The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ |

4 posters

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 13 Empty Re: | ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ |

Post by Komoda 5/9/2010, 4:44 pm

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 13 N6qmif
When I realized it, tears were spilling over.
I want to disappear, I want to die; I want to go crazy…

Rocus

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~ *

"Who are you talking about? You mean your imaginary angel boy or whatever?" I asked her while trying to make my tone monotonous, although I could hide the overpowering mock that singed through.

Try as I might, I couldn't take a word she said seriously. She was just some masochistic loon, after all. But there was this undeniable graveness in her breath that really gave me goosebumps. If this guy she was seeing was a gangster like I had originally expected, it wouldn't be a problem. But she spoke of him like he was right here, right now... And unless she had a nightmare or was hallucinating, that was impossible.

So that left three options. Either he was a figment of her imagination, hiding somewhere nearby, or he was a legit fallen angel. But angels didn't even exist, did they? Heaven didn't even exist, did it? As far as I was concerned, there was no heaven. No god. There was *heck*, of course... Except we liked to call it earth instead. And after all that was over, we'd be in a place of nothingness. Or reincarnated, maybe... But not heaven. There was no point in wishing for something too brilliant to be true.

I allowed myself to drift away from her, exploring the room we were in, hoping that she wouldn't start making a ruckus again and get us caught. My hands glided along the supplies scattered over the flimsy plastic tables. There wasn't much exciting except for a few cotton swabs, those popsicle stick things, tweezers, latex gloves, and...

Perfect! I thought, scooping up a bottle of isopropyl alcohol. I snapped off the lid, a bitter and medicinal smell slicing through my nose. I cringed and shut the bottle again, pocketing it and now searching for needles and thread. Now I began to wonder how the heck I'd figure out to sew her anyway.

Van Alton

Being entrapped everyday by the sweet temptations,
drugs, and women; I thought it didn't matter...

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 13 8yxdf9

Character; Rocus Van Alton
Lyrics; Escapism by An Café
OOC;
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/9/2010, 5:08 pm

Breanne Rose
×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ× ×ღ×

So close your eyes, but don't dream too deep.

And please pass me some memories

~.•.~.•.~.•.~.•.~.•.~.•.~.•.~

And when I fall you're underneath

1000 broken hearts... carried by 1000 broken wings

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 13 Wheeee10

Broken Wings...

_*_

She noticed a cut on the inside of her cheek—she apparently bit down on it while hallucinating. Her stomach churning, she swallowed hard on the blood-thickened saliva as she glared at him with frozen eyes, a frozen expression, and frozen lungs. She couldn’t breathe. And she didn’t have anyone’s warm touch, lacing her skin, searing right through it... She didn’t have anyone, right now, to breathe for her. Not Rocus, obviously... He’d be breathing through her like she was nothing. Because that is what he thought of her; Nothing, invisible like the air to breathe, itself. Unlike air, Rocus didn’t really need to have her. And like the air—he used her constantly. Or thinking about it. But it was more like thinking of using her blood. Bree didn’t like thinking things through in these ways—she always told herself not to think about a horrendous future. Or else she’d wind up having it. But now, she was no longer aware of what the future held.
She didn’t want to be, anymore.

The angel just stood there—maybe trying to be quiet. Just so Rocus won’t hear him. It angered her more than anything, and the buzz in her head that refused to die down like her muscles refused to comply when she tried to move did not help her temper, at all. She wished Rocus would just sew her eyes shut too, as if he would even protest, he would love to kill her. Maybe he’d like to kill her more than to please Irène and just do it. Her wild imagination flickered back to life—she pictured her eyes sewn shut, needles still connected and hanging from the thread... Black tears, and a black demise...

_*_

Do not heal...

~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Character: Breanne Rose
Lyrics: Broken Wings ~ Flyleaf
OOC:

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 13 Yayaya10
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2947

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/9/2010, 5:24 pm

Rocus

I shuffled through the supplies, scattering it onto the ground in my haste. I was able to find some thread and needles hidden behind all the gauze and shoving as many as I could into my pockets, I let a sigh of relief wheeze from my lips. My hands were bloodied from the haste in which I grabbed the needles, but I blocked out the stinging pain. I nearly was done the mission, and that was all that mattered.

