The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea)

3 posters

Go down

Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea) Empty Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea)

Post by Selene Hime 5/30/2010, 9:21 pm

I actually stumbled across this idea last night during my freewrite, and I also wrote a poem (sort of) on the idea today. It isn't as definite as SoG - still being worked on bit by bit - but the idea won't leave me alone. The basics of the idea are:

Without balance, the terrain of power; light and dark, is ever shifting. Without balance, each Layer of the rift trembles and quakes with strife. It was only when one human woman and a Demon Lord joined souls, Bonding, that peace began to return. The young woman was awakened as the first Leaute, one comparable to a Demi-Goddess in prowess. With the learning of her powers, winds of change began to course through the Layer they resided in.

With her death, however, the cycle began anew. So it happened over centuries, and even millennia. It was learned that the traits of a Leaute were not genetic, but the chosen guardian's powers seemed to awaken on their own when the next eligible maiden reached her twentieth year - Full maturity, in both physical and magical potential. The time in-between awakenings and the death of the previous Leaute, however, left bloodstained pages in history. Four moons, however, also seemed to influence their Layer.

White - The dominate moon, holding it's place in the sky for nine moonspans out of twelve.
Silver - Staggered for one moonspan after the first three in white.
Gold - After the first six white moonspans.
Black - The final moon, at the end of the year.

Each of the three latter moons, however, seem to increase properties of the races. Silver increases magical power of the humans that reside in the layer, whilst the Golden Moon assists both the humans and demons. The final, Black Moon, only increases demonic power. Each of the moons have a three day peak, the height of the power reaching it's maximum on the middle night.

The other part of my initial plot idea is this:
It has been three years since the Leaute perished, drained of her powers from Bonding with an ill-intent but masked Demon. The Layer has fallen into shambles, strife and bloodshed reigning supreme. Two powerful Demon Lords are vying for dominance in the Layer, and know with the awakening of the new Leaute that one will most certainly perish in the end. They simply await her rise to guardianship, holding steadfast during doing so. Lives continue to be lost, staining the ground and sky scarlet. All excess resources are spent searching for the next Leaute, in attempt to gain her support before awakening.

When she is found, however, she wants nothing whatsoever to do with the Demon Lords. While she knows Bonding is important for the sake of the Layer, she has a deep seated mistrust for the demons - Yet does not even know why. Her own past is clouded, up to two years ago shrouded in hazy mists. The sands of time run against her, however.

Each moment after awakening, it becomes apparent that other Demons know of her presence when not Bonded. Not doing so, however, also blocks out the majority of her development. Putting massive strain on her body and mind as it is, being unable to balance out the task and energy needed to uphold her status as Leaute. It becomes clear that she must Bond, and soon, before her body gives into the toll and the Layer begins to truly crumble. Unfortunately, though, the only Demon that had even vaguely gained her approval was the very one in the center of the conflict. It could either end the war, or make it worse.

The Bond - Ceremonial "Song/Poem":
Italics = Leaute
Bold = Demon
Italicized Bold = Pair

On a night disrupted by strife,
Slitting the Layers like a knife.
It is on this night I make a promise,
To bind my soul to yours under these skies.

We join our souls, Leaute and Demon Lord,
Lest the Layer be torn apart by fate's sword.
It is on this night I make a promise,
To bind my soul to yours under these skies.

Keepers of balance,
Maintaining a sacred dance.
Looking into each others eyes,
We seek to prevent demise.

Guardians of dark and light,
A pair of shadowed Knights.
To rise from the debris,
This promise must be fulfilled by you and me.

Said between the Leaute and Demon when Bonding.

Other Notes:
Leaute - Derived from the French Le Haut, meaning "High One". (Something I remembered looking up at some point, XD.)

The idea also relies heavily on the Yin-Yang concept, opposites joining together to create peace.
Selene Hime
Selene Hime
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 426

Back to top Go down

Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea) Empty Re: Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea)

Post by rattyjol 5/30/2010, 9:33 pm

Ooooh... That's an amazing idea! cheesy I really wanna read this if you ever post it. nod
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea) Empty Re: Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea)

Post by Selene Hime 5/30/2010, 10:09 pm

*Smiles.* Thanks, Ratty. Believe it or not, I only found this because my fingers did the walking during my freewrite. ^_^

If you want the extremely rough idea, you can go look at the freewrite I posted in my thread last night. (May 29th.) Names and appearances are subject to change, though.
Selene Hime
Selene Hime
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/31/2010, 6:33 pm

I really like the idea, Selene! ^^ When/if you make a story out of it, I want to see it, too!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea) 1312Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea) 2412Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea) 3349Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea) 3548Leaute: The High One (Another Story Idea) 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Hime 5/31/2010, 9:05 pm

Thank you, Shadow. ^_^

I've already got a good portion of basic world building and rules set down, so I just need to work on the characters and nitty-gritty details for the most part. I have a feeling this will definitely be posted when I find a good starting point.
Selene Hime
Selene Hime
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down