The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal Council,(The first book,)

2 posters

Go down

Animal Council,(The first book,) Empty Animal Council,(The first book,)

Post by Novastare 5/13/2010, 2:42 pm

Elena set quietly at her desk, tapping her pencil up and down. She sighed and looked at the clock, this lecture seemed to go on forever. In the back of her mind she could feel the words of her teacher go in one ear and out the other. Math never seemed to be enjoyable. It was her junior year and she seemed to be thinking only about next year. Her mind drifted to a dream she had last night. For a moment, the real world stood still and her body seemed to fly into a memory. There Elena stood, in the middle of a circle. Around the circle, there were many animals. Elena had never seen so many together like this. They were different though, each carried some sort of clothing and each had a stone around their neck. In the middle of the circle, beside her, she saw the body of her mother. She was lying motionless on the floor, and at that moment her sorrow returned to her. She had lost her mother two years ago, and the wounds were still fresh. She peered down and tears formed, so much so, that she didn't realize the sky was black. She heard a voice come from behind and she whipped her head around.

She saw a white cat walk toward her, waring a blue stone around her neck. Around her neck, also, was a studded collar that hung higher up then the stone. "We need you Elena!" The cat said, it's voice was small and high. Suddenly!! She heard a huge crash and her head flung up from the day dream. "Elena, pay attention!!" Came the voice of Mr Helmton, her teacher. She wiped her eyes and found that everyone was letting out a laugh. She smiled shyly at them. The bell gave a much needed awakening and the students crowded for the door. Elena turned around to glance out the window at the burning sun. Suddenly, she saw a white cat. It wore the same necklace and Elena's jaw dropped. "Something wrong?" Mollie said, who was Elena's dearest friend. Elena turned to look at her, "Yeah, that ca-" She cut off as she turned back. Only the cat was nowhere to be seen. "Oh, nothing," She said, smiling shyly.
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Animal Council,(The first book,) Empty Re: Animal Council,(The first book,)

Post by shadowsowner888 5/14/2010, 1:08 am

This seems cool, Nova! ^^ I'd like to see more.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Animal Council,(The first book,) 1312Animal Council,(The first book,) 2412Animal Council,(The first book,) 3349Animal Council,(The first book,) 3548Animal Council,(The first book,) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 5/16/2010, 12:08 am

(( Sorry, Iv'e been gone somewhere, I will write more soon. ))
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 5/16/2010, 12:20 am

Elena waved goodbye and struggled to get out the door. Kids were pushing and shoving, and with all her books, she seemed to be the fish in the current. She was pushed back and forth until, finally, she was pushed out the door. She looked around and noticed that her dad's car was not there.

"Late again," She mumbled, and started on her way for home.
She was walking down a normally crowded sidewalk. It was by an old abandoned house.

People said that the owners died and nobody would take it anymore. Stories were told that the house was haunted, Elena kept her distance. All of a sudden, she noticed the white cat. It was sitting, perched on the old fence that led to the haunted house.

"Spooky, just spooky..." She said. However, out of curiosity, she walked over to the cat. "And I suppose I'm accepted into Hogwarts now, right?" She said, sighing to herself for talking to a cat. Then the strangest thing she had ever seen, happened. The cat shook it's head and then darted for the house.

Elena was now scared, but she fallowed the cat anyway. Her steps led her in a dark old door and into a lightly lit room. It seemed to be lit by the window. She stopped to glance at the decorations and everything around her. There were pictures of old people, they all had a few features in common. There were chandeliers and paintings of flowers and houses. One special painting caught her eye. It was by a set of stairs and in the painting was a circle. It seemed very similar to something she had seen before. Around the circle there were animals, all kinds of them and they wore something. She leaned in closer, trying her best to make out the, "Crash!!!!"

