The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up!

+17
Lyssa45
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
lisa
krislia
Nightowl
DreamCatcher81
Akeria
Taquito
Doodles
shadowsowner888
iGrievous
Jade
PugsRock
SaddleClub
Jesus4Eternity
Arianna
twilighter3000
21 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! Empty Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up!

Post by twilighter3000 6/10/2009, 3:30 pm

I need some help with character names, here's the link to my thread for them:https://shadowsowner888.forumotion.net/sharing-time-f24/character-last-names-t36.htm#304

Romance: Kissing, slight physical contact between girls and guys.
Fantasy: None

Key:
Orange= Luke's perspective
Purple=Lizzie's perspective

Table of Contents
Character Pics: Page 21, post 4, 5, 6, and 7
Chapters 1+2: Page 1, post 1
Chapters 3+4: Page 1, post 10
Chapters 5: Page 7, post 9
Chapter 6: Page 19, post 9
Chapter 7+8: Page 20, post 8
Chapter 9: Page 26, post 4
Chapter 10: Page 28, post 6
Chapter 11: Page 36, post 5

Hallelujah

Pure Business

“Steph, what am I supposed to wear?” I groaned, looking hopelessly at the pile of clothes on my bed, discarded as definite no’s for tomorrow.
Why, why, why did I decide to wait until the night before to pick out the perfect outfit for my first day of 10th grade? It was my first day not being at the bottom of the food chain at school, and now I had nothing to wear! Thank goodness my BFF was also my personal style consultant, or I'd end up wearing sweats and a t-shirt for my first day of high school. I shivered at the idea of showing up to school like that.
“So, what do you think?” Steph asked, holding up a dark mustard-colored vintage jacket I’d recently gotten with a closed neckline that opened up as it went down my torso. "I was thinking you can wear it with that off-white t-shirt and dark blue mini-skirt?”
“Hmmm, maybe,” I said, “but what shoes what I wear with it?”
Steph rummaged through the clear box behind her that held some of my shoes, and twirled back to face me, hiding something behind her back.
“Guess who found the perfect shoes for you?” Steph said in a singsong voice.
“You did?” I said in a teasingly questioning voice.
She nodded, showing off her perfectly straight and white teeth again.
“How about these?” She said in a voice that intoned she already knew my answer.
She was holding a pair of ballet flats that were a cross between 1990’s and a pair of regular, modern shoes. They were off white with lace detailing all over, and were peep toes. You just couldn’t go wrong with peep toes, even if you’re wearing flats, I thought.
I grinned and hugged her as we danced around in exultation at finally finding the perfect outfit.
“Elizabeth, it’s time for Stephanie to go now!” My mom called from downstairs.
I wriggled out of Steph’s arms and glanced at the clock and sighed, it's only 7:30 and Steph has to leave. Mom's always so strict on bedtimes, I'm almost in the 10th grade, and I still had to be in bed at 9:30! Steph opened the door and a strong aroma of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies wafted in.
“Mmmm.” Steph said, turning back around to hug me, squealing, “see ya tomorrow… For our first day of high school!”
“Yep, I’ll see you bright and early in the front of the school, 7:35 sharp!”
I heard Steph call, “thanks Mrs. K!” To my mom, and I knew she had grabbed one of the warm, gooey cookies on the way out.