"Come on, Bree. I found what we needed," I snapped. I knew she was in some sort of pain, but she'd have to get over it. "We can't risk getting caught once we've come this far."

I debated going over to help her, but I didn't want her to get all swoony or anything. We just had to get out of the restricted area and go into the bathroom where no one would suspect anything. I hoped she wouldn't slow me down.

Van Alton

OOC; Gotta go. Lots of work to do.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/9/2010, 5:34 pm

({ I was eating supper. Sorry. I'll reply, now, though. Smile })
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/9/2010, 5:39 pm

(Okay! I'll reply to your latest reply before I leave, then.)
(Nevermind, sorry. Have to go. D:)
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/9/2010, 6:01 pm

Breanne Rose

Broken Wings...

_*_

She felt like a shell-less turtle, and equally demented and devastated. At long last, the Fallen Angel receded further against the wall, before dwindling into it, fading away through it. She wished she could do the same. Just to get away from Rocus. A shudder rippled across one confined shoulder to the other.
“I really hate you. Did you know that?”

She was still frozen in place, stabbed through with his double-edged thoughts and feelings toward her she just knew he had. Pain twisted in familiar patterns throughout her body, the jagged hole in her chest where her heart used to be ripping her open from the inside out, and that was nothing but background music, second place, in comparison with the chaos of her thoughts. She straightened up and found her feet with a slim struggle.

She then swore huskily at him, using all sorts of profanities, turning the air blue...
But all she could see was red.

She cut off as her heart squeezed inward, painfully. It was pounding like a fist hitting her ribs from the inside. Her stomach was yet again wringing itself into bizarre contortions. She grunted, and her jaw locked rigidly. She could not feel shame for saying what needed to be said. Not this time. Still, misery swept through her. “Sorry, I just—” She broke off, mouth open, like something cut off her air. She sucked in a deep, steadying breath. “I needed to speak in defence of myself, for once. If you think I’m sadistic and backbiting, then so be it. And trust me, there’s no sham in this excuse for hating you to be heard...

Because this is my honesty and my frankness. I’m not being open because I care for you, I’m being open because I know the truth will hurt some small fragment of you, given I can’t hurt you physically because of the state I’m in... Speaking of which, at least I’m not sick enough to kill someone I barely know! I’d like to give you a square, solid blow in the gut. Right now. But, I would never be sick like you. Ever. I’d never kill anyone. I’d never scare people the way you do. I’d only be scaring myself. Because you scare me, Rocus. You scare me and you treat me like grime, or litter, or trash, or... I don’t know! What kind of gobshite do you think I am!?” She was crying now, cold torrents spouting out of her eyes and rolling down her face.

_*_

Do not heal...

OOC:

Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/9/2010, 9:22 pm

Rocus

Inwardly I winced. Of course I didn't actually care about her feelings, but it wasn't good if she was backing out on me. She was my blood source, and probably the only thing that would get me through this internship. I couldn't be completely harsh with her, as much as being charming killed me...

"I'm... sorry," the words slid off my tongue roughly, as if it was a foreign language. "I didn't mean to treat you like garbage. I was just eager to get out of here before we got caught, I guess."

I smiled encouragingly, hoping it looked somewhat convincing. I tried not to let my emotions get a hold of me, but it was so much easier when all I had to do was keep a straight face. But to pretend to be happy... It was pushing past my physical limit. It was hard to do something like that.

Regardless, I made my eyes as apologetic and canine-like as possible, gesturing towards the door. "Now what do you say we get you stitched up? I'll try my best not to screw up."

Van Alton

OOC;

Last edited by Komoda on 5/10/2010, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/9/2010, 9:27 pm

({ I need to go to bed. I'm sure you've received my PM. I just wanted to tell you that Bree was standing all along, well, since my last post. If you read carefully, 'she found her feet' means she stood. You may want to edit your reply a little, now. But it's good. I'll try to reply tomorrow. Have a good night! zzzzzz... })
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/10/2010, 7:10 am

Breanne Rose

Broken Wings...

