The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back Empty The Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/19/2010, 3:33 pm

Maturity: High-graphic violence, high-level kissing.
Fantasy: Uhm....

TheSky's[NOT]TheLimit

Two shall come from the place we derive,
But it may not be for the better,
Oceans of blood will be spilt,
Fountains of tears will overflow,
Death is going to rear it's face,
And pain will have it's blow,
Deception thrives,
Secrets live,
Love is won,
And it will come to strike again.

Last edited by Jesus4Eternity on 3/19/2010, 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back Siggy
The Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back SiggyThe Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back Siggy
The Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back SiggyThe Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

The Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back Empty Re: The Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/19/2010, 3:33 pm

Amanda and Miranda were normal teenagers, hanging out with their friends Benjamin, Erin, and Morgan. But then, on the same day, they looked into the mirror and noticed something different: they had wings.
They fly off into the sunlight, soon meeting up with Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy, and Angel, aka The Flock. Will they survive?
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

The Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back Empty Re: The Sky's [NOT] The Limit~ Gone and Back

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/19/2010, 3:57 pm

RESERVED
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/19/2010, 4:12 pm

Reserved for Me.

Last edited by IRuleTheWorld on 3/19/2010, 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/19/2010, 4:12 pm

Reserved for Awesomeness.
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/19/2010, 4:32 pm

I sat in the low-lying cave next to Fang and Max, pulling my jacket tighter around me. I still didn't really know how to fly. I had almost been carried by Max and Fang when they saw me falling out of my window the day I got my wings. But they were aching where they met my back. The burning sensation was spreading throughout both of my wings, causing me to grimace in pain. The rough rocks on the gray wall weren't helping- they just scratched my wings painfully. I wrapped my arms around my knees as I so often do and took stock of my life. A week ago, I had been sitting at home doing algebra. Now, I was sitting in a cave, the only heat source the glowing embers of the fire, my wings burning painfully.
It so totally rocked.

Last edited by Jesus4Eternity on 3/19/2010, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/19/2010, 5:28 pm

I leaned against the cave wall, a glare spread acrossed my face. The flames flickered, and I thought back before this time, before the pain. Glancing around every once in awhile, I concluding that this was awful. The feathery things, called wings obviously, shot pain down my back constantly. No Bueno.. This wasn't cool. An unsettling feeling crashed over me, fiercer than storm waves. My head tilted backwards and rested against the rough stone, and I shifted uncomfortably where I was seated. I shuddered in pain. How in the world did the others survive this? I mean, flying, thats freaky stuff right there. Being in the air was scarey, but now i'm just going to have to get use to it. The freedom that was offered with flying was riveting. Maybe, we'll adapt, Amanda and I. I thought silently.
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/19/2010, 5:53 pm

"M-Max?" I asked, turning towards her. "Yeah?" She was still wary, still not entirely sure she could trust me. Angel, on the other hand, kept sitting on my lap, which was where she was now. I absently stroked her hair as I replied to Max. "How... how long have you known each other?" She went silent for a few moments. "As long as we can remember." I nodded. "Okay... you look... familiar somehow." I said very quietly. "You were probably there when they experimented on you, and then they... abandoned you." I bit my lip, resting my chin on my knees.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/19/2010, 6:09 pm

I rolled my eyes, and scoffed silent. Yes, I was a non-believer, None of this was happening. It was all just a dream, a creepy dream.Bird-People don't exist, and there was absolutely no chance that I was a human-avian hybrid-thingy. One problem, all of this details were too real to be fake. I pinched myself, and winced slightly in pain. Oh..No. Finally, I came to the realization that this was a dream. Instead, it was a living nightmare. I audibly gasped, then clasped both hands over my mouth. My eyes were as wide as dinner plates, no, larger. Fang and Nudge glanced over at me. Luckily their gaze only lingured for a few seconds, after which I buried my face in my hands.
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/19/2010, 6:14 pm

[Fang=hawt.]

