The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While

+7
The Mad Hatter
Jinx
PugsRock
LOLXD
shadowsowner888
Arianna
Jade
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While Empty Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While

Post by Jade 8/5/2009, 6:51 pm

Maturity: very, very mild violence/ suspense and maybe a kissing scene or two, nothing much.
Fantasy: "Magical" powers, and possibly later on magical creatures

Power: A Story by Jade

Part 1
Kay walked up her street, flanked by her two best friends, Lila and Beth. The three girls pratted about the latest gossip around their school and trends Teen Vogue had listed for this month.
"Well, boyfriend jeans are so starting to be 'in' again! I can't wait, skinny jeans make me look fat," Kay said, drinking a bottle of water. Then she waited for her friends to disagree.

"You could never look fat, Kay! You're sooo tall and skinny and pretty, you're going to be a model some day," Beth gushed. Kay was like the alpha of the group, Beth and Lila were constantly trying to out do each other in order to win, Kay's approval. That's what mattered most though in their all girl's elite boarding school. Everyone wanted to be just like Kay and her friends- they were the "popular", "it", girls even if everyone seemed to hate them out of jealousy.

"Whateves," Kay yawned, pretending not to care either way what Beth thought- rule 1 to being an alpha, never care what anyone thinks. "Oh look! There's, Josh," Kay felt her heart fluttering as she looked across the street at her adorable boy, crush/ friend. They were going to be together some day too, Josh just didn't know it yet. He was one of the engligh teacher's son's and therefore was the only boy to live on campus and was every girl's crush.

Josh and Kay were "friends" but she wanted to be something more so bad. "Josh!" Kay called trying to make herself look as attractive as possible.

"Oh, hi Kay!" He called. "Come over here," he shyly said. He was too cute to be true, Kay thought.

"Ok," she said to him. "Come on girls," Kay linked arms with her best friend and focused on looking confident. If she hadn't been so focused on Josh she might have seen the bus coming, at an alarmingly fast speed but because she was she didn't see it until Beth and Lila had ran off and the last word's Kay could here were her friends shouting "Kay, look out!" But it was too late, Kay fell to the ground and felt the bus start to run over her.

Chapter 2:

Am I still alive? Kay thought. Yes and no. Yes she was still here cause she could here a ton of people screaming, "stop stop!!". And no because the truck was running over her but she couldn't feel it. Kay wondered how bad she looked. Then she stood up raising the bus with her pinky finger before setting it down a few inches in front of her. I repeat; Then she stood up raising the bus with her pinky finger before setting it down a few inches in front of her. The gathered crowd was hushed and Kay, snapping out of her small faze realized something was very very wrong here.

Chapter 3:

People stared in disbelief, then they started running, dialing a three digit number in their cell phones which could be nothing other than 911. Kay panicked, this was the worst attention she could have ever dreamed of!! Then she remembered Josh, he stood staring at her, dumbfounded like the small remained of the gathered people. Then he began to run "Wait, Josh!" She called but this just made the athletic boy run faster.

Crushed she stared sheepishly at Beth and Lila who were texting. 'Help' she mouthed, they just laughed. "God, Kay! Your sooo done! We've been waiting for this day forever. The day you would be gossip." Then they laughed and walked away leaving Kay in their dust.

Chapter 4:

Kay ran. She ran as fast as she possibly could to get away from everything. From her thoughts, from her mocking friends, the crowds, the police sirens that were getting louder and louder. And most of all from Josh,Josh that had run away from her too. She had never liked a guy as much as she had liked him. She had never been a very fast runner and the fact she was wearing stiletto heels wasn't helping. She kicked off her expensive jimmy choo shoe's looking back at the longingly as people gave her funny looks and she heard one teenage girl with streaky high lights and wallmart clothes exclaim "Mom, OMG, Jimmy Choo shoes, these probably cost like 2,000! And I get them for free.

Kay gritted her teeth and kept running. "Wahhhhh" The police sirens cried getting closer and closer. Desprate, Kay got down on here knees and crawled through a dusty, charred building so she could be alone. The building smelled like smoke and made the seat off her express jeans black and sooty but at least she could think. Without all the stares.

How had she done it? She had lifted a bus off the ground lifting only one finger! She hadn't even had to think about it really- it was like she was in a trance, a whole 'nother world where she could do anything. This stuff just didn't happen though. She would be made into a freak show if she went back to school, the video Beth had obviously took would be posted on youtube in no time. Her parent's were dead and her Grandma's money that she had left Kay in her will was almost exhuasted due to her lavish shopping, she had been at the boarding school (secretly) on a scholarship. And kay would have to wait almost 5 years before her mom and dad's fortune would be hers. What was she going to do?

