The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ |

4 posters

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 3 Empty Re: | ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ |

Post by Komoda 4/6/2010, 7:01 pm

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 3 2n0su40
And so this addiction was all I had, the only thing to halt my fall…

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~ *

Spying on Bree from a distance, I decided to move in; I wanted to see why she so hastily closed the door without exploring. Pushing past her, I took a peek at the room. The sight of its glory standing before me made my breath hitch. It had this gothic aura reminded me so violently of my coven that I almost felt homesick. I wondered if all the rooms were this style, for it would be absolutely perfect for me.

With an amused smirk playing across my lips, I closed the door softly and backed away. "So what did you think of that room?" I asked Bree casually, as if I was simply wondering if it was an option for me to take. My underlying motives however, weren't so innocent.

Rocus Van Alton ; Age 32
| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 3 28icjn5
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/6/2010, 7:15 pm

({ Got a little distracted with it, but I finally finished mah HW. X) })

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
~•~
The remnants of her bewildered expression was her raised eyebrow and the creases on her forehead. “Heh...” she broke off, wondering if she was feeling easy enough to chime into a conversation. She took a breath to steady herself, then tried again; “I’m at a loss for words. It was... absolutely drop-dead, really...” she lied. “So... exquisite...” The hand not supporting luggage flexed, and balled into a tight fist. The nails digging into her palm weren’t disturbing her as the room she’d just seen.

~•~

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 5/4/2010, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2947

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/6/2010, 7:21 pm

I couldn't even suppress my snicker. She was just so... Adorably shy. I realized I would have a great deal of fun playing with this girl. That was, if she wasn't smart enough to run away while she could.

"Ah, I agree with you completely," I breezed smoothly once I had composed myself. "Exquisite is the perfect word to describe it. I was considering taking it for myself before, but you seem to enjoy it so much... You can have it."

I smirked smugly, a twinkle in the darkness of my eyes.

Rocus Van Alton ; Age 32
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/6/2010, 7:31 pm

({ The reply's coming up... })
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/6/2010, 7:33 pm

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 3 Coolio10
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
~•~
As her thoughts drifted to actually living in there, her stomach knotted and clenched. With vague adrenaline-induced strength, she gulped and took a step back. She still had a feeling her throat would close and she’d start sobbing, or something. But she kept a straight face. She tried to mirror his joking bravado, but she just couldn’t. She wondered if he just looked at everyone that way. But, she also wondered what brought the whole thing on. “I guess all of the rooms would look the same to me,” she told him, pleased that her sentence was made without a quake in her voice. In spite of that, she was ashamed that her muscles now trembled instead of her voice. Even more ashamed now than ever, because the trembling had nothing to do with fatigue or terror, just the bloody nerves.
~•~

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 5/4/2010, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/6/2010, 7:44 pm

I was pleasantly surprised with the bravery in her answer, so much so that I almost decided to leave the girl alone. Almost

"In that case, so not to inconvenience our hostess, perhaps it would be best if you just took this one and I took the one beside it. Just a friendly suggestion; we don't want to keep her waiting after all, now do we? Although, it really is entirely up to you," I suggested, trying to sound confident rather than suspicious. Of course, it was difficult. Like her, my muscles too were trembling. I was weak, hungry, and the cravings were torturing me. Although I was human, when you came accustomed to drinking blood excessively, you could really smell it on a person. Some times it was helpful, for the scent grew stronger during certain emotions and allowed me to predict moods... But other times like this, it just gave me a loss of control. I vaguely wondered if she could hear the growls of my stomach.

