The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this.

+6
Jesus4Eternity
DreamCatcher81
iGrievous
Arianna
Komoda
shadowsowner888
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. Empty If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this.

Post by shadowsowner888 7/29/2009, 5:46 pm

Okay, so, firstly - I am not trying to, um, convert any Twilighters who are happily Twilighers. I just thought this was really important.

Anywho - who here's heard of A Nightmare on Elm Street? xD I think that's what it's called. It's this horror movie about a girl who's scared to go to sleep because this guy keeps trying to kill her. And she gets hurt in one of the dreams, and is still hurt when she wakes up, or something? I think. I saw it a long time ago.

Or to any of you who've read DS, how Kayla falls on the rock, and then wakes up bleeding. Razz

Well, that's not entirely fiction.

My mom was listening to this very reliable Catholic radio station - and I know you're not necessarily a Catholic, but you still need to read this - and so they had a brief talk about Twilight. I don't remember exactly what they said, but there was this girl who fell asleep reading Twilight. And then she woke up with scratches on her arms.

I don't know the details, and the priests on the radio admitted it's possible that she could've just scratched herself. But they really believed that it was the work of . . . um, demonic beings. And then they said stuff about Twilight is one of those things that like opens doors to let Satan into your life, and stuff like that.

It scared the heck out of me, just hearing about how she woke up with scratches. xP And I think my mom is seriously considering having me quit Twilight. But yeah, so, just be aware of this. And don't let yourselves get too obsessed with Twilight. It's dangerous to your soul.

(And I need a smiley to lighten the mood - drunken There we go! xD Anyway, yeah. That was really freaky to me, so sorry if I make any of you guys have nightmares. But you need to know.)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. 1312If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. 2412If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. 3349If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. 3548If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. Empty Re: If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this.

Post by Komoda 7/29/2009, 7:24 pm

Whoa... That's frightening. pale

And what creeps me out is that I've been reading stuff like that my whole life. I mean, I read and watch some much darker stuff than Twilight. I'm sure you know how I'm into horror movies and vampires and anything supernatural in general.

Like, I know so many people may say Twilight is dark, but it isn't. Compared to other vampire books, it's a ray of sunshine. So if a book like that has the power to summon demons or whatever, then imagine what everything else I've read and watched can do. :/ I'm sleeping with my bible and crucifix on from now on. XP

Lol, yeah I've heard of that show you were talking about. I think I watched it when I was like four. With Freddy Krouger? Yeah, my janitor has a poster of him in his office. XP

But as much as I may joke about matters like this, it actually scared me. When I hear about this stuff happening in real life, it freaks me out. Sometimes I worry about my story, too. Because you know how it's about mirrors? Well after I started writing it, there were two horror movies that came out about mirrors. One was called Mirrors, the other was called Unborn. I refuse to watch Mirrors because I don't want it to wreck the writing process for me, but I watched The Unborn without knowing it had mirrors in it. It would talk about how mirrors were a gateway for demons to possess people and things like that, so I really hope that my story won't encourage demonic spirits or anything. Maybe my computer crashing happened for a reason...
Oh gosh. Now I'm just scaring myself.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. Empty Re: If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this.

Post by shadowsowner888 7/30/2009, 9:39 am

Lol, and I know I shouldn't read Twilight anymore after this, and it's hard for me just to give up the idea. xP So I bet it's worse for you, since you're wayy into this stuff.

Yah! Very Happy Fred Krouger.

Huh . . . xP Ugh, that's creeping me. I worry about this stuff all the time, lol. Like after Totus Tuus last night, I went to take a shower. And even though everyone else was just down the stairs, I was scared to death at first. I didn't wanna look at the mirror, just cus I was imagining seeing some demonic face looking out at me, and I was constantly pulling the shower curtain back to look around. Even though the curtain was clear.

But going to bed was the worst part. xP Cus I had to pass the Twilight poster on my door . . . that dark look on Edward's face freaked me out so badly. So I just like glared at him and said, "Go away, Satan, in the name of Jesus. I don't want to be scared anymore."

Idk if it worked, but I wasn't so scared after a while of saying more stuff like that. xD It's good to know it works. The counselors at Totus Tuus told us that just saying Jesus's name is a prayer. The name itself has power. And other stuffs like that.

