The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished]

4 posters

Go down

In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished] Empty In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished]

Post by Puckspaw 3/22/2010, 7:03 pm

Like most of my stories, I have no idea where I'm going with this. So yeah.

Dear reader,
Welcome to my story. My life story. My very short, not-so-happy-ending life story. I will tell you one thing now, before you read any further. I die. Yes, you heard me right. Die. As in dead. As in no longer apart of this universe except for the memories that few people will have of me. So if my ceasing to breathe by the end of this thing will be bothersome to you, I suggest you stop reading now and go back to reading happy things about ponies, unicorns, and rainbows. Or whatever it is you read. If, however it won't bother you, well, that might just make me sad. But, by all means, continue reading.
There are some things you should probably know about me, but I won't tell you all of them yet. I will however tell you one thing about me: I really was not happy with my parents. They mercilessly dragged me half way across the country. Away from my friends, my school, my life. Everything that mattered to me was back in Colorado. I hated thinking that I had to start a whole new life. I really did not like my parents right now. (None of that was exactly important to know, but I felt I should put it out there.)
Anyway, needless to say I wasn't exactly thrilled to walk into a new school full of new people. In fact, it kind of sucked. One thing was for darn sure: I was not, was not happy about this. And I certainly wasn't going to pretend to be.
My first class was in twenty minutes and I was under a tree. I sucked in deep breaths of crisp, november air, waiting for the dreaded bell to signal the end of my life. (Not literally, of course. I don't die for a while.)
Oh, and something else I should probably tell you: My name is Shyloh Neighbors. And did I mention I really, really did not like my parents?

When the bell rang-all too soon-I groaned loudly and several people turned to look at me. Ignoring the stares, I made my way to the office.
"May I help you?" The secretary asked me sweetly.
"I doubt it." I muttered to myself. When she gave me a questioning look I said, "I'm new. My name is Shyloh Neighbors."
"Ah, yes, Miss Neighbors. I have your schedule right here." She fished in her desk for a minute. "Here it is." She said holding it up. She handed it to me then said, "Your first class is English with Mr. Gomez. Room 125, right down the hall on the left." I guess she saw the look on my face because next she said, "I know starting a new school can be hard, but look on the bright side: At least you can find your first class easily." She smiled at me as if she had just given me the best news of the day.
"That's supposed to make my day brighter?" I said. I felt a little bad when I saw the smile quickly drop from her face. Just because my life sucked didn't mean I had to make everyone else's suck too. But then again I also wasn't in an apologizing mood either, so I just walked out of the room silently.
When I got to Mr. Gomez's class, he had already started teaching. I opened the door in the back of the classroom as quietly as humanly possible, then, after congratulating myself on my stelthy entrance, gracefully tripped over the leg of a blonde girl's desk. When I pushed myself up off of the floor, everyone in the whole dang class was staring at me. I waved at them and gave a little bow. A few people chuckled. Mr. Gomez was not one of them. He pointed at an empty seat in the second row and I was able to make my way to the front without falling on my face. At least he didn't entroduce me to the class.
Well, in the twenty minutes that I had been at this school I had managed to ruin someone's day, disrupt a class, and embarrass myself as much as possible. My day was off to a great start.

Last edited by Puckspaw on 3/24/2010, 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More added)
Puckspaw
Puckspaw
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 616

Back to top Go down

In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished] Empty Re: In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished]

Post by wolflover96 3/22/2010, 9:02 pm

Woah. Really good, Puck! Very Happy umm..maybe "My dreadful Life"
wolflover96
wolflover96
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished] Empty Re: In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished]

Post by shadowsowner888 3/22/2010, 9:51 pm

x3 I look forward to reading more. Nice job so far!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished] 1312In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished] 2412In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished] 3349In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished] 3548In need of title. (Suggestions welcome.) [More added, but still unfinished] 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordor 3/23/2010, 1:58 pm

Good start! I'd like to read some more c:
How about: "Remember to Breathe" for a title?
I also like what Wolf suggested.
Mordor
Mordor
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2069

Back to top Go down

Post by Puckspaw 3/23/2010, 3:45 pm

Thanks guys! I like both title suggestions nod
Puckspaw
Puckspaw
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down