Rocus Van Alton ; Age 32
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/6/2010, 7:55 pm

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
~•~
A chuckle snuffed out of her nose. “Am I not allowed a passing of judgment on this dilemma of mine with gothic decor? And, under a consideration that wasn’t mine to begin with,” She smiled radiantly at how straightaway she sounded so blasé, calm, and together. “What made you think of giving me that consideration, anyway? And, above all else, why do you want your room to be so close to mine, at first hand?” Her abrupt new mood never wavered. Her expression was graven on like she wore a mask. She pulled together a face of triumph that made her eyes give off sparks.
~•~

({ Sorry if it took long enough! O_O })

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 5/4/2010, 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/6/2010, 8:06 pm

(Must eat supper, sorry!)

I narrowed my eyes. I definitely underestimated her intelligence, so much so that in my fragile state of mind I actually had begun to panic.

Still, I tried to keep calm. "What are you suggesting, Bree?" I asked, an eyebrow raised tauntingly. "I was merely considering Mrs. McCinley's feelings; we must impress her, after all."

Keep it smooth, non defensive...

Rocus Van Alton ; Age 24
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/6/2010, 8:13 pm

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
~•~
“Spiacente, non parlo l'italiano,” she told him in light-hearted bliss. Her smile stretched wider and the upbeat expression in her eyes bloomed in harmony. “Unless you were actually talking incomprehensible French, sir. Or Dutch. No? Then, maybe you were even talking fluid English, but you answered my question with another. And that just doesn’t happen when you’re talking to anyone in any language, in any way, shape, or form.” She shook her head lightly. “Nope.” She popped her lip on the p.
~•~

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 5/4/2010, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/6/2010, 8:46 pm

(Sorry this took so long! T.T)

Taken aback, I studied her features silently. It has seemed I made the wrong moves, brought out this more outgoing and sure side of her. I needed to get her cornered, into a vulnerable state. But how...?

"Oh, pardon my English," I murmured, "I wouldn't have done such a thing like asking you a question had I know you would go this far to avoid it. Nonetheless, I suppose I'll be doing the answering now,"

I cleared my throat, mulling silently over how I could answer without suspicion.

"Yes, of course you have every right to judge the gothic decor by yourself. You did mention that it was exquisite after all, so I merely interpreted that as you liking it," I paused, letting a slight grin spring from the corners of mymouth, "I didn't realize it was such a dilemma for you," I dragged out the bolded words tauntingly before moving on to the other question, "And I suppose I wanted to have a room near yours merely because I was so eager to get outside for my regular dose of nicotine that I didn't want to waste my time exploring the mansion further than necessary. But if my presence is a bother, I can take a different room further away."

Rocus Van Alton ; Age 24
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/6/2010, 9:03 pm

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
~•~
Her eyes went wide and her face fell, and was set carefully blank. “Okay,” she said flatly. “I always wanted to help some druggie pill-popper like give up tobacco.” She forced the corners of her mouth to twist up into a snide grin. “Whataya say? It’ll both do us some good,” Pushing herself into motion, she stepped around him, entered her new room, threw her luggage on the bed, and, finally, wrenched the door to a close behind her. Her breath hitched onto a gutsy sigh of guilt and affliction when she saw him, again. “Don’t take the whole junkie thing personally. And, I’m not an expert, but I’ll try to help you no matter how swollen-headed you seem to be. I bet you won’t be the worst company in the world once I get to know you, in any case and regardless of what I currently pass you off to be...” She smiled delicately.
~•~

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 5/4/2010, 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/6/2010, 9:13 pm

Inwardly, my mind was screaming with victory. It took such little effort, yet I already had her alone! I could devour her right now if I wanted to... But now, I would have to wait.

Trying not to take any of the negative comments personally, I attempted a pleasing smile. "Of course I wasn't at all asking for your help, but if you insist... I guess I can listen to a few of your tips," I said, finding myself starting to abandon my previous formal choice of words. I couldn't act so stiff and unrealistically mature if I wanted to earn her trust, after all.

"Well what do you have in mind?" I asked slowly, "I haven't really ever tried to get rid of my addictions before, so I'm pretty much open to whatever tests you want to do."

I just can't let her find out I'm in to heroine. I can't give that up... I thought with a nagging worry.

