The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N

+3
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
shadowsowner888
rattyjol
7 posters

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N Empty |..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N

Post by rattyjol 8/2/2009, 12:23 am

Maturity: Animal matings/pregnancies, non-gory fights
Fantasy: Talking lions and hyenas, spirits

Note: The lion part of this RP is based off of my story, Golden Plains: Layisha.

RULES:
*Follow all TWG and TWG RP rules.
*No gory fight scenes or births, please.
*If you want to have a major plot (eg. one pride attacking another), please please please PM me first and get the idea approved. Border skirmishes and minor fights are okay, but nothing huge without permission.
*If you read all the rules, please post Lion's paw with your Golden Plains forms, and Hyena's fang with your Moonlit Savannah forms.
*They can be nocturnal or diurnal. I'm not sure if either lions or hyenas are specific. Also, I know there's the dry season and the rainy season, but it's just always going to be the dry season, to make it easier.
*Please don't ask for a special position. You can express interest, but that's it.
*You can have coat and eye colors that might not appear on a real lion or hyena (blue or green eyes, white pelt, etc), but please nothing totally abnormal, like pink or purple.
*Hyenas and lions don't interact much. When they do, they're not all that friendly. Just keep it in mind. Wink
*I reserve the right to add more rules whenever I see fit.

Golden Plains:

Your paws tread softly on the dusty ground as you peer through a clump of grasses at your prey. You slink around, cutting a young wildebeest off from its herd. You sneak towards it. Your muscles tense as you prepare to pounce.
"What do you think you're doing?"
The loud voice from behind you brings up the head of every single wildebeest. The young one you'd been stalking dodges around you and races to rejoin his mother and the rest of the herd as they race away.
"This is pride prey," the lion hisses, his pelt shining golden in the sun.
"I'm sorry," you stammer. "I didn't realize."
His eyes soften a little. "I am the leader of the Makuu pride. How would you like to join?"
You think for a minute. What will you do?

This is extremely loosely based of the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I'll go over everything so it's easy to understand.

There are four prides: the Makuu, the Fahari, the Brei, and the Paivi.

The Makuu live on a somewhat flat part of the savannah, although there's hills here and there. Their camp is ringed by boulders, which also create dens: the adults' den, the leader's den, the medicine lion/lioness's den, the learners' den, and numerous small dens for mothers and cubs. In the center of camp is a large rock, called the Roarstone, which the leader uses to hold pride meetings. Their territory borders with the Fahari and the Brei. The watering hole is shared with the Brei. They eat impala, zebras, wildebeests, and, very occasionally, an elephant, but it takes many lionesses to take one down.

The Fahari's territory is covered in dunes, which shelter the camp. They've developed ways to stop the sand from falling on them as they sleep in their dens, which are the same as the Makuu's, except all the mothers and cubs sleep in one big den. Their meetings are held at the Highhill and they've got a watering hole to themselves in the middle of their territory. They border with the Makuu and the Paivi. They eat the same prey as the Makuu.

The Brei live on the very flattest part of the savannah, the only hills being around the watering hole they share with the Makuu. They sleep out in the open, but they've dug dens into the ground to shelter in when need be. Their leader holds meetings from the ground. They border with the Makuu and the Paivi. They eat the same prey as the Makuu and the Fahari.

The Paivi live in the jungle. Their camp is sheltered by trees and tightly woven vines. Their dens are made of a variation of things, and are the same as the Fahari's. The meetings are held on the lowest branch of the Skytree and they've got a small watering hole in the middle of their territory. They border with the Fahari and the Brei and eat mostly warthogs, gazelles, and an occasional elephant.

The ranks are:

Leader - Self-explanatory. The leader of the pride.
Under - The lion or lioness who will become leader when the old leader dies. Leaders and unders must be opposite gender.
Medicine lion/lioness - The lion or lioness who has a knowledge of herbs and tends wounds.
Adults - Also self-explanatory; approximately a year and older. The males (lions) fight, and the females (lionesses) hunt. Lionesses learn only very basic fighting moves.
Learners - Young lions and lionesses, older than cubs but younger than adults. Each one is assigned one of the adults to be their teacher, nearly always of the same gender. To become an adult, lionesses have to go on a solo hunt. Lions choose any adult member of the pride and must fight - claws sheathed! - and defeat them.
Mothers - Again, self-explanatory. Lionesses pregnant or with cubs.
Cubs - Cubs.

