The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

>|Summ3r's Br3ak|< Chapter 4 up! *not finished*

+3
PugsRock
shadowsowner888
RainyNights
7 posters

Go down

>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* Empty >|Summ3r's Br3ak|< Chapter 4 up! *not finished*

Post by RainyNights 8/7/2009, 2:46 am

Hello! This is a story I began writing on WI but I would like to post it here too! Since I wrote chapters before, they will just end up here again. Sooo, now it's time to look at the rest of the page!

Maturity: Dating (possible), maybe a LITTLE more.

Preface:

“Goodbye, Sophia”, I hugged the best friend I could ever hope for a farewell. “I’m gonna miss you Emily! Do you promise to come visit me?” Sophia asked. “I promise”, I told her assuringly. Sophia was probably ignoring the fact that I probably never could visit her. She lived in California, while I live in Virginia. I couldn’t travel all the way across the country. I can’t even go to the next town, I thought bitterly. I took the handle on my suitcase and waved with the other hand. I was going to miss her very much.
It was a relief I would see her next year when I came back to the private boarding school called Pine Ridge Academy. But The Academy would have to wait a few months. It was summertime. The time of year I hated most. The time I would have to go home. The time I would have to deal with my unloving “family” who sent me here because they didn’t want to deal with me…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>|1|<

As I was sitting alone on the plane I looked back at everything to remind myself.
My family had sent me to a boarding school in New Mexico because they didn’t want me home. Or the better answer, they didn’t want me.
I had a perfect little sister that they loved. She was prettier than me, smarter, great personality, you name it, she was better than me at it all except for I was the more responsible and mature one. My parents had sent me to boarding school when I was younger because two kids were too much to handle. When I came back my little sis Alexa had won all favor of my parents.
I don’t even call them Mom and Dad. They told me to call them by their first names or Mr. and Mrs. Grant. I was their maid that lived under their roof in the summer that they fed (sometimes). I don’t know much about parenting but I do know that they aren’t good parents to me. They love summers because none of them ever have to work around their house.
Since summer was the only time I was around, I didn’t really have any friends. The “working all the time” factor doesn’t help either. I have a neighbor who is my age but we’re just acquaintances.
I shook off the thoughts and swept my straight dark brown locks out of my face. I checked myself in my hand mirror and stared into my light silver-blue eyes. I looked at my abnormally pale skin. It was odd. Instead of turning darker when exposed to sun, it got more and more pale. I ran my hand down my check.
As I heard footsteps I glanced to my left. There was someone sitting next to me. A boy. He looked about 14, my age. “You don’t mind do you?” he asked me. The seat had been empty before. I was surprised someone wanted to sit next to me. “Oh no it’s fine”, I nodded and smiled a bit. He was kinda cute. He had light brown hair with green eyes.
He interrupted my thoughts asking, “What’s your name?” The boy asked interrupting my thoughts. He saw a blank look for a couple of seconds, “Oh!” I said after processing that, “I’m Emily. Emily Grant.” I stuck out my right hand for a shake. The boy took my hand and shook it. The boy I soon knew as Matt was quite friendly. I better enjoy it while I can. Most guys don’t really talk to me much.
“Where are you from?” Another question? From him? I’m on a role! I smiled, “Just from Hill Valley. Nowhere special.” I studied my purple and blue fingernails. “Haha, what a coincidence. So am I. I moved there during the school year.” I nodded my head in interest, “Ah. That’s pretty cool.” What a lame comment. Obviously it would have come from me.
I turned my head to look back at Matt and he was dozing off to sleep. That was a pretty smart thing to do. Before I knew it, I was asleep too.

