The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished)

+3
iGrievous
shadowsowner888
Akeria
7 posters

Go down

King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished) Empty King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished)

Post by Akeria 6/26/2009, 9:44 pm

This is the story of King and Tiger, my house cats. Of course, the events are mainly real, but the point of view is fictitious. No cat can think and talk, anyway, I have a story. See, as I was typing this out, King came and stood on the keyboard of my laptop, and somehow managed to erase everything I wrote and close the internet. Thanks, King. He's actually trying right now too. He's adorable, but persistent. Anyway, this is a real story, and it's kind of in the making, so just read as you go. Smile

Chapter 1: Tiger
Those first eight years were the best of my life; lots of love in my big family. Especially Tommy. He was of course like the alpha male of the family. I did whatever I could to get close to him to be his best friend. He was always petting me, though most of the time... it kind of was almost a shove. He was trying, and he loved me, I could tell.

Siobhan loved me even more. I knew that. She was usually the one who fed me, except when she was running late on school mornings. She pet me all the time, and she loved me for who I was, bones, fur, and fat. She loved brushing me, and fawning over me. I could hear her talking about me all the time, and on the inside, I really appreciated it.

Of course, Jane was the primary caregiver. She was always sticking up for me. "Oh, he's not fat." She'd tell Siobhan. "He's just a little chubby." or "Just a little larger than usual." She loved me. Not only that, but she was constantly trying to make me even chubbier. "Feed the cat." She'd say, at least once a day. And Siobhan obeyed.

Then there were those two little boys, Noah and Jake. Rowdy, always causing trouble, and full of odd ideas about how to chase me up the stairs, or how they would poke fun of me while I was hiding from those dreadful thunderstorms. God, I hated those. The enormous flashes of light, followed by that dreadful loud noise. Ugh.

But even though there were a few moments of turmoil, like when people shook plastic bags, or when my food bowl was empty, or when there wasn't enough sun, I was happy. I was happy, until King.

Chapter 2: King
That car ride was brutal. Who were these people? Where on earth were they taking me? A trillion questions rushed through my tiny brain. I felt the arms of the girl who was holding me. Her hair was long, and very curly. Her brown eyes were warm, and inviting. I was wrapped in a dark blue towel, on the lap of this girl. Her hands stroked my fur, and she kept mumbling; "Sssssssssssssh. It's okay. It's okay." Of course, I didn't really feel like doing too much, I was in quite a bit of pain. There were worms in my insides, I could feel them moving around. They hurt. Parasitic was the word as I found out later. And my skin! Oh it was itchy, little bugs, fleas I guess they were called, moved all around. And the tiny ones in my ears. Mites. Yuck. Stupid bugs. They didn't taste too good either. Especially the fleas. Not that I could get to the mites. They were unaccessable.

"Will he be okay, Mom?" The girl asked. Her stomach moved up and down with even little breaths. It was very soothing. I fell asleep, but not before I heard one last thing, from the person who was driving.

"I hope so, Siobhan. I hope so."

I woke up, alert. I was in a different place, though in the same arms. "This is King." The girl said. She handed me to a nurse, who started feeling all over my fur, looking to see what was wrong. I could have told her. She let Siobhan have one last look at me, and then rushed me to the back.

The walls were lined with cages. Big ones, small ones. Two rooms, full. The first room, the one on the right, had dogs in it. Loud, barking maniacs. The second room, on the left, had cats. Just like me. Fat cats, skinny cats. Cats that looked really sick, and cats who looked like they were just there to sleep. The nurse stuffed me in a cage in the middle. There were two cats in the cage to my left, and one in the cage to my right. I paced around for a while, pawing at the front of the cage, wanting to get out.

"Hey, you." The cat next to me said. He was laying in the back of his cage, his head against the back wall. His fur was gorgeous; white and brown with beautiful markings all up and down his back. And skinny! He had to be at least ten pounds underweight.

"Your new here aren't you?" The cat asked. "What's your name?"

"Uh... King?" I answered. The cat chuckled.

"King... huh. Okay." The cat said. "I'm Brock. What are you here for?"

"I have fleas." I told him, scratching at my back. "You?"

"I'm here to get fixed." He told me. "Just wait, you will too." He smiled and closed his eyes.

"Don't scare him, Brock." Two cats said in unison. The first was white, with dark, blue eyes. She was normal looking, and very beautiful. The one standing next to her was the same size, just different in color. She was black, with dark green eyes, and she was just as beautiful as the other. "Just because he's new here."

Brock chuckled again, and went to sleep. The twins turned to King. "Hello." They chanted together. The black one strode forward, pacing next to my cage. "He looks okay, sister." She said. "I'm Onyx. This is my sister, Diamond." The white one nodded in agreement.

"We're here because we have fleas too." They sang. The two sat down, sort of intertwined, looking like a Yin-Yang. Weirdo cats.

"Oh." I told them. I sat down and looked around. Dozens of cats, some asleep, and of various colors were dotting the cages. I fell asleep, sort of afraid, but knowing that it was better than where I was before.

Last edited by Akeria on 6/29/2009, 2:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished) Empty Re: King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished)

Post by shadowsowner888 6/26/2009, 9:47 pm

Awesome so far! Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished) 1312King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished) 2412King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished) 3349King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished) 3548King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished) Empty Re: King and Tiger (Chapter 2: King; Finished)

Post by Akeria 6/27/2009, 7:41 am

Thank you. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/27/2009, 7:46 am

Eww! Worms in his inside? Bleah! Good story.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/29/2009, 2:25 pm

Thanks. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 6/29/2009, 2:29 pm

Awesomeness. =D
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/29/2009, 2:33 pm

Thank you guys. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 6/29/2009, 2:38 pm

Welcomez.

I was tihnking of doing a story like this, since I have five cats. Smile
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/29/2009, 3:49 pm

Ooooh. I wish. I just got my second on Thursday. He's adorable. Sleeping on my lap right now, actually.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 6/30/2009, 9:23 am

Awz. xD

I luff kitties.
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 6/30/2009, 9:24 am

I want kitties...
But i can't have them cause my dads allergic
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat24 6/30/2009, 9:30 am

Poor Mea. =(
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/30/2009, 9:36 am

I hate fluffy cats! I like sleek furred cats. afro
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 6/30/2009, 5:43 pm

That's what my cat's are. I'm actually going to post a thread with some of my photography, and I'm positive that it will contain at least one picture of each cat. Smile

And thank you, everyone. I'm sorry, Mea... I wish you could have one.
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 7/14/2009, 2:06 pm

I like it! Cats are awesome. =]
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/14/2009, 11:16 pm

Awesome! Is there gonna be more or is that it?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down