The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Featureds for March

+8
xSophiexx16
FOREIGN?!
Avé
Malicious Nightmares
Miss_Alice
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
rattyjol
shadowsowner888
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Featureds for March Empty Featureds for March

Post by shadowsowner888 3/1/2010, 10:27 pm

Woohoo! xP Finally updated, lol.

~`~`~Story~´~´~
Dragon Lover authored Friendship is Stronger Than Ice, a story about the life of a girl and her friends. It may seem fairly normal, but when they suddenly get thrown into danger, everything all explodes in their faces. nod Very, very riveting.

Interview:

What was your inspiration for FiSTI? How long have you had the idea?
Ooh, you made up an acronym, sick. xD Anyway--my inspiration was actually kinda plain. It had snowed one day, in...January or December, I believe, and my dad, sister[s] and I went out sledding. It was so cold out there, the air so crisp...I thought it was beautiful. As we were sledding, I was wondering what it would be like to be Bear Grylls or someone [aaah, hope I didn't butcher his name!] and survive. That's when I started to get the idea. Later, I believe I was talking to Noey when it came about in my head completely. And then I wrote! So, yeah, the idea's been here for a few months, not more than three.

Was it fun to write the story? How easy was it?
It is and was fun. =] Writing is almost always fun for me, except when Writer's Block strikes, or STML, and then, it's not as fun. It was kinda easy. The easier parts was the parts of me describing some of the characters, because I "borrowed" some of my "friend's" personalities for the job. As well, it was easy to describe the cold and snow, since I've lived in it all of my fourteen years.

Why do you think other members like the story?
To be honest, I don't know exactly...Maybe because it's pure awesomeness? Cool Hahaha, jk, that sounds so conceited. But I think they like it maybe cause of the characters? Personally I like making my characters likable, ah...connectible to kids my age. I also think they like it cause I'm sometimes good at making things dramaful. ^^

What's your favorite part of it, personally?
My favorite part...Is...I don't think I have a favorite part. I like almost allll of it. =] I'm not even sure what I dislike. xD

Second runner-up: Isolated, by Arianna

~`~`~Poem~´~´~
We all know Ave's poetry is awesome, don't we? It's no surprise that two of her poems tied for featured this month! Gri's song, The Trees Are Alive, is just as awesome in its own way, and so of course it too is the featured. Very Happy (Yes, it's a lot, I know. xD) Now, Gri's song is a progressive rock piece about . . . well, I'm sure you can tell. And Ave's pieces, Valentine's Day and Love to See You Cry are beautifully sad, with the epic formatting that Ave always has.

You can listen to The Trees Are Alive at this link.

Interviews:

Valentine's Day:
What was your inspiration for the poem? How long have you had the idea?
My inspiration? All those girls out there with broken hearts. It really sucks, and I had to write a poem about it. I had the idea a few days before Valentine's Day, hence the topic of the poem.

Was it fun to write the poem? How easy was it?
It was fun, definitely. I wrote it one night while watching American Idol and it just kind of came to me.

Why do you think other members like the poem?
Maybe because some people could relate to it? I'm not sure.

The Ben & Jerry's part. Yum. ^-^

The Trees Are Alive:
What was your inspiration for TTAA? How long have you had the idea?
In the middle of the night, the day before I wrote it (I think that night was a Friday, but I don't know the date,) I brushed my teeth and came up with this tune, singing about trees being alive. I was sorta inspired by Rush, (An awesome rockband) 'cause their songs are usually metaphorical and about random things. (One of theirs is about trees, too.)

Was it fun to write this song? How easy was it?
It was fun coming up with things the trees were doing to the village, and making it fit the rythym. It was pretty easy, although it took a couple hours (which I luckily could afford that Saturday) to write and even after the original recording and draft, I made some changes to the lyrics.

Why do you think other members like the song?
Because it's epic, and original, and because I whined. Smile

When the trees go up in great blue flames after "I" covered them in kerosene.

Love To See Your Cry:
What was your inspiration for the poem? How long have you had the idea?
Well, I guess my inspiration was a situation I was once in. You claim you love somebody, but they've done something wrong to you and that really makes you want to have the worst possible thing happen to them, no matter how much you deny it. The idea for the poem just came to me one night, I suppose.

Was it fun to write the poem? How easy was it?
It was fun to format it and all, but trying to get the lines to match up with the larger word and such... that was a challenge.

Why do you think other members like the poem?
I really can't be sure. Maybe the formatting?

I liked the quote about the raindrops and the tears. "Behind every tear is a story greater than that of a million raindrops", or something like that.

~`~`~Roleplays~´~´~
Ü Revol is the perfect place for those who simply want a romantic roleplay. It's a college RP where you dorm with someone of the opposite gender and end up falling in love. :3 Amazon had a really great idea behind it, don't you think?