_*_

She twisted on her heel, and began to saunter for the door. She froze midstride. “Let’s go,” her voice was nothing but a breath. It hoarsely wheezed and huskily whistled through the air. She then recovered her walk out the door. She eased into a dainty jog in the corridor as she saw the bathrooms at the other extremity. She expected him to follow.

_*_

Do not heal...

OOC:

Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/11/2010, 11:39 pm

Rocus

I followed after her, quickening my pace as we reached the bathrooms.

I went over all my knowledge of home ec. before I quit school. We learned how to use sewing machines, but we never learned how to sew by hand. I wondered how the heck I'd be able to do this... I guess I'd have to improvise somehow, and if not, I could just tape some gauze over it. Not nearly as convincing as an actual stitch, but it would be better than nothing.

I stood between the two bathrooms, one sign reading "ladies" and the other "men". "Which one should we go in?" I asked Bree.

Van Alton

OOC;
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/12/2010, 8:48 pm

Breanne Rose

Broken Wings...

_*_

“Meh,” Bree zeroed in at the entrance to the men’s bathroom. “I’m sure you’d prefer the men’s, but I’m positive I’ll rather enjoy the women’s.” She cocked an eyebrow. “Phew... Well,” She took a step towards the men’s bathroom. “I guess...” Abruptly, she spun to face the ladies’ washroom. “It’s time to be anti-climactic. Let’s go!” She strolled inside the women’s washroom with a brisk pace. “On the contrary of what you should be feeling... I hope you feel nice ‘n snug in here, chump.” She felt no other presence in the washroom. The counter was tea rose, the stalls were correspondent with each other on either side of the room, and the walls were perfectly salmon pink. There were so many shades of pink. Too many. It scared her—how much she blended in—because her shirt was the same carmine pink as the floor. She pressed her wrist against the counter to compare the carnation pink of her watchband with the colour, as well. This time around, fear prickled her neck and arms. “Jeez, pink makes me sick.” She made a gagging sound. Her bones unhinged, and she sat on the counter, gingerly brushing the hair off of the side of her neck to reveal the double-crescent bite-mark of Rocus’ monster teeth weapon (she thought they were steel razors, or so), still all bloody in his pocket. She smelt it in the truck—she hated the scent. It made her more woozy than the girlie-ness of the room. It smelled like rust and salt. She attempted to think of other things in vain... But, then the hour she saw on her wristwatch as she was comparing the shade of pink on her watchstrap to the shade of the counter got called back to mind... It was getting very late. She exceedingly worried about Irène, now.

_*_

Do not heal...

OOC:

Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/15/2010, 12:09 pm

Rocus

I reluctantly followed her into the woman's washroom, checking my shoulder to make sure no one saw. But I supposed it was a hospital; not an elementary school. It's not like I could get in huge trouble if we got caught anyway; it would just be embarrassing. But my pride was worth the risk if it meant I was one step closer to impressing Irene and earning enough money to get out of the financial trap I was in.

I approached her, brushing my hand over the wound on her neck. I hesitantly dipped my needle into the alcohol, poking my own skin to see how sharp it was. I winced when it immediately pierced the skin, causing a light flow of blood. I guess I didn't realize these were medical needles and would have to be sharper than the sewing variety in order to pierce through human flesh.

I tossed out that needle and got a new one, trying and failing numerous times as I attempted to thread it. At around the tenth time, I finally got the string through the tiny hole. With the device in hand, I hovered over Bree's wound, trying to decide where to start first. The metal poked through the skin just below where the wound starts, and I lifted my head to see how she'd react.

Van Alton

OOC; I have to go help my mom, so I'll probably not be on until like way later. >.>
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/15/2010, 12:36 pm

Breanne Rose

Broken Wings...