I heard the door close downstairs and I watched Steph hop into her dad’s red Porsche waiting in the street for her. I waved out the window, and with a big grin, Steph waved back. She may have been rich, but she refused to have a chauffeur pick her up, it had to be a family member. As soon as her car was out of sight, with her still waving out the back, I carefully lifted my guitar out of its stand. It was my electric guitar that I’d had since 6th grade, still beautiful to me no matter how worn and used it was. In it’s polished black surface I could see my reflection, and laughed at how different my appearance and my hobbies were. To everyone except my family and Steph, I appeared just as some girl who lived in vintage clothing stores. But to those who really knew me, they knew all about my passion for music, and how I practiced day and night. Slinging my beloved 1980’s styled guitar strap over my shoulder, I quickly tuned it. I knew I only had one hour to practice, another one of my mom’s ridiculous bedtime rules. Normally I’d play some when Steph was over, [she claimed I was better than anyone she’d seen in concert] but tonight was purely business---Working out the details of our first day as sophomores. Strumming up and down with my guitar pick, quickly tuned my strings, and took out my sheet music. One of my favorite classic rock songs was on top, You Give Love a Bad Name, by Bon Jovi. Dragging my amplifier, microphone, and microphone stand to the center of my room, I began playing, jumping right into the guitar riff at the beginning. I began singing an octave higher than the melody, listening to both my voice and the guitar through my speaker, making sure all the notes were correct. My instrumental was perfect, [if I do say so myself] but I admit, my voice could use a little work. It wasn’t horrible, but it wasn’t great. I sang along anyway, getting swept away into the music. Right at the big guitar solo, my mom called from downstairs, “honey, could you please keep it down up there, your father and I are trying to read!” I stopped and called down, “sorry mom!” But secretly wishing she would just learn to deal with my love for music. I’d only had my amp on 4, which wasn’t loud at all, and she still couldn’t handle it. I knew it wasn’t the noise that she didn’t like; it was the fact that I played the guitar. She didn’t think that music was a worthwhile career, and when I tried to convince her that it was just a hobby, she changed tactics, saying that if you weren’t going to do something with it, why learn? I turned down the amp a notch and practiced right up until 8:30, then dragged my speaker, microphone, and stand back into my closet.
After taking a quick shower I laid in bed for hours trying to go to sleep. I had the worst headache, and I was pretty sure it wasn’t because of my playing and singing. Thoughts were bouncing around in my head and echoing, plus my stomach was tied up in knots. I always did my best thinking before I went to bed, which, unfortunately, also meant I did my best worrying. I sat there thinking to myself that there were so many ways my first day could go wrong! What if I forgot my pants? Or I drop all my stuff right in the middle of the hallway? Or if I get lost on the way to my class! Or if I… With that incomplete thought I drifted off into a restless sleep, waking every few hours expecting to figure out I’d slept through the whole day.

You Think Bungee Jumping is Terrifying? Try Starting at a New School as a Sophomore. Now That’s Some Gut-Wrenching Terror For Ya.