"Miranda, just accept it. You've got flippin' wings!" I couldn't not be excited about this. I was always up for a challenge, and flying around with thirteen foot wings was enough for me. "A week ago, we were doing algebra and homework. Now, we're flying around in the glory of freedom!" I grinned. "Well, kinda. We still don't know how." I shot a glance at Max. "Fang and I will teach you in the morning, since we met about fourteen hours ago. Won't we, Fang?" She looked over my head at him, an almost-feral glare in her eyes.

[This is before the first book- Max and Fang were teaching the kids how to rough it in caves, so they still have a house. And Angel's still here. Max, Fang, Iggy, and we are all 13 here, okay?]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/19/2010, 8:19 pm

Fang nodded smirking, "Amanda!" I barked (ha ha) "You can't be serious. Our life of normalcy is over. We have wings. We are like...bird people thingies!" I spoke exasperated, and ended with a signature glare, "Don't make me go all girly on you." I threated. I wasn't kidding. Looking away from everyone I ended, "Max, thank you for allowing us into the flock...I won't let you down. Though I'm not completely sure about Ms. Giggles-A-Lot." My eyes flickered over towards Amanda for referance. I sighed, flying, I had a feeling that was going to be difficult.
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/19/2010, 9:46 pm

"That's a good thing! Miranda... we can fly. We're human-avian hybrids. This is flipping amazing!" I smiled, still trying to ignore the burning feeling in my wings. Eh, it would totally be worth it.
A few minutes later, Angel crawled off my lap and onto Fang's, and Max smiled. "Angel, Gazzy, Nudge- bedtime. Ig, you're on watch." Max lied down next to me, and, without warning, pulled me to the rocky floor. "We rough it out a lot." She explained. I nodded. "Is it worth it?" My voice was barely a whisper. "Usually."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/19/2010, 10:22 pm

"Whatever." I murmured quickly, Amanda wasn't going to see it my way, so I just stopped fighting her. This was her dream, my nightmare. I watched Angel climb onto Fang's lap. He began stroking her hair, as the others had down, only more hesitantly. The younger children went to sleep after chiming their goodnight's. Sleeping was never one of my favorite activities. It was nearly impossible, so I decided to stay up. Staring into the flames, pictures of my normal childhood floated in and out of my head. Shaking my head, I glanced around amongst the older members of the flock, Fang, Iggy, and Max didn't have what I had. They had to grow up quicker. I played with a strand of my hair, sleep wasn't going to overcome me anytime soon, and now I wished I had something to do, write, read, or draw anything would've worked.
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/19/2010, 10:25 pm

Max woke me early, and I opened my eyes silently, the way she had told me to. She was trying her best to get in three years of training in a few days. "When they wake up, we'll fly." She whispered, motioning to everyone else. Seeing Miranda was still awake, I crawled over to her. "Can't sleep?" I asked, my hair falling down my shoulders. Max had promised to cut it when we got back to the house, which was good- it was starting to irritate me. It was long and pretty, but "wouldn't work in an Eraser fight", according to Max.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/19/2010, 10:34 pm

I blinked, and thought about my response, "No." Was the only rational reply I could give. Slight fear began to set in, "What if we die Amanda? Why am I being the only reasonable out of us two? We're new to this game, we having been doing this for long, at all." I shut my eyes, "Out here I feel all alone, you're the only one I know. I'm not very social with others." I spoke honestly. Even with full-set panick mode on, my face betrayed absolutely no emotion.

[Are we going to have abilities?]
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/19/2010, 10:38 pm

"Everyone's gonna die, Miranda. And I never said I'm not reasonable- I'm just optimistic. Would you rather be doing math homework? Honestly? I'd rather be here, flying." I admitted, extending my wings a bit, and painfully, at that. "It's a whole new adventure, Miranda. Embrace it. It's not like we can go back." I murmured quietly. Max was gently waking everyone, tapping their shoulders, and soon the younger ones and Iggy would go abck to the house, while Fang and Max taught us how to fly one on one- Max and Miranda and Fang and I, according to Max.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/19/2010, 11:09 pm

[I've got to go... reply anyway! Very Happy]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/20/2010, 10:14 am