Rocus Van Alton ; Age 24
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/7/2010, 7:13 am

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
~•~
Dread suddenly sifted through her, and she slumped back into a defeated stillness. “Don’t think I used to be a druggie, too. But, I already helped my mother stop on a whim. It was one of the most happiest days of my life,” she asseverated, hoping it would give her a tinge of confidence, and it did. Given her brand new expression, she assumed he probably wondered why she just didn’t start singing the catchiest song she knew, or break into a touchdown dance. She puffed out air, looking away, flicking a glance at a wall. “Every day, since you smoke daily, I suggest you delay lighting your first cigarette one hour. And if that doesn’t work, hide your lighters and ashtrays and cigarettes. And, finally, always list all of the reasons why you want to quit. Every night before going to bed, repeat one of the reasons 10 times. Don’t tell yourself quitting will be difficult because that doubt is going to come back and eat away at you until there’s no part of you left that retains sanity. And I trust you can do this, Rocus... If that should help, at all...”
~•~

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 5/4/2010, 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 3:46 pm

(If I knew you were on I woulda replied sooner! Sorry, got caught up in blogging. T.T)

I hung on to what she was saying, going over it with silence. I had three main goals at the present moment.

1) To make a good impression on Mrs. McClinsey
2) To make some money
3) To get a taste of Bree's blood

All goals fit together quite nicely, except for the latter one. But with more thought, maybe it did afterall... With my predator instincts on overdrive, drugs wouldn't be enough. If I had Bree, I could calm myself down, thus making a better impression and earning money in the long run.

With that in mind, I would have to focus on her advice and stay with purely heroine the best I could.

At last, I said, "Thank you so much for the advice. I'm sure it'll help me a lot with my problem," I paused for a moment in thought before adding, "You're really so considerate for helping me with this. I'm grateful, and I'll be sure to stick with it the best I can. Is there any way I can return your favor?"

Rocus Van Alton ; Age 24
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/7/2010, 3:53 pm

({ Oooh! And sorry I hadn't realized you replied until just now! >,< })
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 3:55 pm

(It's perfectly fine. :3)
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/7/2010, 4:03 pm

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
~•~
Her young features creased in disapproval. “Much to my dismay, I’m asking absolutely nothing in return. I’m doing this for your benefit, and none of mine... I never asked for that much, anyway. I respect your graciousness on the manner and that’s just the end of it,” she murmured assuredly beyond the shadow of any doubt. “And, if I could ask anything at all from you it would be to stop your addictions and a likeliness for us to become friends for Miss McClinsey.”
~•~

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 5/4/2010, 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 4:10 pm

Though I momentarily admired how selfless the girl seemed, I pushed that aside. After all, it was personality qualities like that that got you killed, wasn't it? I couldn't let any respect for her get in the way of my goal.

I let a friendly smile appear on my face. "Of course. I can assure you that I'll try my best to put a stop to my addictions, and you don't even need to ask of me to consider becoming friends with you. Whether for Ms. McClinsey or not, it appears we're on good terms anyway, no? I would be delighted to get to know you better either way."

Rocus Van Alton ; Age 24

Last edited by Komoda2000 on 4/7/2010, 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Template revived)
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/7/2010, 4:14 pm

({ The reply was all asap b'cause I need to go eat supper. I'll be back super-duper quickly b'fore you could even say Jack Robinson! })

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
~•~
Her lips parted into a smile. “I like people who know that the only way to have a friend is to be one. Thanks for telling me that, you already treat me like a friend... and I already treat you like a friend... so, I guess we are friends now, right...?”
~•~

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 5/4/2010, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 4:24 pm

(It's okay, no need to rush. Smile I have a template to make right now, anyway)

I took a moment to ponder the thought. A friend... Well, I've always been told that they do nothing but hold you back. Then again, this was all a facade anyway.