I groaned as “We Will Rock You” started playing on the old boom box I had found in the attic. I listened to the steady clapping and drums that had made the song so famous before rolling over and hitting the button to turn it off. Staring at the ceiling as I lay in silence on my drum themed comforter, a thought hit me. I bolted up into a sitting position, my face suddenly hot. Today was the 4th of September; my first day of my sophomore year.
Yeah, most people tended to get a little nervous for their first day of school, but let me tell you, it was nothing compared to walking in as a new student. This was my 4th time moving since elementary school, but the nerves never got better.
I glanced again at the alarm clock, which now read 6:49. I had spent almost 10 minutes worrying in bed, which cut down my time to get ready. Crap, I thought as I threw my legs over the side of the bed. My bus came at 7:10, so that meant I had 20 minutes to eat breakfast, take a shower, and make sure I had everything I needed for my first day at _____ _______ High School.
I quietly opened my bedroom door as I tiptoed across the hallway to take a quick shower. Slowly opening the door so it wouldn’t creak, I shut it quickly behind me as I turned the light on.
My mom and little sister were still sleeping in the rooms on either side of mine, so I hoped they wouldn’t mind our shower turning on every morning at 6:40.
I winced as the water came thundering out of the shower head, hoping mom would forgive me for interrupting her beauty sleep. Grabbing a towel from underneath the sink, I undressed and stepped into the shower. Yow! It was cold. I turned the nozzle up, heaving a sigh of relief as the water slowly warmed up.
10 minutes later I was toweling my hair dry and wiping down the completely steamed up mirror. I had meant to only stay in long enough to quickly wash my hair and face, but the hot water was too tempting. After washing my face, I had just sit there letting the hot water run down my body, relaxing my tense muscles.
Thankfully I eventually remembered why I was up at 6:50 taking a shower, and quickly shut off the water. Now I scampered across the hallway and into my bedroom, shutting the door behind me. I grabbed a pair of jeans from my miniscule closet and one of my favorite shirts. I ran down the stairs, trying to not make too much noise, though my mom was probably already awake from the shower.
Pouring myself a bowl of Cheerios, I looked up at the clock glowing on the microwave. 7:01. Crap. I shoveled the cereal into my mouth, almost choking in the process. As soon as I was finished I slurped the rest of the milk from the bottom of my bowl and tossed it in the sink, grimacing as it made a clang. I grabbed my backpack from it’s position next to the front door, and ran out to the bus stop, hoping I hadn’t forgotten anything. I checked my watch and relaxed; I had made it. As I pawed through my backpack, trying to see if I had forgotten to pack a binder last night as I prepared, a girl with red hair and blue eyes so pale they almost looked gray walked up. I said hi, surprised, because I didn’t know we had a neighbor close to my age. She said hey back and I was surprised again, this time because off her accent, which was very obviously Australian.
The bus then came to a stop, it’s brakes squealing in protest. My breath became uneven as I started towards the bus. I took a deep breath as I walked up the steps, nearly tripping up them. And yes, it is possible to trip up stairs, I’ve done it before.
I headed towards the back of the bus, where it appeared most of the older kids were sitting. There were two open seats, one next to a girl with curly dark brown hair and a cool retro looking jacket, and one next to a Goth looking chick with so much makeup on her eyes it was a wonder she could see out of them. Do the math, I chose curly hair girl.
She looked up, and surprise flitted across her face as she saw me. Maybe she was expecting the Australian girl to sit next her, but whatever it was, a smile quickly overtook her face. She tucked her purple ipod into her bag and said, “Hi, I’m Lizzie Kollins. Are you new here?” She blushed then, ducking her head.
“Yeah, I just moved in here about a week ago. Oh, and I’m Luke Kolinski.”
“Oh, I used to know a guy named Luke, but then he moved to Maine.” Lizzie said. “Where are you from?”
“Montana. What year are you?” I asked, peering our the window to see how far we had until the high school.
“Sophomore. And in case you’re wondering, the school is just up this hill and down the street halfway.”
I blinked. How’d she know what I was thinking? I must have had it written all over my face again, which my mom said I did all the time.
I quickly recovered, saying, “Oh, I’m a sophomore too. I wonder if we’ll have any classes together?” I said conversationally. “It’d be nice to sort of know at least one person.” I murmured, ducking my head. The part I hated most about switching schools was making new friends. First you had to find someone you thought looked nice. Then you had to figure out if they were actually nice and if they’d let you hang out with them. Then you had to wait a couple of weeks or so to let them warm up to you and actually become friends. If you were lucky. If you weren’t, you could not be accepted at all, which sucked. Then of course, at the end of the year, your mom might decide she wanted to move again, and you’d have to start all over.
I was still thinking about that as the bus came to a squealing stop, everyone standing up to get off. I slowly stood up, stepping back to let Lizzie get off before me. Who knew, maybe she would be my first friend here.

Last edited by twilighter3000 on 3/21/2010, 6:25 pm; edited 52 times in total
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Female Posts : 4701

Back to top Go down

Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! Empty Re: Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up!

Post by Arianna 6/10/2009, 4:17 pm

Wow, this is great! Please write more Smile
It's amazing Smile

Last edited by Arianna on 8/20/2009, 6:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! Empty Re: Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up!

