The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much)

5 posters

Go down

Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) Empty Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much)

Post by warriorcatlover 5/2/2010, 6:52 pm

Vwyn: The Boy Across the River

I: ADERYN
In a place that cannot be marked by a map, nor any boundaries at all really, resided a settlement, or a village if you will, once called Glæd. Quite an odd name for someplace that could not even come close to matching its description. A dark, twisting cloud often loomed over it, and life was always pretty glum. The highlight of anyone's day was most likely mumbling a 'hello' to a passerby. It had been the same tedious routine for much too long. But of course, being proud, (although it never showed through) their habits remained unchanged.

No one in at least a century had questioned the everlasting storm that swirled above their heads. It never troubled anyone; sometimes it rained, sometimes it didn't, to them it was as simple as that.

Of course, it is only human to be curious. Curiosity naturally comes from innocence, and just a will to learn. And to many, when the word 'innocence' appears, a common relation is made with 'child' or 'children'. And a child is exactly what broke this streak of boredom and bleakness.

This young child had only ever heard one fairytale, one story ever in her entire life, and she only listened once. But it was certainly enough to free her imagination. Her eagerness made her twitch as she looked past the looming, yet plain buildings that aligned the straight path they called a street. Out of nowhere, she wanted to discover something, to find something so great, that it would change everyone. (For a child, as you can imagine, this is not an uncommon dream.)

The youth soon became frivolous and questioned everything around her: her siblings (she had seven), the color of her hair (a deep chestnut), the shadows in the alleyways (to which she passed by more and more often) and even why the dark cloud looming over Glæd existed, twisting and turning all their fates. Why?

At the edge of the village (which would be marked as a boundary if there were any), a large river twined and meandered with the hills and plains. It was a river of much complexity, for no one saw it in the same manner or in the same way, for whatever reason. To one, it would be all black, like a thin tar, and to another, a sparkling white, as though snow danced through it.

Beyond the river lay some lands which no one of Glæd wished to venture out into. From time to time, as they were going about their boring lives, they would glare at the forest, so full of life and yet so silent from the other side of the river.

The child whom we mentioned earlier was called Aderyn-'bird'. She found pleasure in thinking of her name, but not in it being called. Especially for dinner. Lonely and bored to tears, for her day and dreams had ended, she sat with her chin in her palms, staring blankly at the home that rested across from hers.

Same, equally bright (which was rather dull) lights, similar shapes that formed at the windows. Aderyn sighed, and her anxiousness only grew. None of her siblings understood her sense of imagination, or imagination at all. Her eldest brother (she was the youngest, not to mention) came from the house and poked his head around the door. "We are waiting, Aderyn. We are waiting." That was what he always said. Then, normally, she'd respond, "Alright." and follow close behind him to the wobbly wooden chair at the crowded table.

A light shone in her eyes now. She wanted to prove her desire to be different, and she would hesitate no longer. "Eat without me." she responded. Her brother repeated, with a little more fury in his voice, what he had said.

"You are not deaf. Go on without me." she said again. But her brother would not stand for that. Behind him, the door slammed and vibrated. Now the fury had reached his eyes. With a massive hand, he reached for her, swearing and cursing. But being as light and nimble as she was, she easily dodged his hand, abruptly overcome with fear.

Looking back only once more, she fled, down the street and past all the monstrous silhouettes of the houses in the night. Her brother's shouts came after, yet her brother did not follow. All her energy was focused into running away as far as possible and wondering what her brother planned to do if she returned. So I may as well not go back at all. she thought decisively.

As she ran, she kicked off her boots (for they were marvelously heavy, especially for a girl her age). She had absolutely no idea where she was headed, nor did she care much at this point. She had broken a common tradition, and certainly they would have her head for that (or so she thought.)

After much time sprinting (for this was quite a long road, mind you) and much tripping over her own feet, Aderyn did not even realize she had come upon the base of the river (which she almost tripped into as well.) Surprise, fear and many other emotions filled in her emerald eyes, and made them grow thrice their normal size.