They believe in the Nyota. The Nyota are the spirits of lions and lionesses who have passed on, and they're thought to live in every plant on the savannah.

If there's anything I've forgotten or that you don't understand, just let me know. Smile

Form:
Name:
Description:
Pride:
Other*:
* means optional.

Spoiler:

Characters:

Makuu:

Leader: Toryn ♂ [rattyjol]
Under: TBA
Medicine lion/lioness: TBA
Adults:
Russo ♂ [shadowsowner888]
Zeon ♂ [rattyjol]
Naeri ♀ [dogs_rock]

Learners:
Sun ♀ [Kelley]

Mothers and cubs:

Fahari:

Leader: TBA
Adults:
Lott ♂ [rattyjol]
Feras ♂ [shadowsowner888]
Morning Glory ♀ [dogs_rock]

Learners:

Mothers and cubs:

Brei:

Adults:
Nité ♀ [rattyjol]
Dairka ♀ [shadowsowner888]
Loki ♂ [dogs_rock]
Jazabelle ♀ [Doggiewriter23]

Learners:

Mothers and cubs:

Paivi:

Adults:
Zoal ♀ [shadowsowner888]
Jerome ♂ [dogs_rock]

Learners:

Mothers and cubs:

Last edited by rattyjol on 5/7/2010, 10:10 pm; edited 8 times in total
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N Empty Re: |..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N

Post by rattyjol 8/2/2009, 12:23 am

Moonlit Savannah:

The grass rustles around you as the moon shines down, turning everything silver. You peer through, eyes fixed on the half-dead gazelle in front of you. Suddenly a snout, wrinkled slightly in a growl, blocks your view.
"Stay away! This prey is ours."
You face him down, bewildered. "What are you talking about? There's plenty for all."
"Not for us," a new voice says. "GrassPack is too large to feed on one gazelle. We need all the prey we can get."
"GrassPack?" you ask curiously. "What's that?"
"Come with us. We'll show you."
Will you follow?

There are two packs: GrassPack and TreePack.

GrassPack is by far the larger of the two. Their territory consists of both the flatlands and the dunes. In other words, the territory of the Makuu, the Fahari, and the Brei. They make their camp hidden in the dunes. Their diet consists of gazelles, impalas, wildebeests, and zebras. They only scavenge when in great need.

TreePack, true to its name, lives in the trees. It shares its territory with the Paivi pride and has a camp near the edge of the jungle. Their diet manly includes warthogs, gazelles, and impalas. They only scavenge when in great need.

The ranks are as follows:

Alpha male and female - The two leaders of the pack. Must be mates.
Beta male and female - The second-in-commands. Must be mates.
Medicine hyena - The hyena with the knowledge of herbs and who heals injured pack members.
Adults - The regular-ranked hyenas. They hunt (or scavenge) and fight for the pack.
Training - The young hyenas. They receive their lessons from any adult who wishes to teach them at the moment.
Mothers - Nursing or pregnant females.
Cubs - Cubs.

Their belief is that dead hyenas live in the sun, and therefore they call the place their ancestors are SunPack.

Form:
Name:
Description: [please note that these are Spotted Hyenas]
Pack:
Other*:
* means optional.

Spoiler:

Characters:

GrassPack:

Alpha Male: TBA
Alpha Female: Luuva ♀ [rattyjol]

Beta Male: TBA
Beta Female: TBA

Medicine hyena: TBA

Adults:
Scrunge ♂ [shadowsowner888]

Training:

Mothers and cubs:

TreePack:

Alpha Male: Yenn ♂ [rattyjol]
Alpha Female: TBA

Beta Male: TBA
Beta Female: TBA

Medicine hyena: TBA

Adults:
Meeka ♀ [shadowsowner888]

Training:

Mothers and cubs:

Alpha Male Key:

☺️ She's seen you around.
☺️ ☺️ She knows your name.
☺️ ☺️ ☺️ You're friends.
☺️ ☺️ ☺️ ☺️ Best friends.
☺️ ☺️ ☺️ ☺️ ☺️ Could there be something more?
☺️ ☺️ ☺️ ☺️ ☺️ ☺️ Uh oh... serious crush alert!
♥️ You're the one - Congratulations, Alpha Male!

Alpha Female Key:

☻ Yeah, whatever. He's seen you.
☻☻ He remembers you. That's a step in the right direction.
☻☻☻ He enjoys hanging out with you.
☻☻☻☻ Good friends.
☻☻☻☻☻ He's got this feeling he can't quite place...
☻☻☻☻☻☻ He might just be falling.
♥️ You've won his heart - and the position of Alpha Female!