Part 2
Chapter 5

"What are you doing in here?" A girl coughed as she crawled into the small space.
Kay attempted into scream but the girl boredly covered Kay's mouth. "What's the idea? Who the heck are you!?" Kay spat inching away from the new comer trying to find out a way to get out.

The girl was about Kay's age, but she obviously didn't care about her appearance. She was matted, greasy and sooty to say the least.

The girl laughed. "The question is what are you doing in here, this place is magic you know! In point 6 second we'll be on our way to Beyond," once again the girl laughed.

"You're just crazy!" Kay said her heart beating fast as she realized the ground began to shift and suddenly she felt forces pulling and she disappeared under the ground.
Chapter 6:
"Ohmigod!! Stop, stop!!" Kay screaming but she felt herself getting swallowed up into the Earth.
"Too late for that, Princess!" The strange girl cackled as Kay felt all her senses fade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kay opened her eyes slowly. 'What was all the light? Where was she? What had happened?!' She snapped up and screamed. She was in a meadow. It was sunny and their was vegetation everywhere. The air was very quit and warm.

"Finally, you were out for a while!!" A voice chuckled.

Kay whipped around to face the girl. "Not you again!" She shrilled. "Take me back i demand it!!"

"Couldn't even if I wanted to." The girl leaned back on a tree and closed her eyes,a hint of a smile on her chubby features.

Kay felt out of controll for like the 10th time that day. "Who are you anyway, where am I?! Why am I here!?" She begged.

"I'm Lumina, I'm like you, magical." She answered slowly. "You're in Beyond. A place for people like us, so our secrets aren't exposed to humans, you kinda blew it on that account so I was sent to come get you."

"Wait a sec, I'm not like you, you freak!! I'm not 'magical' and I highly doubt you are either." Kay sniffed.

"Dude, you lifted a car with a single finger," Lumina burst out laughing. Kay crossed her arms over he chest, as it hit her, the freak was right.

"First of all I'm not a 'dude' and second how long do I have to stay here?" Kay asked.

"First of all, whatever, second of all forever!" Lumina rolled her eyes like it was obvious but kay stopped breathing! What kind of nightmare was this?

Chapter 7:

"No, no." Kay breathed. She closed her eyes hoping it would all go away and when she opened them that she would be in her room [that just happened to be the biggest and most expensive room at the New York City Boarding School]. Lila and Beth would confirm that Kay's fears of being "magical" or as she thought of it "loser- like" were totally un-true and most of all that Josh would still think that she was semi cool. If he ever had. But when she opened them, the peaceful, beautiful land was still there.

"Yes, yes, actually," Lumina laughed reaching inside a filthy canvas bag before pulling out a glazed doughnut, stuffing it in her mouth and licked sugar off her dirty fingers.

"Ok, your starting to really to-"

"What is it Kay, got your designer panties in a twist?" Lumina laughed sending a spray of spit on Kay's new sweater.

Kay gritted her teeth and tried to sound calm, even though she was supposivly in a magical world with a grime covered lunatic. "No. First of all how do you know my name and could you please Just cut all the crap and tell me something- anything about here, and how I can get back to my home!" She spat crossing her arms and clicking her back up Steve Madden shoes together- waiting for Lumina to answer.

"Aww, what is the Princess Angry?" Lumina said dryly reaching for a whole chocolate frosted cake from the small bag, Kay's eyes widened. "Can you 'cut the crap' with all your questions? I've been here since I was 11, now I'm..." Lumina stopped counting and with started counting her chocolate covered fingers, "I'm 213 this year!" She appeared genuinely pleased. "All I know is that I was sent to come get you, by my father the king of this 'land'. It's quite amazing really, magic almost never runs in the family! Back in 1800 it was printed in the newspapers that we'd gotten killed in a horse accident, can you believe it? When really someone who had my powers, being able to transport and spy into th human world had discovered my father and I's secret."

"What!?" Kay send shocked, not quite believing anything. "You can transport to the human world?"

"Yep and spy into it, just on the people that have powers that is, like yours! There's only one for every ''generation' of magic people of the M.I.P. as we like to call ourselves" Lumina started proudly- now finnishing up a chicken leg and some salty green beans.

"You can't be over 200 though," Kay reasoned in a daze, "You look still like your 11!"

"Err, did I forget to tell you? Once you step inside the magic world, you never age. You can live forever or at least until-" Lumina cut off looking a little sheepish. "Unless you attempt to do what I do, transport to the other world. Basicly, you die once you step back into the human world. Believe me Kay, your never going back."

