life.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Living Nightmare Part 3 Added 1312Living Nightmare Part 3 Added 2412Living Nightmare Part 3 Added 3349Living Nightmare Part 3 Added 3548Living Nightmare Part 3 Added 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/25/2009, 8:31 pm

Thanks you guys Very Happy
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down