>|2|<

Before I knew it I heard a voice telling me that we were landing very soon. Great. Closer to my so called “home”. I was dreading the plane landing. I let out a groan that nobody heard luckily.
Approximately 5 minutes later I was stepping off of a “Virginian Airline”. I looked around at the Rolling green hills. They were pretty, but I’d much rather prefer the mountains at Pine Ridge.
Soon I discovered I didn’t have a ride which was no surprise, so I had to walk home. Luckily I only had to walk a few miles. Then it started to get windy. I heard some thunder. I looked up and the next thing I knew it was pouring down rain. I moaned and threw my thumb in the air. I had no choice but to hitch hike.
Within a minute a blue pickup truck started to slow. Whoever was in there pulled over to my relief. The window rolled down, “Hiya Emily!” I heard the familiar voice of Matt in the passenger seat. “Get in before you drown!” At least my ride wasn’t a complete stranger.
I told him where to take me and our driver pulled into my next door neighbor’s driveway. “This is the wrong house. It’s that one.” I pointed to the white one on the left. “This is my house silly. I’ll just let you walk home from here.” Matt said. “And sorry for such inconvenience”, he winked. I laughed. “By the way, thanks.”
I turned and walked out of my neighbor Matt’s yard and towards mine. My shoes squeaked as I walked up the pathway to the door. I stopped in front of the big wooden doors with gold knockers. I looked at the same engraved fancy looking “G” engraved into the wood. I closed my eyes and raised my trembling hand to put it on the gold knocker. I pulled my hand back and pushed it forward again. Thud, thud , thud…

>|3|<

Footsteps came closer to the door and then stopped. The handle turned the large wooden door was pulled inward. “Oh”, my loathed “mother” said, “It’s just you.” She walked back towards the interior. I took that as a cue to let myself in. “Wipe your feet!” I heard the maid say.
“You know, your chores have been piling up since you have been gone. Get started. But you’re cooking dinner tonight.” Great. More chores to look forward to. I swear I’m their personal slave of something.
I lugged my stuff up the marble spiral staircase and down the hall. I stopped in front of my room. The door was open, but I saw that it wasn’t how I had left it last summer. I saw piles and piles and boxes and boxes of stuff. Useless stuff. Taking up my room.
Alexa’s door opened. “Oh yeah, by the way your moving up to the attic.” I saw her sneer and close her door again. The tiny, hot, stuffy, leaky, with nails sticking up out of the floor, attic? SERIOUSLY? I walked back down the other side of the hall to the very end. There was a door. Anyone who didn’t live here would think it was a simple closet. I opened the door and walked up the staircase that led up to the attic.
The stairs led to a smallish room. My eyes wandered around the room. There were no more nails pointing up from the floor anymore, Probably because they thought if I stepped on the nails it was them who would take me to the emergency room. I thought. There was a single window at the end that looked over the front lawn. I would open it to let some air flow through after the rain stopped. There was a twin bed, a bedside table with a lamp, a dresser, and a desk.
I went back downstairs to get some buckets for the dripping water, being extremely quiet and unseen because I knew that I would be ordered to do something or another. Quickly I unpacked all of my stuff (which was not very much). I trotted to the kitchen to see what ingredients were there to make supper out of. I checked the fridge, nothing, the pantry, nothing, everywhere else, nothing. I needed to go to the grocery store. I sighed. There was another thing for me to do.
“Any requests for dinner?” I called through the house. From somewhere I heard something about spaghetti. That was pretty easy to make to my relief. I grabbed my jacket and headed for the garage. I hauled my bike from behind some junk and put up my hood. To the grocery store I go.

>|4|<

The torrential rains lightened up a bit so I didn’t have too much trouble biking through the neighborhood and to the main street. I parked my ride on the bike rack in front of the garden center and locked into the code for the Key-And-Lock: D-R-3-A-M-3-R.
After I was through the large bright blue sliding doors and into a dry place I pulled back my hood and unzipped my gray jacket. It was the only hand-me-down I had from Alexa. She preferred to give her clothes to the needy, though I seem to fit that description quite well. I must need to put a sign on my back that says, “NEEDY!” For her to understand.
I walked past aisles and aisles of food. It all looked so delicious. As I strolled casually past the rows of food items, I came across the bakery aisle… It was too much for me. I HAD to get something. Two things was for certain, dessert was a massive weakness, and I was a good cook.
Eagerly I debated on making chocolate meringue pie, or molten chocolate cake. As I debated for 10 minutes, I finally came to a decision. I would get both!
After I had grabbed noodles, spaghetti sauce, garlic bread, salad, a raspberry-like dressing, and some food I would sneak for me to eat which would include beef jerky, fruit snacks, chips, grapes, and cheese sticks. If my parents were like they usually were, I would only get scraps and leftovers if anything at all. Since they were starting to eat more, I would go hungry more often. And that’s why I sneak food and keep the receipt do they don’t see. My little plan.
I turned around to see Matt right behind me. I gasped and jumped. He laughed at me a bit and I pinched him. He immediately stopped and began a complaint. I cut him off with a laugh and told Matt it was fair punishment that he would have to get used to.
Matt followed me around helping me finish my grocery shopping. Once at the check-out I told him to go. Matt didn’t go, he waited for me and told me he had plenty of time because he was going to ride his bike home.
I think he might be following me or something. He sits with me on the plane, takes me home, happens to be my next door neighbor, comes up behind me in the store, rides his bike home with me, and who knows what’s next! What will happen? Him becoming my best friend? We’ll just have to see.
As I walked across the parking lot I noticed there was no rain at all, and the sun was gleaming in a clear, crisp, blue sky. You could see the rolling green meadows on endless soft hills stretching for miles everywhere you look. It was fairly pretty, but I always preferred mountains reaching for the clouds with snow-capped peaks and rich green forests. The thought of it made me smile. I just loved the mountains.
The ride home was smooth, quiet, and pretty much uneventful. I spent my time staring off into space absentmindedly steering in the familiar direction.
I turned onto the street “Valley Drive” and put on the brakes in my driveway. I walked my bright electric blue bike into the garage and parked it in the corner. It was dinnertime.

