The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!-

+2
shadowsowner888
Miss_Alice
6 posters

Go down

Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!- Empty Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!-

Post by Miss_Alice 1/9/2010, 1:58 am

XXX-Prologue-XXX

I ran. I ran faster than I knew my legs would take me. I ran faster than I usually ran. With my breaths coming in a hazy wheeze, I continued running. My legs where cramping, my knees ached, my lungs screamed for more air- but I only continued. I had to get away. I had to get far away... from, this place. Far away, from this dreaded place. My pace started slowing... my heart rate racing at extreme measures. The cool night air pricked at the lines on my cheeks where tears had been flowing down a few minutes ago. I weazed, trying to suck in breaths faster than my lungs could take it. This wasn't regular! This town was so quiet- so peaceful- It'd never be like this!! I shut my eyes, still taking in large amounts of breaths. Screams rang in my ears, the image of fire raged in the back of my head. Thump... thump... thump...
Was that my heartbeat? No, It couldn't be... Footsteps maybe?
Tick... tock... tick... tock...
That definally was not my heart!!
I spun around, knowing something was not right. As something lunged at me... my world spun, then blackened.
Tick tock, Tick Tock.
Thump Thump Thump...

XXX-Chapter One-XXX
That was a few years ago, that memory that forever burned in my mind. Everyone in the modern day would never know of what happened that day. No one would ever know of the mishaps of Shady Shores... The ghost town of the modern age. Yet, everyone here seemed to be stuck in the past. No one owned a TV, A computer, what you people call "iPods", or even a lightbulb. We use candle sticks, listened to the radio, and listened to other people sing.
So, By now your probably thinking: "What in the heck is with this place?! This 'Shady Shores'?!"
Well, Let's start with the beginning, Shall we?
My name is Rosette Juliane, and I was brought to Shady Shores with my parents from France when I was 5. I don't remember the exact city I lived in. In fact- I don't even remember my parents. I just remember that Mother was a natural beauty, and dad was what every woman wanted.
I was nothing, like my parents.
I was too skinny, I've always been, way to pale, and way to "skin and bones" to be my mothers child. She has shiny brown hair, so did my dad. I had auburn hair, which was nothing close to shiny. Naturally- Everyone told me I was nothing like my mother or father. That I was an outcast to the family. Little did they know...
They were correct.
I found out a few hours before the "indecent" that the two where not my biological parents. They had adopted me in France, then moved.
I later found out that my so-called Adoptive "Parents" wanted to put me back in the Orphan's home. I was such a pull down to the family.
Enough about me.

Shady Shores explains itself in it's name. It's a dark little town settled by the Pacific Ocean. You have to fly to get into Shady Shores, and to get out.
But the plane hasn't came in awhile.

I carefully opened my eyes, seeing speaks of dust and dirt infront of me. And a flower, a daisy in fact-- which didn't grow here. My body was so sore, I groaned trying to sit up. I pushed myself to sit up-- I didn't want to lie in the dirt all day. Gross. Rubbing my eyes, I looked around at the little town of Shady Shores.
The sight was so surprising, I wanted to lie right back down again.
Houses where missing chunks of roof, and sides. Stores had people piling in and stealing food. The roads had large holes in 'em. The dock by the sea was drifting off now.
"Oh.... Wow..."

---

Last edited by Miss_Alice on 1/30/2010, 3:39 pm; edited 5 times in total
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6007

Back to top Go down

Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!- Empty Re: Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!-

Post by shadowsowner888 1/9/2010, 9:48 am

Ooo, intriguing! :3
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!- 1312Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!- 2412Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!- 3349Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!- 3548Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!- 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!- Empty Re: Tick Tock, Thump Thump. (The Memorys of Rosette Juliane) -Chapter One Finished!-

Post by catbuster 1/9/2010, 1:02 pm

Ooh, I love it very mysterious!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 1/9/2010, 1:31 pm

Awesome so far. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/30/2010, 3:39 pm

Thanks for all your reviews. Very Happy I finally updated after a long time...
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6007

Back to top Go down

Post by merry312 1/30/2010, 4:06 pm

Woah! Very suspenseful and intriguing! Very Happy Great job!
merry312
merry312
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2308

Back to top Go down

Post by catbuster 1/30/2010, 9:13 pm

Omg, totally awesome I am so phsyced for more!!!
catbuster
catbuster
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Mioko 3/24/2010, 10:56 pm

That was super Alice! Surprised
Miss_Mioko
Miss_Mioko
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1765

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down