The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Featureds for May

+7
Komoda
Jesus4Eternity
FOREIGN?!
Cyn431
Arianna
Avé
shadowsowner888
11 posters

Go down

Featureds for May Empty Featureds for May

Post by shadowsowner888 5/6/2010, 11:01 am

~`~`~Story~´~´~
We got a couple of ties this month around, and Shadow Knows Our Last Name by amazon and Just One Night by <3--[Emily]--<< are only one pair. ^^ Jen's story seems to be an attempt to convince everyone of just how evil I really can be, based on a dream she once had, while Em's is a more romantic piece based on her real life. You're sure to enjoy them both!

Interviews:

Just One Night:

What inspired you to write this story? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
I was in the car with my dad when he told me about his first marriage and how they met. After that I just added more depth to it and just thought it was a really sweet story. I was inspired about two or three months ago. I also guess that my friend's on here(Cassie, Leah, Ells) and Monique really helped with their supports and compliments, so I guess they really were a big part of the inspiration.

Have you enjoyed writing the story? Is it easy?
Yes, I have enjoyed writing it! I love to see everyone's reaction, which really helps me to get through the next chapter. And it has been pretty easy. Yes there are times where I get sick of it, or I have writers block, but I only write when I want to, so yes it has been easy (:

How did you choose its name? In your head, is this the perfect name, or are you still looking for a better one?
I chose the name Just One Night because it really only took one night for Lindsay & Jason to fall for each other. That & the line from Dear John where it says "Tomorrow you'll be gone but tonight your here". I'm not really sure if it fits; I guess you'd have to ask whoever has read it. At first I hated the name and was asking for name suggestions, but now it's growing on me. (:

What is it about the story that you think other members like?
I'm not really sure, I'd have to think about this one. I'd hope that they'd like it because of my style of writing, but there's also a lot of suspense and romance in my stories. So, I guess it's because it's a cute story with a lot of surprises and an even more shocking end(you'll have to keep reading to find out!)

What's your favorite part of the story?
My favorite part is still to come and I really look forward to writing it! It's when Monique & her fiance visit and things get a little competitive between the two best friends.

Shadow Knows Our Last Name:

What inspired you to write this story? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
Well I probably wrote it on 3/2/2010 because that's when I posted the thread nod I had a dream that was basically the story....so yeah xD The dream kind of creeped me out, thought o.O'

Have you enjoyed writing the story? Is it easy?
I did enjoy writing the story nod I wrote it in my World Studies class.....I'm trying to think of why I wrote it then.....if class was going on... 0.0
It was fun. nod I simply just had to get it down on paper before I forgot it xD I was cracking up when I wrote it xP

How did you choose its name? In your head, is this the perfect name, or are you still looking for a better one?
Well......I thought that the title was a 'hook' (or wait, hooks are for thesis statements.......oh well xD You get the point.). 'Shadow Knows Our Last Name' sounds like an interesting title nod

What is it about the story that you think other members like?
Umm.....I (think) that it might have to do with shadow being involved, as well as all of the other members of TWIG nod , but I'm not all that sure o.O I have no idea why my story was nominated XO

What's your favorite part of the story?
Ehh.....if the story was real, then I probably would have hated all of it......because shadow knowing my name and telling everyone kind of sucked....xD
But since its not real, I like the part where everyone finds out my last name. It gives the story an interesting twist! =)

Second runner-up: Elizabeth Sparks, the Midnight Daughter - ckony & Too Many Answers - Komoda

~`~`~Poem~´~´~
Ave, as brilliant a poet as ever, wrote Silent Screams & Silhouettes. You can see what a good writer she is with the beautiful words and formatting here. :3

Interview:

What inspired you to write the poem? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
It was inspired by a song that I once heard at church, about finding God. I had the idea for a while, actually.

Did you enjoy writing the poem? Was it difficult?
It wasn't that hard, considering that I already had the idea and what I was going write in my head, but yes - it was fun.

I can't really remember how I chose it's name. I think Foreign gave it to me, actually; she was helping me write it. But, yes, I do think it's a pretty good name - I like the alliteration in it.

What is it about the poem that you think other members like?
-shrug- I can't really be sure. XD

What part of the poem do you like best?
The end, I guess. I like the whole poem is about finding strength, love, hate, hope, etc., and then at the end, it's like, "Woah. While finding all those things, you lost yourself.