_*_

Her face was smooth, but her eyebrows furrowed on a small scale. She noted that Rocus was cautious—he didn’t like this any better than she did, obviously. “Yeah, I don’t like double-standards, either... ‘Cause I’m always the one with the bad luck, in the end... And it’s never the other way around...” A grimace dawned upon her face. “You never even know when a lifetime of emotional baggage is about to rear it’s ugly head... I knew, and know that pain is not a foreign concept to me... And will never be.” The taint in her own voice seemed to resonate with the corruption in her bones. She always longed to purge herself from pain. She willed herself to pull out the sorrow from it’s root even though she could only, roughly imagine how deeply it was buried. Where her pain once began, the root, maybe it wasn’t where the biggest amount of damage was made. Maybe all of her loss was the source. Maybe she was the source of her own sadness. Perhaps she was just overreacting. But it did not feel like exaggeration—it felt like confinement. “Argh... I’m sorry, I know this is probably all of the melodrama you could take... And I know that if I don’t stop now I’ll wind up talking more than you could listen, so...”

_*_

Do not heal...

OOC:

Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 5/15/2010, 5:56 pm

(Just two for now but I will add more soon)

Name: Selia Kilendree
Mythological in any way?: Werewolf
Personality: She is pretty much evil in a way. She doesn't like anyone, but is good at getting what she wants and walks with her head up as if she is better than anyone she meets.
Appearance: She has long, straight brown hair that perfectly reaches her waist. She trims it every day to keep its perfect length, and always has her long bangs braided back away from her face. He hair is always well cared for and shiny, and she has a very tall and slim figure. Her large brown eyes match her hair and her full lips and acne-free face is always covered with makeup to match what she wears, which always happens to be beautiful and expensive gowns.
Weakness[es]: She absolutely HATES cats. They disgust her to bits, considering she is a dog.
Other: Every night at midnight she turns into a very large wolf with the same brown colored fur and eyes. Her fur is pretty much medium length and she changes back at one o'clock. Although on full-moon nights, she is not seen throughout the day because the night before, she does not change back into a human. She stays a wolf until the full moon night where she changes back at dawn.

Name: Cilie Kel
Mythological in any way?: No
Personality: Cilie isn't very nice, but she isn't evil either. She sees someone who she likes, and ends up acting like a puppy, following the person around and taking orders or assisting them in any way possible. She does not, however, like to be ordered around by people she doesn't like.
Appearance: Cilie has light brown hair that reaches her shoulder braids, but is always thrown into a messy ponytail with a strand of hair always in her face. She has small eyes that are a crystal blue color and is short and skinny
Weakness[es]: She isn't a good fighter, and can get beaten easily.
Other: None
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 13 DN41
| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 13 Cake
I was hungry =]

Female Posts : 2339

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/15/2010, 6:24 pm

({ Thanks for joining up! Accepted.
Sure. Take your time writing more form[s]... All of the time you need. ^,^ })
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 5/15/2010, 6:40 pm

(Okay, thanks. And I like the way you guys roleplay, with the song lyrics and everything. It is really interesting ! Do you mind if I do something like that too?)
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/15/2010, 6:45 pm

({ To your heart's content. Of course. Smile
I don't know, we just happen to like fancy templates. xD
It's not really a strict rule, though... You don't even have to ask to create a template. Just find fitting song lyrics, or a special quote, anything, and just do a section which reads;
'Character: *insert name here*
Lyrics: *dot dot dot*
OOC (Out of Character): *blah blah blah*
'
Yeah, that's about it. Oh, and I'm sorry if you can't see some of the fonts I used to create my templates (if you just see big, bolded, plain fonts)... It's all because I downloaded them without realizing that some Twig members may not have that font in their computers. (So, they can't see it.) })
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 5/15/2010, 7:02 pm

(Okay, Thanks! So I guess I should start roleplaying now? If you want to roleplay with me)
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/15/2010, 7:05 pm

({ Sure! If you can't find a way to hop in with Mo and I, we'll just commence with a brand new scenario. Just you and I. Well, it's entirely your call, now... Do you even wish to start first? :3