Last edited by rattyjol on 8/6/2009, 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N Empty Re: |..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N

Post by shadowsowner888 8/4/2009, 9:16 pm

((I'll join! Very Happy))

Name: Russo {RUE-so}
Personality: Ambitious, but in a healthy way, and is always trying to be helpful.
Description: Reddish-brownish with chocolate brown tailtip, mane, and eyes. Skinny and not too muscular, but he's strong enough to defend himself.
Pride: Makuu
Other*: Lion's paw

Name: Feras {FAIR-ahss}
Personality: Friendly, but quiet. Tries to avoid violence.
Description: Golden with a slightly more orangey tailtip and mane, and has faint, paler stripes like a zebra. Green eyes.
Pride: Fahari

Name: Dairka {DIR-kuh}
Personality: Keeps to herself, and gets awkward around strangers, but seems to have a good heart.
Description: Dark orange with pale blue eyes. Black tailtuft.
Pride: Brei

Name: Zoal {ZOHL}
Personality: Rather silly and shallow, and makes more mistakes than she cares to count. Feels bad that she's one of the worst members of the pride, though.
Description: Grayish with black tailtuft. Bright amber eyes.
Pride: Paivi

Name: Scrunge
Personality: Likes to act all tuff, but is really just a big softie once you get through to him.
Description: Mud brown with black spots. Brown eyes.
Pack: GrassPack
Other*: Hyena's fang

Name: Meeka
Personality: Very girly and snotty. Things everything revolves around her.
Description: Pale brown with chocolate brown spots. Sky blue eyes.
Pack: TreePack
Other*: Hyena's fang
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N 1312|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N 2412|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N 3349|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N 3548|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/6/2009, 12:27 am

(Awesome, thanks for joining! Smile)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/6/2009, 5:13 pm

((Yay! Very Happy Wanna RP?))
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N 1312|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N 2412|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N 3349|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N 3548|..| Golden Plains/Moonlit Savannah: An African RP |..| We N 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/6/2009, 9:20 pm

(Yeah! Who and who? Smile)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/7/2009, 9:18 am

((Hmm . . . Toryn and Russo?))
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/7/2009, 11:22 am

(Sure. Smile)

I sat quietly on one of the smaller boulders, watching the camp.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/7/2009, 9:16 pm

Russo snuck up behind Toryn, a grin stretched across his face. His plan was to tackle his leader, trying to give him a scare.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/7/2009, 9:20 pm

I heard soft, careful pawsteps behind me and smiled, but didn't show any sign that I knew someone was sneaking up on me.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/7/2009, 9:31 pm

Then, with a yowl, he leapt at Toryn.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/7/2009, 9:37 pm

I sidestepped neatly, successfully avoiding his pounce.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/7/2009, 10:12 pm

Russo hit the ground. "Aw, not fair!" he whined.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/7/2009, 10:27 pm

"In battle will your opponent wait for you to pounce on him?" I reminded him.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/8/2009, 8:54 am

"But how'd you know I was there?" he wailed, scrambling back to his paws and shaking the dust off his pelt.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/8/2009, 12:19 pm

(He reminds me of Leafdrift. XD)

"I heard you."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/8/2009, 1:18 pm

((Well, Leafdrift is immature in an immature way. nod Russo is immature in a barely-an-adult way.))

He considered this for a moment. "Oh."
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/8/2009, 5:20 pm

(Okay? XD)

"Good stalking, though. That would have worked on anyone not paying attention."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/9/2009, 9:03 am

"Oh." He laughed. "Okay, then. Thanks."
((Idk why I named him Russo. xD))
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/9/2009, 12:43 pm

(Hmm... WB. XP)
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/9/2009, 1:27 pm

((OMG. xD))
"So what's it like, always paying attention?" he asked randomly.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/9/2009, 1:29 pm

(I get too much WB. XD)

"Uh... Well, you always know what's going on around you."
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/9/2009, 1:55 pm

((Lol, I never do. xD Even when I say I do, it's just lack of motivation, rather than of inspiration.))

"No, I mean, like how do you feel about it?"
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 8/9/2009, 1:58 pm

"What do you mean?"
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/9/2009, 2:12 pm

"Well, you have to be alert all time, right?"
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next