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/10/2009, 6:38 pm

Ooh! REALLY good! Please write more!!!
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! Siggy
Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! SiggyHallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! Siggy
Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! SiggyHallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/10/2009, 6:38 pm

Thanks! I'm almost done with the 3rd chapter, and I'll post that... Sorry, not a fast writer, I have to wait for inspiration!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/10/2009, 6:40 pm

Well, as soon as you can! This is really good! Smile
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 6/10/2009, 6:55 pm

This is really good, I love it!! Smile Write more!! Smile
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/10/2009, 6:57 pm

I like it! Good job.
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/10/2009, 7:00 pm

Wow, I feel popular. lol! Almost done with the 3rd chapters, I just have to finish the paragraph I'm writing!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 6/10/2009, 7:04 pm

Yay!! Smile
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/10/2009, 7:08 pm

Locker Partners

Luke stepped back and let me out, I said a small, “thanks” and nervously walked down the aisle to get off the bus, successfully made it down the killer steps, and walked into the high school. I was immediately surrounded by about 15 girls in my grade, excited that we weren’t on the bottom of the food chain anymore!
“Oh my gosh, can you believe we’re sophomores now?” A girl named Shelby I vaguely remembered being in my gym class last year asked.
"Yeah, it seems like just yesterday we were finger painting in kindergarten." A girl named Madison said, reminiscing, then went back to gossiping about Brandon Rivers, Brett’s best friend, and how they heard he was single this year.
As more girls surrounded me I saw Luke walking alone to the office.
“Hey guys, I’ll be back in a sec---Bathroom.” I said, and doubted anyone heard me anyway.
Hurrying after Luke, I said loudly, or yelled quietly, depending on how you look at it, to him, saying, “hey Luke, wait up!”
“Where you going?” I asked breathlessly.
“I have to go to the office to get my schedule and locker combination.”
“Oh.” DUH!!! Well, you can just seal the case on whether he thought I was a total airhead or not now.
“Do you need me to show you around the school or something? I mean, if you already have friends that want to show you around, that’s okay too. Whatever you’re comfortable with…” I trailed off.
“No, I’d love to have you show me around, that is, if you want to.” Luke said, and stopped.
“Do you want me to walk you to the office?” I asked.
“No thanks,” he said, smiling, “I think I can find it for myself.” He gestured to the sign about 10 yards away that said, “office”.
“Okay, I guess I’ll see you around.” I said, backing off down the hallway, blushing slightly.
My good mood dipped slightly when I reached my locker. This year I knew we had to share lockers, and unlike most schools, it was alphabetical, so we had no choice in our locker partners. Most likely I’d end up sharing one with Taylor Kolmen, who was a total slob and constantly stuttered. I sighed, and began putting my binders at the top the locker, leaving the whole bottom for Taylor, whom I knew would need the extra room for all of his junk.
“H-h-i Lizzie, it’s too bad we’re not sh-sharing a locker th-this year, it would have been f-f-fun.”
I looked up to see Taylor Kolmen standing right next to me, drool dribbling down his chin.
“What? We’re not sharing a locker? Who’s sharing a locker with me then?” I asked, secretly relieved.
“I kn-know, I wish we w-were.” Taylor managed to say through his stuttering. “Apparently there’s s-some new kid in between u-u-us.”
Wait, a new kid, I thought to myself, didn’t Luke’s last name start with a K?
Just then someone said in a heavy German accent that had to be Luke’s, said, “So, I guess we’re sharing a locker.”
I looked up and smiled, he had no idea what a big favor he had just done me. I didn’t know him that well, but he couldn’t be any worse than Taylor. Quickly putting my bag on one of the hooks, I moved out of the way.
“I don’t need the whole bottom, we can both have our binders down there if you want.” Luke said glancing at my binders all jammed in the top and my backpack still half full with my extra locker stuff.
“But won’t they get mixed up?” I asked, almost shyly. He was so sweet, I was used to guys being slobs, jerks, obnoxious, or a combination of the 3.
“I have a divider that can go between our binders. My mom made me bring it.” He explained as I looked at him weird.
“Okay, then we can have some extra stuff go at the top, is that fine with you?” He asked after he put his binders on the right side of the locker, closer to Taylor.
Wow, he was so polite! It was totally alien to me---guys being nice, weird.
“Sure, that’s fine with me.” I said, slightly distracted by Taylor standing there with his mouth hanging open as we worked it out so easily. Another thing with Taylor, being a complete slob, he loved to have all the room he could. Once again I was grateful to be sharing a locker with Luke, not him.
As soon as our locker was in order, we started to head down to the assembly, with Taylor trailing behind us like a lost puppy dog.
I would have continued to talk to Luke, so he wouldn’t feel uncomfortable, but Steph came up squealing about her locker buddy, so I gave Luke an apologetic smile as I walked away.
“Oh my gosh, guess who my locker partner is!” Without waiting for an answer, she stage whispered, “Brandon Rivers!”
Brandon Rivers is probably the cutest guy in our whole grade; almost every girl in our grade is falling all over him. I obviously think he’s cute, but in my mind he’s nothing compared to Brett. All the same, I’d be pretty excited if he was my locker partner, so I didn’t blame Steph. The only downside was his girlfriend, Abbie Anderson, who was one of Lindsay Victoria’s followers. Even though Abbie was in our grade, she was 16 because she got held back---She was one of those girls who thought staccato was where you got stuck with a male cat. Lindsay Victoria was a whole other ballgame, she wasn’t dumb, but grades weren’t exactly the most important thing to her. She was always looking at her reflection, touching up her flawless features and pulling her already low cut tops lower. Sometimes I wish she were as dumb as Abbie, as it would make life easier for everyone. Lindsay was a classic mean girl, causing girls to go home crying, and last year was rumored to be the reason why Betsy Rivere, who used to have the locker next to Steph, moved to Washington halfway through the our freshman year.
I had just opened my mouth to tell Steph about Luke as we were taking our seats bleachers when Mr. Kregman, our principal began speaking.