I say we need to pray, Mo. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. 1312If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. 2412If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. 3349If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. 3548If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/30/2009, 10:33 am

Yeah, but I'm not giving it up. XP I'll just put on my demon bashing gloves. Twisted Evil

That guy's creepy... Surprised

Yeah, I do that all of the time, too. Sorry if that scared you. Sad

Omg, Edward does always have the darkest look on his face. I have a cut out picture of the Cullens on my wall and before I read this, I actually subconsciously covered it with my Buffy dvd... Which actually isn't better, because there's a demon on the front of it. But I tried.

Oh, really? I'll have to try that sometime then.

Yes, I think we do.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/30/2009, 11:00 am

I'm glad I wear my rosary. x3 It's my sacramental, and I never take it off - OMG. I only take it off when I shower. And I get so freaked out when I take showers . . . affraid
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 7/30/2009, 11:19 am

That sure is creepy.. I'm not a christian, but I'm sort of happy that I'm past the peak of my twilight obsession right now. I don't exactly believe it, but if it is true - and I'm not saying that is isn't - then it's weird. For me, at least. I think that though twilight is a book which has... um... conflicting opinions in it, but that doesn't really make it demonic or anything. Just speaking my opinion, but feel free to delete this post if you want to Smile
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 7/30/2009, 11:30 am

Let's start a usergroup! We'll call it. . . Demon Hunters! And we'll try to help others from getting posessed and stuff, and we'll get some priests to teach us exorscism. Nah, just kidding about the last part.

I just have a little question. . . Anyone else here Catholic?
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/30/2009, 12:05 pm

That's completely fine. Smile A few of my RL friends didn't believe it either. xD I just tend to believe stuff like this . . . but, think about it. Twilight is about vampires and werewolves. They're supposed to be these dark, evil creatures, but Stephenie Meyer is portraying them as the good guys. (Some of them, anyway.)

Isn't that basically what Satan does about himself? Try to make us think that he's the good guy, and turn us away from God?

xD Oh, now I know what you were talking about. Lol, that would be interesting.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/30/2009, 12:39 pm

Then keep it on when you shower! XP I used to have a really nice rosary that had little fake diamonds in it but I lost it at my friend's house. Sad So now I have a real silver one with a garnet in the middle, which is awesome. So that'll be my new favourite necklace.

Yeah, I totally agree with you, Arianna. Like I said before, I've read worse. XP

Yeah, that would be sweet. I'm all for that idea, iGri!

Oh, good point, Shadow! I guess he does do that. But I love vamps whether or not they're good or evil, so yeah. XP

Haha, when I was little I had this whole theory that Satan was a good guy that was just trying to keep all the dead criminals in line. I think I got that from watching so many Greek Mythology shows, because Hades is kinda like that. Except he is a little bad, though not even close to as evil as Satan. According to what I've read about Hades, anyway. He more or less guards the underworld. Wait... That's Cerberus, I think... Augh, I'm confused. Okay, so Cerberus is his dog who guards the underworld and he's like the ruler guy. There we go.

And then Pan's just the cool, goat guy with horns who's like a third party. I love Pan. He's a total trouble maker and such a player but he's my favourite anyway. ^^ (He has nothing at all to do with anything, but I felt like mentioning him)
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/30/2009, 12:50 pm

Sweet. Very Happy Mine's actually a bracelet that I made myself - a bunch of red and white beads strung on a wire. x3 Which makes it easier to wear, considering I'm not big on necklaces.

Lol, yeah . . . I can't help but like Edward still, even though I had to divorce him. x3

Weeeeird. xD I just used to think that devils weren't real.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/30/2009, 12:56 pm

Oh, that sounds nice! Isn't it the one that your me-cat wears on RMBSHVWI?

Ah, I know how you feel. XP I've had many husbands in the past.

Lol, same with me. When I was real little, anyway. But I was the type of kid who would be scared of horror movie characters/evil stuff and then tell my parents a month later that I made friends with the things I was scared of. Which probably creeped the heck out of my parents, but uh.... I was an odd child. I had lots of imaginary friends, as I recall. It was weird because I was really scared of this dummy thing called Stevil or something. It was from this show but then I ended up being "friends" with him and I'd play checkers with him using goldfish crackers... Uh, don't ask. I just remember that for some reason. Oh, and then in grade 5, I decided I was going to convert myself to believing in Greek Mythology and all of their Gods and Goddesses. I just did weird stuff like that.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/30/2009, 1:07 pm

Ya. Very Happy

xD That, sadly, reminds me of Two.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iGrievous 7/30/2009, 1:08 pm

What do you say, Shad'? Demon Hunters?