Mgh... The part that sucks is that Mo's not on right now. But, she will be. Soon. })
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 5/15/2010, 7:10 pm

Selia

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~``~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

So grab this statement, And read between the lines
I’m walking on an edge, That’s how I stay alive

I stepped out of the bus, my heels pushing through damp gravel. Suitcase in hand, the bus drove away, making my dark red dress breeze to the side and my brown hair flip around. I rested a hand on my dress to calm it, and smoothed out my hair before I walked up the stone steps to the large doors. I tried to stop myself from thinking about how I would be working for a witch as I knocked four times on the door. As I waited, I flipped out a hand mirror to touch up my dark red lipstick and thick eyeliner, parting the clumps in my mascara before putting it back in my purse.
Kildenree
I can hear the footsteps that follow to my pulse,
This paranoia haunted me like a ghost

Character: Selia Kildenree
Lyrics: The Webs We Weave by Escape the Fate
OOC: I hope my template is good ?
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/15/2010, 7:37 pm

Rocus

I was so concentrated on sewing through the wound that I didn't exactly pay attention to her rambling. "Mhm, that's nice..." I mumbled absentmindedly. "It's fine. Just let it all out; I'll listen to you if that's your wish."

I was accustomed to hurting people; that was easy. All I had to do was rip a chunk out of their flesh with my razor teeth, and that was that. But when I had to do such delicate work, it was a lot harder than it seemed. The concept of causing bodily harm was the same, except I had to do it moderately. I normally wouldn't care, but I had to do a careful job if it was to be invisible to Irene. If Bree so much as flinched, it could mess things up.

I gently tugged the thread through the skin, pulling it across until it passed the bloody puncture wound and met up with the intact part of the skin. Once the two pieces were joined together, I moved up the thread and pierced it through again, repeating the process in attempt to create as straight of a stitch as possible. I was thankful that this particular thread matched the color of her flesh, or else I would be in trouble. I would save the darker thread for the feigned stitching on her head; that would have to be visible for Irene.

"Just tell me if I'm hurting you and we can take a break," I murmured, trying to bite down my hesitance. We were in a hurry, but I still had to keep up my charming charade. Yet that was a hard thing to do, considering what I had done to her.

Van Alton

OOC; Ah, fresh blood. Welcome to the RP, Alyssa! And Crystal - sorry this took so dreadfully long. -.- I was helping mother with the garden.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 5/15/2010, 7:42 pm

(Thanks! And Crystal just so you know, I edited my last post with my roleplay =] )
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/15/2010, 7:54 pm

({ Oh. Okay, I'll go check it out. })
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Fairytales 5/15/2010, 7:58 pm

(Okay =] )
Dark Fairytales
Dark Fairytales
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

I was hungry =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 5/15/2010, 8:09 pm

Breanne Rose

Broken Wings...

_*_

Her nostrils flared at the scent of blood. She took a ragged breath through her mouth. “I don’t feel like talking anymore... I don’t feel like doing anything, at all... I feel sick...” Alarm was robbing all of her senses. “I hate... blood.” That was it—she lost her voice. But, at least she still had her mental voice. I hope this will be all over, soon... She closed her eyes and thought aimlessly—fervently wishing that Rocus would not break into her momentary reverie of peace...

_*_

Do not heal...

OOC:

_~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•~_•_~_•~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•~_•_~_•~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•~_•_~_•~_•_~_•_~_•_~_•_~_

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 13 Withch10

~•~
She was coiled up on her bed—twining her fingers in Nightmare’s fur. She was cooing at him in a delicate undertone... Until a maid came bursting in. “Ma’am, there’s another intern here,”
Irène flickered a stern glance at the housemaid. “Let her or him inside... We don’t want to look like impolite misfits, now, do we?” She elbowed her cat aside and found her feet. “Let’s go.”
The servant bobbed her head weakly and trudged out of the room, her boss right on her heels, and she unclasped the front door to the new intern. “Why... ‘Eylo, there!” chanted Irène.

~•~

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 13 Vanill10
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down