Today I Got a Whole New Perspective on the Word “Dumb”

I sat down on the end of the bleachers, just watching and observing the crowd. You could learn almost as much about cliques during assemblies as you did during lunch! Lizzie and her friend Stephanie took a seat about in the middle, a little towards the front, which I assumed was “middle class.” As I watched a guy who looked a little older than us leaned down to talk to Lizzie. I leaned forward as if I could hear what they were saying. Even from a distance I could see Lizzie was ecstatic, if a little shocked. I looked away, not wanting to seem like I was watching them. I looked to the guy who was talking to Lizzie’s right, where it became quite obvious he was a popular. So that was why Lizzie looked happy, yet shocked. I wondered why he was talking to Lizzie instead of one of his brainless blonde groupies. Maybe the preps here just weren’t as pretty as at other schools. I looked at the girls surrounding him to see some of the most gorgeous girls I’d seen out of a magazine. All of them were primping themselves in front of mirrors--- Either applying more coats of shiny pink lip gloss, rearranging their hair, or tugging on their shirts. Though one girl stood out even amongst them--- with dark brown hair and light coffee colored skin that seemed to glow, she was clearly the leader of them, I could tell. Nope, the girls here were just as beautiful as the others schools I’d gone to. Actually even better than the girls at my old school. I tore my gaze away from the mystery girl and her posse to see the skateboarding slackers, soon to become druggies, if they weren’t already, behind them. I knew I was being stereotypical, but really, this was all true. And of course, in the very front rows of the bleachers were quite obviously the nerds and geeks. All of them had either braces, huge glasses, dorky collared shirts, a laptop out, or a combination of those things.

