The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Severance (News! News! Check the News!)

+4
xxevrrmorrx113
shadowsowner888
Lyssa45
Akeria
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Severance (News! News! Check the News!) Empty Severance (News! News! Check the News!)

Post by Akeria 9/16/2009, 2:00 pm

Severance
By Akeria Hale
Maturity: References to weapons, jail, and more crime like things, but no real harm. Real relationships and births, but no detail.
Fantasy: They don't live on Earth.

**News Updates, Chapter where-abouts, Letter from the Author, and more on the second post!**

Prologue

I paced the room silently. They had to let me out of here eventually. I looked at the door, and then continued pacing, feeling the heavy handcuffs around my wrists, squeezing them in and cutting off circulation to my hands. They were beginning to get numb. I'm never going to get out of here... I thought somberly.

Finally a man came in. He was about six feet tall, and wore a white button-down shirt, with a tie and suit jacket on. His pants matched his jacket, and his hair was slicked back with far too much gel. He sat down at the small desk in the room and opened a file.

"Oh, Chealsey... What have you done now?" He asked. His voice was raspy and hoarse sounding, but it had authority behind it.

I looked at him, my eyes flaming with fury. "Nothing." I said. It was no more than a whisper. "Stop calling me Chealsey." I said, with a little more volume.

"Sit down, Chealsey." He told me.

I shook my head and stared at him. "Not until you take off these handcuffs." I picked up my arms to show him the metal circles choking my wrists. He sighed and took a small key out of his pocket, unlocking them from my wrists. I sat down at the table as instructed.

"Chealsey, your father can't cover for your actions for much longer." He stated. He wove his fingers together and placed them on the table, looking at me intently with cold blue eyes.

"I don't have a father. Stop calling me Chealsey." My voice was like a lion, fierce. There was not a touch of sarcasm, or irony in it. I made sure. I knew this man, he didn't play to sarcasm very well.

"Okay, Chealsey. But he has ruled in your innocence, and once again you're free to go, though I would be careful next time." He nodded and set down a suitcase, which contained clothes for me. He pulled out jeans and a tee shirt and tried to hand them to me but I refused.

"My name isn't Chealsey, It's Chess." I stated. I walked out the door, still wearing the orange jumpsuit assigned to all prison personnel.

I continued down the hall and out the door, where my ride was waiting. I slid into the passenger seat of the car and looked at my driver.

He was tall, though you couldn't tell from the way he was sitting in the car. His hair was dark, and cropped quite short. His eyes were a dark brown, and he wore normal clothes, the kind I had refused. He put his hand on my face and kissed me gently.

"Chess, why are you wearing that." He asked soon after. "That will only attract attention."

"You think I care? I don't. We just need to get back to head quarters. We're lucky I was just put in jail for a minor offense. If it had been what actually happened, God... I'd still be in there."

He smiled, thinking of what had happened several nights before. I looked down at my finger, the wedding band still there from a month ago.

"I can't wear this." I told him. "It would ruin everything, especially with the group. We can't let them know."

"They're going to find out that we're married eventually, Chess. We can't exactly hide that." He helped me ease the ring off my finger as the car took over driving to headquarters.

We pulled up to the rotting building twenty minutes later. It was exactly as I remembered it from four months ago. The "No Trespassing" sign stood broken in the front yard, and the black paint was still peeling off of the siding and the windows. Perfect.

He pulled me close and gave me a quick kiss, just as the sun went the rest of the way down. We walked into the house, hearing whispering in the other room.

"We have to get the boy..." I heard. That must have been Den. He was the "leader". Sort of... Not that we really had a leader anyway. We all kind of did our own parts.

"Den, no. We can't just go and get him. We'd be risking even the best of the best to go and get someone who doesn't matter."

"You don't get it, Jay!" Den shouted at a girl. I guessed she was new... I didn't recognize her... We walked around the corner and into the room. Den stood up. "Chess..." He said. "Y-your back!"

"Of course I'm back! What, did you think I was going to stay in jail forever? Nah. I've been in and out three times since I last saw you." I went over and gave him a quick shake of the hands, and then looked around the room.

Den stood at about six-four. He was very thin, and had dark eyes and dark hair. His complexion was pale, and his hands were covered in oil from working on the engineering of our latest, and most important, project ever.

Jay, the girl, was blonde. Of course she's blonde. I thought to myself. She had bright blue eyes and was slender, wearing jeans that barely hung onto her hips and a tiny tee-shirt. Not exactly attire appropriate for what we did here... Maybe she was on a mission though...

I turned back to den. "Where's Bane? Where's Ivy?" I asked. Bane and Ivy were my two best friends, except for my husband, Ray of course. He was my husband, after all.

"Things have changed, Chess." The girl Jay said. Her tone was sarcastic. She went over to Den and gave him a quick kiss. "We're doing the mission now." She winked and then grabbed Den's hand, pulling him out of the room. I didn't like Jay.

I spun around and looked at Ray. "What!" I screamed. "We were doing that mission! We... he... Den... No... The Boss needs my DNA. Not that.... that.... her's! You know what we're supposed to do! Why wouldn't The Boss let us do it? We're just having a little trouble... That's all..." Ray put his hands on my shoulders.