She whipped around to see a vase, that set on the stairs, breaking. In replace of the vase, set a cat. "Don't scare me like that kitty." She said, walking gently toward it. The cat turned it's head slightly and then ran up the stairs. Elena looked up the stairs, trying to get a better view of what she was going to do next. And, probably, to see where that rotten cat had gone to.
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 5/16/2010, 12:31 am

(( Oh, thanks Shadow!))
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/16/2010, 8:55 am

:3 Oooh yay! Creepy! I like it. *waits for more*
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Animal Council,(The first book,) 1312Animal Council,(The first book,) 2412Animal Council,(The first book,) 3349Animal Council,(The first book,) 3548Animal Council,(The first book,) 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 5/16/2010, 11:06 am

Elena took one step up the crickety old stairs. Her foot steps seemed to echo around the house, this startled her nerves even more. The stairs were made of an old wood, but they seemed like they could hold for a few more years. They were round and seemed to twist up to the top of the house. Every so often, as she walked, she would see a glimpse of the cat's tail.

She reached the last step and was out of breath. She saw an old door at the very top, nothing else. Besides the cat that set watching her at the door, no other rooms or creatures seemed present. There was a strange light coming from the old door and Elena had to open it.

As her hand gently reached for the knob, her legs were shaking and only curiosity held them up.
The cat seemed to smile and he slipped through the door as soon as she opened it. The light was blinding, all she could see was the cat vanish into it.

She took her foot and stepped inside. She put her hand over her eyes so the light didn't blind them.
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/16/2010, 1:49 pm

*meep* What happens now? :O
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 5/16/2010, 2:42 pm

Her steps suddenly got quieter and her breath seemed to slow down. The room was warm and lit and filled with an aroma of flowers and different animal smells. She glanced around and it was much like her dream.
"So, the chosen one has arrived at last." Came a voice. The voice sounded like an older women of great knowledge.

She ignored it for a moment and took in the wonder. It was a round room with a circle. Around the circle set many animals. On the walls there were writings and pictures of creatures, they all told a story. It seemed like the mane focus pointed to the ceiling.

Above the circle, there was a painting of a sun. It shown bright and out from it flowed pictures of animals and plants. Along the sun, at the last creation, there was a human. She then observed the animals sitting in front of her. The white cat was the first to be looked upon and it set near a larger horse.

She glanced at them one by one, noticing that there was one of each original creature. There was one dog, one cat, one horse, one donkey, one lion, ect. Her jaw dropped and then met her mouth as her eyes met one finale creature in the circle. It was a donkey, an old and powerful looking creature. "Yes, thats me, my name is Destiny. I am the lead of the council." She said, it was the same voice as before.

"Woh!! you talk?! How?' She asked, very interested in this "Council" thing she spoke of.

Destiny smiled and then shook her mane. "There is time for that later, for now I will tell you our history. This is history that the human animals have seemed to forgot." She said, sounded disgusted at the word "human."
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/16/2010, 3:04 pm

Oooh, that's cool. o.0 I would love to be a chosen one . . .
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 5/16/2010, 3:19 pm

Elena was too involved to stop now, she set down in the middle and watched the donkey as she spoke.
"When the sun created out world, all was new. The world stood the balance of good and evil. However, in those new times, there was peace between the moon and the sun. The sun created many creatures to inhabit her world, but her finest of all, was said to the human. She created humans to look after her other creations and she often favored them more then the others. "

"She choose names for each and in that time, there was peace. However, the moon was jealous. The moon was the sun's brother and he grew angry that she had such beautiful creatures. And so, he breathed death into the world. He gave the animals and the humans doubt, and that was all they needed. He laughed as each killed the other and drank blood for the first time. "

"The sun, however, in time, taught her children balance and they learned from it. With this, the moon was angry and he breathed demons on the earth. Not only that, but he stole the sun's power and he cast her away. And for awhile, the earth was black."