Second runner-up: July Lights - PugsRock & Never Love a Wild Thing - FOREIGN?! & You're Gone - SaddleClub

~`~`~Roleplays~´~´~
Even if this one is only an autosplit temporary thread, we all know that [mandy]</3 is the only one who can take true credit for creating the fantastic The Secret Waterfall. In this roleplay you play a person who falls over a waterfall into a little secret place, and finds themself stranded there for the rest of their life. Very Happy What fun!

Interview:

What inspired you to create the roleplay? How long ago did the inspiration strike?
Actually, I created this role play, a year ago. May 1st was the first anniversary. Originally, I posted this role play on bearvilleinsider.com, and people loved it. TSW was the dominating role play for almost a full year. When I started getting into role plays a little more, and wasn't fond with all of rules on BI, so I came here.
Now, I was inspired to write TSW when I had a dream about a magical world that was full of children. There was a waterfall that was only about 10 feet tall, and a bunch of dust and sparkles were coming off of it, along with butterflies and such. When I woke up, I knew I should make it a role play. (:

Have you enjoyed running the RP? Is it challenging?
Honestly, without TSW, my computer life would be nothing. So yes. I absolutely love it. Sometimes, I suppose it can get a tad challenging, but that's just because sometimes I have a bunch of forms to post at once. But, I truly do love it.

Do you feel it's going well? Why or why not? Are there any upcoming changes?
The Secret Waterfall is wonderful and going perfectly. I love how often there are posts from different people. TSW had always been great. And actually, there are a few changes coming up. Lately, I have been asking the members to send me ideas that they think would be cool for TSW. I have been looking through them, and 'm thrilled with the outcome. So you guys will see soon!

What is it about the RP that you think its members enjoy?
I think for one thing, the fantasy. Fantasy, magical powers, and mystical powers. Totally adicting. Smile Another thing they love is the drama. I myself am a drama queen when it comes to my writing. Romance, fighting... all of that. (:

What part of the roleplay do you enjoy most?
I love a lot of things about TSW. Mostly how fun it is. But I suppose it would also be all the drama and how totally into it I, and everyone else, can get. (:

Second runner-up: Megatokyo - shadowsowner888 & Hikaru No Go - Miss_Miyu & Rose, Mist, Bramble, Storm, Half, Vamp, and Were - shadowsowner888 & Dark Intrigue - CrystalAura & Fly With Us - Miss_Alice & S.S. Hook Up - <3--[Emily]--<<

~`~`~Member~´~´~
Wheee, now for the main and event! Very Happy Okay, I'll just come out and say it - Ave and Jesus4Eternity (aka Amanda) are our featured members this month! ^^ Woot woot! Ave is that brilliant poet, as I already said, and also an epic roleplayer - a trait she shares with Amanda, a wonderful Christian moderator here. I do hope you already knew that, though. xD

Interviews:

Jesus4Eternity:

What originally made you decide to join our little community? ^^ Where did you hear about it? So I could write stories/fanficitons with romance and violence without being yelled at. I heard about Twig from Shadow herself, and recieved the original PM from her. ^^

Why are you a writer? How long have you been one?
So I can live in my own little world and have an excuse. xD, no, so I can be in control and create characters and plots. Very Happy
Uhm... Kindergarten, at least. Before then, I wanted to be a baker that made birthday cakes. xD

What's the reasoning behind your username? Do you have any cool nicknames?
I love Jesus, and it was really awesome. Very Happy
...Amanda Panda? Amanda? HPF?...
OOH! Popcorn With Hair! The Caper! Um... I'm blank now. xD

What was the first thing you ever wrote for fun?
A story about when the people from Winnie the Pooh met the Magic School Bus people. XD

What's your favorite color and animal? Why?
PURPLE. It's pretty. But I wear light blue more, 'cuz it looks better on me. Animal? Uh... dolphin. They're sleek, pretty, and can slice through the water.

What kind of music do you like, and why? Is there any music that you find particularly inspiring?
Christian music- I know it's not going to have topics I'm nto comfortable with. Um... Shadow's music really inspires me, actually. <3

What part of Twig do you enjoy most?
PRIVATEROLEPLAYS. End of story.

Congratulations, you're the new site owner! Just kidding, but pretend for a moment longer. What's the first thing you're going to do?
Seriously?! Awww, you're mean. I wanna own the site. xD
...Um...
OOH! Make Spongebob the new mascot! [Sorry, Spongebob is on. xD]
...I have no idea, I like it this way. xD

Ave:

What originally made you decide to join our little community? ^^ Where did you hear about it?
I PMed Shadow, asking her for the link to her site, which I thought was Roleplay Central. Turns out I was wrong; I joined Twig, though, and realized it was so much better.

