The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty

+2
shadowsowner888
rattyjol
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty

Post by shadowsowner888 6/7/2010, 10:53 pm

Haha, I'm glad! XD It was such a serious chapter that I felt I had to try and give it humor somewhere.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! x3

And Ratty, you know what, you're so right. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 1312Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 2412Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 3349Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 3548Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 Empty Re: Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty

Post by rattyjol 6/9/2010, 11:02 pm

Chapter 4 [by Ratty]
Sophia Kobayashi stopped outside her new house and unzipped her bag. She pawed around at the bottom for a bit before pulling out her keys - or key and keyring, she supposed, as she only had one - and unlocking the door.
“I’m home!” she called out in English, knowing that her mother hadn’t quite gotten the hang of Japanese yet.
When there was no reply, she followed the clanging noises to the kitchen, where she found her mother busy unpacking their rather large collection of pots and pans.
“Oh, Sophia,” Jennifer Kobayashi said, straightening up to smile at her daughter. “How was your first day of school?” Without waiting for a response, she continued, “The movers took your furniture up to your room, but I don’t know how you want it. Your father and some of the neighborhood boys can help you rearrange it if you’re not happy.”
“It was all right,” Sophia replied with a shrug. “And I’m sure it’s fine, Mum. I’ll be up in my room if you need me for anything.” She navigated around a stack of boxes and hurried up the stairs.
She closed the door to her new room behind her and sat down on her bare mattress; her sheets were still packed in a box somewhere. After a moment of relaxation she went over to her desk and reached for her bag, planning to work on the load of homework she’d already been given, but her hand encountered something besides her textbooks and pencil case. She pulled out the slim black notebook, trying to remembered where it had come from.
Right. She had picked it up in the courtyard to take it to the lost and found on the way out of school but had forgotten to stop and drop it off.
She examined the cover curiously. Death Note, she read silently, tracing her finger over the silver letters. Intrigued, she opened it up and began to read the instructions.
The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person’s face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person’s name, it will happen.
If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.

“What a load of rubbish,” she muttered, slamming the book shut without looking any further. She dropped it into the bottom drawer of her desk and started working on her homework.

After dinner that evening, Sophia stood and took her paper plate and cup to the trash (they hadn’t unpacked their dishes yet) and then started for the stairs, prepared to spend the rest of the evening reading up on Tokyo, the Kanto region, and Japan in general, when the doorbell rang.
“I’ll get it!” she called, running to open the door. A smiling woman holding a steaming pot, a good-looking boy who seemed seventeen or eighteen and not very happy to be there, and a girl around Sophia’s own age stood on the doorstep.
“Welcome!” the woman exclaimed in Japanese, over-cheerfully, in Sophia’s opinion. “I’m Sachiko Yagami, and these are my children, Light and Sayu. My husband, Soichiro, is still at work, but I’m sure he’d love to meet you. We live two houses down.” She handed Sophia her pot and pointed down the block.
“Nice to meet you,” Sophia’s father, Hiroto Kobayashi, replied in perfect Japanese. He’d lived the first fifteen years of his life there before emigrating to America and then to Great Britain. Jennifer smiled politely and took the pot.
“This smells wonderful,” she said in clumsy, heavily accented Japanese. “What is it?”
“Ah, you are British,” Mrs. Yagami said in English. “My apologies. It is nikujaga, a stew made traditionally from with beef and potatoes and flavored with sweet soy.”
Jennifer thanked her and took the pot into the kitchen.
“Excuse me,” the boy - Light, Sophia remembered, as it was an unusual name in both languages - said politely in flawless English. “I have studying I should get back to.”
“Of course,” Mrs. Yagami replied, smiling fondly at her son. “Sayu, why don’t you go back to the house as well?” The girl nodded and both of them left. Mrs. Yagami and Sophia’s father began chatting away in rapid-fire Japanese, too quick for Sophia to follow, so she excused herself and left.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/16/2010, 7:21 pm

What a brilliant chapter, Jack! Very Happy (Yeah, I just called you Jack. XD)