In her mind, the river reflected the night sky (although none could be seen through the cloud), with the dancing golden stars, forming together and painting pictures and illusions all over the midnight blue canvas. If she could, she would have remained in awe, ogling it until the end of time. And she almost would have, if the river had not reflected something else for her.

II: VWYN
It was the shape of another human being, still a boy by appearance, although he seemed a few years her elder. He wasn't staring at her, or anything. He stood in the exact same position as she, without the tension or wonder.

When she looked up and gasped at him, he looked up too, quite blankly. Clad in all black, a cloak with a lowered hood and black boots, he looked quite grim. Before she could get a better look at him, though, he turned on his heels and vanished into the forest.

"Wait!" she called after him, not even caring that her dress was getting wet as she leaped in and waded across. It seemed like hours for her to cross, as if the weight of a thousand boulders had been place on her shoulders and more were being added to the load. The energy was slowly draining from her, and she began to feel very cold, as though her blood and soul were being drawn from her veins.

By the time she was halfway, she felt very frail and fragile. Now she questioned if she was every going to be able to cross the river, whether this was truly what the river was like, or the boy had put some sort of spell upon it. Her curiosity alone was what allowed her to move on.

Oddly, as she got closer to the opposite side, she felt stronger, gaining back the strength and will she had lost only moments ago. When she reached the river bank, she tripped and fell to her knees, scraping her hands with what seemed to be rocks. Her feet still felt as though they were encased in an iceberg, but she leaped to her feet once more and ran to where the boy had disappeared.

Thoughts pounded at her head and pried open her heart. Aderyn swerved and ducked, through the all the undergrowth and trees, who reached their clinging fingers her way. They hadn't seen something so fair and young for the longest time. Their calls and whispers rang in her ears. 'Come here, dear child' 'Yes, don't be shy now' 'Don't run away from us'. None of their pleas made her feel any more comfortable (in fact, it only heightened her fears).

Now she ran much faster, her feet heavily pounding on the ground as those eerie voices rose, and kept rising, and kept rising, greater and greater, even past the point where it was almost impossible to be any louder.

Then it all stopped, it when silent, not even the slightest breeze could be heard. Everything had gone dead with tranquility. In the small clearing she had come upon was the boy. He was crouched down, back faced towards her, resembling a beast, still wearing his cloak and boots. He seemed to be in a trance, deep in thought. She didn't dare approach him with any will.

Without warning, he turned on her, looking more frightening than ever. Gradually and slowly, he crawled towards her, still in a crouching position. The face that belonged to him was deathly pale (looking quite like parchment, Aderyn could recall) with thin lips and messy black hair that didn't reach his shoulders. His countenance was blank, but his eyes were wide. One eye gleamed like the forest itself, a sort of mysterious green, and the other resembled an abyssal sea. He looked like a madman.

Immediately she was frightened; not of the fact that his eyes were full of anger, hatred, madness, or anything of the sort. Much rather the opposite: his eyes reflected no emotion at all.

His approach did not end until his face was only inches from hers. He remained the same as he had been, silent, but not deathly still as well. Slightly trembling, she leaned backwards when he raised to an erect stance. His hands were fumbling in his pockets, as though there were some little trinket hidden in his cloak.

He looked at her curiously, if one could call it curiosity. "Why?" he spoke finally. The voice sent several shivers down her spine, it was almost like a harsh whisper, as though it were part of some stormy winds.

"W-w-wh-why what?" Aderyn's voice quivered, but she retorted as fearless as she could otherwise.

"Why do you follow?" he said, stepping one step closer to her, as though he were purposely attempting to frighten her. She felt her foot twist into the crook of a root. "Why cross the river?"

Warily, she opened her mouth to answer, but her mind drew blank now. Why had she crossed the river? Why had she followed this boy? Now she thought she was going crazy, staring into a pair of wild eyes.

She tore her gaze and looked away, all memory flooded back through her veins, through her heart, to her mind. Confusion overwhelmed her for a moment, before she let it leave unnoticed. "I...I just wanted to know who you were. You're not from the village. At least... I've never seen you before."

He straightened and a more serious veil covered him. Although he didn't seem to be thinking or hesitating at all with an explanation, there was a foreboding silence. "I come from there. And most people do not discover or rediscover things they truly look for." He let himself spin around, facing his back towards her, as if he were trying to hide something that his eyes would surely give away.