It makes it a little more comforting to know that all evil in the world is caused by Satan.
iGrievous
iGrievous
Well-Known Author
Well-Known Author

Male Posts : 4596

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/30/2009, 1:10 pm

Two? *is confused*

Yeah, same here. Though I haven't even seen half of the evil out there.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/30/2009, 1:11 pm

PM me. xD But it's creepy.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/30/2009, 1:20 pm

Okay!! Very Happy
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/30/2009, 6:47 pm

Omg, look at what I found...

About Twilight:

You must step up at this time of crisis and save your young ones from the sinister clutches of Satan. If your kids have already read the books, it may be too late. I believe your best bet, at this point, would be to schedule an exorcism as soon as possible. At the very least, hold their head under water until bubbles stop coming up. (That’s the old school method).

However, if they do see this movie, there will be no turning back. My “inside” sources tell me that the movie industry (headed up by Satanic Jews) has put invisible vampire blood on each ticket stub. As soon as your love one touches the stub, they will be in a trance. Then, after they watch the movie, they will be fully transformed into a Satanic Army. The new title of this group will be Knights In Satan’s Service…or KISS.

This is like the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. I cut out most of this but these were two paragraphs of the articles that kinda made me laugh. I find it funny that people actually believe this. No offence to anyone who does believe it..

I mean, I believe the story you told, Shadow, because it's realistic. But this article on the other hand... Rolling Eyes Not saying that I don't believe that Satan exists, I just find it a little extreme to suggest that everyone who reads Twilight needs an exorcism and will become a part of the devil's army. Like really? XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/30/2009, 6:49 pm

OMG. xD That's extreme, but still freaky. But I'm certainly not possessed! So, yeah right.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 7/30/2009, 6:53 pm

Yeah, it is freaky. Imagine the guy's poor kids... If he's telling other people to drown their kids for reading Twilight, imagine what he does to his own?

Yeah, exactly. I don't know anyone who's read Twilight and it possessed so I'm pretty sure it's not true. XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/30/2009, 10:56 pm

That's freaky Shadz!!!! I don't know if I believe it or not though. . . I kinda think I do. But I used to be super freaked out about demons and stuff so this is kinda creepy. xD I'm way better than I used to be though.

I don't know if it's necisarrily Twilight though. Because Demon's can come through anything. They don't need a gate to get into it. They're Satan's followers and for the time being, Jesus lets Satan have a lot of control even though he monitors it. Plus, they're angels. Just fallen angels. So they naturally have a lot of power even though, like I said before, Jesus is watching and monitoring them and they can only do things if He permits them. Like Satan asked permission to sift Peter and Job and God gave him permission because He believed in them and knew they could persevere through the trials and that in the end they would grow closer to Him. So remember, God is still in total control of the situation.
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

If you're a Christian Twilighter, you wanna read this. Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/31/2009, 12:00 am

Ya, it's good too say Jesus, God, or LORD because Satan and the demons are afraid of him Shadow. Whenever I'm scared of stuff like that I sing Christian songs out loud that have one of those in them. I especially like the first verse of You Never Let Go. That's probably my favorite song now. Very Happy I'll find it on the internet and post it here. I have it memorized, but just to make sure I don't forget anything. . . I think I'll look up the lyrics. xD
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/31/2009, 8:08 am

DreamCatcher81 wrote:That's freaky Shadz!!!! I don't know if I believe it or not though. . . I kinda think I do. But I used to be super freaked out about demons and stuff so this is kinda creepy. xD I'm way better than I used to be though.

I don't know if it's necisarrily Twilight though. Because Demon's can come through anything. They don't need a gate to get into it. They're Satan's followers and for the time being, Jesus lets Satan have a lot of control even though he monitors it. Plus, they're angels. Just fallen angels. So they naturally have a lot of power even though, like I said before, Jesus is watching and monitoring them and they can only do things if He permits them. Like Satan asked permission to sift Peter and Job and God gave him permission because He believed in them and knew they could persevere through the trials and that in the end they would grow closer to Him. So remember, God is still in total control of the situation.