Chapter 8:

"I have to!! No, no way." Kay started to cry, she couldn't help it. Even though it went against all her personal rules (no showing weakness, no panicking, no making a fool of yourself in public ect.) it was too much. This kind of stuff just didn't happen.

"Whoa," Lumina said between a bite of chocolate glazed doughnuts. "Have one of these," she stuffed a doughnut in Kay's lip gloss deprived mouth. Then she stood up and dusted the array of crumbs off her muddy overalls

"Repulsive!" Kay spat out the fatty pastery, no doubt full of stuff that would make Kay loose her carefully toned stomach. "Where are you going?" Kay asked spitting out wads of the doughnut onto the ground.

"To show you, where you'll be staying." Lumina said like 'duh'. She seemed to know exactly where she was going.

Kay however- had no idea. It seemed in this universe anything was possible.

Chapter 9:

They walked and walked and walked. Kay could feel the blisters on her feet forming, but Lumina didn't seem to mind. In fact, now that Kay thought about it, she didn't know if Lumina was even paying attention, she seemed to be chanting a rhyme.

"Kings Castle, Golden Walls,
Don't let Kay take a fall.
For if she Lapses with her manners
The King's men with pound her with their Royal Hammers!"

Lumina chanted the rhyme over and over again, as they walked through the seemingly deserted landscape.

Kay froze in disgust at the childish chant, the words didn't even make sense! It seemed as if Lumina was just placing any word that rhymed with another into it. "Lumina, what is that repulsive song your singing?" She stuttered finally.

Lumina opened her large brown eyes slightly wider. "It's a protection for you," She muttered, there was obviously more to the story.

"Why do I need protection from your dad?"

"Let's just say, he didn't want to come to his palace for a party," Lumina said, her eyes large with fright, Kay had never seen before.

Last edited by Jade on 11/11/2009, 2:10 pm; edited 14 times in total
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While Empty Re: Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While

Post by Jade 8/6/2009, 12:23 pm

Anyone *sigh* Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While Empty Re: Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While

Post by Arianna 8/6/2009, 12:25 pm

Wow, that's really good! I hope she'll be okay! Sad
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/6/2009, 12:27 pm

Thanks I'll write more in a sec. Very Happy
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/6/2009, 1:17 pm

Awesome! I can't wait!
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/6/2009, 4:56 pm

Whooooa. Surprised That's shocking! I hope she's all right. Write more soon!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While 1312Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While 2412Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While 3349Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While 3548Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LOLXD 8/7/2009, 12:21 pm

*Edit*

Please don't insult other people's stories. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!

Thanks, Dream =]
LOLXD
LOLXD
Inspired Novice
Inspired Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/7/2009, 12:29 pm

Thanks everyone!!

That's not very nice LOLXD Sad
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 8/7/2009, 12:52 pm

Good job! Smile I hope you keep writing.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/7/2009, 1:06 pm

Thanks, Pugs Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/7/2009, 1:12 pm

Oooh, I like the new chapter.
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 8/7/2009, 2:53 pm

Ooooooh...
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/7/2009, 3:05 pm

Thanks Mea and Arianna Very Happy
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 8/7/2009, 3:35 pm

That wasn't very nice, LOLXD. Sad
I personally think this story has lots of potential. nod
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Power: A Story by Jade Chapter 9 Added! First New Chapter in a While Siggy
Female Posts : 9056

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/7/2009, 3:45 pm

Thanks WL Very Happy
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/7/2009, 4:34 pm

Lol, I was just reading in a fashion magazine today about how boyfriend jeans were coming back in style.

I really like this! I like the idea of popular girls becoming unpopular... Very Happy
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/7/2009, 8:37 pm

That's funny Mo, Fashion magazines are all over the place, it seems like everything is featured in at least one of them xD

Yeah, same here Twisted Evil
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/7/2009, 9:00 pm

And... What's wrong with Girls? xD
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/7/2009, 9:03 pm

Nice new chapter, Jade! I wonder what she's going to do?
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/7/2009, 9:06 pm

So do I xD
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 8/7/2009, 9:06 pm

Good job, again! xD
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/7/2009, 9:14 pm

Thanks... Again!! Smile
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.SasukeUchiha 8/7/2009, 11:01 pm

Wow, I like this!
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Mrs.SasukeUchiha
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 23705

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 8/7/2009, 11:47 pm

I'm glad, Saku chan!
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/8/2009, 2:17 am

Wow, it's really exiting! We want more xD!
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next