Why are you a writer? How long have you been one?
I've been a writer for as long as I can remember. When I was younger, I would always love when the teacher assigned us a project or something where we had to write a story. I've always enjoyed telling the story myself and choosing what I want to happen.

What's the reasoning behind your username? Do you have any cool nicknames?
You know, I don't even remember why I chose Ave. It was the username I had when I joined Dsrp, and I guess I've used it ever since. As for nicknames... well, the most common one is Ave, though I've been called Avvles and Dude Avvy (Shadow... Rolling Eyes ) before.

What was the first thing you ever wrote for fun?
The only thing I can remember is this poem about animals. It was pretty bad. xD

What's your favorite color and animal? Why?
My favorite color is probably red. I used to absolutely hate it, but for some reason, I don't anymore. As for my favorite animal... probably mountain goats. ^_^

What kind of music do you like, and why? Is there any music that you find particularly inspiring?
I really like any kind of music - I mean, it all depends on the band and the types of songs they have. My personal favorites are Rascal Flatts, the Offspring, All-American Rejects, Dir en Grey (hence the avatar), All Time Low, Toby Keith... I could go on and on.

What part of Twig do you enjoy most?
Probably the poetry section. ^^

Congratulations, you're the new site owner! Just kidding, but pretend for a moment longer. What's the first thing you're going to do?
I don't know. XD

Second runner-up: shadowsowner888

Well, better late than never! x3 Congrats everyone.

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 6/2/2010, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Featureds for May 1312Featureds for May 2412Featureds for May 3349Featureds for May 3548Featureds for May 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Featureds for May Empty Re: Featureds for May

Post by Avé 5/6/2010, 12:18 pm

Congrats, everyone! Very Happy
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/6/2010, 12:28 pm

Yayyy, congrats to everyone! Very Happy
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Featureds for May 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyn431 5/6/2010, 4:29 pm

Congratz peeps! Very Happy Y'all did good jobs!

*cough*candidate thread*cough*
Cyn431
Cyn431
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 5/6/2010, 8:37 pm

Salutes to the winners! Very Happy (I looked up synonyms for 'congratulations' and salute was one of them so I thought what the heck. xD)
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 5/6/2010, 8:51 pm

Duuuuudes. For some reason, I'm up there. ^^ I feel so special!

Anyway, congrats to everyone!
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Featureds for May Siggy
Featureds for May SiggyFeatureds for May Siggy
Featureds for May SiggyFeatureds for May Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 5/6/2010, 9:23 pm

It's 'cause you deserve it, 'Manda. nod
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/7/2010, 1:10 pm

And cus you're not a man, Manda! Very Happy In which case you don't deserve it for lying to us all. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Featureds for May 1312Featureds for May 2412Featureds for May 3349Featureds for May 3548Featureds for May 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 5/9/2010, 4:23 pm

Congratz to Amazon, Emily, Ave, Mandy and Amanda along with all the runner-ups! :3 You guys all totally deserved it.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy-Love 5/10/2010, 8:02 pm

Yay for me! ANd other ppl 2!!! xD
Mandy-Love
Mandy-Love
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

My mom thinks I'm cool...(:

So that means i AM pretty friggin amazing...

Featureds for May ?total=15000&sofar=7700&base=2
Female Posts : 4444

Back to top Go down

Post by SaddleClub 5/10/2010, 11:03 pm

Congrats to the winners!!! Very Happy (and thanks for whoever voted for my poem, even though I didn't win Smile)
SaddleClub
SaddleClub
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 15853

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy-Love 5/13/2010, 8:55 pm

Thanks so much again!!! xD
Mandy-Love
Mandy-Love
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by <3--[Emily]--<< 5/13/2010, 10:34 pm

Thanks for all of the voters!(:
<3--[Emily]--<<
<3--[Emily]--<<
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Forte -
Featureds for May Siggy

Shiner -
Featureds for May Siggy

Hearts -
Featureds for May Siggy

Master Emerald -
Featureds for May Siggy

Female Posts : 8434

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy-Love 5/14/2010, 6:00 pm

Totally!!!
Mandy-Love
Mandy-Love
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Back to top Go down

Post by •○•[Lemon-Licious]•○• 5/23/2010, 10:54 am

Congratz everyone!
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
•○•[Lemon-Licious]•○•
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Featureds for May SiggyFeatureds for May SiggyFeatureds for May SiggyFeatureds for May SiggyFeatureds for May SiggyFeatureds for May Siggy

TEE HEEE HEEE!!! Click THEM!! Do it!! Dooooo it! XD
Female Posts : 9714

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down