Hmm, so, it really was my turn to write a chapter. XD I'd forgotten for a while.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 1312Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 2412Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 3349Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 3548Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/16/2010, 7:53 pm

...Jack? If you say so... xD

nod I didn't say anything cuz I thought you might be working on it and didn't want to rush you. xD
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/16/2010, 8:49 pm

Lol, well, actually, I have it finished. rolleyes Or, well, almost. I wanna proofread it tonight first, just to make sure I didn't make any mistakes as a result of staying up so late. XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/16/2010, 8:58 pm

Aha. nod PM it tomorrow, then? Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/16/2010, 9:28 pm

If I'm on. I thought I wasn't gonna be on, and it still seems unlikely, but mom's going somewhere for a few hours so maybe I can sneak on. XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/16/2010, 9:29 pm

Yay! Very Happy But if you can't get on, that's fine, whenever you can. nod
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/21/2010, 3:12 pm

Chapter 5 [by the prime minister of your face]

Another angry mutter came from Matt. Sighing, Mello turned around to face him. He could barely make out his silhouette in the darkness of the alley they were in; all he saw was a slouching lump, so it must have been by intution that he knew Matt was scowling.

“What is it now?” Mello asked, preparing himself for another complaint about something to do with technology. Maybe, if Matt was feeling particularly upset, he’d even mention some metaphorical crap about feeling like an iPhone with no batteries.

“How much farther are we going?” Matt whined, slumping against the wall. “I have no energy.”

“You had no energy three hours ago.”

“I want my DS.”

“We’re not going back now, okay?! You’re the one who decided to come, so shut up already and keep your mind on what we’re doing!”

For a moment, there was no answer, and Mello almost worried that he’d made Matt mad. But finally, his friend just sighed and supported himself on his own two feet again, apparently ready to keep moving. “Well, if I do that . . .” Oh no, here it comes. “. . . you have to explain something to me.”

Mello drew his head back, frowning a little. “What?”

“What are we doing?” Mello could swear he saw Matt smirking, though it was still too dark to tell anything for sure.

“Didn’t I already explain this to you?” he sighed, though he was honestly relieved. That was ten times better than what he’d been expecting to have to answer.

This time, Mello was postive that Matt wore a smile. “Nope. You didn’t say a word.”

“Oh.” Mello turned and began walking again, and Matt for once followed willingly enough. “Well, I’m . . . looking.”

“For what? The latest deal on Wiis? Cus you could’ve just come to me for that, you know.”

“Very funny,” Mello snorted. “Video games have nothing to do with it, Matt. Haven’t you ever wondered how the heck we ended up at Wammy’s House in the first place?”

Matt’s footsteps stopped. “What do you mean?”

Mello, too, let himself slow to a halt. “I mean, why are we there instead of with whoever we were born with?”

There was a long silence, and then Matt actually laughed. “Mello, you really needed to get out, didn’t you?”

Mello sighed. “Well, if you don’t want to be here, leave.” Without another word, he continued forward, and by the time he finally heard Matt following him, he realized he’d never felt quite so relieved.

“I didn’t say I didn’t wanna be here, Mello. For the record,” Matt spoke up, and there was definitely a smirk in his voice. Somehow, Mello was even more grateful for it. “So, how exactly are we going about finding where we came from?”

“I don’t know, but we’ll figure it out somehow.”

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 6/25/2010, 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/21/2010, 8:11 pm

Yay! applause
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/22/2010, 3:52 pm

Why Ratty, so you like it? Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/22/2010, 8:05 pm

Yes I do, in fact. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/23/2010, 4:05 pm

I'm flattered! ^///^ I never thought in a million years that you would like it!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/2/2010, 8:29 pm

...Well this died. -.-
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/2/2010, 8:35 pm

Yep. Razz

It's up to you if you want to continue working on it. I mean, I'm working on that chapter, and I have no problem with continuing. Heck, I'm enjoying this, so even if we're the only ones here I'd have fun if we were to keep working on it. ^^ If you don't wanna anymore, though, that's fine by me.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/2/2010, 8:58 pm