10 minutes later the principal was still lecturing us about being responsible and respectful. At this point, I had given up trying to make a good first impression on the teachers by listening with rapt attention and un-glassy eyes, which everyone else seemed to have from the moment they walked in. I didn’t know anyone around me, so I just sat in silence, mulling everything over that had happened today. I had gotten to the part of sitting next to Lizzie on the bus when Mr. Kregman, our principal, finally got tired of attempting to speak over everyone.
“People, please!” Mr. Kregman said loudly into the microphone.
It was sort of eerie to be in a gym crammed full of high schoolers and have it suddenly go quiet. Well, it was quiet except for one person. A blonde girl sitting next to the gorgeous leader of the preps was still yakking away, completely oblivious to the quiet around her. I expected the dark haired leader to stop her, but she just slid farther down the bleachers, took out a mirror from her purse, and began primping and fixing her hair as though she had no idea who the blondie was. “Um, excuse me, young lady in the pink shirt?” Mr. Kregman was quite flustered; I’m sure he wasn’t used to people ignoring him. Finally the girl behind Blondie had the guts to nudge her with her knee. “What? Can’t you see I’m telling a story---“ Blondie cut off as she took in the faces around her, all directed in her direction. “Ooh, am I getting an award?” She said excitedly. I swear, everyone rolled their eyes at that, including the teachers. “No, you’re not getting an award,” Mr. Kregman explained like he was speaking to a 2 year old, “I’m giving a speech about our first day, so could you please stop talking?” Abbie looked confused, but stopped talking and instead began fixing her hair, tugging on pieces of hair so they came loose. I didn’t see what the point of doing that with your hair was, but I looked away as Mr. Kregman began talking again. Immediately I could see people hurrying to restart their conversations, whispering quietly to each other.
The assembly lasted another boring 10 minutes before they dismissed us to homeroom. I was one of the first out the door, being on the end of the bleachers, so I missed the tsunami of people flooding out the doors behind me. It was safer this way.
I quickly walked to my locker, trying to stay in front of the flood of people, half going down the junior/senior hallway and half going down the frosh hallway, where I was headed. I was grabbing my binder and folder as Lizzie walked up, waving to Stephanie as she walked towards me.
“Hey Luke.” She said, leaning against the locker to the left of us. “Do you have your schedule now?”
“Yeah, after homeroom I have English, Spanish, geometry 2, then after that I have my lunch hour, band, then gym.” I said, consulting my schedule tucked into my binder for homeroom.
“Really?” She said incredulously, “That’s almost my exact schedule! I have homeroom, then English, Spanish, geometry 2, then lunch, choir, and then gym! The only difference is I have choir when you have band… What instrument do you play?” Lizzie said, the two sentences merging into one.
“The drums,” I said, and I felt my cheeks get hot, “but I’m not that good…”
The one thing I was shy about was my music. I was pretty confident in my ability to play, but I didn’t want to seem as if I was showing off. People that flaunted their musical talent at you bugged me.
Lizzie must have seen the blush creeping onto my cheeks, because she then said, “I’m sure you’re great, or you wouldn’t have stuck with it for this long. How long have you been playing?”
“Um, about 6 years.” I mumbled, ducking my head as we began walking to homeroom.
I shook my head, clearing all thoughts, trying to keep an open mind about today. Putting on a smile, I followed Lizzie to the middle of the classroom.
“Nervous much?” I asked, grinning as we took our seats, taking in her bouncing knee.
“A little bit.” She replied, her voice rising an octave.
Her friend Stephanie then came bursting into the classroom and sat in the seat on the other side of Lizzie.
“Lizzie, I was waiting for you in the hall, how come you didn’t walk with me here?” Steph said, with a slight edge to her voice.
“Uh, Steph, this is Luke.” Lizzie said, gesturing to my seat, where I was sitting quietly, taking out my agenda and pencil.
“Oh, you’re Lizzie’s locker partner! Sorry, you must think I’m a total control freak now.” Steph said, a pink tinge appearing on her cheeks.
I took a moment to register that Steph knew who I was, and that I was Lizzie’s locker partner. So Lizzie must have mentioned me. Hmm.
“No, it’s fine. I didn’t know Lizzie was supposed to be waiting for you, or I wouldn’t have walked with her down to homeroom.” I said, smiling.
"Oh, no, that's okay, I didn't know that you had homeroom with us, or I would have figured that you would walk with her..." Steph trailed off, still looking embarrassed.
"Um, so," Lizzie said, "Luke and I have almost all of our classes together, weird, huh? I wish you were in our classes too, Steph, it'd be so much fun!"
Steph looked at Lizzie weird then, and I quickly looked away, not wanting to be part of their girl drama. An awkward silence came up as I stared out the window. Thankfully Mrs. Hanson walked in then, ending our conversation quickly.
“Stop talking!” She barked, slapping her ruler against the board. Silence immediately fell over the room, and I could hardly hear Lizzie breathing to the right of me. Without even a friendly “welcome to your sophomore year”, she dove right into lecturing us about how no one was to talk in class unless they were called on, and she expected everyone to always be prepared to class, and wanted to hear no excuses about missing homework.
10 minutes into this lecture, I was in shock that I had been relieved when she had walked into the classroom. I would have taken an awkward silence between Lizzie and Steph over this any day! After 20 more endless minutes of lecturing, she finally let us go to our next class--- Yes, freedom!
I trailed behind Lizzie and Steph as we headed towards our locker to get our books for the next class. I could hear Lizzie venting about Mrs. Hanson in front of me.
“That’s going to be torture! I can’t believe that we have to see her every day!” She said, dragging the syllables of every and day out.
“I know!” Steph groaned, pulling a face, causing Lizzie to begin laughing as she swerved to the right towards our locker. Then some guy with the letters BT shaved into the back of his head wound his arm around Lizzie’s waste and pulled her towards the janitor’s closet across the hall.

