The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presidential Case [x][-][x] A PRP for Aly and Ratty

2 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Presidential Case [x][-][x] A PRP for Aly and Ratty - Page 6 Empty Re: Presidential Case [x][-][x] A PRP for Aly and Ratty

Post by rattyjol 6/27/2010, 11:53 pm

Using a small screwdriver I just happened to have in my back pocket, I carefully detached the grate from the vent, leaning it against the wall. If all went according to plan, I'd be able to replace it when I came back out. I ducked down low and crawled inside, wriggling through the narrow metal tube until I was completely inside. It was easier then, because I could use my feet to push off the sides, rather than just my elbows and hands to pull me along.

I was a lot smaller the last time I did this, I thought breathlessly, trying to picture the map of air vents that I'd seen once a while ago in my head. Didn't want to take a wrong turn and end up in the Director's office or anything.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Presidential Case [x][-][x] A PRP for Aly and Ratty - Page 6 Empty Re: Presidential Case [x][-][x] A PRP for Aly and Ratty

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 6/30/2010, 10:39 pm

Emily got her ID Pass & opened the door to her quarters with it. She went in & sat down on the floor, going through some of the papers one last time then began reading a book.
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5263

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 6/30/2010, 11:44 pm

I paused as I came to an intersection of pipes. Is it right? I wondered. Or maybe left... I know it's not straight. It's... it's... I tried to picture the layout in my head. I'd started at the vent to the right of my room... so I wanted to turn left then, didn't I? Yeah. Left.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 7/4/2010, 7:19 pm

Emily sat there, bored. She let out a sigh, then put down her book, looking for something to do.

(( dudee... sorry for my uber late reply. -.-" ))
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/4/2010, 7:30 pm

I came to a narrow turnoff and somehow managed to wriggle down it, the metal walls pressing close to my shoulders on both sides. Thin shafts of light streamed through a metal vent at the end of the tunnel and I peered through the grate, recognizing the chaotic, messy state of my quarters. I paused, wondering how I was supposed to get the grate off from the inside.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 7/4/2010, 10:36 pm

Emily looked at the clock, then called Charlotte to check if she had already gotten back to her quarters.
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/4/2010, 10:44 pm

I pushed out on the grate, jiggling it up and down a bit. It seemed looser than it should; I must have loosened some of the screws a while ago just in case I tried something like this. My phone buzzed and I pressed the button on my earpiece. "Yeah?"
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 7/4/2010, 10:50 pm

" Did you get back already? " Emily asked.
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/4/2010, 10:55 pm

"Well, I can see it... I just can't open the grate."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 7/4/2010, 11:46 pm

Emily nodded, " But wait ... what are you gonna do then? You can't get in if you don't open the grate, obviously... "
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/4/2010, 11:58 pm

"I dunno..."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 7/5/2010, 12:33 am

" Well, don't you think you should go back, then? "
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/5/2010, 12:36 am

"Yeah, probably..." I frowned. "Dang."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 7/5/2010, 12:51 am

" Mhmm... you're gonna have to find another way of getting into there, then. "
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/5/2010, 12:53 am

"I could always ask the Director for a temporary pass... That's probably the last resort, though." As I spoke, I began wriggling backwards through the vents, going back the way I'd come.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 7/5/2010, 12:55 am

" Yepp. And it would only be 'till you get yours back, so... it wouldn't be bad, I guess. "
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/5/2010, 12:58 am

"I suppose... He wouldn't be too happy about it, though. And we're supposed to be on a mission by now anyway." I emerged from the vent and replaced the grate, straightening up and brushing the dust from my clothes.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 7/5/2010, 1:02 am

Emily frowned at that, " Yes, we should... " she said, " But we can't really start until Cam's finished with the papers, I guess... "
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/5/2010, 1:04 am

"I guess I'll go check on him again..."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 7/5/2010, 1:05 am

" Yeah, that would be good... "
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/5/2010, 1:28 am

"Okay. I'll call you back in a minute." I ended the call and strode down the hall towards Cam's room.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 7/5/2010, 1:31 am

Emily nodded, " Okay. " she said, ending the call as well.
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/5/2010, 1:41 am

As I approached Cam's door, I noticed something lying on the floor next to it. "Aw, c'mon," I grumbled, bending down to pick up my ID pass. "Really?"
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Aqua Wind 7/5/2010, 10:45 pm

Emily sat down on the floor & grabbed a blank piece of paper & a pencil, starting to scribble down random stuff on it.
Blue Aqua Wind
Blue Aqua Wind
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 7/5/2010, 10:52 pm

I carefully pocketed my pass and pressed the call button. "Cam," I called. "How're you doing?"
"Almost done. I'll probably be another twenty minutes or so."
"Okay, cool. Let us know."
"Yeah."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next