The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished]

3 posters

Go down

The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished] Empty The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished]

Post by Hahaha818 3/26/2010, 3:35 pm

CHAPTER 1

I guess I'll start with the basics: My name is Danielle, Dani for short. I'm fourteen, a freshman in highschool, and I'm home-schooled. I have red hair, green eyes and lots of freckles. I like hanging out with my friends and, believe it or not, my family. I also like playing guitar and singing, playing little kid games like Hide-and-Seek, tag and Red Rover. I have an older brother and a younger sister. Oh yeah, one more thing you should know, I can teleport anywhere I want.
My life was as normal as any fourteen-year-old teleporter's life could be. I did my schoolwork, watched TV, maybe played on the computer, sometimes I went to Egypt or Germany, maybe Washington, D.C. or Florida. My parents know about my...ability. As do my siblings and best friend, Joshua. Sometimes one of them comes with me, but mostly it's just me. My favorite places to go are the places listed above, with the addition of Venice, Italy. Anyway, now that you know about my life, I'll start my story when things got weird.
It was about four o'clock. I was sitting on the sand, looking at the Pyramids in Giza, Egypt, when I nocticed something strange. It was a girl, probably a year or two older than me, who just appeared out nowhere on top of one of the pyramids. A split-second later a man popped up behind her. He grabbed her arm and was trying to turn her to face him. When she wouldn't turn, he slapped her across the face. I'd seen enough. I started frantically looking through my backpack for a weapon. I found one. A pocket knife I kept with me, just in case I needed it. This seemed like an appropriate occasion. I open the blade, teleported to where the girl and the man were, and somehow ended up behind the man. He apparently had, like, sonic hearing or something because as soon as my appearance made the usual soft pop! noise, the man turned to me. I held my knife in front of me, ready to make a jab at a moments notice. The man looked back and forth between me and the other girl and then started laughing.
"You think that little thing can stop me?" he said.
"Maybe. You don't know what I can do with it," I replied, putting an evil grin on my face. I knew how I looked. I looked like a mental patient who escaped from the asylum.
"You're right. I don't," the man said. "But I do know that you don't want to mess with me. So why don't you just skedaddle on back to wherever you came from and forget all about this."
I felt a slight pull to do just that, but I shook it off and once again focused on the man. "No can do. If I did, you'd hurt her." I pointed to the girl, who was still standing there as if she was bound by invisible ropes. "And I just can't let you do that."
The man sighed. "Okay, but just know you forced me to do this." He locked his gaze on my face and he looked like he was concentrating really hard. I felt a little strange, but I was uneffected. The man looked truly surprised, then started swearing like a sailor under his breath. Then, in a flash, he was gone.
After he was gone, the girl fell to her knees and started gasping in air like she really had been tied up and the ropes were a little too tight. "Thank you," she said as I helped her up.
"No problem," I replied. "I have one question, though."
"Okay, shoot."
"Who was that guy?"
"I don't know. He's been chasing me for days," the girl said. "Oh, by the way, my name's Mandy."
"I'm Dani," I said. "Why has he been chasing you?"
"He's what we call a Jack."
"What's a Jack?"
"It's short for Jack-of-All-Trades. A Jack is a supernatural with the ability to steal someone else's power, making them able to have any power they want. Hence, the name."
"So he was chasing you to get your power? Why? He obviously already has the power to teleport."
"He wants all my powers. I'm a Jack. A good Jack, but still a Jack."
I took a step back. "You steal other people's powers?" I said, astonished.
"I don't steal other people's powers. You can get someone's power without completely taking it away. It makes them weak for a little bit, but then they're back to full blast. Plus, I always ask before I take some of their power."
"Oh." Relieved, I stepped back toward Mandy. Because of how high up we were, the wind was blowing really hard. I went to pull a ponytail-holder off my wrist and noticed my watch. It was five. I had to get home. "I'm sorry I have to go."
"Wait, where can I find you?" Mandy asked.
"Hold on," I said. I teleported back to where I had left my stuff, grabbed my backpack, then teleported back. I pulled out a small photograph of my house and handed it to Mandy, knowing just giving her an address would do nothing to help her find me seeing as in order to teleport somewhere you have to be able to picture where you want to go.
"Thanks again for helping me," she said.
"It was nothing," I replied. Then I went back home.