Last edited by twilighter3000 on 11/29/2009, 3:23 pm; edited 11 times in total
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 6/10/2009, 7:33 pm

Ooh! But can you just modify the front? So it's easier?
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/10/2009, 7:36 pm

It said that it was too big... IDK, it would let me post them together... This is exactly what it said: "The posted message is too big."
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 6/10/2009, 7:41 pm

Good job! Smile Do you have any more written?
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 6/10/2009, 7:43 pm

I really like this story so far. Smile
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/10/2009, 7:44 pm

Noooo, my brain's fried, I can't think much over a consecutive over the summer... Sorry! I already wrote quite a bit today, if I try to write too much it'll come out not so good... I promise to write some more tomorrow!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 6/10/2009, 9:11 pm

Oooh, I really like your story. It kinda reminds me of my life- in a way. It's very realistic and I like your style of writing, keep writing!
Jade
Jade
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2182

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/10/2009, 9:42 pm

Thanks! Yeah, Lizzie is practically me, I didn't mean to write it that way though! lol! The only difference is she hasn't a rich friend, has green eyes, and she has an older sister! lol! [And she can actually play the guitar, I'm going to try and learn this Summer, but who knows!] lol! Oh, and the major one, she's in 9th grade and is 14! [I'm going into 8th grade and 12]
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 6/11/2009, 11:12 am

Interesting.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/11/2009, 12:21 pm

Awesome job!! Very Happy I'm really glad you've written more; I've been wanting to find out what happens! XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! 1312Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! 2412Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! 3349Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! 3548Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/11/2009, 1:02 pm

I just got back from lunch, [my mom came home from work and took my brother and I out] so I haven't been able to write, but I'll try to write more now!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Hallelujah *Not finished* Chapter 11 From Luke's Perspective is up! Empty MEANY!

Post by Doodles 6/11/2009, 1:14 pm

GAWSH! i'm your BF and you dont tell me you wrote more of your story!!!!!! SOOOOO UNFAIR!!!! but i like where youre going with this....hehehe.....
Doodles
Doodles
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Female Posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/11/2009, 1:16 pm

Sorry, you were always outside and wouldn't answer my emails! lol! Oh, and you might want to put BFF instead of BF so people don't think you're my boyfriend! lol! Thanks!
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Doodles 6/11/2009, 1:39 pm

OH, RIGHT, SOORRY AOBUT THAT!! BFF!!!!!! I'M BOOOORRRREEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!!
Doodles
Doodles
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by twilighter3000 6/11/2009, 1:45 pm

Me tooooooooooooooooooo.
twilighter3000
twilighter3000
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Doodles 6/11/2009, 2:10 pm

AWELLL, YEAH!! I'VE BEEN LOVING YOUR WRITING FOR, LIKE, A LONG TIME! WAAAAAYYY LONG! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

so, luke's a TALL GUY, huh?! HIDDEN MEANING!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Doodles
Doodles
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next