"Yes. Friends," I affirmed, "Although, I guess it all depends what you mean by that. There are different types of friends, after all."

It was a test. A test to see her level of trust in me. She was unpredictable, after all. I learned that not long ago.

Rocus Van Alton ; Age 24
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/7/2010, 4:37 pm

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
~•~
“I think of you as a confidant-type friend, y’know, one to whom secret and private matters are... sort of revealed, I guess. Just because you’re being honest with me I’ll do the same with you. You just took the wraps off your most deepest and darkest secret for me, to be exact. Tell me what you want to know about me, and I’ll tell you. Just to sum this secret-disclosing thing we’ve got, here...” She grinned brashly. Brash like the sentence she’d just used. So unthinking and heedless. Yet so resigned and companionable.
~•~

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 5/4/2010, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 4:46 pm

I glanced at her with suspicion. Something was positively not right about this. She had turned my test into a test of her own; which I should have expected her to do, knowing her undeniable logic.

"Ah, alright. All's fair, I suppose," I muttered, thinking up a question, "Well, there's nothing in particular that I'm curious about..." Except for maybe her blood type, "So, I guess I'll just ask you this. Normally people, for whatever reason I can't imagine, are intimidated by my presence. So whatever keeps you so calm...? You're such a natural at social situations, I'm almost envious."

I looked at her wonderingly, biting my the edge of my thumbnail with my eyes narrowed into slits. I hoped I didn't come across as too cocky, but I couldn't help my nature.

Rocus Van Alton ; Age 24
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/7/2010, 5:02 pm

({ Got distracted, I had to go walk the dogs around the block... but I jogged them, instead. X3 })

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 3 Pwetty10
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
~•~
“But... I don’t get it... You are not in any way a nuisance or a bother, Rocus. Everyone who’s ever told you otherwise are just jerks that really didn’t take the time to try to get their head ‘round you and sympathize with you. At least... I mean... I guess I just have enough compassion for that. It’s nothing to me, being with you, because I’m used to people like you and they are what made me the irresolute coward I am, today. But, you’re a different jerk. You’re a nice jerk. Because you only have a few false beliefs your in your head about yourself. Beliefs that are commonly held and that never occurs to you when you question them... beliefs about what you are. You are good, Rocus. Remind yourself that, everyday...”
~•~

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 5/4/2010, 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 4/7/2010, 5:19 pm

(Lol, it's fine. I'm even slower. >.<)

I was completely dumbfounded by what she said. This was the second time she had rendered me speechless in such a short time. I couldn't even explain what I felt right then and there... Was that what it felt like? To receive a compliment... Never before in my life had it happened to me before, especially from a female.

I rubbed the back of my neck, almost in a modest matter. It looked natural, maybe bashful, but I was really trying to calm myself down. She shouldn't have said that. Making me feel even slightly good about myself made my primal instinct even worse than it already was. The blood, always tempting...

"Wow... I don't know what to say," I half chuckled, honest for once. "Thank you, Bree. You're a lot more kind to me than I deserve. It's nice to talk to such a brilliant young woman. You shine, you really do."

I didn't even know what I was saying. If I had any sense of impulse control, I'd get the heck out of there before I ended up killing her.

Rocus Van Alton ; Age 24
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Aura 4/7/2010, 5:33 pm

| ~♦~ Dark Intrigue ~♦~ | - Page 3 Pwetty10
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
({ Got distracted. I have my reasons. It will not happen again. :3 })

~•~
”No,” she protested with a snort. “Thank you.” She spun on her heel, kicking her hostess into her line of sight before she strolled over to Irène. As she got further away from him, her jaw relaxed and her stomach unknotted. She brought her hand of the remove the evidence of a bead of sweat there on her forehead; evidence that she tried hard. She tried very hard to stifle her nerves and do Rocus some good. It was all well worth it.
~•~

Last edited by Crystal Aura on 5/4/2010, 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Crystal Aura
Crystal Aura
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down