Lol, I hope I'll share your mind someday, then. xD I'm sick of getting freaked over this stuff. Just starting to read your post made me have to turn on the lights down here.

That's true, although by gate I picture more like a person who's been reading a lot of bad stuff like that . . . their soul is the gate, so if they're not entirely focused on God, then the devils can easily get through. xP Lol. So anyway, yeah.

DreamCatcher81 wrote:Ya, it's good too say Jesus, God, or LORD because Satan and the demons are afraid of him Shadow. Whenever I'm scared of stuff like that I sing Christian songs out loud that have one of those in them. I especially like the first verse of You Never Let Go. That's probably my favorite song now. Very Happy I'll find it on the internet and post it here. I have it memorized, but just to make sure I don't forget anything. . . I think I'll look up the lyrics. xD

I just start chanting, like, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus," and so on. xD Or I'll sing a nice Disney song. I like Disney songs.

Okay! Very Happy Haha, some Christian music I've started to like. xD As long as it's not the stuff you find in a hymnal.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/3/2009, 9:11 pm

shadowsowner888 wrote:
DreamCatcher81 wrote:That's freaky Shadz!!!! I don't know if I believe it or not though. . . I kinda think I do. But I used to be super freaked out about demons and stuff so this is kinda creepy. xD I'm way better than I used to be though.

Lol, I hope I'll share your mind someday, then. xD I'm sick of getting freaked over this stuff. Just starting to read your post made me have to turn on the lights down here.

That's true, although by gate I picture more like a person who's been reading a lot of bad stuff like that . . . their soul is the gate, so if they're not entirely focused on God, then the devils can easily get through. xP Lol. So anyway, yeah.

Yeah I know what you mean. Trust me, I'm still freaked out about them. That post makes me 10x braver. I was deathly afraid of ghosts, like I honestly thought they were real and would like come get me in my sleep! xD Even though it sounds funny now, I was honestly terrified of them. But then I found the verse about Lazarus the poor man and the rich man and how Abraham said that people in HEAVEN! can't leave it so at least if there's ghosts, they're from heaven and obviously good! Very Happy

Yeah same but although demon's can harm you, God is still watching over you and protecting you and you like can't get posessed by one unless you're not a follower. A true Christian can't be posessed by one.

DreamCatcher81 wrote:Ya, it's good too say Jesus, God, or LORD because Satan and the demons are afraid of him Shadow. Whenever I'm scared of stuff like that I sing Christian songs out loud that have one of those in them. I especially like the first verse of You Never Let Go. That's probably my favorite song now. Very Happy I'll find it on the internet and post it here. I have it memorized, but just to make sure I don't forget anything. . . I think I'll look up the lyrics. xD

shadowsowner888 wrote:I just start chanting, like, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus," and so on. xD Or I'll sing a nice Disney song. I like Disney songs.

Okay! Very Happy Haha, some Christian music I've started to like. xD As long as it's not the stuff you find in a hymnal.

I know what you mean!!! xD I don't even have hymnals at my church though. . . So. xD

Here's the lyrics to the first verse of You Never Let Go!

Matt Redman - You Never Let Go
From the album Passion 06: Everything Glorious

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me[/size]

Actually I found out it's the first two verses. . . But oh well! xD And I added in the chorus!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/3/2009, 9:15 pm

I feel smart 'cuz I know all this stuff about demons. xP But at camp we talked about our Christian fears and our cabin had a talk about the spiritual world because apperently I'm not the only one who's afraid of it. But I was the only one who wasn't afraid to say I had the fear! xD My counselor said I was her little visionary. . . I dont' know what that means. . . But I think it's good! xD She had names for all of us. It's funny though. 'Cuz we would start out in our Devotional books in one of the gospels and end up in like Revelations without the booklet!!! xD I learned a ton though!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/4/2009, 9:56 pm

Yeah same but although demon's can harm you, God is still watching over you and protecting you and you like can't get posessed by one unless you're not a follower. A true Christian can't be posessed by one.
Emily Rose was a true Christian yet she got possessed, but I suppose that's different because she was possessed by Lucifer himself and he's quite a bit stronger than regular demons, obviously XP. Usually you have to be religious to be possessed because the demons would see no point in trying to turn someone away from God who wasn't with God in the first place. That's what I've always believed, anyway. But it's probably true that the stronger your faith, the harder it is for a demon to possess you.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next