The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER!

+8
DiscardedHarmony
xSophiexx16
Arianna
Webkinz-lover#1
Akeria
shadowsowner888
Jesus4Eternity
Jade
12 posters

Go down

Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! Empty Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER!

Post by Jade 9/25/2009, 6:50 pm

Lately us mods have been talking a lot about grammar mistakes and so forth. We really would like it if you guys tried your best to use at least "OK" Punctuation, Grammar etc. It makes the forum easier to read and gets you into good habits for school/life in general. Very Happy Us mods are going around and if we see someone who continually (meaning like every other post) than we'll PM them and give them several warnings, but if you ignore us then it would lead to a few-day ban. Shocked Surprised

But you guys don't worry, if you're not the best speller/you make some mistakes sometimes it's no biggie. Just make sure you try to improve. Very Happy
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! Empty Re: Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER!

Post by Jesus4Eternity 9/25/2009, 6:58 pm

I mean, we all make typos, but there's a difference between one typo and every post having incorrect grammar. Smile
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! Siggy
Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! SiggyPunctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! Siggy
Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! SiggyPunctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! Empty Re: Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER!

Post by shadowsowner888 9/25/2009, 7:02 pm

Yeah, what they said. nod

Think of it a bit like a school assignment. You'd try and do your best work for that, right? Smile So try and do your best here. (But we're not school. o.0)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 1312Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 2412Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 3349Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 3548Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 9/25/2009, 7:40 pm

No, we're absolutely not school. To be honest, the purpose of enforcing this rule is to introduce members to proper grammar, and proper spelling, so that it makes you better writers, and it makes you better role-players or poets.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 9/25/2009, 11:22 pm

Exactly Keri Very Happy
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by Webkinz-lover#1 9/25/2009, 11:35 pm

I haven't been noticing a lot of continual errors, but I know what you mean. Not everyone is an amazing speller or a great grammar person, but you could at least try to remember to do your best. :] Nobody's perfect, but if you work on it, you'll get to be a much better writer/role player. Smile
Webkinz-lover#1
Webkinz-lover#1
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2058

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/26/2009, 1:55 am

Thank you so much for mentioning this again. Smile It's very important and though I've been seeing it less, I'd hope that it gets better and better.
A school assignment is a good way to think of it. Also, things like firefox and chrome have built in spell checkers - just right click the word and it gives you suggestions. Wink If you're really unsure about your grammar or punctuation, just google grammar checker or paste it into microsoft word. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/26/2009, 10:11 am

What Ari and Keri said! xD

And if you're a Mac user, pay attention to the little red lines that come up under misspelled words. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 1312Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 2412Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 3349Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 3548Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 9/26/2009, 10:20 am

Yep, it does that on ours, a windows, too Smile That's good. nod
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by xSophiexx16 12/7/2009, 12:22 pm

It's "etc." not "ect." Rolling Eyes
Thought it was sort of humorous how it's a thread saying use good grammar and then there's a typo with the wrong way to use "ect.".

Anyways, okey dokles.

(Arianna is right, grammar is spelled with an a too (:
I didn't notice that!)

Last edited by xSophiexx16 on 12/7/2009, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
xSophiexx16
xSophiexx16
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 3918Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 3919Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 4122Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 4123Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 4121Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 2005Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 4120Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 1703Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 1704Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 3920Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 1770Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 3918Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 3916Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! 1697
Female Posts : 1778

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 12/7/2009, 12:49 pm

Lawl, Sophie. xD
Grammar is spelled with an 'a', too, but I won't point that out. xD
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscardedHarmony 12/7/2009, 3:06 pm

Ha! There is a reason why I don't like bad grammar. I knew it! xD I also noticed the ect. and grammer Punctuation, Grammar etc. REMEMBER! Fresse Made me laugh in this particular thread xD
DiscardedHarmony
DiscardedHarmony
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1596

http://ShimmeringHeart.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 4/6/2010, 12:43 am

All I see it the

to too and two

Exception and Acception

Sight and Site

and stuff like that]]
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -

Shiner -

Hearts -

Master Emerald -

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren 7/9/2010, 12:09 pm

Yeah, I think this title should be edited, in the US I'm 100% positive it's 'grammar'. IDK if it's grammer anywhere, but if it is, my mistake, you;re right in that sense.
lauren
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 410

http://www.lilacxxlauren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/9/2010, 12:19 pm

Yep, I think that'd be a good idea. Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 7/9/2010, 1:31 pm

I was thinking the same things Sophie was. Grammer (grammar), continuely (continuously), ect. (etc.)... xD

But I'm glad this was brought up to bigger attention. I think it needs it. nod
IDK if it's grammer anywhere, but if it is, my mistake, you;re right in that sense.
It's grammar everywhere, you're right. (;

(Though it's not defense and theater everywhere. In England, it's respectively defence and theatre, if I stand correctly. Just felt like pointing that out somewhat randomly. xD)
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MarielofRedwall 7/21/2010, 6:24 pm

I'll sure try to do this. Sometimes, I accidentally make typos though...No But thank you so much!
MarielofRedwall
MarielofRedwall
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down