"We still have the mission. They're working on a different part of the mission, it's similar, but not the same. Our task is still the same, we can do it." I looked away, my eyes started to tear. He turned me around so we were both looking in the grimy mirror opposite the wall.

"What do you think he'll look like?" I asked, looking at my blue eyes, and Ray's brown ones. My red, wavy hair, and his brown hair. Our slender frames.

"He'll have your eyes, and your hair, and he'll be perfect, just like you." He smiled at the mirror.

"What if he has... problems with the mission?" I asked, my voice shaking as more tears came into my eyes.

"Chess, he'll be fine. He needs to be here though before any of that can happen." He smiled, and I knew what he was thinking as he kissed me and turned out the lights.

Last edited by Akeria on 9/22/2009, 5:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Severance (News! News! Check the News!) Empty Re: Severance (News! News! Check the News!)

Post by Akeria 9/16/2009, 2:01 pm

Chapter Where-Abouts
Prologue - Page 1, Post 1
Chapter 1 - Page 1, Post 7
Chapter 2 - Page 3, Post 6
Chapter 3 - Page 4, Post 4

Note From The Author
Akeria Hale is my pen name. Obviously I'm not going to give out my real name... I've written many stories, one which I plan on publishing. This story "Severance" I also plan on publishing.

News
[9.16.09] - Well, I posted the Prologue today. Maybe if you get lucky I'll post some more later... Maybe not. Severance (News! News! Check the News!) Icon_biggrin I had some technical difficulties with posting the Prologue, for unknown reasons... But I finally got it to work. Enjoy!
[9.22.09] - I had an idea, and it's not a change of heart or anything. Oh, no. However, it does effect stuff. So. I decided that I'm going to be writing this story on Tuesday and Thursday. Okay? This means that on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, you should check DoTMS, because that's probably where the writing stuff will beeeeeeeee. M'kay?

Like this story? Check out some of Akeria Hale's other stories!
Diary of The Middle Sister

Last edited by Akeria on 9/22/2009, 5:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Severance (News! News! Check the News!) Empty Re: Severance (News! News! Check the News!)

Post by Lyssa45 9/16/2009, 4:28 pm

I really like this story! Great job! Smile

~Lys
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Female Posts : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/16/2009, 4:37 pm

Thanks Lys! I love your avvie and siggie by the way, they're amazing. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/16/2009, 4:38 pm

No problem! Haha thanks! Smile Your avvie/siggy is sooooo cute!!
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/16/2009, 5:04 pm

Merci! Very Happy My friend made the siggie for me, and then I made the avvie off of it. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/16/2009, 5:43 pm

Chapter 1
I sped down the stairs and looked around, the coast was clear, my nerf gun was ready in my hands as I scoped around the room. I saw him out of the corner of my eye and shot him, straight where his heart would be, with the rubber dart.

"Gotcha!" I yelled. My Dad smiled at me. He was tall, with short brown hair and reflective brown eyes. They were deep brown eyes too.

"Good job, Chancey." He said. He patted me on the head and then took my nerf gun as well as his, putting them on the dinning room table. "I have to go to work, though, sweetie." He pulled on his coat and put a hat on his head. "I'll be back around nine, after your mother. Be good! And feed the dog!" He told me, as he walked out the door.

"Bye, Dad!" I called after him. I went upstairs and signed onto the computer, looking at various websites that held little interest to me. I got bored, finally, and went downstairs to watch some cartoons before my mom came home.

I didn't have to wait very long. Mom walked in the door, soaked from the rain, seconds later. I jumped up to meet her, hugging her.

"Hey Chancey-girl. What'd you do today?"

"Nothing really..." I answered. "I played around with Dad a little."

"Cool!" She said, she sounded excited, like it was important I play with my dad, or something... Which it was. I loved playing around with my dad.

I looked a lot like my mom. She had red hair that fell to her waist in a cascade of waves and curls. Her eyes were a dark blue color, and they were goregous. Mine weren't as pretty, but I had the same hair as her. She was very slender, and she was cool too. I swear, my mom could have been like a spy or something. She was that cool. My dad too. And I loved her name. Chealsey. My dad's name was Raymond. Both were really cool names. But why was my name Chancey? I didn't really understand... And when I asked about it, my parents would exchange looks and say. "You were named after someone really important." But then they would quickly change the subject... weird...

I did as Dad told me and fed the dog, as Mom unpacked groceries and started to make dinner. She wasn't much of a cook, we had a lot of pasta, and pre-packaged meals. I didn't mind too much. I didn't like home-cooked stuff very much anyway.

"Did you do anything else today?" Mom asked.

"Not really. Just watched some cartoons, and I went on the computer." I told her. Her fork froze, though I couldn't quite understand why.

"Cool." She said, after about a second's pause. "Did anyone call while your father and I were out?"

"Just this stupid telemarketer... Duma Science or something?" Again, her fork froze. What the heck? What was wrong with her?

"I do hate telemarketers." She said finally. I shook it off, thinking it was nothing and the two of us sat down to play a board game until Dad came home.