"Animals shivered and died, until the human calmed the creatures and brought them together. He told them of the sun's power and that she would get it back. He made plans for one of each creature to come with him. And when the moon tried to wipe them out, they gave their skills to the human. The human then wiped the moon away and brought back the sun. She was grateful, and for a time, the moon and the sun agreed to share the world. But, as punishment, her creatures would mostly sleep during his time."

Elena watched the story unfold in the pictures as she told their history. She had heard some stories of the sun, but never told as this. The donkey shook her mane again.

"After that, the human forgot his duty and he began to think of himself above the rest. And since then, the council has chosen the human who can stand before us. This council and their positions have been passed down through the years, and now it passes to you. Take your species's place among the council, for darkness has once again spread it's wings."
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 5/16/2010, 3:20 pm

(( Lol Shadow, me too!! Thanks for reading, by the way, I was about to think nobody would. :/ ))
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/16/2010, 3:32 pm

No prob. :3 I'm enjoying it!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 5/17/2010, 8:31 pm

"And what does that have to do with me?" she asked, her eyebrows up and this information.
The donkey was wise and understood, she smiled. "You my child, are the new human. You are prophesied to bring the sun back. By calling on any one of the council members, you will gain our greatest power. By combining all our powers in one, you can bring the sun to rest." She said, but her expression changed to sadness after the words. "But, the moon and his human will stop you. The moon will choose a body to consume, an animal of sorts. Just as our sun has chosen the white cat." She said, her mouth pointing to the white cat who said nothing.

"She can understand you, but her power, beyond that, is limited." She said, nodding her head.

"Great! So why don't we combine right now before he has time?"

"Because we cannot, the demons who have consumed bodies of monsters will find you. They feed on legends, so beware, your worst nightmare is possible with them. These demons will hunt you and they keep the sun from returning by roaming the earth. You must take their lives before the whole planet is destroyed. Every day they walk the earth and feed, the sky grows darker and darker."

She finished speaking, and all the creatures nodded. The white cat arose and walked to Elena. Elena nodded, "Well, I'll try, for my mother. She always did love the sun. but, I cannot grantee I can take off from school every day." She added at last and the donkey walked over to her. "Good luck chosen one, whenever you are lost, call upon the animals wisdom to guide you. We are never too far away, simply speak through the crystal." She said, and put a crystal around Elena's neck.

The donkey then pushed her out the door and the room vanished.
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Novastare 6/1/2010, 2:05 pm

Elena was content on staying home that saturday. School was out for a bit, she still had one more week before summer. She sighed as she set comfortably on the couch.

Her eyes drew her back to the white cat staring ever so sweetly up at her. "Okay sun, do you have to do that every second?" She asked, her pen tapping on an unfinished poem.
She rolled her eyes as the cat didn't talk back. "I'm crazy," she told herself and she stared back at the paper. "I could really use an owl's perceptive touch on this paper," She told herself, wanting to get the owl poem finished for her project on night birds.
"I've got it! The donkey said something about me using powers, right? Lets try it out! I summon from the sun, something, something, something, make me an owl!" she said. As soon as she had said the words, the cat's necklace glowed. Elena sighed, nothing changed.
She groaned, suddenly she heard her dad calling. Elena turned her head, but not in any normal way. Her head turned all the way around. She quickly turned it back and her eyes widened. "WHAT?! Wait, did I just do that!!??" She said looking at the cat.
"Say what honey?" Her dad said, walking in the room.
Elena jumped from the couch and her notebook flung from her lap and her pen hit the white cat on the floor.
"What's wrong? you look as though you've seen a ghost?"

"Oh!! Nothing!" She said, looking down and rubbing the cat's head.
The white cat frowned and then looked up at her dad.

"Hey where did you get that cat?"

"Oh, I found her yesterday, can I keep her?!" I said, begging on my knees.

"Yeah, thats fine, I got to go to work." He said, walking out of the room as though nothing was weird about a white cat frowning.

Elena sighed, "that was close..."
Novastare
Novastare
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down