Interview:

What was your inspiration for Ü Revol? How long have you had the idea?
Honestly, when I was thinking about what kind of roleplay I wanted to make, I was staring at my pig stuffed animals (no kidding XD), but the main reason was because I love roleplaying were there are boyfriends/girlfriends and love and that sort of thing. I wanted a roleplay that would be real life and full of love. The ideas for like what would happen in the roleplay just showed up in my mind...out of nowhere.
I had the idea for about a day XP I just wanted time to make sure I got everything right and done XD

Was it fun to make it? How easy was it?
It was fun to make it nod At first, it was easy. There weren't many members, but the threads went by fast. Now, there are a lot of members and at times it seems as though they go charrie crazy and start making a whole bunch of characters at once o.o So now, its a bit more difficult, but I still enjoy it a lot =3

Why do you think other members like the roleplay?
Personally, I think that its because of all the love. A lot of us are at the stage in life where we like someone but can't have them and in this roleplay its like....you're always with that person. =)

I love how you get your character to fall in love with another character and also you don't know how the other character will react. It seems really realistic.

Second runner-up: Secrets Can Be Kept, Black Cat

~`~`~Member~´~´~
Whoot for Akeria and Gri! Very Happy Two awesome moderators of ours with awesome senses of humor, I'm sure we'll all agree that they really deserve to be red. ^^

Interview:

Gri:
Why did you decide to join TWG? How did you hear about it?
Well, Shad's my sister, and I decided that I would support her website by joining it. . . and she told me about it. . .When she was thinking about making it.

How long have you been writing? What attracts you to writing?
I've been writing for 50 long years. Razz Jk. I've been writing a while and I don't remember exactly when I began. . . One or two years ago. I love writing, 'cause I can do whatever I want, and let it all out into my stories, and there's this magical thing called a lock that doesn't let mom see it.

How did you choose your username? Do you have any interesting nicknames?
Well, I am a strong supporter of the Apple corporation, and at the time, General Grievous was the character I was sort of fanning over, so I put the prefix "i" before Grievous 'cause you see the "i" before all apple product names. I don't really have any nicknames. On here, I'm Gri, and in RL, a lot of people call me "nick"

What was your first composition?
The rules section [come here first!]. Jk, I am on a roll! No, it was, I think the Epic Adventures of Greg[ory] White. But at the time I wrote it, it was nameless. Then it was "The Epic" and I then saw a possibility. . .

What's your favorite color, and why? Favorite animal?
Dark red, 'cause it's cool like that. And dark. Dark gray, 'cause it's plain, but not too white, and goes well with red (I say). And black, because it's plain, but not white, and it's dark. I like eagles, horses and wolves. Eagles, 'cause they're the coolest birds, horses, 'cause they're just cool, and wolves, because they're like doggies, except cooler looking.

What kind of music do you like, and why? Do you have a writing playlist?
Alternative (Like AAR), Alternative Rock (What I consider the Foo Fighters to be), Classic rock (Like The Who) and certain modern orchestral pieces (Like Howard Shore)

If you owned the site, what would you change and why? What would you keep the same?
I would be an administrator, we would have a bit more swearing freedom, there would be tons more people on and I'd win the Runescape Big Ticket. I would keep the mods, and myself, and I would be featured every day, just so I can keep making this section of the interview. xD (You know I'm kidding.)

Keri:
Why did you decide to join TWG? How did you hear about it?
I love writing, always have, and I was kinda sick of the rules that WI put down for stories. I know they were trying to be helpful, but they were too strict. Shadow told me about the new site, a few days before it opened. I came here, and never went back to WI. Very Happy

How long have you been writing? What attracts you to writing?
I wrote a song called *Believe* when I was five. It stunk. Razz And I never really tried creative writing up until fifth grade. (My mom told me that it was a waste of my time, and I wasn't good at it... It really hurt my feelings. Of course now, she's all over the fact that I'm writing. I kind of stood up to her in sixth grade and told her, that I wanted to. She says I could be the next J.K. Rowling now. Rolling Eyes)

How did you choose your username? Do you have any interesting nicknames?
My username at WI was cowattack3. It's pretty much a generic username of mine. I used to go on this RP there called Sunrise Pack, (First RP ever, yo!) and Akeria was the name of one of my wolves. People just started calling me that... Idk how it started. Now I use it as my pen name. Smile

What was your first composition?
Composition. That's a tough one. School wise, probably something stupid for first grade. Creative wise, I *think* it was Dakota, which was like an Eragon fan-fic. I re-read it a few years ago. It stinks. Razz