He did come home, and Mom sent me to bed early saying "It's a Sunday, you have school in the morning. You need to get up early to walk the dog." So, I went to bed, confused about why Duma Science was so important, and what about the computer was so interesting. I decided to find out.

I snuck into the office with the computer and searched through the hard-drive for "Duma Science" about fifty thousand results came up. Newspaper articles, digital blueprints of the main buildings, and notes about everyone who worked there. I was in shock! What was this place? Why was it so important?

I looked at one of the blueprints, seeing tons of smaller buildings off of the main ones. They were labled "Training". I then looked through the files about the blueprints and read about the Training rooms.

"These rooms are made of the latest material. Their solid frames make them impossible to break, and they are completely tank and missle proof. The floor has a padding of three feet, so agile members can practice without the risk of getting hurt."

Missle proof? Why would you need a missle in a training arena? This place sounded like more than science... and not in a good way.

I erased the cache to delete what I had searched and snuck to the landing on the stairs, stepping over the creaky step.

"Ray, she knows." My mom said. Her voice was stressed.

"It'll be okay, honney. She won't find out. Not until the time is right."

"But, Ray..."

"No, Chess." He said, as if it was his final word on the matter.

Who's Chess? I thought to myself, filing it in the back of my mind for future refference. I wente back upstairs and climbed into bed, confused and dazed.

Last edited by Akeria on 9/16/2009, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/16/2009, 6:01 pm

Ooo, this is really cool! ^^ And I love that the prologue was so romancey.

I'm a little confused, though. xD In the prologue, the hubby was Ray, but in Chapter 1 he's Jay? Unless I'm just confusing myself, lol. Anyway, awesome job with it all so far!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 1312Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 2412Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 3349Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 3548Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/16/2009, 6:05 pm

Gah! You is right! This is what happens when I name too many charries at once. o.O I change that.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/16/2009, 6:38 pm

Haha, I've done that a lot too. xD I'm never changing my charrie's names again if they've been the same for a year. That caused major chaos in the first draft of Dragon Soul.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 1312Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 2412Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 3349Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 3548Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/16/2009, 6:40 pm

I hope people figured out that Chancey is Chess and Ray's daughter. o.O Lol. I'm worried about this being too confusing. It makes sense in my head though nod
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/16/2009, 6:45 pm

Lol, I figured that. xD And I'm exceptionally unobservant, too, so that's a good sign for the story. Wasn't confusing at all. Wink
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/16/2009, 6:46 pm

Thank god. But it only gets worse from here. evil
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/16/2009, 6:57 pm

0.0 Confusing-wise?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/16/2009, 7:08 pm

Siiiiiii. Very Happy
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/16/2009, 7:11 pm

*meep* ._.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/16/2009, 7:28 pm

Loved the first chapter!! Smile
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyssa45 9/16/2009, 7:29 pm

Akeria wrote:I hope people figured out that Chancey is Chess and Ray's daughter. o.O Lol. I'm worried about this being too confusing. It makes sense in my head though nod
I was like "OHHHH!!!" when I figured that out! xD I love when things come together like that! Very Happy
Lyssa45
Lyssa45
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by xxevrrmorrx113 9/16/2009, 10:08 pm

This was awesome Wink I love your writing... heehee
xxevrrmorrx113
xxevrrmorrx113
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 806

http://www.xxevrrmorrx113.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/16/2009, 11:48 pm

That's awesome. cheesy Mooooooooore.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 9/17/2009, 4:08 pm

SO COOL!! and I figured out that Chancey was Chaelsy and Ray's daughter once she started talking about them. PLEASE write more soon please oh please oh please!!!!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/17/2009, 4:47 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:*meep* ._.

Lol.

Lyssa45 wrote:Loved the first chapter!! Severance (News! News! Check the News!) Icon_smile
Lyssa45 wrote:
Akeria wrote:I hope people figured out that Chancey is Chess and Ray's daughter. o.O Lol. I'm worried about this being too confusing. It makes sense in my head though Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 899677
I was like "OHHHH!!!" when I figured that out! xD I love when things come together like that! Severance (News! News! Check the News!) Icon_biggrin

Thank you!

And that's the reaction I was aiming for. Very Happy

xxevrrmorrx113 wrote:This was awesome Severance (News! News! Check the News!) Icon_wink I love your writing... heehee
Thank you! I love your siggy! It's amazing! And, just a question, but does your username reference to Edgar Allen Poe?

rattyjol wrote:That's awesome. Severance (News! News! Check the News!) 268382 Mooooooooore.
Thank you very much. Smile

catbuster wrote:SO COOL!! and I figured out that Chancey was Chaelsy and Ray's daughter once she started talking about them. PLEASE write more soon please oh please oh please!!!!
I will! I will! I need to eat first! xD I haven't eaten ANYTHING all day... Lol. But then I'll write more, don't worry, Wink
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/17/2009, 5:52 pm

x3 Yay!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/18/2009, 2:25 pm

o.O I was not in a writing mood yesterday. At all...

So, one to two chapters will be posted today. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 9/18/2009, 5:33 pm

YAYNESS!!!!! New chapies!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next