Last edited by RainyNights on 8/7/2009, 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
RainyNights
RainyNights
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 89

Back to top Go down

>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* Empty Re: >|Summ3r's Br3ak|< Chapter 4 up! *not finished*

Post by shadowsowner888 8/7/2009, 9:04 am

I'm loving this story. x3 I so feel for Emily. My parents aren't that bad, but it feels like it sometimes. xD And it's awesome watching what happens with Matt! I hope it turns into something. Very Happy That'd be awesome. Add more soon?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* 1312>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* 2412>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* 3349>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* 3548>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* Empty Re: >|Summ3r's Br3ak|< Chapter 4 up! *not finished*

Post by RainyNights 8/7/2009, 9:52 pm

Thank you! Well you'll just have to wait. evil But it might be a few days at the least. My parents are putting me to work. As well as a giant math packet for algebra. tongue And reading a book for english... And I probably will hang with my friend tomorrow. I would be adding some right now but, I'm at pixie's [pixelgirl242 from WI] house. Listening to Deathly Hallows on CD cheesy
RainyNights
RainyNights
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/7/2009, 10:03 pm

OMG, you know Pixie? x3 Lucky. But yah, I hope you have a chance to write soon!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* 1312>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* 2412>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* 3349>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* 3548>|Summ3r's Br3ak|<  Chapter 4 up! *not finished* 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by RainyNights 8/8/2009, 1:12 am

I know her all too well... xD Well she joined here this evening as Mrs.ScorpiusMalfoy. Or something close to that.
RainyNights
RainyNights
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/8/2009, 8:29 am

Lol, yah. =3 I saw.

I know her awesomefully online, but in RL, nope. xP But I am very proud of the fact that I was the first member of her RP on WI, and that I've been a member of it since the very beginning. nod Not even the curent owner has been there longer.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PugsRock 8/8/2009, 8:32 am

Good job! Smile
PugsRock
PugsRock
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 7527

Back to top Go down

Post by RainyNights 8/14/2009, 3:08 pm

Wow Shads! Way to stick too it! It's the Tribe right?

Unfortunately my mommy has been really strict about me finishing my algebra packet this week. Well you heard that on Mind Rain, Shadow. And chapters might not come that incredibly fast...

And thank you Pugs! Smile
RainyNights
RainyNights
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by *Strongly*[Emo]tional 8/14/2009, 3:20 pm

yeah shadow you did a great job
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 16220

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/14/2009, 5:15 pm

Yep, the Tribe of Rushing Water. xD Or The Land of the Tribes.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RainyNights 8/14/2009, 8:59 pm

Ah. I had been looking for it for awhile to join, but then I gave up...
RainyNights
RainyNights
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by RainyNights 8/16/2009, 11:54 pm

Eh. I don't like the title anymore... I wanna change it! But then again...
RainyNights
RainyNights
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Boballoo123 9/12/2009, 3:05 pm

Omg! Rain! Hey! I didn't know you were on TWG! Well, anyway, I still love your story and you have to write more!
Boballoo123
Boballoo123
Novelette Scribe
Novelette Scribe

Female Posts : 824

http://dreamer.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 10/25/2009, 10:38 am

I started reading this one on WI, and I loved it so I can't wait for more!!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by FireFly 1/28/2010, 9:20 pm

That was really good, I can't wait to see what happens with Emily and Matt! Very Happy
FireFly
FireFly
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Female Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down