CHAPTER 2

As soon as I got home I could smell food. And let me tell you, it smelled good. I had teleported to my room, which used to be the attic. You might think it would be awful to have a bedroom that used to be the attic, but it's actually really cool. You're far away from the noise of the rest of your family and since you have climb a ladder to get there, no one really bothers you when you're in your room. Which, for me, is really good because I only go to my room when I want to be alone. Most of the time I like being in the center of noise that my family makes. My house is really loud because all of us kids play an instrument, dance or sing, so there's always music playing from somewhere. As you already know, I play guitar and sing, Andrew (age sixteen) plays piano, violin, and cello, and Melanie (who's twelve) spends most of her time dancing but she also likes to play drums. So, between the three of us, we could make a band. Not that we would want to.
Anyway, I pulled down the ladder and heard Mel playing her drums in her room, Andrew playing his keyboard, and, louder than anything else, my dad yelling at the TV. Apparently he was watching a football game and the referee was being "so blind a bat could ref better than him".
I went into the kitchen to see my mom pulling something out of the oven. "What's that?" I asked.
"It's lasagna," Mom said.
"Yum. Guess I got back just in time, huh?"
"Yep. Where'd you go this time?"
"The Pyramids in Giza."
"Ah. You'll have take me there sometime." My mom wants travel the world. I guess that's where I get my love of traveling from.
"You're on," I said. "Oh! I almost forgot. I met another person with powers today. Two people actually but one didn't stick around long."
"Really? I'd love to meet--" Mom started to say, but right at that moment Mel came in and interupted her by saying, "Is dinner ready?"
Mom turned to Mel. "Yeah. Enough anyway."
"Enough? It's not completely done just done enough?" I asked with a laugh.
"It could be cooked longer, but it's done enough to eat now," Mom replied, completely serious.
"Okay. Works for me, I'm starving!"
"Mel, go tell your dad and Andrew that dinner's ready," Mom said.
Melanie took a deep breath. "DINNER'S READY!!" she shouted as loud as she could.
"Not like that! I could've done that."
"So why didn't you?" Mel said, and both of burst out laughing.
At that moment Andrew and Dad walked in. "Did I hear some say dinner's ready?" Andrew asked.
"Yeah, your sister. Even though I told her to go get you two," Mom told him, with a stern glance at Mel. Melanie just smiled innocently as if she had done nothing wrong.
After dinner I went up to my room to practice playing my guitar. About ten minutes later I heard Mom calling me. "Dani! There's someone at the door! She wants to talk to you!"
I set down my guitar and descended the ladder. When I got to the living room I saw my mom talking to someone.
It was Mandy.

CHAPTER 3

When I walked up to them, Mom turned to me. "How come you never introduced me to your friend?" she asked.
"Remember that person I told you I met earlier?" I replied. "Well, that's her."
"Oh, I see," Mom said. "I'll let you two talk then."
"Okay, see ya." I turned to look at Mandy. "My room's this way," I told her.
Once we were in my room, I asked Mandy a question that had been bothering me since I first saw her talking to my mom in the living room. "Why are you here?"
"I told you I would need to talk to you again."
"No, you asked where you could find me."
"Well, I figured you would've realized that meant I would need to talk to you again," Mandy said defensively.
"I did! I just didn't think you'd show up at my house this soon!"
"Anyway, that's not the point," Mandy said. "The point is what I need to talk to you about."
"Which is...?"
"That Jack. He's not gonna like that you could beat his little mind tricks and he's probably going to come after you now."
"Woah, back up," I said. "Mind tricks? What mind tricks?"
"He had the power to control other people's minds. It comes with telepathy."
"So that little tug I felt when he told me to go away was him trying to control my mind?"
"Yes. And because you weren't affected by it, he's gonna come after you next."
"Why? He can already teleport. Why would he come after me?"
"He wouldn't come to take your power," Mandy said gravely. "He would come to kill you. If your mind is strong enough to not be affected by mind control, then you're obviously smart enough to track him down."
"Why on earth would I do that?" I asked.
"To give every supernatural who's come into contact with him their powers back. The ones who survived without them anyway."
"What do you mean, the ones who survived without them?"
"A lot of supernaturals live dangerous places so they don't have to deal with other people."
"Dangerous places? Like where?" I wondered what place could possibly be so dangerous that someone could die because they had powers when they first came there then lost their powers.
"Places like the Amazon and Antartica, for starters."
"Okay, I can understand dying in the Amazon, because there's dangerous animals there. But Antartica?"
"I've seen people who have control over fire and heat who live there wearing shorts. Do you see how the Antartic could be dangerous if you don't have powers now?"
"Okay, you're right."
"Either way, you still need to be on guard."
I was just about to reply when I heard my mom yell that there was someone at the door looking for me. "Stay here," I told Mandy.
I went to see who was at the door, and was surprised to see Josh standing there. I decided it was safe to let him see Mandy.
I pulled down the ladder and climbed up, Josh right behind me. As soon as we got all the way up, I turned to tell Josh about Mandy, and stopped dead. Josh was lying unconcious on the floor, with Mandy standing near him with a pole from my bed clasped in her hands.
Even worse, Josh was bleeding.
From his head.

Last edited by Hahaha818 on 4/5/2010, 4:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Hahaha818
Hahaha818
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 412

Back to top Go down

The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished] Empty Re: The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished]

Post by Nightowl 3/26/2010, 4:01 pm

That's awesome. Very Happy Very good job!
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished] Empty Re: The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished]

Post by shadowsowner888 3/26/2010, 5:26 pm

Oooh, this is cool. x3 I can't wait to read more!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished] 1312The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished] 2412The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished] 3349The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished] 3548The Life And Times Of A Teenage Teleporter [chapter three added, still unfinished] 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hahaha818 3/27/2010, 4:56 pm

Thanks! I'll probably write more on Monday.
Hahaha818
Hahaha818
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 412

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down