The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Life and Times of a Normal Girl

+2
rattyjol
DreamCatcher81
6 posters

Go down

The Life and Times of a Normal Girl Empty The Life and Times of a Normal Girl

Post by DreamCatcher81 12/24/2009, 11:54 pm

Um something I randomly typed. I've been wanting to do a diary story for a really long time, so I thought I would finally do it. Btw, this is not about me. Just fyi, thought I'd put that up there. Haha.

The Life and Times of a Normal Girl

Introduction

Me? I guess I’m just one of those crazy girls who lived as a clone of the “it” girls and then finally threw it all way and became herself, a full out freak. I’m one of those girls who trusts too many people and pours her whole heart out to anyone who listens only to be stabbed in the back over and over and over again. I’m one of those girls who secretly crushes on her best friends but still has never had a boyfriend ‘cause she’s too afraid to tell them how she really feels. I’m one of those people who are weird and crazy even when people are watching, I’m one of those girls who don’t have a group but hangs out with all the kids at the school. I’m one of those girls who hates getting caught up in the drama, who hates gossip but can’t help but join in, who denies anything and everything she hides in her heart and mind, and who secretly hopes for everything she can’t have. I’m one of those crazy dreamers with their heads up in the clouds who lives too much, loves too much, cries too much, laughs too much, wishes to much, and talks too much. I guess I’m just another one of those Jacquelyn Johnson.

December 24, 2009

I hereby solemnly state that this is the true account of the life and times of Jacquelyn Marie Johnson. I’m just an ordinary 8th grader, no pop star like Hannah Montana, or some other famous person with a super important life or anything. Nope, I’m just normal. And this is my story.

Ever feel like you’re ugly? Not like horribly ugly- well maybe- but definitely not pretty. Wow, what a way to start this off, but I mean this is my journal, my story, so I’ll tell it the way I want to. And this is what I’m thinking about, so I’ll say it. Anyways, have you ever felt definitely not pretty? I mean, sure, I had grown up being called beautiful all my life. I didn’t think I was some next beauty pageant, Miss U.S.A. at all, but when I looked in a mirror, I thought I was somewhat pretty. Well until I got to 8th Grade. It was really at the beginning of the year when I noticed it, and then it was like BAM! Well, I suppose, when your surrounded by chicks like Malibu Barbie with perfect blonde hair and manicures, skinny as a stick, and dazzling blue eyes, things would tend to change. But if you haven’t felt that way, dear reader, let me tell you. You are amazingly lucky. It’s a horrible feeling because there’s nothing you can do about it. Sure, the acne will clear up, but it’ll take a few months. Sure, you can fix the horrible hair, but it’ll take a few weeks to make room for an appointment to get it cut. And, well so on. The list goes on and on. I suppose you can imagine. And- well, why am I talking about all of this. It’s kind of weird and depressing. I’m gonna talk about something else.

First of all: middle school. If you’re gonna stick around with my diary, you should know something about us eighth graders and our school. There’s groups, or levels so you could say. I imagine it’s the same at any other school, but just to make sure, I’ll introduce you to the levels at mine. I like to use the metaphor of a plane. It seems to work.

First Class, Right Hand Side: These are the popular girls. Plain and simple. They are the perfect, prim and proper, classy, rich girls that everyone else wants to be like. The boys are nice, but extremely athletic. They have to be to be a part of this group, since everyone is seemingly perfect.

First Class, Left Hand Side: These are the cool kids. They don’t care much for what others think of them, and there’s mixed reactions towards them. Some hate ‘em and gossip about them, because they secretly wish they could be a part of them, but know they have no chance, so pretend. Others look up to them because of their status, but don’t admit it either. Basically no one admits they like them, but most of them do. I’ll admit. I pretended not to like them at first either, but now I do. Well, considering this is my group. But overall, despite the gossip and hate, they’re still high up because of their confidence. They don’t always dress perfect, typically hair in a bun and sweatshirt and skinny jeans for girls, but it doesn’t matter. They guys like them anyways. They guys aren’t necessarily athletic, but many of them are anyways. They just have to have the cool kid swagger.

Coach, Right Hand Side: These are the plain old weird kids. Now, even though I’m in the Left First Class, I’m friends with a lot of people (I like to keep my possibilities open) so I’ll say right now, they’re not really that weird. But they have the image, and no matter what, they’ve gotta stick with it, ‘cause the hassle of getting out is worse than the actual benefits.

Coach, Left Hand Side: The nerds. To classify, I’d stick with the same definition as above for the Right Hand Side.

Flight Attendants: These are the wanna-be’s. They have no group and spend all their time serving the First Class, hoping they can someday join them.

And now I’m pooped from typing this all up. I mean it’s Christmas Eve. I’ll try to get on tomorrow and talk more and tell you more about me, but for now I think I’ll go lay by the fire and watch some boring Christmas Specials.

Love,

Jacquelyn

DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

The Life and Times of a Normal Girl Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

The Life and Times of a Normal Girl Empty Re: The Life and Times of a Normal Girl

Post by rattyjol 12/25/2009, 3:23 am

Looks awesome so far. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

The Life and Times of a Normal Girl Empty Re: The Life and Times of a Normal Girl

Post by DreamCatcher81 12/25/2009, 3:56 am

Thanks. It's a diary, so it'll probably suck, but oh well. tongue
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 12/25/2009, 4:13 pm

Woah, this is cool! x3 No way does it suck, Dream. I can't wait to read more!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Life and Times of a Normal Girl 1312The Life and Times of a Normal Girl 2412The Life and Times of a Normal Girl 3349The Life and Times of a Normal Girl 3548The Life and Times of a Normal Girl 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 12/25/2009, 5:00 pm

Cool, I always liked these kind of diary stories! Way to go dream!! righton
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 12/25/2009, 5:05 pm

Thanks guys!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 12/25/2009, 5:06 pm

Well...this stupefyingly awesome! Amazing, keep writing and I'll read. Razz
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2947

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 12/25/2009, 5:08 pm

Thanks! cheesy
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by merry312 1/26/2010, 3:03 pm

I like this Dream! Smile It's really good and I love how you used the plane metaphor thing. Very Happy That was really clever!
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down