What's your favorite color, and why? Favorite animal?
I have three favorite colors, xD I love purple, because I feel like it's really warm and pretty, and I love yellow because I think it's really bright, and no one in my school ever wears yellow, and I like to stand out. I also like red, because it's powerful and... pretty. Very Happy Favorite animal. I love cows. I don't know why, they're just cool. And elephants!! ^^ They're amazing! And cats and dogs.... I don't have a favorite, really. xD

What kind of music do you like, and why? Do you have a writing playlist?
I love to listen to all different genres, erm... except country. Acoustic is okay though. I don't mind that. But I love alt. rock, classical, rock, pop, techno, electronica, everything. EXCEPT COUNTRY. smiley I doooooo have a writing playlist. Well, kinda. I make a new CD mix every month, so... I just use that. When I don't use that, I use my playlist called 'Scrambled Envy' which is every song I have, scrambled. Very Happy

If you owned the site, what would you change and why? What would you keep the same?
Twisted Evil Hehehe! I would make everyone bow down to me! no I would probably keep most of it the same. Maybe expand the composition section a little bit, make a section for freewrites? Yeah, I think that's it. Smile

Congrats everyone. ^^ You all did great!

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 4/2/2010, 8:57 am; edited 3 times in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Featureds for March 1312Featureds for March 2412Featureds for March 3349Featureds for March 3548Featureds for March 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Featureds for March Empty Re: Featureds for March

Post by rattyjol 3/1/2010, 10:55 pm

Haha, nice. xD -waits-
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 3/1/2010, 11:08 pm

*waits with Ratty*

Amazon can't wait. She loves the interviews...!!
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 9048

http://lovelyislovely.hot-me.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 3/1/2010, 11:12 pm

*also waits with Amazon and Ratty* :3
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6007

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 3/1/2010, 11:17 pm

*hands Alice a cookie and watches shadow with large eyes.*

No pressure, shadow XD
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 3/1/2010, 11:20 pm

Ooh! Cookie! *nibbles on cookie* :3

xD
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/1/2010, 11:20 pm

-whines- Hey, I want a cookie too!
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 3/1/2010, 11:21 pm

*breaks off half of her cookie and hands it to Ratty* There ya go. ^^
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 3/1/2010, 11:22 pm

*hands cookie to Ratty then eats the last cookie by myself*

Mmm....XD
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Amazon E Cullen 3/1/2010, 11:22 pm

Ratty got a cookie and a half o.o
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Mrs. Amazon E Cullen
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 3/1/2010, 11:22 pm

*grabs her cookie back*
No she didn't. ^^
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 3/1/2010, 11:24 pm

Give me that half! *whines* -,-

*waits with Ratt-Sama, Alice and Amazon*
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/1/2010, 11:26 pm

Can I wait with you guys? -rocks back and forth on feet-
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 3/1/2010, 11:26 pm

*hands Mia the half she had*

And sure Ave!

Last edited by Miss_Alice on 3/1/2010, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/1/2010, 11:27 pm

Yay! cheesy -eats cookie/s-
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicious Nightmares 3/1/2010, 11:28 pm

*breaks half of cookie in half* *hands half of half to Ave* :3
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/1/2010, 11:32 pm

I only get half of half? Geez. I'm leaving.

Haha, just kidding. Very Happy
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 3/1/2010, 11:35 pm

I wonder how this got from waiting for the features, to giving everyone cookies?

xD
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/2/2010, 10:42 am

*peeks in with big innocent eyes*
Can I have a waiting cookie? Shocked ( <- innocent eyes. )
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/2/2010, 11:15 am

-hands cookie-
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/2/2010, 2:40 pm

YEE! *hugs cookie* Gracias, Sra. Ratty. Very Happy
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by xSophiexx16 3/2/2010, 2:56 pm

Can I have a cookie... please?
I'll wait patiently if that's what I have to do to get a cookie.
xSophiexx16
xSophiexx16
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Featureds for March 3918Featureds for March 3919Featureds for March 4122Featureds for March 4123Featureds for March 4121Featureds for March 2005Featureds for March 4120Featureds for March 1703Featureds for March 1704Featureds for March 3920Featureds for March 1770Featureds for March 3918Featureds for March 3916Featureds for March 1697
Female Posts : 1778

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 3/2/2010, 3:34 pm

Aright, lets keep this on topic, please. Smile

And thanks to everyone who voted for me. I really appreciate it. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/2/2010, 5:04 pm

*remembers*
On topic. On topic. On topic.
xD
You deserve it, Keri! smiley
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Akeria 3/2/2010, 5:27 pm

Thanks forrey. Smile
Akeria
Published Author
Published Author

Click the word counter to get to my TwigWriSum story!
Female Posts : 3571

http://raceagainstmachines.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next