No, I do. nod I guess I should post Near's chapter?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/2/2010, 9:02 pm

Okai! applause Yes then, if you could do so that'd be awesome.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/2/2010, 9:36 pm

Chapter 6 [by Ratty]
Near looked up from his dice tower, glancing around the empty rec room. It was so quiet without Matt and Mello around. He wondered what was taking so long. Maybe Matt had bugged Mello enough about playing Call of Duty that the blonde boy had taped his mouth shut and locked him in the closet or something of the sort. Wouldn’t be the first time.
Well, he might as well take advantage of being alone.
He got up and walked over to the computer (which was more Matt’s than anyone else’s), reaching for the mouse and double clicking on the blue Safari icon. The first thing he checked was whether there was a password protecting the “Clear History” option. Good, there wasn’t. Matt apparently had nothing to hide.
Near opened a new browser window and clicked on the Google bookmark. In the box he typed “Nate River.” There were only a few pages of results; apparently it wasn’t a very common name. He scrolled through them, but none of them looked promising. He supposed that was to be expected; it’s not like he went around posting his family tree on random genealogy sites. He didn’t even have a family tree, or at least not one that he knew.
On a whim, he deleted his previous search and typed in “Wammy.” There was only a single result, which he clicked on. It was password protected.
But one of the other Wammy kids had once taught him how to hack into any site or computer. He went to work, his face set in concentration.

An hour later, Near pressed the enter key on his keyboard. The little box asking for his password vanished from the screen, revealing a ridiculously simple site that consisted of a white background and plain black text. The title read “Wammy House information, for authorized eyes only.” Below it was a single link. Near clicked it and the download window popped up, the little blue bar showing the progress of the transfer. It only took a few minutes for the PDF to finish loading and pop up on the screen. Near skimmed it quickly. It was about twenty-five pages long, and seemed to consist mostly of photographs, birth certificates, and names and dates. Not wanting anyone to see what he was up to, Near set the PDF to print, then cleared the history, deleted the file, and shut down the computer. The last page slid out of the printer and he picked up the stack, checking that the hall was empty before quickly heading to his room and closing the door behind him.
He set the papers down on the floor and crouched beside them, thumbing through them quickly while looking at the headings and pictures. His eyes widened in surprise. This was exactly what he was looking for.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/3/2010, 8:49 am

Near's such a smarty. tongue I love how Mello and Matt are going on their little quest thing to find the information they could've easily gotten at Wammy's House. XD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/3/2010, 1:18 pm

IKR? xD It makes it more interesting, though. A bit boring to have them each do the same thing separately. Although if they did it together all of them fighting over the computer might've been funny... xD
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 7/3/2010, 2:20 pm

Yummy chapter! Very Happy *nomnomnoms up the chapter*
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 Siggy Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 Siggy Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 Siggy Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 5932

http://role-playemp.roflforum.net/forum.htm - Mine http://role-p

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/3/2010, 2:28 pm

Yay, someone posted! applause Thanks, Twarry. Very Happy

Just a question, though, how can a chapter be yummy? xD
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 7/4/2010, 8:13 am

True that. XD Well, I suppose they could always meet up again later and find another way to fight over the computer, if that's something we really want to incorporate.

Aww yay Twarry! :3 We're not alone! Thank you so much for commenting.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Twarry Matsuda 7/4/2010, 2:44 pm

Your welcome, Shad. Wink

I consider chapters like items of food, and every time you read one, you eat it! If it's an awesome chapter, it's your favorite food! And if it stinks, tongue, then it's.......your least favorite food.
I was going to say garlic, but I ♥️ garlic. :3
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Mrs. Twarry Matsuda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 Siggy Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 Siggy Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 Siggy Blank Pages |=||=| A Death Note fanfiction by Shadow and Ratty - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 5932

http://role-playemp.roflforum.net/forum.htm - Mine http://role-p

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/4/2010, 3:02 pm

Haha, no, no sense in twisting up the plot just for one scene. xD But if it works out that way, that'd be so hilarious. cheesy

Aha. nod Makes sense. Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next