"I'd rather be doing homework. Safe, safe homework. You don't have to worry about much. I'm not in control of my life right now. That bothers me, I can't make choices. It's either survive or die out here." I looked down with fear written all over my face. I shook my head, "Curioustiy killed the cat Amanda, and if it can kill a cat, it can surely kill us. This time, they're isn't any satisfaction to bring it back." I chidded. There were a few minutes of silence before a wretched smell fell over the group. My head turned over to glance at Gazzy. Nudge made a face.
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/20/2010, 10:21 am

"You can make choices, Miranda. You can go back if you want, tell your parents some lame excuse. But you can't take the wings off. They'll find you, and then you'll just be more vurnerable." I said quietly. Max looked at me in alarm. "You sound like you've done this before." I shrugged. "I'm starting to get... not memories, exactly, but... something different. Like my memories aren't what really happened, you know?" Her face turned into one of shock. "That's not good, Amanda. That's not good at all."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/20/2010, 6:26 pm

"I know that, Amanda. I've had nightmares about what really happend to us, thats why I don't sleep well at night. " Thinking of what else to say, I added, "I'm here because of..." I glanced around the cave, and picked up a grey riverstone, "I'm here because of this rock." I smirked, "And to blow things up, of course." That was my normal Miranda-like answer, and I could imagine Amanda was expecting me to say something like that, "Oh, and to go on an adventure, and to not feel like a freakshow." The last sentence I commented to quickly for Max or Amanda to here. I clapsed my hand together that held the rock. It was smooth and rather soft, just as I was expecting it to feel. Then, I decided, that this rock, was going to be my goodluck charm. I named him Bob. That made me smile, and I felt like an idiot grinning like widely of a stone.

[You never answered my question.]
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/20/2010, 7:17 pm

[Amanda?]
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/20/2010, 8:02 pm

[IREADFANG]

I saw Iggy flash a smile in her direction, and Max sighed. "Okay, everyone except me, Fang, and the new ones clear out." I sighed, watching Angel and Iggy go. "Fang? You're going to help Amanda, and I'll take Miranda. She seems to be... nervous." Max flashed a grin my way, and I giggled. "Yeah. I'm the optimist, if you can't tell."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/20/2010, 8:26 pm

"And I'm the sensible one...nope. Not really." Thinking for a moment I added, "I'm not crazy. Amanda, though, is guilty as charged." I chided. As the Angel and Iggy went, Gazzy left right away, Nudge, however, stayed a moment and grinned before leaving. Fang nodded, "Alright." I crossed my arms and scowled, muttering, "Nervous. Ha."
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/20/2010, 8:32 pm

[And yes, we have special powers.]

[IREADFANG. Gyah.]

"Only sometimes." I clarified. "It'll keep you alive in a fight. We're all kinda hyperactive and paranoid." A grin crossed my face. "See, Miranda? I knew it would pay off." Max grinned. "Okay. Miranda, come over here and we can work. Fang, take her where ever you feel will be best." She nodded and turned, poitning Miranda to a rocky ledge.

[Plan: Amanda's been in the School her entire life, and was just released, thinking all these normal memories were real, but they were stimulated. When she joins Fang and Max, they remember her, but don't show it, 'cuz they think it might be a trap. However, Fang and Amanda were really close at the School, so he tries to get her memory back. It comes back, and... ya.]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/20/2010, 8:42 pm

[Sweet.]

That made me glare at Amanda, "I will have my revenge." I said before walking over to the ledge. That was a completely valid threat, now, the task at hand was to try to fly, and not end up a Miranda pancake. 'Cause that wouldn't be very good, now would it? Looking over the edge, I swallowed hard. I.Was.Afraid.Of.Hights. And needles. I couldn't close my eyes, that would be bad, unless your Iggy, but seeing as I was no Iggy, flying with my eyes closed wouldn't work. [My actual fears.]

[Hm...Where shall Fang take Amanda? Razz ]

[And what about me, in your oh so fabulous Plan?]
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next