The confusion that twisted and twined with her mind was tightening its grip for sure. The matter of trust appeared in front of her eyes, although she was sure no one else could see it. She didn't know who he was, but at the same time, she felt as though she knew him her entire life. Something had been mentioned, that he was from the village. The sudden temptation to question him bit into her back.

"Then why are you here?" her voice seemed high and innocent.

A grave air rose between the two of them. Her beliefs on its visibility to her were that it only existed in her mind. Her heart rose in her throat to think she was seeing things that others were not.

"Why do you take so much interest in me?" he replied coldly, although there was a bit of a snap to his tone.

This was her chance to take up her bold pride and reveal it to the world, luminous and great. She stood as straight as royalty, with her hands in fists, one placed above her heart, and the other loyally at her side. She lifted her chin, as though it would make her even higher. "Because I am who I am. And I, Aderyn, am an explorer, a ranger, seeking to find what is questioned, unknown," she opened one eye to look at him. "The mysteries that us existing for some reason are forbidden to know. I am... different!"

Despite her proud tone and stance, he was unmoved, or at least if he was, he uncovered no signs of it. He just stared at her, like she was merely another unwelcome guest. Somehow, his oceanic eye seemed to lose more light, attempting to fall back from whatever aura this girl reflected, until only enough light to let it live remained. "Leave."

Erupting from her heart came anger and anxiety. Surely, he couldn't just say something so simple as that. "Why?!" she demanded of him. "What makes you want to be alone in this great place? Don't you want a friend, an accomplice? Something else in your presence besides the bleak air and sunlight!?" Great feelings of self impression came upon her-who knew she was such a good speaker as well?

If one could see any part of this boy's mind, one could certainly conclude he had deemed it best to remain silent.

Furiously, Aderyn stamped her foot on the leaf-concealed ground. "Fine!" she stormed out of the forest. "I'll leave you to this god-forsaken place!"

Last edited by warriorcatlover on 6/22/2010, 7:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
warriorcatlover
warriorcatlover
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2472

Back to top Go down

Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) Empty Re: Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much)

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 5/2/2010, 7:04 pm

I. Like. Surprised Very Happy
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) Siggy Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) Siggy Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) Siggy Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) Siggy
Female Posts : 5932

http://role-playemp.roflforum.net/forum.htm - Mine http://role-p

Back to top Go down

Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) Empty Re: Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much)

Post by Malicious Nightmares 5/3/2010, 3:34 pm

cheesy Epic! :33

One question/comment- MILD BLOOD? Since when does The Great WCL, second prime evil of Twig write anything with MILD blood? Shouldn't it be HIGH blood, or EXTREMEEXTREMEEXTREME blood? .,.
-nod-
[Yes, you have now been lowered to SECOND prime evil, as you know. Yet, together, we are Twig's Prime Evils! cheesy Kinda like Mephisto, Diablo and Baal. The THREE prime evils. But Twig only has TWO prime evils. nod Three, if you want to put me in twice. XD]
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 5/3/2010, 3:38 pm

warriorcatlover wrote:Clad in all black, a cloak with a lowered hood and black boots, he looked quite grim.

ANOTHER infamous cloaked figure of yours?! O,o
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/3/2010, 9:42 pm

Oooh yay, so you did keep writing this! :3 Amazing job.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) 1312Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) 2412Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) 3349Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) 3548Vwyn: The Boy Across the River (Unfinished, More Added although not that much) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/3/2010, 10:27 pm

Looooooove it. cheesy I love your writing style, and like Mia said, EPIC.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by warriorcatlover 5/7/2010, 9:04 pm

Thanks everyone!! I'm going to keep writing, but everything is so stressful lately, so progress may be slow. Thanks again!!

*laughs* Oh, Mia, you know me too well. *Evil grin with knife behind back*
warriorcatlover
warriorcatlover
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2472

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 5/7/2010, 9:33 pm

*knife falls out of sleeve* O_o Er.. nonononono! I was NOT planning on killing you!
Just a mere cut, or two.. sinister
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down